"ILLEGAL" Immigrants
Biggest Loser

Madison, WI

#85 Feb 7, 2013
Mr Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegal is something that only partains to real americans. The rest get to do what they want and we make that legal. This system is getting worst every day.
Its sickening. These liberals have no conscience or soul. Anything for a vote! Political gain is their only concern.
Neighbor

Normal, IL

#86 Feb 7, 2013
You know it, I know it, and they know it "Biggest Loser". Yet, those freebie given Libs do know how to buy the souls of the freebie-taking losers that you & I pay for. Once those folks get on the government teat, they tend to stay there demanding more & more.
Professor

United States

#87 Feb 7, 2013
Its a crying shame what these liberals are promoting & doing to this country. Our founding fathers are rolling around in their graves over this lunacy!
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#88 Feb 7, 2013
Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
What benefits have you earned? When is the last time you worked a full time job? If earning your keep was the criteria for citizenship you still wouldn't be a citizen. You should just say thank you to the rest of us who support you. You should say thank you to the illegal immigrant who works so that you don't have to You owe us all. My time to watch TV and eat will come come quite a bit later in life than yours did. Your generation has seen to that!
Pedro, just because you type it, doesn't make it true. You are clearly a disturbed and delusional individual.
John Sanchez

Aurora, IL

#89 Feb 7, 2013
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder, Mr. Sanchez, if it were Canadians sneaking over the border in huge numbers and expecting support, medical care and an education at our expense, would you be so cavalier?
I said that I prefer a country that people try to sneak into. The operative word is "try". The federal government, under President Obama, has increased spending on enforcement along the southern border to $18 billion per year, which is three times as much as what is spent on all other federal law enforcement efforts combined. That, along with a struggling economy that makes jobs scarce (the Republican contribution to the effort), has reduced undocumented immigration to levels that are lower than at any time since the 1960's.

By the way, you make a foolish mistake in drawing the wrong conclusions from seeing my surname. My ancestry and heritage is entirely European with the exception of my great-grandmother who was a full-blooded Cree Indian. Her son did immigrate over the Canadian border from Montreal, and earned his American citizenship by dint of serving in the U.S. Army Signal Corps during WWI where a dose of mustard gas damaged his lungs leading to his early death. He did, however, have a daughter who grew up to become my mother.

Even postulating Canadians "sneaking over the border in huge numbers" is an absurdity that I am still laughing about, but I am grateful for at least one individual Canadian having come to this country.
John Sanchez

Aurora, IL

#90 Feb 7, 2013
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
No Sir, what happened was they forgot to close it.
No system, new or old, will work until the border is closed and states are allowed to enforce the laws.
Please allow me to direct your attention to Article I, Section 8, clause four of the Constitution of the United States, which endows the Congress of the United States with the power: "To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States."

This makes immigration and naturalization the exclusive province of the federal government, and combined with the Supremacy Clause in Article VI, binds the states to accept and enforce, to the degree that they do, federal law.
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#91 Feb 7, 2013
John Sanchez wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that I prefer a country that people try to sneak into. The operative word is "try". The federal government, under President Obama, has increased spending on enforcement along the southern border to $18 billion per year, which is three times as much as what is spent on all other federal law enforcement efforts combined. That, along with a struggling economy that makes jobs scarce (the Republican contribution to the effort), has reduced undocumented immigration to levels that are lower than at any time since the 1960's.
By the way, you make a foolish mistake in drawing the wrong conclusions from seeing my surname. My ancestry and heritage is entirely European with the exception of my great-grandmother who was a full-blooded Cree Indian. Her son did immigrate over the Canadian border from Montreal, and earned his American citizenship by dint of serving in the U.S. Army Signal Corps during WWI where a dose of mustard gas damaged his lungs leading to his early death. He did, however, have a daughter who grew up to become my mother.
Even postulating Canadians "sneaking over the border in huge numbers" is an absurdity that I am still laughing about, but I am grateful for at least one individual Canadian having come to this country.
Congratulations on your legal status. You are not the problem.
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#92 Feb 7, 2013
John Sanchez wrote:
<quoted text>
Please allow me to direct your attention to Article I, Section 8, clause four of the Constitution of the United States, which endows the Congress of the United States with the power: "To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States."
This makes immigration and naturalization the exclusive province of the federal government, and combined with the Supremacy Clause in Article VI, binds the states to accept and enforce, to the degree that they do, federal law.
Your point argues that the federal government has the right to make the naturalization laws. I see nowhere where it says they have the right to ignore it.
Pedro

Frankfort, IL

#93 Feb 8, 2013
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedro, just because you type it, doesn't make it true. You are clearly a disturbed and delusional individual.
How was work today?
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#94 Feb 8, 2013
Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
How was work today?
Actually it was quite nice. A little girl with learning difficulties who I have been working with for several months got her first A ever on a spelling test. She hugged me and said thank you. I am really proud of her but the best part is that she is proud of herself.

Plus nobody coughed, sneezed or puked in front of me today so all in all, it was a pretty good day.

Thanks for asking.
Unincorporated

Frankfort, IL

#95 Feb 8, 2013
Are you a bartender? A topix moderator? Thanks for giving back Appalled. You are a good egg. Iknew that already though. I wonder if anyone is coming by my house later. Or has been lately.
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#98 Feb 12, 2013
Polish wrote:
<quoted text> I am appalled by your statement undocumented, they are Illegal Immigrants if they have no documents of citizenship.
Huh?
Pedro

Frankfort, IL

#99 Feb 12, 2013
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it was quite nice. A little girl with learning difficulties who I have been working with for several months got her first A ever on a spelling test. She hugged me and said thank you. I am really proud of her but the best part is that she is proud of herself.
Plus nobody coughed, sneezed or puked in front of me today so all in all, it was a pretty good day.
Thanks for asking.
That is nice. Let's be real here. It's not a full time job. If someone had puked you would not have cleaned it up. The hard work is always a job for someone else. Have you seen who cleans the school at night?
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#100 Feb 12, 2013
Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
That is nice. Let's be real here. It's not a full time job. If someone had puked you would not have cleaned it up. The hard work is always a job for someone else. Have you seen who cleans the school at night?
Your points are irrelevant as is the rest of your argument. Silly you.
Pedro

Frankfort, IL

#102 Feb 13, 2013
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
Your points are irrelevant as is the rest of your argument. Silly you.
The point is you don't want to work very hard. Unfortunately, there are too many Americans just like you. That's why illegal immigration is not discouraged to the extent you would like it to be. As I've said before you are the problem. You know most the women cleaning the schools at night in both Dist 122 and 210 are not born in this country. They commuted 2000 miles to get a job you couldn't be bothered to do. It's not silly, it's sad.
Now really Pedro

Des Plaines, IL

#103 Feb 13, 2013
Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is you don't want to work very hard. Unfortunately, there are too many Americans just like you. That's why illegal immigration is not discouraged to the extent you would like it to be. As I've said before you are the problem. You know most the women cleaning the schools at night in both Dist 122 and 210 are not born in this country. They commuted 2000 miles to get a job you couldn't be bothered to do. It's not silly, it's sad.
Pedro you are an A$$. You are silly and sad.
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#104 Feb 13, 2013
Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
Not buying it.

I do not know the women and men who clean in Dist 122 and 210 because I do not work for that district which should come as quite a shock to someone who thinks he knows everything there is to know about me. If they are legal then good for them. If they are not, then I have an issue with the employer.

Where I work, the amazing maintenance crew is comprised entirely of hard working Americans, you know, those people you claim do not exist. It might also surprise you to know that early in my life I worked maintenance to make college money. Tough job but I was up to it and it was a stepping stone to a better life.

You seem to think that illegals do the dirty work because no one else will. Maybe they do it because as illegals, it is as far as they can go.

Besides, the entire idea is irrelevant to the economic disaster we face regarding illegal immigration. Your argument is nothing more than a "but, but, but" that has nothing to do with the issue.
taco bender

Mokena, IL

#105 Feb 13, 2013
your a racist appalled. just admit it and move on.
Neighbor

Pontiac, IL

#106 Feb 14, 2013
Operative word is "Illegal". You can put Lip Stick on that Pig, but it's still a Pig! Right?
Pedro

Frankfort, IL

#107 Feb 14, 2013
Now really Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedro you are an A$$. You are silly and sad.
I see the reality of the situation EXACTLY as Appalled's hero Ronald Reagan did when he granted amnesty to illegal aliens. The brown people will rule this country in 40 years. They want it more and will work harder for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LW elections 1 hr New name 33
teenage sleepovers (Jul '14) 1 hr April's Flower 19
Trump's Inaugural Address 1 hr MyPantiesMatchMyBra 23
Roads Skaler 1 hr Oscar Mayer 12
Democrats should push for presidential candidat... 1 hr MyPantiesMatchMyBra 61
Yup Yup Yup 1 hr MyPantiesMatchMyBra 12
manhattan hauntings ? ? ? (Nov '08) 3 hr Collin1 4

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance