two kids die from herion

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just wondering

Plainfield, IL

#1 Mar 11, 2014
Has anyone else heard that two more kids in town have died from herion overdoses. This is so sad. When will the kids in this town learn having friends die from that shit isn't lesson enough??2382
Sharky

Schenectady, NY

#2 Mar 11, 2014
My condolences to you community. I understand the scourge. I have 2 nephews, white, upper middle class, suburban who became junkies. 1 did time in prison. I don't know why the young seek such powerful and addictive drugs. Legalizing cannabis may draw them off from heroin. But it is a worldwide epidemic. Afghanistan.
tree

Mokena, IL

#3 Mar 11, 2014
i heard of one last week. It's extremely scary. It definitely does not discriminate either. I don't know what the answer is, but I believe we have to continue educating our kids and being proactive.
This truly is an epidemic.
listening

New Lenox, IL

#5 Mar 12, 2014
I heard about 1. There were 2? I heard 1 was from central.
taco

Mokena, IL

#6 Mar 12, 2014
Professor wrote:
It would not surprise me. We are living in a society that wants to legalize drugs and promote them as being okay! What do you expect is going to happen?
I'm pretty certain heroin is illegal.
Sad News

Mokena, IL

#7 Mar 13, 2014
listening wrote:
I heard about 1. There were 2? I heard 1 was from central.
do you know if the individual was a current student or a graduate?
listen

United States

#8 Mar 15, 2014
Professor wrote:
It would not surprise me. We are living in a society that wants to legalize drugs and promote them as being okay! What do you expect is going to happen?
I truly wish i knew who you were so i could get you help. Every time you type its hatred and anger. Why?
Illinois likes heroin

New Lenox, IL

#9 Mar 15, 2014
http://www.policymic.com/articles/80091/which...

OUr state is one of the leaders in heroin usage. I know a couple families ripped apart by overdoses.

I believe anyone even remotely associated with selling, making, transporting this substance should do serious jail time. Enough.

Per Will County Coroner Presentation, pot is now laced with heroin to get the kids addicted. They think they are just smoking pot. It either creates the addiction, or they can overdose right there.

Again...put anyone associated with this drug in prison. A dark, cold prison with one meal, period. Just to sit there all day and rot.
eyes wide open

New Lenox, IL

#10 Mar 15, 2014
Heroin overdoses are happening all over. Police need to dig deeper and find & prosecute the dealers. If they own a home, take it away, if they have kids, take them away from their crappy drug dealing parents, if they own a nice car, take it away. Their neighbors, family, and co-workers need to know what kind of loser they really are. There are more drug dealers out there than anyone knows, because when people see suspicious behavior they away. If you suspect something illegal that you see happen time & time again, stand up & do something about it.
CC Ryder

Plainfield, IL

#11 Mar 15, 2014
Professor wrote:
You have to remember for how long the so called war on illegal drugs has been going on and how many people have made an income because those who had the power to stop this crime hadn't done it since it would have caused a loss of revenue, aka, taxes.
Tax

Mokena, IL

#12 Mar 15, 2014
CC Ryder wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to remember for how long the so called war on illegal drugs has been going on and how many people have made an income because those who had the power to stop this crime hadn't done it since it would have caused a loss of revenue, aka, taxes.
Gee, I didn't realize there was sales tax on heroin.
Bob Thomas

Lockport, IL

#16 Mar 16, 2014
Darwinism. Some people will die no matter how many laws you pass to protect their weak makeup or poor discipline.. The uptick in recent years are because kids get started with similar prescribed drugs they pull out of their parents medicine cabinets. I love the part time Libertarians on this site that run to government control on selected issues. This is why you can't trust the Tea Partiers because once the black guy leaves office they will support the same overspending practiced now. Junkies all.
Four More Years

New Lenox, IL

#18 Mar 16, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>That's where your wrong Bob! Why do you bring race into this? It's policy everyone is against! Racism is just a liberal excuse to defend the reckless spending and Marxist ideology of Obama! A black president was elected....and your still using the race card?

I'm a tea party supporter and don't support irresponsible uncontrolled spending that has been going on! The Tea Party candidates I know and support are against this as well. It you liberals that support and defend the reckless spending and Marxist of Obama and the left.....not the Tea Party Patriots!
I supported W and his reckless spending. Which President has been closest to a TP candidate?
Sharky

Schenectady, NY

#19 Mar 16, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where your wrong Bob! Why do you bring race into this? It's policy everyone is against! Racism is just a liberal excuse to defend the reckless spending and Marxist ideology of Obama! A black president was elected....and your still using the race card?
I'm a tea party supporter and don't support irresponsible uncontrolled spending that has been going on! The Tea Party candidates I know and support are against this as well. It you liberals that support and defend the reckless spending and Marxist of Obama and the left.....not the Tea Party Patriots!
Let's be honest, drug use/abuse is a medical/health/spiritual issue not a political/criminal/legal issue, Prohibitions never work and are racist, creating criminals of 'others'. All drugs should be legal with medical support such as counseling. as Bob said, Darwinism will eliminate the reckless. Legalization also allows for quality control. Often these overdoses are due to an abnormally strong preparation of the drug. But we can all agree the trillion dollar drug war has been a failure.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/06/opinion/branson...
Sharky

Schenectady, NY

#20 Mar 16, 2014
regulated like alcohol and tobacco. estimates of $50 billion a year in tax revenue PLUS the savings of over 40 billion a year spent on the law enforcement.
that's win. win.$90 billion bucks!
Boom!
CC Ryder

Plainfield, IL

#21 Mar 16, 2014
Tax wrote:
<quoted text> Gee, I didn't realize there was sales tax on heroin.
No. Gee I'm sorry that you obviously do not have intellect or intelligence to understand the premise of what I was saying.
That's somewhat strange though since others have seemed to have gotten it.
Tax

Mokena, IL

#22 Mar 16, 2014
CC Ryder wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Gee I'm sorry that you obviously do not have intellect or intelligence to understand the premise of what I was saying.
That's somewhat strange though since others have seemed to have gotten it.
Golly, I' pretty sure no one else even addressed your comment. But if you want to humor me by telling us how the government is collecting taxes on heroin please do.
CC Ryder

Plainfield, IL

#24 Mar 16, 2014
Tax wrote:
<quoted text> Golly, I' pretty sure no one else even addressed your comment. But if you want to humor me by telling us how the government is collecting taxes on heroin please do.
Not to bright are you. Can you point out where in my comment I said that the government was collecting tax money from the sale of the heroin itself?
The key is in my comment here, but I still believe you won't be able to figure it out.

doe

Downers Grove, IL

#25 Mar 16, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't I as a truck driver ever use any amounts of any controlled drugs? I can drink alcohol up to 10 hours before I start work.......but can't smoke a little innocent marijuana as many claim it is? I would love to smoke some weed tonight and then get in my semi tractor trailer in the morning and wheel it down the road at 70mph! I am being discriminated against! My rights are being violated! This should not be happening under Obama! The weed wont effect my judgment in the morning! We are supposed to treat everyone fairly! This discrimination against truck drivers must end!
We want to dope up and party too!
Professor, you look so foolish commenting on so many topics.
Four More Years

New Lenox, IL

#26 Mar 16, 2014
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>Why can't I as a truck driver ever use any amounts of any controlled drugs? I can drink alcohol up to 10 hours before I start work.......but can't smoke a little innocent marijuana as many claim it is? I would love to smoke some weed tonight and then get in my semi tractor trailer in the morning and wheel it down the road at 70mph! I am being discriminated against! My rights are being violated! This should not be happening under Obama! The weed wont effect my judgment in the morning! We are supposed to treat everyone fairly! This discrimination against truck drivers must end!

We want to dope up and party too!
I always thought you were stoned when posting. Don't tell me "your" not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump making it great 11 min Im the Toro 42
Fairmont Questioner 22 min Up yours 30
What happened to the Democratic Party? 41 min MPMMB 155
What can we do to get American's off of food st... 55 min Unreal Shi_ 87
The Solution to Health Care 1 hr Appalled 53
breaking news!!!!! 1 hr curse of the dumb 278
Sharky Now Ineligible 2 hr Dennyk 13

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance