Joliet Slammers a bust
Slammers Fan

Des Plaines, IL

#22 Jun 25, 2013
Catch who?
Baseball Fan

United States

#24 Jun 26, 2013
They would have to catch every team in the league. That could be all of US, the rest of the league. In attendance everyone, in the league everyone but Rockford and Windy Cities records.
Baseball Fan

Chicago, IL

#25 Jul 8, 2013
11.5 games behind. Heading in which direction?
Baseball Fan

United States

#26 Jul 24, 2013
Fired the announcer AM.Changed the wrong flat tire in your front office. Get rid of your lame promotion director /asst. GM. That is where your real problem has been.
Baseball Fan

Plainfield, IL

#27 Jul 27, 2013
11 GB and no changer in site!
Baseball Fan

United States

#28 Aug 1, 2013
11.5 games out and still losing. Why not try $ 1 night or fire your asst GM of promotions. Then people would pour into SCF. You will never catch us until she's gone.
Baseball Fan

United States

#29 Aug 9, 2013
Not even $1.00 beers make this front office effort acceptable. Still 11.5 GB and 4 games ahead of the cellar Rockford.
Baseball Fan

United States

#30 Aug 13, 2013
Lakers sweep Slammers and the brooms are now on sale at Windy City. The Slammers are now 14 GB. The front office makes no changes on the field or within as attendance falls faster than the team.
Baseball Fan

United States

#31 Aug 18, 2013
15 game behind with 18 to go. Dog day at SCF in more ways than one.
dog day

United States

#32 Aug 18, 2013
They have lost 15 of their last 21 games. Now 16 games behind and seem not to care I won't come back especially with dogs all over the stands and on the field.
Baseball Fan

United States

#33 Aug 22, 2013
Worlds greatest promotion? Free tickets to game tonight with exchange of any stub ticket. Ok let's CANCEL the game four hours before start . No loss for us lol. TERRIBLE IDEA.
Baseball Fan

United States

#34 Aug 24, 2013
A loss to last place Rockford. Are you kidding us 17.5 games behind.

GDS

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#35 Aug 24, 2013
Baseball Fan wrote:
A loss to last place Rockford. Are you kidding us 17.5 games behind.
Do you REALLY think if they were winning the attendance would be dramatically different on a order of magnitude ? There is some merit in this comment here
Barry Goldwater wrote:
Independent league. No pro affiliations and in the middle of a sewer called Joliet. Recipe for failure.
BUT !!
foulball wrote:
fairly obvious a few here dont understand independant or minor league baseball at all....

joliet has been rated one of the top places to
see baseball by many publications and if u have
ever traveled the circuit you would know this....

it has and will continue to be a place to bring
your kids and family and have a great time.......

we have been going to games in the midwest area
for years and to the joliet jackhammers and slammers since the beginning and it is a great
place to bring your family and friends for the value......
You can't park your car at Wrigley for what you can take a family of four to a Slammers game for !!!

Some come for the well priced experience and could careless about the standings really.

However, I think you're on to something about the Slammers not getting the word out.$2 nights,$1 beers and the pregame buffet are fabulously inexpensive ways to spend your entertainment dollar.

Let's not forget they are vying for attention in a world filled with soooo many choices for spending entertainment time and money
Baseball Fan

United States

#36 Aug 26, 2013
If you build it they will come, It's here
If you win they will come and they are not.
If it's entertaining they will come, it's not.
Perhaps what needs to go lies in the above.

GDS

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#37 Aug 26, 2013
Baseball Fan wrote:
If you build it they will come, It's here
If you win they will come and they are not.
If it's entertaining they will come, it's not.
Perhaps what needs to go lies in the above.
Different strokes for different folks. You're idea of entertaining might differ from others.$1 beers, free parking and watching every 3rd pitch on a nice summer evening after a long week at work works for some. These types of people show up regardless the standings.
Baseball Fan

United States

#38 Aug 26, 2013
GDS wrote:
<quoted text>
Different strokes for different folks. You're idea of entertaining might differ from others.$1 beers, free parking and watching every 3rd pitch on a nice summer evening after a long week at work works for some. These types of people show up regardless the standings.
That is why they will always only draw a few fans who don't care. If that's what they want that's what they get. That won't pay the bills and you have got to be nuts to accept that. The city of champions won't support it .
awesome

Mokena, IL

#39 Aug 26, 2013
We had a great time
Baseball Fan

United States

#40 Aug 27, 2013
awesome wrote:
We had a great time
Sure you did as only 1100+ paid only $2.00 Tuesday night. Tell me that's not pathetic. Now they are only 18.5 games behind. Lucky to get 200 we'd night at full price lol.
Slam bam

Chicago, IL

#41 Aug 27, 2013
Each time I attend a ballgame, I enjoy myself. Would it be more entertaining if the baseball was of a better quality? Sure. The gripe that I had with the last game I saw was that the visiting team, The Greys, were horrible (in comparison to the Slammers). Really bad baseball.

What I would like to see, in addition to better quality ball, would be for them to revisit their between inning entertainment (which hasn't suggificantly changed since the Jackhammers inagural season).

To their credit, they have tried to boost attendence with some different promotional nights. Good for them. If you're not bringing in money at the gate, at least get them in to spend money in the park.

Isn't the first year of the new owners? Perhaps they will evaluate what's working (or not working) during the off-season and make adjustments.

It's not an easy thing to make money in the entertainment industry, particularly when the economy is still suffering. It's obvious that they've cut some corners. The field is not up to snuff. The food up to par since Levy came in to run concessions. I'm hopeful that the team will do some creative brainstorming and put a better product on the field (and in the stands) next season.
peter

Cicero, IL

#42 Aug 28, 2013
Slam bam wrote:
Each time I attend a ballgame, I enjoy myself. Would it be more entertaining if the baseball was of a better quality? Sure. The gripe that I had with the last game I saw was that the visiting team, The Greys, were horrible (in comparison to the Slammers). Really bad baseball.
What I would like to see, in addition to better quality ball, would be for them to revisit their between inning entertainment (which hasn't suggificantly changed since the Jackhammers inagural season).
To their credit, they have tried to boost attendence with some different promotional nights. Good for them. If you're not bringing in money at the gate, at least get them in to spend money in the park.
Isn't the first year of the new owners? Perhaps they will evaluate what's working (or not working) during the off-season and make adjustments.
It's not an easy thing to make money in the entertainment industry, particularly when the economy is still suffering. It's obvious that they've cut some corners. The field is not up to snuff. The food up to par since Levy came in to run concessions. I'm hopeful that the team will do some creative brainstorming and put a better product on the field (and in the stands) next season.
the problem it thats its Joliet, go to a Cougars game instead, its clean and safe I rather drive there than go to a Joliet shit hole..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Coddled 6 min They can do it 1
A Bridge Too Far 8 min Build The Wall 2
Trump Will Win 9 min TRUMP President o... 13
LTHS Baseball 10 min Resident 1
Did you know?? 12 min Thank You 6
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 53 min Halloween 10,496
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 1 hr North parents suck 3,323
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages