water

Homer Glen, IL

#1 Feb 2, 2013
got water bill today. out fu##ing standing. 67 dollars for two people, and we have not drank the s#it for 20 years. how much more is it going up?
CMON

Chicago, IL

#2 Feb 2, 2013
water wrote:
got water bill today. out fu##ing standing. 67 dollars for two people, and we have not drank the s#it for 20 years. how much more is it going up?
Are you REALLY complaining about a $67 water bill. Do you wash your clothes, shower, do dishes, flush your toilet, brush your teeth, shave ect.... you are a joke.
Lockport Proud

Lockport, IL

#3 Feb 2, 2013
It is expensive, but also note that your water bill cotains charges for water, sewer and trash services. The amount you pay for the actual water usage is probably pretty reasonable (much lower than some communties in our area).

My bigger issue is that you can't even drink your water. The rates were raised to improve the quality and safety (water quality and availability for the Fire depts), but no improvementsare being made due to bickering on the council. So we're supposedly paying for the necessary improvements, but not getting them because of childish behavior by our elected officials.
water

Homer Glen, IL

#4 Feb 2, 2013
CMON wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you REALLY complaining about a $67 water bill. Do you wash your clothes, shower, do dishes, flush your toilet, brush your teeth, shave ect.... you are a joke.
dam right i am complaining! and your a co#k suc#er
Kaitlyn

Lockport, IL

#5 Feb 2, 2013
Got our water bill today for two people: It is as follows: Water 18.09 Sewer 22.66 GARBAGE 18.37 amd a Sewer Sur of 7.00 It is very reasonable for the water for the dishwasher, clothes washing, toilet flushing, brushing your teeth, showering, etc. It is the Sewer charge that might be a tad bit of line but overall I am quite satisfied. Go to other towns, like Homer, and it is much higher. I think lockport Kelly is starting again with saving us a McDonald hamburger and fries and drink TALK. GIVE US A BREAK WILL YOU, DUMMIE! NO ONE CARES TO SAVE A FEW DOLLARS WHEN YOU HAVE SPENT A MILLION DOLLARS PLUS ON YOUR FRIENDS!!!! THAT CAME OUT OF OUR POCKET.
PETE

Lockport, IL

#6 Feb 2, 2013
Lockport Proud wrote:
It is expensive, but also note that your water bill cotains charges for water, sewer and trash services. The amount you pay for the actual water usage is probably pretty reasonable (much lower than some communties in our area).
My bigger issue is that you can't even drink your water. The rates were raised to improve the quality and safety (water quality and availability for the Fire depts), but no improvementsare being made due to bickering on the council. So we're supposedly paying for the necessary improvements, but not getting them because of childish behavior by our elected officials.
What do THE POSTERS want the water free of charge? The bickering slate of people would not give you the truth if your life depended on it. They only want to control and send this town into further un improvements with no ABSOLUTELY NONE IMPROVEMENTS OR ACCOMPLISHMENTS.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7 Feb 2, 2013
water wrote:
<quoted text> dam right i am complaining! and your a co#k suc#er
Another Turner or lapdog commenting.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 2, 2013
water wrote:
Well you need to come to the meetings and ask Turner and lapdogs why they haven't fixed anything with all that money they have collected so far. Remember they throw around the 2-3 million extra per year now with these higher rates, and have done nothing except have Robinson do studies, and pay Odleson to make sure the studies are legal. Have we fixed any new projects yet? NO NO NO. All the projects you see going on, were already in the works prior to this bunch of misfits taking control of council. Yes 2 yrs of doing nothing, hope your proud of the way you voted. Now go back to your life and complain some more on how you cant drink the water and it is Petes fault, the Mayor's fault etc, and your rates are to high.
Water Bills

Melrose Park, IL

#9 Feb 2, 2013
Turner says he can cut my water bill and I'm voting for him. The EPA has agreed with what they have been doing and if they didn't the city would get fined.

Trivedi, Colarelli, Smith and Peretta have kept the water bill going up because they won't admit they made a mistake, a 29 million dollar mistake.

Turner has tried to cut the water bill at the city council and they couldn't override Trivedi's veto.

I'm tired of lying politicians who just want to spend my money. Trivedi lost his majority because of water bills, taxes and stoplight cameras. It's time to finish the job, Turner has my vote. I know where he stands. I have no idea where Colarelli's puppet, Streit, stands.

Turner isn't perfect, but he won't cost me more money and he will probably save me money.
Lockport Proud

Lockport, IL

#10 Feb 2, 2013
Water Bills wrote:
Turner says he can cut my water bill and I'm voting for him. The EPA has agreed with what they have been doing and if they didn't the city would get fined.
This is mostly true. The plan the EPA actually with the plan to remediate wells 5 & 8. Turner's crew closed these wells. With these wells being offline we are no longer in violation of the EPA standards.

However, our solution was to shut down assets that were worth a lot of money to this city (assets that Robinson designed and said we needed 10 years ago). Now the fire departments have expressed concerns about water pressure (due to water availability and the sze of the mains) in the face of fires, particularly downtown.

Additionally, remediating would have helped with the water quality, instead we paid to shut things down and not improve quality.

You can't say anything about $ saved because Robinson hasn't even said how much their water plan will cost. They are supposed to be presenting at an upcoming meeting, but they've been very coy. Until they present their cost estimate, how can you say they saved money?
CMON

Chicago, IL

#11 Feb 2, 2013
Water Bills wrote:
Trivedi, Colarelli, Smith and Peretta have kept the water bill going up because they won't admit they made a mistake, a 29 million dollar mistake.
Turner has tried to cut the water bill at the city council and they couldn't override Trivedi's veto.
I'm tired of lying politicians who just want to spend my money. Trivedi lost his majority because of water bills, taxes and stoplight cameras. It's time to finish the job, Turner has my vote. I know where he stands. I have no idea where Colarelli's puppet, Streit, stands.
Turner isn't perfect, but he won't cost me more money and he will probably save me money.
The city did get fined. 10k.
CMON

Chicago, IL

#12 Feb 2, 2013
water wrote:
<quoted text> dam right i am complaining! and your a co#k suc#er
You are out of touch with the real world. You should be doing back flips over that small bill.
water

Homer Glen, IL

#13 Feb 2, 2013
Water Bills wrote:
all politicians suck, taxes taxes. raise your rate. more more more! i don't care if i save 15$ a month on a water bill, it comes out of my wallet. gas prices, water bills, food, etc.
Oak Tree

Homer Glen, IL

#14 Feb 2, 2013
Kaitlyn wrote:
Got our water bill today for two people: It is as follows: Water 18.09 Sewer 22.66 GARBAGE 18.37 amd a Sewer Sur of 7.00 It is very reasonable for the water for the dishwasher, clothes washing, toilet flushing, brushing your teeth, showering, etc. It is the Sewer charge that might be a tad bit of line but overall I am quite satisfied. Go to other towns, like Homer, and it is much higher. I think lockport Kelly is starting again with saving us a McDonald hamburger and fries and drink TALK. GIVE US A BREAK WILL YOU, DUMMIE! NO ONE CARES TO SAVE A FEW DOLLARS WHEN YOU HAVE SPENT A MILLION DOLLARS PLUS ON YOUR FRIENDS!!!! THAT CAME OUT OF OUR POCKET.
Agree with you, nobody likes paying for utilities, and the water bill here is really nothing to get worked up about. It's inline with what other communities pay for water, and may even be cheaper.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#15 Feb 2, 2013
Still wondering why these improvements were not done over 10 years ago when the economy and housing markets were roaring. Seriously, a 4 inch water main in the downtown area? I realize it's an expensive proposition, the past councils have been kicking this down the road for years. The community I work for is as old as Lockport and somehow managed to replace the vast majority of its 4in mains including everything in the downtown area.
Abc

United States

#16 Feb 2, 2013
EJCDad wrote:
Still wondering why these improvements were not done over 10 years ago when the economy and housing markets were roaring. Seriously, a 4 inch water main in the downtown area? I realize it's an expensive proposition, the past councils have been kicking this down the road for years. The community I work for is as old as Lockport and somehow managed to replace the vast majority of its 4in mains including everything in the downtown area.
THIS!!!! Our politicians have failed us.

I've heard that even Robinson's final proposal will be 12in mains downtown.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 2, 2013
Abc wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS!!!! Our politicians have failed us.
I've heard that even Robinson's final proposal will be 12in mains downtown.
8 inch is the minimum recommendation and the system needs to be looped in the downtown area. With the redevelopment of the Texaco the mains flowing through downtown to that area should be at least 24 inch. I'm sure though Robinson took the static readings at 0200 and in the dead of winter when no one was flowing water.
Colarectum

Lemont, IL

#18 Feb 3, 2013
EJCDad wrote:
The community you work for? What do you do there? Lick the toilet seats in the men',s room?

Location hidden

#19 Feb 3, 2013
Colarectum wrote:
<quoted text>
The community you work for? What do you do there? Lick the toilet seats in the men',s room?
Sniff sniff I've been insulted by a "grown man" Really? if you cannot offer any thing of sustenance then perhaps you should keep your opinions to yourself and let the grown ups handle the serious business of righting this ship before it becomes the Titanic. Grow up.
Lockport Proud

Homer Glen, IL

#20 Feb 3, 2013
Lockport Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
This is mostly true. The plan the EPA actually with the plan to remediate wells 5 & 8. Turner's crew closed these wells. With these wells being offline we are no longer in violation of the EPA standards.
However, our solution was to shut down assets that were worth a lot of money to this city (assets that Robinson designed and said we needed 10 years ago). Now the fire departments have expressed concerns about water pressure (due to water availability and the sze of the mains) in the face of fires, particularly downtown.
Additionally, remediating would have helped with the water quality, instead we paid to shut things down and not improve quality.
You can't say anything about $ saved because Robinson hasn't even said how much their water plan will cost. They are supposed to be presenting at an upcoming meeting, but they've been very coy. Until they present their cost estimate, how can you say they saved money?
They are already surveying for more spots to drill more wells at over 1 million a pop. So why not just fix 5&8

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pizza king sign 3 hr Home Delivery Boy 24
Yet Another Punk Eliminated 3 hr I Love My Wife 27
Sandy Hook was a False Flag Event 3 hr Unincorporated 147
New NLRB Rules 3 hr Jimmy Hoffas Left... 7
Scary Christmas Past 4 hr Unincorporated 14
Ocare Destroying Lives 8 hr Sharky 94
city council candidates 9 hr confused 3
Joliet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web