Man Pepper-Sprayed After Punching Cop...

Man Pepper-Sprayed After Punching Cop in the Face: Police

There are 5 comments on the Patch.com story from Dec 30, 2013, titled Man Pepper-Sprayed After Punching Cop in the Face: Police. In it, Patch.com reports that:

A passenger in a vehicle couldn't keep his mouth shut during a traffic stop - and it helped land him in jail, according to police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

The Original Dollar Bill

New Lenox, IL

#1 Dec 30, 2013
I tired of these brats who have such disrespect for Police. I can only hope if he's found guilty a Judge will semtance him to max allowed.
Unincorporated

New Lenox, IL

#2 Dec 30, 2013
David Garcia, 22, of 2601 Joe Alder Dr. in unincorporated Plainfield, is charged with two counts of aggravated battery and resisting a police officer, according to Will County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Kathy Hoffmeyer.

Garcia was in the backseat of a car when the driver allegedly ran a red light at Jefferson Street and Route 59 in Shorewood at around 2:50 a.m. Saturday, Hoffmeyer said.

Sheriff's deputies made a traffic stop on the vehicle, and spoke with the driver and front-seat passenger, police said.

Although the driver was cooperative, Garcia allegedly began yelling at police from the backseat, prompting deputies to ask him to step out of the vehicle, Hoffmeyer said.

After Garcia repeatedly refused to get out of the car, deputies began to forcibly remove him from the vehicle at which point, Garcia allegedly punched a deputy in the face, Hoffmeyer said.

Police said Garcia also appeared to be reaching for something in the backseat. Deputies found a box cutter where he had been sitting, Hoffmeyer said.

After Garcia hit the officer, he was pepper-sprayed but continued to resist, Hoffmeyer said. Officers were eventually able to subdue him, she said.

Hoffmeyer said the deputy who was punched was treated and released from Silver Cross Hospital. Despite sporting a swollen eye in his booking photo, Garcia was not taken to the hospital, according to police.

The driver of the car was cited for disregarding a traffic-control device, Hoffmeyer said.

According to jail records, in addition to aggravated battery of an officer and resisting an officer, Garcia was also charged with obstruction of justice and battery.

Bond information for Garcia was not immediately available Monday. He remained in custody at the Will County jail.

Take a look at his booking photo. Is he Irish? Is he Italian? Is he french, English, American? No, no, no, and. no. Wetback. Probably as illegal as all the rest in Joliet. Appalled, get on this! At least he's in the joint taking it up the pooper for a couple of days.

Check the link for his pic.
http://plainfield.patch.com/groups/police-and...
Briskman and Briskman

Manhattan, IL

#3 Dec 31, 2013
The first problem here is the police officer had no authority to tell Garcia to exit the vehicle. He would have been issued a citation for ???
He was on private property(automobile) and although he was probably intoxicated the officers should have dealt with the driver actions ,ignored the blabbering punk and went about their nights . Policy enforcers !
Neighbor

Streator, IL

#4 Dec 31, 2013
Manhattan? Surely you jest? Cops have ego's that are huge.(I think it's a requirement? <lol). No way they could resist calling the loud mouth out. Well, that 22 year old will be in for an education now. UNI called it right.
koolaid

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 2, 2014
Briskman and Briskman wrote:
The first problem here is the police officer had no authority to tell Garcia to exit the vehicle. He would have been issued a citation for ???
He was on private property(automobile) and although he was probably intoxicated the officers should have dealt with the driver actions ,ignored the blabbering punk and went about their nights . Policy enforcers !
Courts have ruled cops can order any occupant out of the vehicle during a traffic stop. Although I do agree the cops should have just ignored him, but hey neither you nor I were there.

BUT then he was reaching for something and they found a knife. It's real easy to judge someone when you were not there. I bet you yell at the tv during Sunday football calling the pro athletes stupid while stuffing your face with pizza and guzzling down beer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Music awards show-fat women 6 min Appalled 4
still? 25 min Appalled 45
Mr Sulu vs Roy Moore 25 min Dennyk 77
Swing and a miss HRC! 32 min Classico 1
You can not out-run your sins! 12 hr LMAO 17
CBS2 takes down Tessone Motors 12 hr U a clueless mofo 10
Why I hate Democrats 21 hr Thats Nothing 3

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance