'Lockport has so much potential' new ...

'Lockport has so much potential' new Mayor Steve Streit says

There are 14 comments on the The Southtown Star story from May 8, 2013, titled 'Lockport has so much potential' new Mayor Steve Streit says. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

Steve Streit has an easy commute to his new office at Lockport City Hall, but his new tasks as mayor will be more challenging.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

Sigmund Freud

Geneva, IL

#1 May 15, 2013
Just don't talk about it, do something.
Chumbalone

Downers Grove, IL

#2 May 15, 2013
Sigmund Freud wrote:
Just don't talk about it, do something.
Hey...cmon now !! He's got 4 years to do "something". He will tell us all exactly how he will...in his words..."fix the aging infrastructure and bad roads without raising taxes". Ask him exactly how when he leaves one of those "great" gourmet taco restaurants around town. He.....along with the other newbies...NOW HAVE their shot at it. Proving to high end retailers and restaurants that Lockport TRULY has something to offer other than 10 or 20 years of TAX FREE incentives will be a very tough sell. Profits are what drives high end businesses...better known as ROI. If you want them to spend MILLIONS to build facilities...they have to know they will make that money back.....ten fold....or they WILL NOT build here. It's really quite simple. This bunch has 4 years.....they are already behind schedule...and it's now ALL ON THEM !

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3 May 15, 2013
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> Hey...cmon now !! He's got 4 years to do "something". He will tell us all exactly how he will...in his words..."fix the aging infrastructure and bad roads without raising taxes". Ask him exactly how when he leaves one of those "great" gourmet taco restaurants around town. He.....along with the other newbies...NOW HAVE their shot at it. Proving to high end retailers and restaurants that Lockport TRULY has something to offer other than 10 or 20 years of TAX FREE incentives will be a very tough sell. Profits are what drives high end businesses...better known as ROI. If you want them to spend MILLIONS to build facilities...they have to know they will make that money back.....ten fold....or they WILL NOT build here. It's really quite simple. This bunch has 4 years.....they are already behind schedule...and it's now ALL ON THEM !
Hope your coming to the meeting tonight wearing your clock Flavor Flay. WE must give them at least 2 yrs for a reply, since we are waiting on the remaining 2 reply to our questions 2 yrs ago when they were going to fix everything.

Tick...Tick....Tick....Tick... .

I will be looking for your tonight. Make sure so sit up front so all the taxpayers at home will see you with your Flavor FLay clock on.

Location hidden

#4 May 15, 2013
Sorry forgot, there might be a grammar or spelling error as well. Find it and let us know please.

And it's now ALL ON YOU!
Chumbalone

Downers Grove, IL

#5 May 16, 2013
thoughts or ideas wrote:
Sorry forgot, there might be a grammar or spelling error as well. Find it and let us know please.
And it's now ALL ON YOU!
You are a "non-entity" and therefore a "nobody" in my mind. This forum topic is titled "Lockport has so much potential......new Mayor Steve Streit says". My response addressed the topic....not your asinine response. Nothing is "ON ME". This "bunch of newbies" has the floor and the Mayor made his statements "for the record" and now must be held accountable for what he said. Sooooo.....therefore it is...one more time..."ALL ON THEM". By the way...try to mentally absorb that budget !!! Looks like more "potential" will be needed for that one. The CLOCK is ticking !! Deal with it !
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#6 May 16, 2013
Lockport doesn't provide a market for what everyone wants. When Lockports' economic makeup can support fine dining or upper end retail then it will exist. Right now Lockport can support lottery sales and a thirty pack of Busch.

Location hidden

#7 May 16, 2013
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> You are a "non-entity" and therefore a "nobody" in my mind. This forum topic is titled "Lockport has so much potential......new Mayor Steve Streit says". My response addressed the topic....not your asinine response. Nothing is "ON ME". This "bunch of newbies" has the floor and the Mayor made his statements "for the record" and now must be held accountable for what he said. Sooooo.....therefore it is...one more time..."ALL ON THEM". By the way...try to mentally absorb that budget !!! Looks like more "potential" will be needed for that one. The CLOCK is ticking !! Deal with it !
Are we getting under your skin. Are you upset because a new mayor was elected who has a plan and is putting it out there for everyone to hear. ARe you upset because the new mayor at least has a vision for Lockport with all its potential, just like the topic title.

Again to bad you were not around for the last bunch to hold them accountable, like you want to hold this group accountable.

Bottom line, there is potential in Lockport and with the vision of the new Mayor things will begin to happen.

By the way did I miss you last night at the meeting. I will have to watch the tape again to see if you showed up and decided to sit in the back with your FLAVOR FLAY clock on. Or as usual just full of Tick....Tick....Tick.....

sit back and enjoy the progress to come with the new Mayor.

The title is so accurate.
John

Chicago, IL

#8 May 16, 2013
We got to see where Lockport's priorities were when they repeatedly voted down education. Lockport deserves all of its crap liquor stores and tattoo parlors. Congratulations, you're now Burbank.

Location hidden

#9 May 16, 2013
John wrote:
We got to see where Lockport's priorities were when they repeatedly voted down education. Lockport deserves all of its crap liquor stores and tattoo parlors. Congratulations, you're now Burbank.
They never voted down education, they voted down the stupidity that Homer Glen had in thinking a 150million high school was needed. But that's another story.

There is still potential in Lockport, and it won't be liquor stores and tattoo parlors. It also won't be nothing but dollar stores either. Well it might have been had the other group won, we were already going down that road.
Chumbalone

Downers Grove, IL

#10 May 16, 2013
thoughts or ideas wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we getting under your skin. Are you upset because a new mayor was elected who has a plan and is putting it out there for everyone to hear. ARe you upset because the new mayor at least has a vision for Lockport with all its potential, just like the topic title.
Again to bad you were not around for the last bunch to hold them accountable, like you want to hold this group accountable.
Bottom line, there is potential in Lockport and with the vision of the new Mayor things will begin to happen.
By the way did I miss you last night at the meeting. I will have to watch the tape again to see if you showed up and decided to sit in the back with your FLAVOR FLAY clock on. Or as usual just full of Tick....Tick....Tick.....
sit back and enjoy the progress to come with the new Mayor.
The title is so accurate.
Once again...YOU ARE IRRELEVENT. Streit made the statement...I DID NOT. Therefore...HE OWNS IT. Lockport does not have time to SIT BACK and wait. Once and for all...the election is over. No more nonsense from the likes of you or anybody else who make bold statements about potential....fine dining....building a Target and Home Depot..without raising taxes....and more. HE MADE THE STATEMENT....no one else. If it happens...all the better...but until then....I say ...."put your money where your mouth is". I'm not into visions ! Tell us ALL exactly HOW...no visions please. No one gets under my skin except people with absolutely no concept of what is going on....just more nonsense ! You need some "better" Thoughts...and "smarter" Ideas !

Location hidden

#11 May 16, 2013
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> Once again...YOU ARE IRRELEVENT. Streit made the statement...I DID NOT. Therefore...HE OWNS IT. Lockport does not have time to SIT BACK and wait. Once and for all...the election is over. No more nonsense from the likes of you or anybody else who make bold statements about potential....fine dining....building a Target and Home Depot..without raising taxes....and more. HE MADE THE STATEMENT....no one else. If it happens...all the better...but until then....I say ...."put your money where your mouth is". I'm not into visions ! Tell us ALL exactly HOW...no visions please. No one gets under my skin except people with absolutely no concept of what is going on....just more nonsense ! You need some "better" Thoughts...and "smarter" Ideas !
Your last sentence is so cute and original!!

So now that someone makes a bold statement with a vision, you are all over it like flies on #$%^, thats okay. At least there is a serious plan for the future. By the way, how did the lowering your water bill mantra work out for you? Never heard you hold them to them their claims.

The more you want to hold this group to their vision, the more everyone knows that you are just another sore looser, who will do whatever they can to try and make this group look bad. Even if it means seeing the great city of potential (Lockport), run into the ground. If you are not one of the sore looser's, then you must be one of those crooks from either Robinson or Odelson.

Either way, keep up the good work and keep on watching and keep on holding everyone accountable. Can you imagine the concept of govt being accountable. I know the taxpayers can, which is why they voted the way they did. The wool was removed from their eyes this election. They didn't fall for B.S. and lies either.

Bottom line: even if each end every one of the visions does not come true, the VOTERS will rest at night knowing they made the right choice.

Go Lockport!!

Tick......Tick......Tick...... Tick.....

Location hidden

#12 May 16, 2013
Please don't forget the spell check Chumbalone, and the grammar. Find the ones like a Easter Egg hunt.

Tick......Tick......Tick...... .Tick
Elvis

Schaumburg, IL

#13 May 18, 2013
swing it baby!
Hugh Hefner

Hinsdale, IL

#14 May 23, 2013
Oh, Yeah!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Imagine if Obama had 20 min INDUBITABLY 9
Ugh. It doesn't mean a thing. 32 min INDUBITABLY 4
Trumps First 100 Days of Failure 43 min INDUBITABLY 27
The Natives Are Restless 1 hr INDUBITABLY 12
This Job Is Hard 1 hr MyPantiesMatchMyBra 17
Perspective. 3 hr Pondering 7
Trump pushes Executive Orders and Tax cuts: A ... 3 hr LMAO 14

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance