"ILLEGAL" Immigrants
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#42 Jan 30, 2013
hold on wrote:
<quoted text>
Well not to nitpick, but you are only partially correct. We have how many agents and spend how much money to catch people crossing the border. And if you are caught in the act, yes you are sent back to try again tomorrow. But once you are here and just hanging out you are free to continue. How many people do you think are stopped for committing minor offenses everyday by illegals. Traffic offenses and what have you. They are taken into custody and sent on their way, because no system is in place to do anything else. Literally thousands per day are arrested every day and released across the country. As I said the system is broken and no fix is in sight, so I have learned to go with the flow. I know it does not sit well with you, but as usual we dont make the big decisions.
What I see is the law being "partially" enforced, not me being partially correct. We have a division of our government to handle this but federal powers have tied their hands.

Schools have the ability to recognize illegals, yet nothing is done. Hospitals have the ability to recognize illegals, yet nothing is done. Social Services have the ability to recognize illegals, yet nothing is done. The DMV has the ability to recognize illegals, not only is nothing done but Illinois assists them in their illegal status.

If we took just a portion of what it cost to support these people and put it towards enforcement, we would still be way ahead.

Your hands are tied and your job is at stake so you have to go with the flow. I'll just continue to open my big mouth and see if I can get you some help. LOL.
Neighbor

Bloomington, IL

#43 Jan 30, 2013
Bottom line Appalled? Its up to you & me to enforce the law & the ethics behind this. No one else n th federal government will. If you & I can't, then no one can.
Pedro

Frankfort, IL

#44 Jan 30, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
Bottom line Appalled? Its up to you & me to enforce the law & the ethics behind this. No one else n th federal government will. If you & I can't, then no one can.
The real bottom line is that neither you or Appalled are going to get of your butts and get a job any time soon. You could each pull a shift at one of several local restaurants in town and put an illegal immigrant out of work. We all know that's never going to happen. Your old and fat and lazy. The illegal immigrants are here because they work. They work harder for less money and quite frankly contribute more than you two whiners. There is work to be done and you won't do it. We need more illegal immigrants.
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#45 Jan 30, 2013
Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
The real bottom line is that neither you or Appalled are going to get of your butts and get a job any time soon. You could each pull a shift at one of several local restaurants in town and put an illegal immigrant out of work. We all know that's never going to happen. Your old and fat and lazy. The illegal immigrants are here because they work. They work harder for less money and quite frankly contribute more than you two whiners. There is work to be done and you won't do it. We need more illegal immigrants.
I've paid my dues and I did it legally every step of the way. There are many Americans out of work right now who would gladly take the opportunity that you just offered me.

I have no problem with people who work hard (like I did) or even people who work for less money. It's the criminal part that I have an issue with and that is the part you are ignoring while you so rudely assume things about me that are not true.
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#46 Jan 30, 2013
Furthermore, Pedro, it is not the hardworking illegal immigrants who work for less that are the problem. It is the supplemental support that is given to them medically, educationally and socially that is draining our national resources.

They can work 24/7 and until their fingers bleed but until they stop costing us, most especially the State of Illinois, then your argument is a moot point.
Professor

United States

#47 Jan 31, 2013
Appalled wrote:
Furthermore, Pedro, it is not the hardworking illegal immigrants who work for less that are the problem. It is the supplemental support that is given to them medically, educationally and socially that is draining our national resources.
They can work 24/7 and until their fingers bleed but until they stop costing us, most especially the State of Illinois, then your argument is a moot point.
Way to clear the air! I agree!
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#48 Jan 31, 2013
Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
The real bottom line is that neither you or Appalled are going to get of your butts and get a job any time soon. You could each pull a shift at one of several local restaurants in town and put an illegal immigrant out of work. We all know that's never going to happen. Your old and fat and lazy. The illegal immigrants are here because they work. They work harder for less money and quite frankly contribute more than you two whiners. There is work to be done and you won't do it. We need more illegal immigrants.
Additionally, your argument is an old argument more suited for the time when Americans were working and prosperous. That is no longer the case. About the only thing left of this reality is that the employers who hire illegals for less money need to be nailed and fined to oblivion because while they are getting away with cheap labor, the rest of us are footing the bill for the balance of the illegal's living expenses.
Pedro

Frankfort, IL

#49 Jan 31, 2013
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
I've paid my dues and I did it legally every step of the way. There are many Americans out of work right now who would gladly take the opportunity that you just offered me.
I have no problem with people who work hard (like I did) or even people who work for less money. It's the criminal part that I have an issue with and that is the part you are ignoring while you so rudely assume things about me that are not true.
Nope. Americans won't take those jobs. That's why they are being done by illegal immigrants. It's just one of the many facts you choose to ignore. Here are some more. You don't work hard. That's a problem. You think what you do day to day is hard work. That's another problem. You have no idea how spoiled you are. Each day of your life would be considered a vacation day to an illegal immigrant. Employers need people who actually work hard and not people like you who "think " they work hard. The private sector demands illegal immigrants. They work much harder than you and don't complain because they actually fear being deported. They have to produce or they don't have a job. You live off your husband's income and are more than content to sit back and let him deal with the pressure of providing for the family. Stop pretending illegal immigrants are costing you anything. You don't earn enough on your own to pay income taxes anyway. You and your family cost the rest of us plenty. Think of the money rest of us could save if we could hire illegal immigrants to be teacher's aids and firemen.
Professor

United States

#50 Jan 31, 2013
Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Americans won't take those jobs. That's why they are being done by illegal immigrants. It's just one of the many facts you choose to ignore. Here are some more. You don't work hard. That's a problem. You think what you do day to day is hard work. That's another problem. You have no idea how spoiled you are. Each day of your life would be considered a vacation day to an illegal immigrant. Employers need people who actually work hard and not people like you who "think " they work hard. The private sector demands illegal immigrants. They work much harder than you and don't complain because they actually fear being deported. They have to produce or they don't have a job. You live off your husband's income and are more than content to sit back and let him deal with the pressure of providing for the family. Stop pretending illegal immigrants are costing you anything. You don't earn enough on your own to pay income taxes anyway. You and your family cost the rest of us plenty. Think of the money rest of us could save if we could hire illegal immigrants to be teacher's aids and firemen.
If your such great hard working people, why doesn't your country reflect that? Working hard is not the answer. Working smart is. Just giving you a little advice for the future and some insight why your country is third world and you all come over here.
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#51 Jan 31, 2013
Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Americans won't take those jobs. That's why they are being done by illegal immigrants. It's just one of the many facts you choose to ignore. Here are some more. You don't work hard. That's a problem. You think what you do day to day is hard work. That's another problem. You have no idea how spoiled you are. Each day of your life would be considered a vacation day to an illegal immigrant. Employers need people who actually work hard and not people like you who "think " they work hard. The private sector demands illegal immigrants. They work much harder than you and don't complain because they actually fear being deported. They have to produce or they don't have a job. You live off your husband's income and are more than content to sit back and let him deal with the pressure of providing for the family. Stop pretending illegal immigrants are costing you anything. You don't earn enough on your own to pay income taxes anyway. You and your family cost the rest of us plenty. Think of the money rest of us could save if we could hire illegal immigrants to be teacher's aids and firemen.
You don't have a clue about me or the illegal immigration problem.

This argument is not about how hard an illegal immigrant works or how much sweat you can squeeze out of an illegal immigrant, it is about how much that illegal immigrant costs the American taxpayer. Think about it, your comments really have nothing to do with the issue.

You are just throwing crap out there because you are a familiar troll. I love putting trolls back in their cages. Bring it on.
really not hard workers

Northbrook, IL

#52 Jan 31, 2013
Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Americans won't take those jobs. That's why they are being done by illegal immigrants. It's just one of the many facts you choose to ignore. Here are some more. You don't work hard. That's a problem. You think what you do day to day is hard work. That's another problem. You have no idea how spoiled you are. Each day of your life would be considered a vacation day to an illegal immigrant. Employers need people who actually work hard and not people like you who "think " they work hard. The private sector demands illegal immigrants. They work much harder than you and don't complain because they actually fear being deported. They have to produce or they don't have a job. You live off your husband's income and are more than content to sit back and let him deal with the pressure of providing for the family. Stop pretending illegal immigrants are costing you anything. You don't earn enough on your own to pay income taxes anyway. You and your family cost the rest of us plenty. Think of the money rest of us could save if we could hire illegal immigrants to be teacher's aids and firemen.
How come I often see some pregnant Mexican women with small children in line at the grocery store paying with a LINK card? Where is the hard working husband paying for her and those kids? Why, when I have been in the hospital emergency room do I see that same women with public a aid card. They are hard working at gaming the system.
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#53 Feb 1, 2013
Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Americans won't take those jobs. That's why they are being done by illegal immigrants. It's just one of the many facts you choose to ignore. Here are some more. You don't work hard. That's a problem. You think what you do day to day is hard work. That's another problem. You have no idea how spoiled you are. Each day of your life would be considered a vacation day to an illegal immigrant. Employers need people who actually work hard and not people like you who "think " they work hard. The private sector demands illegal immigrants. They work much harder than you and don't complain because they actually fear being deported. They have to produce or they don't have a job. You live off your husband's income and are more than content to sit back and let him deal with the pressure of providing for the family. Stop pretending illegal immigrants are costing you anything. You don't earn enough on your own to pay income taxes anyway. You and your family cost the rest of us plenty. Think of the money rest of us could save if we could hire illegal immigrants to be teacher's aids and firemen.
Why the personal attack? Do you feel it strengthens your weak argument or are you just naturally nasty?
Fireman

Aurora, IL

#55 Feb 1, 2013
Be careful, Pedro, Appalled has two fat-cat pensions the family lives off. I'm betting that if Mexicans did work at this family's house, there's no chance the men would be treated decently, brought a little food or drink or even una cerveza.

People such as Appalled give "our" side of the issue a bad name because they take every fact or debate point and sceram bloody murder that you've made a "perasonal attack" or that you're "naturally nasty".

Not worth your time, hombre. Buenos tardes!
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#56 Feb 1, 2013
Fireman wrote:
Be careful, Pedro, Appalled has two fat-cat pensions the family lives off. I'm betting that if Mexicans did work at this family's house, there's no chance the men would be treated decently, brought a little food or drink or even una cerveza.
People such as Appalled give "our" side of the issue a bad name because they take every fact or debate point and sceram bloody murder that you've made a "perasonal attack" or that you're "naturally nasty".
Not worth your time, hombre. Buenos tardes!
I have "two fat-cat pensions"? That's news to me!

There was no fact or debate point included in the very real personal attack. You give yourself a bad name because you are naturally nasty.
Neighbor

Hanover Park, IL

#57 Feb 1, 2013
You go girl! <lol Those two don't want to understand your point of view. You have expressed it out here many times. I agree with you. Also read today that Feds give all incomers a welcome information pack, and Obama had them add "How to Get Aid Programs & Obamacare instructions". Sweet huh?
Note the one guys IP Des Plaines? Remember what I told you about his "name changes"? <lol I think he works at McDonalds and comes here to argue period.
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#58 Feb 1, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
You go girl! <lol Those two don't want to understand your point of view. You have expressed it out here many times. I agree with you. Also read today that Feds give all incomers a welcome information pack, and Obama had them add "How to Get Aid Programs & Obamacare instructions". Sweet huh?
Note the one guys IP Des Plaines? Remember what I told you about his "name changes"? <lol I think he works at McDonalds and comes here to argue period.
A while back I picked up a really nasty internet troll who periodically comes out of hiding. He likes to stir the pot by making up very imaginative scenerios about me. Doesn't bother me a bit. I love the challenge of putting him back in his cage.

Watch this. Next he is going to get very vulgar and profane. Here fishy, fishy.
indy

Jacksonville, FL

#59 Feb 2, 2013
USA wrote:
<quoted text>
How about coming here legally? Is that too hard to ask? The only good thing about the economy being in the dumps is most of the Mexicans around here have stayed in Mexico the last four years.
my gal is an immigrant, im so sick of the left calling ilegals "immigrants" alot of my lib pals think she is an illegal, when she is in fact, an actual immigrant...message to the left real actual immigrants arent illegal ..... those who come here illegally are illegals, just like if i snuck into another country, id be an illegal.... why cant those on the left figure this simple thing out?.... one solution is, let those americans who accept illegals, trade their citizenship to an illegal, thatll help them have a better life u want them to have...but without voting for 20 yrs....adios
Pedro

Frankfort, IL

#60 Feb 2, 2013
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the personal attack? Do you feel it strengthens your weak argument or are you just naturally nasty?
There is nothing weak about my argument. It's not even an argument. Facts or facts. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them any less factual. You don't work....much. There are illegal immigrants working here in New Lenox every day. You and Neighbor could take those jobs. You two would rather do nothing. Oh sure you volunteer here an there. Good for you. Labor is the engine that keeps this country going. Illegal immigrants provide it; you don't. Like it or not illegal immigrants are here to stay. You and illegal immigrants both cost the tax payers plenty. At least with the illegal immigrant some work gets done. Truth can be nasty.
Pedro

Frankfort, IL

#61 Feb 2, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
You go girl! <lol Those two don't want to understand your point of view. You have expressed it out here many times. I agree with you. Also read today that Feds give all incomers a welcome information pack, and Obama had them add "How to Get Aid Programs & Obamacare instructions". Sweet huh?
Note the one guys IP Des Plaines? Remember what I told you about his "name changes"? <lol I think he works at McDonalds and comes here to argue period.
At least he/she works unlike you. Ronald Reagan loved illegal immigrants. He gave them amnesty. You and Appalled want to stop illegal immigration and help the economy? You both can get jobs and stop collecting checks. Get out there and show these illegals some of that good old American work ethic.
Pedro

Frankfort, IL

#62 Feb 2, 2013
really not hard workers wrote:
<quoted text>
How come I often see some pregnant Mexican women with small children in line at the grocery store paying with a LINK card? Where is the hard working husband paying for her and those kids? Why, when I have been in the hospital emergency room do I see that same women with public a aid card. They are hard working at gaming the system.
I've seen plenty of link cards used in New Lenox by folks who aren't brown skinned. Why are you following pregnant Mexican women around anyway. The pregnant Mexican woman's husband is not with her because he is working two or three low paying jobs. He doesn't have the free time you do. You should get a job instead of following women around all day. What the hell is wrong with you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Here's the best thing Bernie Sanders has done..... 3 min THX 1138 23
Trump Leads Clinton 28 min President Trump 2
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 28 min Timing is everything 10,438
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! 29 min Broke in NL 2,630
Local Politics Do you approve of Ray Soliman as Mayor? (Jan '15) 5 hr Tuff all over 44
Anthony's pancake house 6 hr Duke 7
Balderman vs United Union Parents 7 hr Shantel 50
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages