Will County's 'Fifty-Fifty' Child Cus...

Will County's 'Fifty-Fifty' Child Custody Experiment

Posted in the Joliet Forum

Newly Divorced

Tinley Park, IL

#1 Sep 25, 2012
I just survived a long and contentious divorce in Will County and even though I got 'residential custody' of my child the court has moved into this new 'experiment' with fifty-fifty custody...

my kid lives with me for two days... is gone for two days... comes back for three days and is gone for three days over and over again.

I live 18 miles away from my ex and the poor kid lives like a refugee... it's hard for her to maintain friendships and do school stuff like sports etc...

I think they just started doing it last February.

In my opinion it's gonna hurt the children.

is any one else a victim of this new 'experiment' in child custody?
God

Chicago, IL

#2 Sep 25, 2012
You should have never gotten married, let alone had children. Your daughter is paying for your own selfish and reckless lifestyle. You will get no sympathy here.
Sparty

Beecher, IL

#3 Sep 25, 2012
Try getting along with your ex and recognize that you are both parents and need to get along.
Newly Divorced

Tinley Park, IL

#4 Sep 26, 2012
Gahd I know I should never have gotten married... and I'm not looking for any sympathy for me... but I do feel like the children who are going to be a part of this experiment deserve some sympathy.

My ex was diagnosed as a psychotic... which she hid from me... and she didn't take her medication... I've tried to make things smooth and get along... but there's no getting along with someone so detached from reality that they think the tv newspeople are talking directly to them...

I am interested in hearing stories of anyone else who is enduring this new 'fifty fifty' custody thing.
BoyaS

United States

#5 Sep 27, 2012
Grow up dude. Get past the finger pointing and name calling. You will drive yourself crazy with it. Just concentrate on being a good dad and helping your ex be a good mom. Also, I call BS- if she was really that crazy, there wouldn't be a 50-50 split.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Wylie arrested and indicted 1 min Olga F 68
How to fix the Illinois Fiscal Problems 5 min Stop 18
LW West closing 26 min School Is Good 57
New Lenox treats veterans like crap, I guess... 29 min Snark Bite 29
Come on Trump! Do what you promised!! Make Amer... 1 hr G reed O ver P eople 15
Wyllie use to go for communion each morning 2 hr Robert Thomas 13
breaking news!!!!! 2 hr Robert Thomas 599

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance