Let me think... hmmmmm.... Oh ok I am going to vote for the one that is not going to read a bill before he or she signs it. I think that person would be the smartest person to vote for. Wait a second hold up there. Oblahblah asked his kid what he should do about gay marriage... let me ask my kid who I should vote for. My daughter says to vote for the person that will not read the bill, any bill, before voting yes for it. That settles it then. I told my daughter she is as smart as everyone else is in Illinois.
You're daughter probably is if she's a Democrat.
Can you tell us which of these republican conservative policies have worked?
- Deregulating the banking industry via the Gramm/Leach/Bliley Act.
- The CFMA 2000 that prevented the govt from exerting ANY oversight on derivatives markets.
- America's Home Ownership Challenge/American Dream Downpayment Act where Dubya aggressively pushed the private lending industry to make over 1.1 trillion in low income and minority loans and to "create more creative" loan products to do it.
- Dubya's TARP that extended into Obama's first fiscal year in office.
- The UNfunded war in Afghanistan to go after Ronnie's "Freedom Fighters".
- The UNfunded war in Iraq that Obama ended.
- Drafting 3,000 Natl Guardsmen off to fight in those wars so they couldn't help during Katrina when they were needed HERE.
- The underfunded NCLB that 44 states have opted out of (so far).
- Dubya's medicare Part D fiasco that only narrowly passed because the cost of the plan was (admittedly) hidden from those that voted for it by Medicare administrator Thomas Scully.
- The corporate welfare (bribes) for Big Oil to keep gas prices down.
- Repeated tax cuts for the rich to "create jobs" that have ended up in China and India with factories paid for by those tax cuts. Republicans insisted that corporations: 1) be paid in advance 2) to do something they never did, and 3) be allowed to keep the money instead of return it, so that 4) now the NOT RICH taxpayers have to account for the money by 5) paying it back with cuts to services (thus essentially get screwed TWICE)... because those tax cuts they insisted on 5) screwed up the deficit.
Can you tell us which of these worked exactly?
And I only ask because well, WE'RE STILL PAYING FOR THEM!
Where's the national debt at as a result of all of those?
What's the unemployment rate?
Where's the price of gas at?
Maybe this is all just a "mental recession" and you're part of a "nation of whiners" like Phil Gramm said? Is that it? You're just a conservative crybaby who talks "personal responsibility" and then blames everybody else but himself?
Maybe Faux News won't tell you this but I will: These weren't "liberal policies" - they were Neocon/Republican/Conservative chest-thumping policies!
So again, could you tell us which of these 11 GOP-championed policies worked?
I have a feeling we'll all be waiting for an answer that never comes on this one!