New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Way to drive another business into the ground Unions! A company that has been in bankruptcy asks their union workers to take an 8% cut in salary to keep the door open. The Union says "no way we're standing our ground!"...and the doors are now shut for good. From 8% salary cut to 100% salary cut...wise move morons! Another sign of Unions dying a slow death!
Neighbor

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Locally there are 300 Bakers let go. Where will 300 Bakers find another job I ask??? Damn stupid move... Union Leder said they we standing their ground for the sake of members acros th counry. Oh great... Did he los his job too? <lol I bt thereare a lot of wives packing their bags right ow too!
Tom Tigger

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Another US business affected by the Obama economy. Thanks to all you voters. This is what you asked for ... and the Unions pumped a lot of money into the Obama campaign.
thinking

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

They say 18,000 will be out of a job now
Neighbor

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

18,000 more now depending upon Government Aid.
Ho-Ho-Hostess

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Tom Tigger wrote:
Another US business affected by the Obama economy. Thanks to all you voters. This is what you asked for ... and the Unions pumped a lot of money into the Obama campaign.
LMAO...and you blame Obama for this? This is the second time Hostess filed for bankruptcy in the past 10-years. First bankruptcy was in 2004 and the president at that time was...hhhmmm... let's see...BUSH who served from 2001-2009. So don't cry to us how this is an Obama issue. This is a Union issue. Everyone else in the country is expected to make cuts and concessions except the Union workers. Well they had it coming and good for Hostess for calling their bluff. Don't make this a political issue. It's a union problem and they're killing themselves!
John Sanchez

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

thinking wrote:
They say 18,000 will be out of a job now
Sure, sure but what about the thousands who might not have heart attacks and die from stuffing their faces and arteries with Twinkies, HoHo's and Hostess cupcakes? How many jobs will that be that aren't bequeathed to the living? How many cardiologists and cardiac surgeons will have to start cutting back on their lifestyles?

Just think of all the construction jobs lost because a standard three foot entry door won't have to be widened to let some Hostess fan's expanded arse pass without chafing on the jamb.

This is truly a tragedy of monumental proportions, but looking on the bright side, it gives you twits something to cluck about for those moments before it fades into historical insignificance.
My man mitt

Schererville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Ho-Ho-Hostess wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO...and you blame Obama for this? This is the second time Hostess filed for bankruptcy in the past 10-years. First bankruptcy was in 2004 and the president at that time was...hhhmmm... let's see...BUSH who served from 2001-2009. So don't cry to us how this is an Obama issue. This is a Union issue. Everyone else in the country is expected to make cuts and concessions except the Union workers. Well they had it coming and good for Hostess for calling their bluff. Don't make this a political issue. It's a union problem and they're killing themselves!
Unions support obama, obama supports unions. They are one in the same.
Ho-Ho-Hostess

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

John Sanchez wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, sure but what about the thousands who might not have heart attacks and die from stuffing their faces and arteries with Twinkies, HoHo's and Hostess cupcakes? How many jobs will that be that aren't bequeathed to the living? How many cardiologists and cardiac surgeons will have to start cutting back on their lifestyles?
Just think of all the construction jobs lost because a standard three foot entry door won't have to be widened to let some Hostess fan's expanded arse pass without chafing on the jamb.
This is truly a tragedy of monumental proportions, but looking on the bright side, it gives you twits something to cluck about for those moments before it fades into historical insignificance.
Too funny! But true!
My man mitt

Schererville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

John Sanchez wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe bain capital can get in and save them. Why would they though, if they only saved 10,000 jobs you'd be whining that they cost the other 8,000 people their jobs.
Neighbor

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Way way funny My an mit!!!!!

Johnny is a kid out here who obviously needs life to teach him a few thing yet. No intelligent adult would post what Johnny does... Cut him a little slack. Keep schooling him.
Bye Bye Mitt

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

My man mitt wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe bain capital can get in and save them. Why would they though, if they only saved 10,000 jobs you'd be whining that they cost the other 8,000 people their jobs.
I guess you can't tell the difference between a profitable company closing a plant, putting American workers out of work to send their jobs to China and a company that's been battling bankruptcy for close to a decade finally pulling the plug. It's okay, everyone knows you're not that bright. Uh..Mitt Romney lost the election you know.
Ho-Ho-Hostess

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

My man mitt wrote:
<quoted text>Unions support obama, obama supports unions. They are one in the same.
Again I say Hostess' financial problems started long before Obama took office. So I guess we should blame the Bush administration for the first bankruptcy in 2004, right?

The issue here is that the Unions think they are so powerful that they'll muscle their way to victory...not this time! I was just hoping that the the CPS brought in non-union teachers when the Union teachers went on strike. Of course that didn't happen because the replacement teacher may have actually outperformed the Union teachers and the kids might have actually learned something.
Union Thug

Mokena, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

I find it odd I am acually glad Hostess called the union's bluff on this. 18,000 people are out of work now. I know that's not a good thing but a lesson needed to be learned. You don't want to work, leave. If you would like a job we can work with you, but don't extort us. Now look at the mess they've made.
Neighbor

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Ironically... The idiot Union members have remained on strike!!!! <lol LMAO Clueless...
Eye of the liger

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

I blame everyone going healthy. Its because everyone's getting healty & buff. Nooses eating twinkies and ding dongs anymore. Know the workers will be sitting at home playing with their ding dongs till they loose their homes to.
thinking

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Wow!!! Search twinkies on amazon. Com!!! There is some going for a cool million hahahahahahaha
thinking

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

There are some for $10,000 not a million. Sorry!
Professor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Ho-Ho-Hostess wrote:
<quoted text>
The obama economy had a lot to do with it. Regulations put on them to convert their old fleet of trucks to run on low sulfet diesel was costly. Then fuel skyrocketing to $4 a gallon for the past four years didnt help. Especially when trucks get 5 miles a gallon. With no end in site for relief and
the upcoming cost of obamacare. They made a decision to close.
Friend of Obama

Mokena, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Mr Obama made the right decision for us again. It will only cost 18,000 jobs. A small price to pay for our well being.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of133
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Joliet Forum right now

Search the Joliet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min truth 48,828
Taylor Glen HOA 32 min cos 24
Travel Baseball 48 min Steve 11
wooded cove joe ward bob blum 1 hr wonderin 1
Racist flyers 1 hr Rick 3
new lenox neighborhood watch group on facebook 1 hr OMG 196
Tea Tards Gone Wild 2 hr GO Sharky 28
•••
•••
•••
Joliet Dating

more search filters

less search filters