Former Chicago Ridge police chief's pay soared under disability deal

Sep 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chicago Sun-Times

Baldermann walked away with disability pay of $129,192 a year - nearly $20,000 more than he made as police chief for the southwest suburb Baldermann, 46, is due to collect more than $2 million in disability pay by the time he turns 60 for the back injury he reported suffering while loading a body into a police van four years ago, After he turns 60, ... (more)

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of252
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
baldergate

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Throw the bums out.
rukdngme

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

This is nothing to be concerned about. Nobody will get thrown out. This is nobody's fault. Everyone tries so hard but it is not easy making decisions in the open. It happens everyplace, with employees gaming the system. It goes on because something slipped through the cracks. Shame on the Sun Times for turning this into a political circus.
HELP

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

rukdngme wrote:
This is nothing to be concerned about. Nobody will get thrown out. This is nobody's fault. Everyone tries so hard but it is not easy making decisions in the open. It happens everyplace, with employees gaming the system. It goes on because something slipped through the cracks. Shame on the Sun Times for turning this into a political circus.
You obviously don't live in NL the only things baldy has done is screw up NL he has done nothing about our property taxes going up, has raised our electricity bills, and our water bill and gas ...and oh boy were getting a PORTILLOS.....BFD...THE GUYS A SCAMMER ALWAYS HAS BEEN...
Dr Jim

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Dam I picked the wrong vocation.
Mitt

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Dr Jim wrote:
Dam I picked the wrong vocation.
UNION ISSUE ! stupid a-holes cut deals that bankrupt themselves....LOL GOOD 4 U TIM take it to the Bank! or strip club!!!
Lawyer Jim

Merrill, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

This guy is a fraud. He can't manage a police dept because of a back injury but can manage a school dist. Almost forgot his back injury doesn't prevent him form being mayor and from running a security firm.

Since: Feb 12

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Wooo, Pig Sooie! Wish I got a 20% pay raise on my last day of work at my previous job!
Louse

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Lawyer Jim wrote:
This guy is a fraud. He can't manage a police dept because of a back injury but can manage a school dist. Almost forgot his back injury doesn't prevent him form being mayor and from running a security firm.
I think this guy should be ashamed of himself. He is Republican and I am sure fiscally conservative except when it comes to his pension.
If New Lenox does not vote this guy out they deserve what they get.
I am beyond flabbergasted by this whole saga.
Mitt

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Lawyer Jim wrote:
jim your a fraud! piecve of S H I T! get a JOB U A HOLE>>>>>> >he is not lifting more than a pencil not hard lifting....my friend iis in a wheel chair he day trades STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES
Discussed

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Mitt wrote:
<quoted text> jim your a fraud! piecve of S H I T! get a JOB U A HOLE>>>>>> >he is not lifting more than a pencil not hard lifting....my friend iis in a wheel chair he day trades STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES
Jim was writing about mayor Bladerman not your friend who is in a wheel . Mayor claimed that he was disabled and could no longer do his job as administrator of Chicago Ridge police dept. Balderman turns around and accepts job as administrator of a school dist. Not to mention the scandalous manipulation of his pre disability salary . This allowed him to earn more on diability than he earn while on the job. This is scandalous and indefensible.
WTF

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

BACK INJURY MY ASS...He sure dosen't look like he has a bad back as he sprint through the neighborhood, plays basketball on his driveway or climbs in and out of his sports car....Where are the insurance investigators when all that is going on....
frustrated taxpayer

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Mitt wrote:
<quoted text> jim your a fraud! piecve of S H I T! get a JOB U A HOLE>>>>>> >he is not lifting more than a pencil not hard lifting....my friend iis in a wheel chair he day trades STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES
Two questions for you Mitt...
The Chief of Police position was an administrative job aka desk job. Why was he picking up a dead body in the first place?
What is the difference between a Chief of Police and School Superintendent when it comes to someone with physical limitations? Neither one requires physical exertion in order to perform the job.
I don't live in Chicago Ridge so this is not going to effect me personally but the integrity of the mayor in the village I live in does.
Shameful

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Tim Baldermann is a complete embarrassment to our town. How much sweat off of our hardworking backs does he need?
Hmmmmm

Evergreen Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Lawyer Jim wrote:
And your point is?
just a local

Western Springs, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Shameful wrote:
Tim Baldermann is a complete embarrassment to our town. How much sweat off of our hardworking backs does he need?
He won't stop nor will Sass till we have them removed out of office. And investigated and charged from the state.
Possum soup UGH

Evergreen Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

The 111th Street Possum wrote:
Wooo, Pig Sooie! Wish I got a 20% pay raise on my last day of work at my previous job!
I thought McDonald's gave you 5 free hamburgers for your buy-out package. Wait, that would be a 24% raise. You claimed disability because the french fries gave you zits. Your just mad cause you couldn't work the microwave for the apple pies!
Fault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Which Trustees voted to give Baldermann and Jack Lind so much of our tax dollars? We little people will never have it as good as the Baldermann/Lind Team.
Rich

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Fault wrote:
Which Trustees voted to give Baldermann and Jack Lind so much of our tax dollars? We little people will never have it as good as the Baldermann/Lind Team.
Good question
Hold On

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

First of all this has nothing to due with any union. He was not in a union, and the pension board is not a union board, police pensions do not go through their union.
Now lets look at the lack of integrity. Who believes that their retirement pay should be higher than their working pay by $20,000 a year. Secondly every officer with any amount of time on knows that pension spiking is illegal. And he know exactly what he was doing with this package. Pension spiking plain and simple. He goes on to say, "if they shouldnt have done it, they shouldnt have done it but they did". So a man who is supposed to be a role model as a police officer and an elected official feels it right to gain from someone elses "mistake". Great tell that to your next boy scout troop that comes through Mayor.
Also who was on that pension board that voted to allow this to happen. Wasnt one of them his deputy police chief (who also got the same sweet deal). And prior to voting on this issue was it publicized made public to the other members of the pension fund for approval.
Also lets look at this quote. he says he offered to "change the way I operate" and stay on as the chief, but was turned down by the pension board. Again the pension board would make no decision as to whether or not he could stay on as chief, that is a decision made by the village government. Does the New Lenox pension board make decisions on the chiefs style of operating? And he could have not applied or pulled back his disability request if he wanted. He was the Chief of Police. If his back was hurting he could be an adminstrator as most Chiefs are. They had patrol officers, Sgts and detectives to do the street level police work.

Bottom line pension spiking is illegal. Also the lack of integrity in doing what is right is glaring through. So much so that he filed a lawsuit to keep getting ill gotten money. At the cost of the taxpayers and fellow police officers whose pension fund he is raiding. Yes sir a real role model for the kids as mayor and a school superintendent. Disgusting.
Fault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

If the Chicago Ridge Mayor and his Trustees had not voted to boost the pay/pension/Vacation payout bonus for Baldermann and Jack Lind we wouldn't be in this mess.

Maybe we would have gotten our Village Rebate.

But now we are paying more of our tax dollars fighting Baldermann in court. Why? because the Mayor and his Trustees are under pressure to get out from under their bad vote.

We Pay the bill and they get the goodies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of252
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joliet Discussions

Search the Joliet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 17 min Investor 5,732
Did there used to be an extremely steep bridge ... (Aug '12) 2 hr Former homer resident 5
Lockport Culver's restaurant 2 hr fed up 24
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr nnamhcsriK elaD yrogerG 48,668
America the Fed Up 5 hr Former Resident 10
That's What Iam Talk'n About 5 hr Former Resident 5
How the Fed Prints Money 5 hr Former Resident 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Joliet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••