Yes

No

First Prev
of 26
Next Last
You know that I know

Streamwood, IL

#1 Nov 23, 2009
Can you believe that inane comment from Kathy Markus in the paper today?? I can not believe that amount of perks that Dr. Sass got in his contract......Not that I agree with Sue Smith and Maureen Broderick all of the time, but there really needs to be separate counsel for the board when they negotiate contracts....can't believe that he gets $ 5,000.00 to attend meetings that are a part of his job.
He knows that we know

AOL

#2 Nov 23, 2009
Yes, very over paid. Glad to see a paper finally do some searching to prove it!
Mom of two

United States

#3 Nov 23, 2009
Kathy Markus,I can't seem to find anything positive to say about the woman..................
WOW

Mokena, IL

#4 Nov 23, 2009
Mom of two wrote:
Kathy Markus,I can't seem to find anything positive to say about the woman..........
I agree!!!
No Party

Mokena, IL

#5 Nov 23, 2009
The salary, benefits and perks are outrageous. In a time where the number of teachers are decreasing, so should the administrative salaries and benefits.

And the last paragraph from Kathy Markus seems to me like she's attributing the growth of this area to Sass. Sorry, but many other people could have performed just as well as Sass for much less compensation.

I'd love to know what specifically he has done that no one else could have, that justifies this type of compensation.

I hope the votes on this become very public, and those that supported it are ousted. I think one of the primary issues for the next board election needs to be administrative compensation so it is known where the candidates stand.
to no party

Frankfort, IL

#6 Nov 23, 2009
Markus and Gillooly supported the extension of his contract.

There is no rationale or accountability here with his pay, just a history of immature actions by some board members, past and present, and an administrator who used the boards for his own personal gain.

Markus and Gillooly must resign for the good of our schools and community.

I think it would be a great civics lesson for parents to bring their students to some of these board meetings and to see their parents acting as role models when faced with a disgraceful behavior by elected officials.

Parents and taxpayers, please send letters and place calls asking for resignations and explanations. Get involved, make difference for your kids.
get rid of them

Frankfort, IL

#7 Nov 24, 2009
just a few observations:

1) when do the toxic twins term expire?
2) when will balderman be brought into this blog? he is always blamed for everything! Ha Ha!
to get rid of them

Frankfort, IL

#8 Nov 24, 2009
get rid of them wrote:
just a few observations:
2) when will balderman be brought into this blog? he is always blamed for everything! Ha Ha!
Kathy Markus and Sue G.
Nice

Gary, IN

#9 Nov 24, 2009
to no party wrote:
Markus and Gillooly supported the extension of his contract.
There is no rationale or accountability here with his pay, just a history of immature actions by some board members, past and present, and an administrator who used the boards for his own personal gain.
Markus and Gillooly must resign for the good of our schools and community.
I think it would be a great civics lesson for parents to bring their students to some of these board meetings and to see their parents acting as role models when faced with a disgraceful behavior by elected officials.
Parents and taxpayers, please send letters and place calls asking for resignations and explanations. Get involved, make difference for your kids.
MAUREEN, You crack me up. But thank you for the civics lesson. Life really sucks right now, don't it Maureen?
Nice

Gary, IN

#10 Nov 24, 2009
get rid of them wrote:
just a few observations:
That is FUNNY! LOL LOL LOL LOL
to no party

Frankfort, IL

#11 Nov 24, 2009
Nice wrote:
<quoted text>MAUREEN, You crack me up. But thank you for the civics lesson. Life really sucks right now, don't it Maureen?
I'm glad you are enjoying the civics lesson.

And you are still the master of evading a topic while trying to guess who people are on here. All that practice and still not getting it right.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Good Hands

Gary, IN

#12 Nov 24, 2009
to no party wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you are enjoying the civics lesson.
And you are still the master of evading a topic while trying to guess who people are on here. All that practice and still not getting it right.
Happy Thanksgiving.
YOU are classic at evading the topics.
And all that practice as a MASTER school board member (6 years to be exact) and YOUR still not getting it right. Whats really funny is all the other groups your involved with say the same things about you.
to no party

United States

#13 Nov 24, 2009
Good Hands wrote:
<quoted text>YOU are classic at evading the topics.
And all that practice as a MASTER school board member (6 years to be exact) and YOUR still not getting it right. Whats really funny is all the other groups your involved with say the same things about you.
Ah, wrong again :(

Thanks for the laugh, though.
You know that I know

Streamwood, IL

#14 Nov 24, 2009
Good Hands wrote:
<quoted text>YOU are classic at evading the topics.
Schererville, really, stay on topic. Is Sass overpaid or not? Don't care about your vendetta against Broderick.....is Sass worth $ 333,000.00 or not? That is the subject here.
No Party

Mokena, IL

#15 Nov 24, 2009
You know that I know wrote:
<quoted text>
Schererville, really, stay on topic. Is Sass overpaid or not? Don't care about your vendetta against Broderick.....is Sass worth $ 333,000.00 or not? That is the subject here.
Thank you!!!
Bash

Gary, IN

#16 Nov 24, 2009
You know that I know wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright here it is, do I think superintendents are overpaid? Salary: No, Perks: Yes.
Now, is he worth it, Yes, I feel he has done a great job.JMO... And I will bash a board member when feel she is wasting my tax dollars by wasting everyone's time. I would bash Markus, Gillooley, Martino or whoever when I feel they are wasting my dollar. Sass make's a lot of money but a least I am getting something in return. I don't agree with the board members (school board, village or park district) all the time. Plain and simple, I DON'T LIKE Broderick, she screwed me and my husbands financial papers up one to many times. So why would I think that she is fiscally responsible? Watch the papers, anytime there is a ribbon cutting you will see her face there or any other event. Its not about being involved its about her saying "ME ME ME". I don't know why Markus doesn't just shut her down at school board meetings. Maybe she isn't cut out for the job.
No Party

Mokena, IL

#17 Nov 24, 2009
Wow, even when you tried to stay on topic, you couldn't!! Over 3/4 of your post was offtopic again!

Back on topic, my opinion is Sass is definitely overcompensated. Break it down by perks, salary, or any way you want (a nice trick used by the corporate crowds that is obviously trickling into educational bureaucracy), he is overcompensated. I would love to know what he has done, specifically, that no one else was capable of doing.

Saying he's done a great job is subjective, especially when no key points are given. One thing that isn't as subjective is he did a great job in negotiating his compensation. But above that, isn't doing a great job part of the job function? Are teachers or other administrators (or ANYONE really) paid to do a poor job, or even a mediocre job? Rarely, and the superintendent position is not one of those rare instances.
Bash

Gary, IN

#18 Nov 24, 2009
No Party wrote:
Wow, even when you tried to stay on topic, you couldn't!! Over 3/4 of your post was offtopic again!
Back on topic, my opinion is Sass is definitely overcompensated. Break it down by perks, salary, or any way you want (a nice trick used by the corporate crowds that is obviously trickling into educational bureaucracy), he is overcompensated. I would love to know what he has done, specifically, that no one else was capable of doing.
Saying he's done a great job is subjective, especially when no key points are given. One thing that isn't as subjective is he did a great job in negotiating his compensation. But above that, isn't doing a great job part of the job function? Are teachers or other administrators (or ANYONE really) paid to do a poor job, or even a mediocre job? Rarely, and the superintendent position is not one of those rare instances.
Nice spin....
WOW

Mokena, IL

#19 Nov 24, 2009
Bash wrote:
<quoted text>Alright here it is, do I think superintendents are overpaid? Salary: No, Perks: Yes.
Now, is he worth it, Yes, I feel he has done a great job.JMO... And I will bash a board member when feel she is wasting my tax dollars by wasting everyone's time. I would bash Markus, Gillooley, Martino or whoever when I feel they are wasting my dollar. Sass make's a lot of money but a least I am getting something in return. I don't agree with the board members (school board, village or park district) all the time. Plain and simple, I DON'T LIKE Broderick, she screwed me and my husbands financial papers up one to many times. So why would I think that she is fiscally responsible? Watch the papers, anytime there is a ribbon cutting you will see her face there or any other event. Its not about being involved its about her saying "ME ME ME". I don't know why Markus doesn't just shut her down at school board meetings. Maybe she isn't cut out for the job.
What has Sass done???
You know that I know

Streamwood, IL

#20 Nov 24, 2009
Bash wrote:
<quoted text>Alright here it is, do I think superintendents are overpaid? Salary: No, Perks: Yes.
Yeah, how is he worth it??? The school's AYP keep going down and the crazy no one gets less than a 50 for their grade, whether they do any work or not, is just a frickin' farce.....so what has he done.....all I ever hear about is slumping grades, lack of discipline, job cuts where they are needed most (e.g. reading labs and school counselors).....so what is so gteat about him?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RTW or no? 5 min Patriot 20
Little Joe's-NL 12 min American Patriot 16
Shocking ISIS Situation 17 min Patriot 28
Obama snubbing Netanyahu even before he speaks 26 min American Patriot 1
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 27 min Stay the course 8,350
Obama Burries Emanuel 39 min Patriot 6
Should the FCC be defunded for their latest ant... 2 hr American Patriot 2
Joliet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future