'Pounding a hammer in your head:' Electric Daisy...

May 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Herald-News

Organizers behind the Electric Daisy Carnival said they'll turn down the volume and set a curfew for firework displays in response to "unexpected noise complaints" from residents neighboring the Chicagoland Speedway and from suburbs as far away as Mokena.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated May 28, 2013
Unincorporated

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 25, 2013
 
My dogs are exhausted. They have humped each other and anything else for that matter until they have now fallen over and are fast asleep. It only took 4 hours! I imagine this is going on at the strip as I write this too. There were no overdoses reported in my house, but we shall see.
These muttonheads have gone too far. Noise like that until 4am? Where is the decency for the common man? These people need to be fined the amount they profit from this show so they don't come back. Joliet managers should be fired. What a bunch of maroons. In the city council and at the drag strip. Ecstasy anyone?
Hey

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 25, 2013
 
NL and surrounding communities need to do something legally to prevent those losers in Joliet from giving out permits until 4 a.m. Joliet was not looking out for their residents or anyone else in Will County. Joliet= dump of the midwest. Any Joliet resident that votes for any incumbant needs to have their heads examined.
Hey

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 25, 2013
 
Damn drug users and their no talent bands.
Good Concert

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I hope they have more of these concerts. Sure beats watching the grass grow :)
Govnuh Quinn

Morris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Lots of money spent by the concert goers. From limos, hotels, food and airfare. I'd say any economic boon is good for everyone in the region. Three nights of music (they call it that and that's cool) put a lot of money in local residents pockets. Maybe not yours but certainly theirs. Would you deny them that opportunity? You must be in a union then.
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 26, 2013
 
Govnuh Quinn wrote:
Lots of money spent by the concert goers. From limos, hotels, food and airfare. I'd say any economic boon is good for everyone in the region. Three nights of music (they call it that and that's cool) put a lot of money in local residents pockets. Maybe not yours but certainly theirs. Would you deny them that opportunity? You must be in a union then.
I doubt that limos, hotels, food or airfare would be effected by a change in the time or noise level of this event.
Thanks

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 26, 2013
 
I personally like their response and the fact that they did turn down the volume. Friday night was horrible, but last night was fine.
URUneducated

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Govnuh Quinn wrote:
...Lots of money spent by the concert goers. From limos, hotels, food and airfare. I'd say any economic boon is good for everyone in the region. Three nights of music (they call it that and that's cool) put a lot of money in local residents pockets....
Limo's, hotels, food? Get real. These misplaced hippies came in a Honda Prelude with back packs and tents. They slept in their cars, ate granola and kale, and defecated on the side of the road. The only people who spent money air fare were the residents scrambling to get out of town away from the noise.
Govnuh Quinn

Morris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Yeah. Ok. And I haven't made $1500.00 driving a clients kids to this show this weekend. Yeah. My kids don't appreciate the food that money puts on the table but I sure do. So go ahead and spout off about that which you know nothing. I hope they do more events and do it louder just to piss you off because you think the world doesn't exist outside of your slice of heaven...that sits next to a speedway. Which I am sure you haven't tried to scam a few bucks off of over race weekend. Scrubs.
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 26, 2013
 
Govnuh Quinn wrote:
Yeah. Ok. And I haven't made $1500.00 driving a clients kids to this show this weekend. Yeah. My kids don't appreciate the food that money puts on the table but I sure do. So go ahead and spout off about that which you know nothing. I hope they do more events and do it louder just to piss you off because you think the world doesn't exist outside of your slice of heaven...that sits next to a speedway. Which I am sure you haven't tried to scam a few bucks off of over race weekend. Scrubs.
I happened to drive passed the track last night just before showtime. I saw all the limos and taxi cabs and thought that some people made good choices if they planned on drinking. And good for you, that your family profited from this week-end. I have no problem with business coming into the area.

Still, though, this does not excuse poor hours and noise level. While it is nice to hear that those in charge responded positively, it still makes you wonder who thought fireworks in the middle of the night and loud music until 4 am would go unnoticed.
gaga fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 26, 2013
 
Unincorporated wrote:
My dogs are exhausted. They have humped each other and anything else for that matter until they have now fallen over and are fast asleep. It only took 4 hours! I imagine this is going on at the strip as I write this too. There were no overdoses reported in my house, but we shall see.
These muttonheads have gone too far. Noise like that until 4am? Where is the decency for the common man? These people need to be fined the amount they profit from this show so they don't come back. Joliet managers should be fired. What a bunch of maroons. In the city council and at the drag strip. Ecstasy anyone?
They are tired from humping you,but that is a regular thing.
Hey

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 26, 2013
 
That's right for any amount of money bring in the drugged out azzhats. Keep the rest of the county up all night. It is NOT music. I hope you all are happy when you have permanent hearing loss and dead brain cells.
Common sense

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 26, 2013
 
Lots of money for Toilet, not New Lenox. If you affect our town you spread the wealth.
plur

Morton Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 26, 2013
 
the concert was a great time! would you better than everyone else yuppies want
some cheese with that wine.
fan

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 26, 2013
 
4am is a little excessive. I enjoyed the show and think maybe in the future they should turn it down at a reasonable hour. My ears are still ringing. I have been to many concerts including Grateful Dead and I have never seen drugs being sold in the open like that. I don't mean pot either. X was everywhere. It was like people were tripping. I chose to attend but can see how the bass and fireworks were just too much. I could totally see people being upset. My dog would have been whimpering all weekend if we lived closer. I salute the people that did not drive themselves. But I am telling you that people were seriously messed up and the parking lot was full of cars. I am against that many people partying all day and night and then getting behind the wheel of a car. Just not right.
Full price tickets

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 27, 2013
 
Govnuh Quinn wrote:
Which I am sure you haven't tried to scam a few bucks off of over race weekend. Scrubs.
I've purchased season tickets every single year and use them. I don't sell them. Some races I can't give them away let alone have a friend or neighbor buy them off me.

If your gonna post something make sure you know what your talking about dikwad.
Nelson

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 27, 2013
 
Full price tickets wrote:
<quoted text>
I've purchased season tickets every single year and use them. I don't sell them. Some races I can't give them away let alone have a friend or neighbor buy them off me.
If your gonna post something make sure you know what your talking about dikwad.
Ha-Ha
Govnuh Quinn

Morris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 28, 2013
 
Full price tickets wrote:
<quoted text>
I've purchased season tickets every single year and use them. I don't sell them. Some races I can't give them away let alone have a friend or neighbor buy them off me.
If your gonna post something make sure you know what your talking about dikwad.
You know...I find Cheerios to be much better when combined with milk instead of piss. I bet you would know much about that though. You seem like that's just the way your mama taught you. No doubt out of spite for you ignorance.
DARREN

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 28, 2013
 
Common sense wrote:
Lots of money for Toilet, not New Lenox. If you affect our town you spread the wealth.
New Lenox is a shit hole

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr The Rogue 49,393
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 4 hr Halloween 6,551
how long till 4 hr Identifier 15
Sunday night 4 hour power outage 4 hr Summit is rough 6
Blackhawk helicopter flying over Plainfield (Jun '08) 5 hr John Caliendo 13
Two Illinois Coal Power Plants Going Offline 12 hr Happy Dad 8
Thorntons on Essington Road and Theodore Tue Wish I was Stevie... 1
•••
•••
•••

Joliet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Joliet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Joliet
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••