Jack's on State
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Steak Eater

Manhattan, IL

#1 Mar 14, 2013
We have been to this place twice. The first time we were told we needed to order the steak. The place is dirty and they put tablecloths on the old Manhattan restaurant and jacked up the prices for very low-grade food. We waited for 15 minutes to be served and it wasn't busy. We gave them a chance since its a local establishment so we choked down our food down and left. Thinking they might have had some time to sort things out, we support our town and gave Jacks another chance 5 months later. It was worse and we left still hungry after paying our bill. Not good at all and there were misspellings on the menu. I'm sorry but I wouldn't feed Jacks to a dog. This place sucks and I will let everyone know to stay away. I would rather drive to Al's Steakhouse, Jack Gibbons or Krapels to get an awesome steak dinner! Please be advised!
Limited

Manhattan, IL

#2 Mar 14, 2013
Did you talk to the owner or just come on here and whine? I have been there several times and the food was great. Sure they won't miss your cheap azz.
Steak Eater wrote:
We have been to this place twice. The first time we were told we needed to order the steak. The place is dirty and they put tablecloths on the old Manhattan restaurant and jacked up the prices for very low-grade food. We waited for 15 minutes to be served and it wasn't busy. We gave them a chance since its a local establishment so we choked down our food down and left. Thinking they might have had some time to sort things out, we support our town and gave Jacks another chance 5 months later. It was worse and we left still hungry after paying our bill. Not good at all and there were misspellings on the menu. I'm sorry but I wouldn't feed Jacks to a dog. This place sucks and I will let everyone know to stay away. I would rather drive to Al's Steakhouse, Jack Gibbons or Krapels to get an awesome steak dinner! Please be advised!
Jacks on State Sucks

Manhattan, IL

#3 Mar 14, 2013
Limited I could buy and sell your family. You don't eat at Ruth's Chris or Chicago Cut because the bill is more than your mortgage. I'm sure you are one of Jacks cronies. Have fun eating dog food, jackass!
My Experience

Manhattan, IL

#4 Mar 14, 2013
I got food poisoning when I ate here and won't go back.
Dog Food

Manhattan, IL

#5 Mar 14, 2013
Jacks on State Sucks wrote:
Limited I could buy and sell your family. You don't eat at Ruth's Chris or Chicago Cut because the bill is more than your mortgage. I'm sure you are one of Jacks cronies. Have fun eating dog food, jackass!
Thanks for sharing that.
Sick

Manhattan, IL

#6 Mar 14, 2013
I ate there once and I got so sick I will never go there again.
Steak Eater

Manhattan, IL

#7 Mar 14, 2013
Really? Called me a cheap ass? I didn't complain of the high prices, I complained about the quality of the food. We didn't get sick, thank god. But if I did, I would have had that place closed down. I'm just going to take the ride to Great Steak places, which unfortunately are not in our town, yet. Jacks should go out of business. With me being in the food industry, I also found out Jacks DOESN'T use Angus Steaks like he claims. How did I find that out, oh Jack.....people in our industry talk and a lot of us know the same people. Take my advice,, stay out of Jacks for your health everyone!
Eating Critic

Manhattan, IL

#8 Mar 15, 2013
My wife and I also tried Jacks. His stuffed shrimp wasn't that good, salad bar was very small and his steak was very rubbery. We spoke to the owner, I think it was him, while he was working the register and he seemed like a nice guy. The only question I have is, when we ordered a Diet Coke and a glass of wine, the waitress went next door to Blarneys Pub to get the drinks? This is typically not normal. Does Gallagher own part of this restaurant or is it just a business relationship? Just curious......oh yeah, we won't be going back. Would rather drive our car to a REAL steak place. At least we tried Jacks and it wasn't good at all.
See the light

Manhattan, IL

#9 Mar 15, 2013
This is the real reason Jack's is being trashed on here:

http://www.russell-publications.com/articles/...
Relax

Oswego, IL

#10 Mar 15, 2013
Yea,Same poster one of Borgos bandits.
knot

Woodridge, IL

#11 Mar 17, 2013
See the light wrote:
This is the real reason Jack's is being trashed on here:
http://www.russell-publications.com/articles/...
Nope. Jacks just has crap food.
Duh

Manhattan, IL

#12 Mar 17, 2013
My wife and I went in there about a week ago, sat down and at the 15 minute mark go up and went to New Lenox after no one came to take our order. First impressions are very important, and the first one will be my last one.

I truly believe that this town is cursed. Over priced crappy food in every place that tries to push what they sell as food. If a decent place opened up here no one would know what to do.

It seams the closer you get to Chicago the worse the customer service gets. I can't wait to move back South for better food, and good customer service.
Kathy

Manhattan, IL

#13 Mar 17, 2013
Just had breakfast at Jack's with my family and it was awesome! No complaints from us. Food and service were great.
this Dude here

Manhattan, IL

#14 Mar 17, 2013
Kathy wrote:
Just had breakfast at Jack's with my family and it was awesome! No complaints from us. Food and service were great.
How long have you worked there?
bland crap

Chicago, IL

#15 Mar 17, 2013
Kathy wrote:
Sorry to hear you don't have taste buds, hope it's nothing serious. You should go see a doctor just to be safe.
I gave them a few tries, same bland crap every time.
Maybe the State should investigate why they are paying employees cash instead of doing it properly. If someone gets hurt, highly likely since the cooks drink on the job, they won't get carp from workers comp.
Kathy

Manhattan, IL

#16 Mar 18, 2013
I don't work there.
this Dude here wrote:
<quoted text> How long have you worked there?
Kathy

Manhattan, IL

#17 Mar 18, 2013
Just my opinion.
bland crap wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear you don't have taste buds, hope it's nothing serious. You should go see a doctor just to be safe.
I gave them a few tries, same bland crap every time.
Maybe the State should investigate why they are paying employees cash instead of doing it properly. If someone gets hurt, highly likely since the cooks drink on the job, they won't get carp from workers comp.
Limited

Manhattan, IL

#18 Mar 18, 2013
I don't have a mortgage as my house is paid for. Has been for six years. If YOU can afford it, try Chicago Firehouse or if you ever get to Evanston Pete Miller's. Just saying Jack's is not bad. I will admit I have not tried the steak nor do I plan to. If I want a good steak I go to a good steak house, not a local joint. If I want good Mexican food I go to a Mexican neighborhood. Same with Italian.
Jacks on State Sucks wrote:
Borgo Bootlicker

Harwood Heights, IL

#19 Mar 18, 2013
So what did the weasel promise you phonies to post negative things about Jack's?Bisquit will mow your lawn?
resident

United States

#20 Mar 18, 2013
We go to Jack's on a weekly basis, the service is great. Start supprting your local business instead of looking for something to b* tch about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lockport murders 3 hr Glen Frederick 11
If you can't afford The Creamery 4 hr LFB hater 7
Citizens for 210 6 hr I think your wrong 6
Trump and Political Correctness 10 hr Appalled 99
Lincoln-Way 210 School Board Election 12 hr Chicka 1
SWAT trucks at Target 16 hr Olga Fokyerself 4
Who will support the candidates that LWATU endo... 17 hr No way 8

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance