Which welfare is worse?

Which welfare is worse?

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Astronaut yellowhammer

Palos Hills, IL

#1 Nov 6, 2013
The Welfare Statistics on Statistic Brain says that $131.9 billion dollars are spent each year on welfare recipients.

The Government Accounting Office claims that $180 billion is given to Corporation in tax breaks each year.

The Tea Party nutbags have no problem with welfare to the rich, but anyone else? Cut them off!

I don't agree with free money for those who cheat the system, but no Corporation should get a dime, they don't need it!
Unincorporated

New Lenox, IL

#2 Nov 6, 2013
This doesn't even warrant a response. It is too broad and too shallow at the same time. Together the total cost of corporate and social welfare is 1.16% of the Federal budget. Hardly worth getting your panties in a bunch over. 310 billion divided by 2.66 trillion equals 1.16%. Drop it.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#3 Nov 6, 2013
Astronaut yellowhammer wrote:
The Welfare Statistics on Statistic Brain says that $131.9 billion dollars are spent each year on welfare recipients.
The Government Accounting Office claims that $180 billion is given to Corporation in tax breaks each year.
The Tea Party nutbags have no problem with welfare to the rich, but anyone else? Cut them off!
I don't agree with free money for those who cheat the system, but no Corporation should get a dime, they don't need it!
Corporations should just shut down and let the government support all the deadbeats and numb skulls! You would starve to death Hammer Head! Hehehe!
Astronaut yellowhammer

Palos Hills, IL

#4 Nov 7, 2013
There's the proof that both these maroons are republican corporate hand puppets whose only concern is the wealth of rich. They could care less about the "commoners".
Professor

Mokena, IL

#6 Nov 7, 2013
Astronaut yellowhammer wrote:
There's the proof that both these maroons are republican corporate hand puppets whose only concern is the wealth of rich. They could care less about the "commoners".
We care about the country and the future for the Freedom Loving productive Americans. The country would not exist if everyone was a deadbeat & a taker!

If you think the Democrats care about you, your more stupid than I suspected!
false

Ashburn, VA

#7 Nov 8, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
We care about the country and the future for the Freedom Loving productive Americans. The country would not exist if everyone was a deadbeat & a taker!
If you think the Democrats care about you, your more stupid than I suspected!
nothing about this country is free. You are the brainwashed indivdual. Your brainwashing is so complete, you can't even hold a reasonable debate. There is no reason oil companies who post hundreds of billions in PROFITS need tax breaks. Also corporations like Walmart, 5 of the ten richest people are Waltons, do we need to give them even more. One day the masses will finally get off their sheeple a$$e$, and things will change. Hopefully sooner than later. Until then enjoy your delusional existence, you right wingers all have Stockholm syndrome.....
One more thing, before you spout more obamabot nonsense, im not a democrat, nor did i vote for obama.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#8 Nov 8, 2013
Don't forget the guaranteed profits that government contracts provide. GE,Boeing,General Dynamics,Halliburton, whatever....that is your true welfare. They use the same lies on foreign aid showing low numbers when much of it gets distributed through the military budget as even more corporate giveaways. If it involves government somebody private gets the deal. Rahm Emanuel made his millions on a $150,000 a year govt post. Put that little dual citizen in a cell with Madoff and JJJ.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#9 Nov 8, 2013
false wrote:
<quoted text>nothing about this country is free. You are the brainwashed indivdual. Your brainwashing is so complete, you can't even hold a reasonable debate. There is no reason oil companies who post hundreds of billions in PROFITS need tax breaks. Also corporations like Walmart, 5 of the ten richest people are Waltons, do we need to give them even more. One day the masses will finally get off their sheeple a$$e$, and things will change. Hopefully sooner than later. Until then enjoy your delusional existence, you right wingers all have Stockholm syndrome.....
One more thing, before you spout more obamabot nonsense, im not a democrat, nor did i vote for obama.
The corporations are the job creators. The investors in America. You can be as jealous & envious as you want too. Without them America Collapses. That's the great thing about this county. You can take the risk to become whatever you want to be. Those that did and succeeded should be praised. Not envied and attacked. You have to remember one thing. Your not entitled to anyone else's wealth or success. You had the same opportunity !
Professor

Mokena, IL

#10 Nov 8, 2013
One more thing ! What about the record profits Government Motors is making ? Where is the Progressive Marxist outrage about that ? Are they not considered gouging the public on outrageous automobile prices ? How dare they make a profit ? Oh wait the government owns them ........profit is okay then ! What a bunch of ignorant boneheads you progressive Marxists are < :)
you assume too much

Ashburn, VA

#12 Nov 8, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
The corporations are the job creators. The investors in America. You can be as jealous & envious as you want too. Without them America Collapses. That's the great thing about this county. You can take the risk to become whatever you want to be. Those that did and succeeded should be praised. Not envied and attacked. You have to remember one thing. Your not entitled to anyone else's wealth or success. You had the same opportunity !
I do not want anyones money or success. What I want is corporations to pay their fair share. Not get money for free, on top of the profits they make at MY expense. Why is it ok for corporations to steal from the poor and middle class? Because they create low paying jobs, where the employees health and welfare are subsidized through tax dollars? You dont realize that you make no sense, so I will sign off.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#13 Nov 8, 2013
you assume too much wrote:
<quoted text>I do not want anyones money or success. What I want is corporations to pay their fair share. Not get money for free, on top of the profits they make at MY expense. Why is it ok for corporations to steal from the poor and middle class? Because they create low paying jobs, where the employees health and welfare are subsidized through tax dollars? You dont realize that you make no sense, so I will sign off.
I want the lazy unproductive deadbeats to get a job and contribute to society and quit stealing from me!

How can corporations steal from someone that doesn't have anything to steal? You feel people are entitled to others wealth! Your not!

There are no free rides in this world! Get a job or starve!
Unincorporated

Mokena, IL

#14 Nov 8, 2013
Astronaut yellowhammer wrote:
There's the proof that both these maroons are republican corporate hand puppets whose only concern is the wealth of rich. They could care less about the "commoners".
I would consider myself a commoner. Ask Four More what I am, he knows where I live and has seen my house. The corporations get tax breaks because the congresscreeps that once wrote the laws now work for them as lobbyists. That's why they get the tax breaks. They work hand in glove with their former colleagues. Follow the money! You will find your answer to almost every question.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#15 Nov 9, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
The corporations are the job creators. The investors in America. You can be as jealous & envious as you want too. Without them America Collapses. That's the great thing about this county. You can take the risk to become whatever you want to be. Those that did and succeeded should be praised. Not envied and attacked. You have to remember one thing. Your not entitled to anyone else's wealth or success. You had the same opportunity !
That is fine when there is real risk and the worshipped "Job Creators" didn't game the system by hijacking a government contract (big Pharm) or take bailouts to stay on business when they should have failed.(Chrysler and GM) Taking deals is how your Congressmen and Senators become millionaires while making far less serving us. Capitalism in America is not the romantic even playing field you admire.You can't blame the big boys...why take risk if you can game the system.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#16 Nov 9, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>That is fine when there is real risk and the worshipped "Job Creators" didn't game the system by hijacking a government contract (big Pharm) or take bailouts to stay on business when they should have failed.(Chrysler and GM) Taking deals is how your Congressmen and Senators become millionaires while making far less serving us. Capitalism in America is not the romantic even playing field you admire.You can't blame the big boys...why take risk if you can game the system.
Nothing will ever be completely fair. When you compare all economic systems in the world, Free Market Capitalism creates the greatest wealth and lifestyles for more citizens than any other system combined! We should be Proud of American Exceptionalism! It's a shame that Obama & his allies disgrace and discredit the greatest nation to ever exist in the world! The feet of the world wanting in is the best evidence of this!
Feed the Rich

Woodridge, IL

#17 Nov 11, 2013
Your tax dollars at work.

When most people think about farm subsidies, chances are they do not immediately think "massive taxpayer money boondoggle that should be cut from the federal budget immediately." They've probably heard about how hard it is out there for small family farmers, doing honest work in the world, keeping everyone fed and maintaining our institutional repository of agricultural practices. Surely, these subsidies are helping to keep an important way of life alive for the True Sons of Soil and Toil ... like, say, multi-billionaire Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen.

Wait. What? He's a farmer?

Ha ha, yes. As it turns out, your taxpayer dollars "subsidize" the "farming" that's being done by a host of mega-rich superstars from the Forbes 400 list, none of whom you'd immediately associate with the sort of hardscrabble agri-artisan who's in need of a leg up from the federal government. But their numbers are legion. According to the Environmental Working Group, "at least 50 billionaires or farm businesses in which they had a financial interest benefited from $11.3 million in traditional farm subsidies between 1995 and 2012." And the farm bill currently being considered contains changes that will likely increase the subsidies these billionaires take away.

It would also affect several members of Congress. As we reported back in June, there's a $237,921 kitty of farm subsidies currently going to fifteen lawmakers or their spouses. That includes people like Reps. Stephen Fincher (R-Tenn.) and Doug LaMalfa (R-Calif.), who are apparently budding ironists in the world of government handouts:

Reps. Stephen Fincher (R-Tenn.) and Doug LaMalfa (R-Calif.) both cited the Bible last week to argue that while individual Christians have a responsibility to feed the poor, the federal government does not.
"We're all here on this committee making decisions about other people's money," Fincher said.

LaMalfa said that while it's nice for politicians to boast about how they've helped their constituents, "That's all someone else's money."

Yet both men's farms have received millions in federal assistance, according to the Environmental Working Group, a nonprofit that advocates for more conservation and fewer subsidies. LaMalfa's family rice farm has received more than $5 million in commodity subsidies since 1995, according to the group's analysis of data from the U.S. Agriculture Department, while Fincher's farm has received more than $3 million since then.

Last year alone, Fincher's farm received $70,574 and LaMalfa's got $188,570.

It's probably pretty embarrassing for those guys to be subjected to stories that point out what staggering hypocritical bastards they are, so Congress is trying to change the law to make things a lot less transparent. HuffPost
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#18 Nov 12, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing will ever be completely fair. When you compare all economic systems in the world, Free Market Capitalism creates the greatest wealth and lifestyles for more citizens than any other system combined! We should be Proud of American Exceptionalism! It's a shame that Obama & his allies disgrace and discredit the greatest nation to ever exist in the world! The feet of the world wanting in is the best evidence of this!
If you are going to stay stuck to that narrow view you are never going to fully understand how much you get taken. Once again, if you are just going to play party politics you will just get another Idiot in the White House. Don't be lazy and blame symptoms of a money first system . You are smarter than that.
Astronaut Yellowhammer

Palos Hills, IL

#19 Nov 13, 2013
Unincorporated wrote:
<quoted text>
I would consider myself a commoner. Ask Four More what I am, he knows where I live and has seen my house. The corporations get tax breaks because the congresscreeps that once wrote the laws now work for them as lobbyists. That's why they get the tax breaks. They work hand in glove with their former colleagues. Follow the money! You will find your answer to almost every question.
This is true, but it needs to stop. This would go along way to paying our debts!
Astronaut Yellowhammer

New Lenox, IL

#20 Nov 18, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I want the lazy unproductive deadbeats to get a job and contribute to society and quit stealing from me!
How can corporations steal from someone that doesn't have anything to steal? You feel people are entitled to others wealth! Your not!
There are no free rides in this world! Get a job or starve!
I agree no free rides for corporations. 1 in 4 do not pay any taxes! This has to stop!
Unincorporated

New Lenox, IL

#21 Nov 18, 2013
1 in 2 Americans don't pay taxes. This has to stop!
yup

Wheaton, IL

#22 Nov 18, 2013
Unincorporated wrote:
1 in 2 Americans don't pay taxes. This has to stop!
I agree, make those rich [email protected] pay!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
breaking news!!!!! 14 min Robert Thomas 625
another one bites the dust in Lockport 25 min Richard Simmons 7
LW West closing 35 min Mattress store kings 94
New grocery store 1 hr Jimmy 4
New Lenox treats veterans like crap, I guess... 2 hr Appalled 35
Giant P.'s O.S. ....Tom Price, Steve muenchen, ... 10 hr MPMMB 1
Menards /SAMs clud (Sep '14) 12 hr Jimmy 17

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages