The New Village Hall
Moe

United States

#1 Jun 3, 2010
has anyone gone by the new village hall after dark?? the lighting sucks. you have the orange glow of the street lights and then the bright white of the accent lighting on the building. it looks like some type of prison or something. also, just wondering how much the electric bill for that thing will be!! the jets can use that thing for a source of orientation at night.
Across the Way

United States

#2 Jun 3, 2010
Moe wrote:
has anyone gone by the new village hall after dark?? the lighting sucks. you have the orange glow of the street lights and then the bright white of the accent lighting on the building. it looks like some type of prison or something. also, just wondering how much the electric bill for that thing will be!! the jets can use that thing for a source of orientation at night.
First off you are totally clueless. Second you have no idea what you are talking about. Villages don't pay for electricity on their buildings. They get it for free due to the franchise agreements that ComEd is required to negotiate with them.

Since: Dec 09

Romeoville, IL

#3 Jun 3, 2010
Yes it looks awesome at night, dont worry about the electric bill I was told the outside lighting was wired in BEFORE the meter, Romeoville's got the hook up !!
melons

AOL

#4 Jun 3, 2010
I do not think it matters who is footing the electricity bill, it is still a waste of the resource to have all that lighting on all night. My fourth grader recognized that waste a month ago.
u gotta be kiddin me

Wayne, IL

#5 Jun 4, 2010
I agree that we needed to update ourselves...but to what extent? To what cost???? Think that our new village hall is a bit over the top...
Silly

United States

#6 Jun 4, 2010
Across the Way wrote:
<quoted text>
First off you are totally clueless. Second you have no idea what you are talking about. Villages don't pay for electricity on their buildings. They get it for free due to the franchise agreements that ComEd is required to negotiate with them.
Lol...nothing is free.
Moe

United States

#7 Jun 4, 2010
Across the Way wrote:
<quoted text>
clueless or no idea from you don't matter. this building and its lighting is a waste of taxpayer money and it looks like crap. anyone that says that it looks good should get some sleep.

Since: Dec 09

Romeoville, IL

#8 Jun 4, 2010
melons wrote:
I do not think it matters who is footing the electricity bill, it is still a waste of the resource to have all that lighting on all night. My fourth grader recognized that waste a month ago.
Ehh were Americans, we were born to waste. Leaving the lights on has alot to do with liability since its a public building and the police department operates out of there, its a 24/7 facility so those lights will be on. Local parents will have to go there to pick up their delinquent kids and we need to make sure they can find it.
myopinion

Westmont, IL

#9 Jun 5, 2010
Deer Crossing Park is part of the new Village Hall Project and is located directly behind Village Hall to the north. The project is being funded in part through a $400,000 OSLAD Grant from the State of Illinois. The park site will include a playground for all ages with poured-in-place surfacing, swings, a net climber, musical chimes, an amphitheater, trails, and additional landscaping.--this is directly from the village website.im sure just like this project, the village hall received grants and bonds paid for this. going to the board meetings every two weeks give a lot of insights as to what project is funded by what, and you would be surprised how much money the village receives from other sources, not your tax dollars. and agin, look at your tax bill. the only thing that is high on your tax bill is the school district, village taxes went down. start a blog about our taxes going to the school district-and ask them why are they so high for the education our kids get. the village hall was long overdue, rville is getting bigger and if you have ever been in the old village hall-u know why we needed a new one. i myself welcome everything mayor noak and the trustees are doing for this town.it will only benefit us in the future.
Moe

United States

#10 Jun 6, 2010
myopinion wrote:
The project is being funded in part through a $400,000 OSLAD Grant from the State of Illinois. and you would be surprised how much money the village receives from other sources, not your tax dollars..
and who funds illinois??
Restore America

Plainfield, IL

#11 Jun 6, 2010
myopinion wrote:
Deer Crossing Park is part of the new Village Hall Project and is located directly behind Village Hall to the north. The project is being funded in part through a $400,000 OSLAD Grant from the State of Illinois. The park site will include a playground for all ages with poured-in-place surfacing, swings, a net climber, musical chimes, an amphitheater, trails, and additional landscaping.--this is directly from the village website.im sure just like this project, the village hall received grants and bonds paid for this. going to the board meetings every two weeks give a lot of insights as to what project is funded by what, and you would be surprised how much money the village receives from other sources, not your tax dollars. and agin, look at your tax bill. the only thing that is high on your tax bill is the school district, village taxes went down. start a blog about our taxes going to the school district-and ask them why are they so high for the education our kids get. the village hall was long overdue, rville is getting bigger and if you have ever been in the old village hall-u know why we needed a new one. i myself welcome everything mayor noak and the trustees are doing for this town.it will only benefit us in the future.
Let's see how long it goes before it is defaced by the little gangbangers oh wait we don't have them according to the police. While were at it there is no oil leak, no housing bubble bust and a tornado did not rip through Streator last night. Keep your koolaide we know the invasion of roaches requires one big a$$ can of roach killer and someone with balls enough to spray it.
romeoboling

Bolingbrook, IL

#12 Mar 29, 2013
Wait till the monster event center is built. That will be a bigger waste.
get a clue

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 29, 2013
romeoboling wrote:
Wait till the monster event center is built. That will be a bigger waste.
Your really getting desperate now. Bring up topics that are year old.
got a clue

Bolingbrook, IL

#14 Mar 29, 2013
John go to bed. You have a big day tomorrow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ballich triumphed at council meeting (Apr '16) 1 hr Alderman get a life 54
Officials on Topix, Lockport Cesspool... 1 hr Alderman get a life 4
More Freedom Lost! 1 hr Trump Duh 9
Trump Was Right 1 hr Trump Duh 7
STEVE STREIT is who will bring LOCKPORT to succ... 7 hr Pierre Marquette 4
Where are all the Pro-Trump imbeciles? 8 hr WellWellWell 1
Sanc Cities Fall In 8 hr Enlightened 9

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance