Comments
21 - 35 of 35 Comments Last updated Dec 10, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Papa john

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Can't beat the Jewel frozen pizza for $3.75. Shake some ground Italian seasoning on it and don't over cook. Always feel silly paying $20 for a pizza. Pizza Hut and Papa Johns $10 specials can't be beat. Why doesn't Lockport have Dominos and Little C?
Hardliner

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Papa john wrote:
Can't beat the Jewel frozen pizza for $3.75. Shake some ground Italian seasoning on it and don't over cook. Always feel silly paying $20 for a pizza. Pizza Hut and Papa Johns $10 specials can't be beat. Why doesn't Lockport have Dominos and Little C?
No wonder everybody is such a fat slob and in such poor health. How about some fresh fruits, vegatables and lean proteins instead? Domino's, Papa Johns and Pizza Hut to name a few are the reasons my health care costs keep skyrocketing every year. Is there no shame anymore?
voters for Peter

Shorewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Nov 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

God fathers is good
Hmmm

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

voters for Peter wrote:
God fathers is good
Um, no it's not. Their service royally sucks and their pizza was like ketchup on cardboard with rabbit turds.
Parts unkown

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pizza Plus is the best without a doubt. Pizza 4u is the worst.
THE WISEGUY

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Nov 20, 2012
 
Hardliner wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder everybody is such a fat slob and in such poor health. How about some fresh fruits, vegatables and lean proteins instead? Domino's, Papa Johns and Pizza Hut to name a few are the reasons my health care costs keep skyrocketing every year. Is there no shame anymore?
I'm 6'2" and 188 lbs and in perfect health. I eat pizza 3-4 times a week. It's not the pizza. It's how much you eat. Actually, pizza isn't bad for you at all. Just don't devour 1/2 a pie. All things in moderation. by the way, Fat Ricky's or Papa Joe's are the best.
Just wondering

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Dec 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Pizza Plus is the best pizza hands down. Any truth to the rumor that a Buffalo Wild Wings will be opening up in the old Pizza Hut spot? I think that the lot is too small to hold that business.
Up yours tool bag

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

You would know Darren. Surf my but hole.
Up yours tool bag

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

THE WISEGUY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 6'2" and 188 lbs and in perfect health. I eat pizza 3-4 times a week. It's not the pizza. It's how much you eat. Actually, pizza isn't bad for you at all. Just don't devour 1/2 a pie. All things in moderation. by the way, Fat Ricky's or Papa Joe's are the best.
That guy is a total idiot. He thinks he knows everything and is the smartest guy on the planet. If he had half an ounce of brains he would have done some research before moving to Lockport if it is so bad to his tastes. However, before he moved here, he probably spent all of his time complaining on the internet about his previous town. So he is an idiot. He excels at that.
Just Wondering

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The owner of Corwins said that Pizza Hut is not closing. He said that they opened the second location so that the employees could get better parking spots.

He did not sell his script business to Osco, and he promises to double the Christmas bonus that he gives his cashiers every year.

JW

p.s. I'm dating his wife.:)
John Schnatter

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Papa john wrote:
Why doesn't Lockport have Dominos and Little C?
Because they won't set their franchises up to fail before they even open. This town is saturated beyond normal business reason with pizza places and furthermore commercial property rents still do not accurately reflect the supply that is out there. The property owners still think it's 2007. I heard a rumor that the old Pizza Hut location is going to be razed and turned into a mini strip mall. I hope this is a rumor. If true, whomever has the money behind that stunt is an idiot. Let me ask you, would you invest in a strip mall in Lockport IL? A 0.5% Money Market would infinitely be a better investment. Such business geniuses here in Lockport
GDS

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Just wondering wrote:
Any truth to the rumor that a Buffalo Wild Wings will be opening up in the old Pizza Hut spot? I think that the lot is too small to hold that business.
Hi all, I was directed to this site/comment by a resident who was wondering the same thing as this poster. I run a very small blog called Hello Lockport ( http://hellolockport.blogspot.com/ ) and have recently dig some digging into the Buffalo Wild Wings 'rumor'.
While I can't say that BWW is going into the Pizza Hut location I can say that, based on historical information, it's highly unlikely.
Based on BWW Franchise Prospectus and Annual Reports, it would be VERY unlikely they occupy the actual Pizza Hut building. They have a brand and look they do not want to muddle ( especially with the outward appearance of another national restaurant chain). Besides, that building is too small. A typical 'Red Roof'style Pizza Hut store runs 2500 to 4000 sq ft ( per PH Prospectus) and BWW is looking for 5700 upward. It is entirely possible that BWW would knock PH down and build a stand alone store but once again highly unlikely. BWW has exacting standards for store location. They prefer to be in the corner of a strip mall in a highly trafficked corridor with plenty of big box retailing and eateries( once again paraphrasing their requirements per BWW documents). They do have stand alone stores as exceptions but I just do not think that PH location warrants the deviation from their business plan. Sadly, when you're talking about a multimillion dollar restaurant retailing investment, I just don't think the Lockport demographic shows up on the radar AT THIS TIME. I could be wrong ( and wish I was)but if I was a betting man I would say the odds are not favorable.
And to be extra clear , to make an exception to their own tried and true business rules they would need help from the city. Since they are not choosing Lockport, Lockport would have to lure them ( with sugar not vinegar). No monkey business, no coming back multiple times to change plans. No games.It would involve the city conceding some revenue in the beginning I'm sure. Possibly even forking up some cash ( you have to spend money to make money). Buffalo Wild Wings can easily take their ball and go some where else where they are welcomed with open arms that is guaranteed to make money based on their own standards. Let's be brutally honest, not a lot of businesses beating the village hall door down to set up shop in Lockport, especially national restaurant chains.
Once again just my .02 could be way off the mark and would be nice if I was.
Hope this clears things up.
Chumbalone

Hampshire, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GDS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi all, I was directed to this site/comment by a resident who was wondering the same thing as this poster. I run a very small blog called Hello Lockport ( http://hellolockport.blogspot.com/ ) and have recently dig some digging into the Buffalo Wild Wings 'rumor'.
While I can't say that BWW is going into the Pizza Hut location I can say that, based on historical information, it's highly unlikely.
Based on BWW Franchise Prospectus and Annual Reports, it would be VERY unlikely they occupy the actual Pizza Hut building. They have a brand and look they do not want to muddle ( especially with the outward appearance of another national restaurant chain). Besides, that building is too small. A typical 'Red Roof'style Pizza Hut store runs 2500 to 4000 sq ft ( per PH Prospectus) and BWW is looking for 5700 upward. It is entirely possible that BWW would knock PH down and build a stand alone store but once again highly unlikely. BWW has exacting standards for store location. They prefer to be in the corner of a strip mall in a highly trafficked corridor with plenty of big box retailing and eateries( once again paraphrasing their requirements per BWW documents). They do have stand alone stores as exceptions but I just do not think that PH location warrants the deviation from their business plan. Sadly, when you're talking about a multimillion dollar restaurant retailing investment, I just don't think the Lockport demographic shows up on the radar AT THIS TIME. I could be wrong ( and wish I was)but if I was a betting man I would say the odds are not favorable.
And to be extra clear , to make an exception to their own tried and true business rules they would need help from the city. Since they are not choosing Lockport, Lockport would have to lure them ( with sugar not vinegar). No monkey business, no coming back multiple times to change plans. No games.It would involve the city conceding some revenue in the beginning I'm sure. Possibly even forking up some cash ( you have to spend money to make money). Buffalo Wild Wings can easily take their ball and go some where else where they are welcomed with open arms that is guaranteed to make money based on their own standards. Let's be brutally honest, not a lot of businesses beating the village hall door down to set up shop in Lockport, especially national restaurant chains.
Once again just my .02 could be way off the mark and would be nice if I was.
Hope this clears things up.
Thank you ! Quite a concise statement about the business climate in Lockport. Successful businesses..especially those nationally based ...are very careful where they invest their money to be sure they get the maximum ROI they can. Don't think BWW would opt for the Pizza Hut location. If anywhere..it would be the area near the Tollway.. most likely after some big box stores would go in there. For now....who knows !
pizza pizza

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Dec 10, 2012
 
John Schnatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they won't set their franchises up to fail before they even open. This town is saturated beyond normal business reason with pizza places and furthermore commercial property rents still do not accurately reflect the supply that is out there. The property owners still think it's 2007. I heard a rumor that the old Pizza Hut location is going to be razed and turned into a mini strip mall. I hope this is a rumor. If true, whomever has the money behind that stunt is an idiot. Let me ask you, would you invest in a strip mall in Lockport IL? A 0.5% Money Market would infinitely be a better investment. Such business geniuses here in Lockport
I think you are correct. I was told the same thing by an employee of Pizza Hut. The buyer was also planning to purchase Dairy Queen and use both lots for yet another small strip mall. Dairy Queen backed out at the last minute. So who knows now...
Just Wondering

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Maybe Pete C can lie and get in a business at that location?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Joliet Forum right now

Search the Joliet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Lifting America up by raising the wage floor 30 min Patriot 40
Looping Big Money around democracy's neck 38 min Slight Interjection 26
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 44 min Reality 6,020
Jr. Porters Football (Jan '14) 1 hr looking forward 16
teenage sleepovers 2 hr Sox Fan 15
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Terry rigsby 48,917
What is the penalty for having a garage sale wi... (Jul '10) 12 hr junk lover 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Joliet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Joliet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Joliet
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••