Romeoville gets look at new industrial site concept plans

Jun 6, 2013 Full story: The Herald-News 13

In a move some local officials touted as a further sign of an improving local economy, a developer presented concept plans for two planned industrial developments in the village of Romeoville.

Full Story
Keith

Romeoville, IL

#1 Jun 17, 2013
More good news.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2 Jun 18, 2013
Great. More eyesores, more trucks, more traffic. Taylor Rd isn't designed for that sort of truck volume. Nor is the 55/Weber interchange. So residents can now sit in traffic even longer and see very little benefit to these new warehouses. Thanks Noak. Bang up job
Romeoville, IL

#3 Jun 18, 2013
Storkleton wrote:
Great. More eyesores, more trucks, more traffic. Taylor Rd isn't designed for that sort of truck volume. Nor is the 55/Weber interchange. So residents can now sit in traffic even longer and see very little benefit to these new warehouses. Thanks Noak. Bang up job
You are completely off base. What eyesores? Most people will never even see these buildings. More traffic -- where the heck do you think you live? More traffic is coming no matter what buddy. Get a clue. If these buildings don't go here they will simply go to Crest Hill, Joliet, Bolingbrook... take your pick. And guess what you will still be stuck with the traffic just with no benefits. Industrial buildings account for the the majority of the area's tax base. Without them taxes would be much higher from all the taxing bodies. Industrial buildings don't require many government services... NO kids costing the schools, etc. Therefore they are actually a big net gain for the community. Most of the new warehouses have also created large amounts of jobs, examples: RTC, MAT, FedEx, Samsung, Floorstar, Pactiv, PARC, Kimberly Clark, Chicago Tube & Iron, Great Kitchens, CGI, Pollman North America, should I continue or do you get the point finally? These jobs help create the customer base needed to sustain retail, etc. Which then helps further offset the pressure on taxes. For you information Taylor Rd. was built to accommodate that amount of truck traffic. The total amount of trucks allowed for the entire industrial park was set years ago and the road was built to that standard then. The park has yet to reach that number. So once again you are wrong. And yes, Thank you to the Mayor, Board and Staff at the village that are one of the few places anywhere bringing in new projects these days.

Or you could just live around a bunch of houses with no industry, no jobs, no retail and pay about twice as much in taxes. Get a clue already or at least stop making stupid complaints.
Romeoville Rich

Romeoville, IL

#4 Jun 18, 2013
A whole bunch more jobs that pay 10 dollars per hour!!!!! I do agree that its good for the taxbase, though
Romeoville Rich

Romeoville, IL

#5 Jun 18, 2013
oh and btw.....I am so happy they connected Belmont to everything else....new development is good....many more 10 dollar per hour jobs! Thank You Ronald Reagan, RIP! Reagan is like a saint to the Republicans.....he really was horrible.....Aight time to eat
Romeoville Rich

Romeoville, IL

#6 Jun 18, 2013
I really was genuine when I said I liked the Belmont expansion....I like Noak too

Location hidden

#7 Jun 18, 2013
Ville wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely off base. What eyesores? Most people will never even see these buildings. More traffic -- where the heck do you think you live? More traffic is coming no matter what buddy. Get a clue. If these buildings don't go here they will simply go to Crest Hill, Joliet, Bolingbrook... take your pick. And guess what you will still be stuck with the traffic just with no benefits. Industrial buildings account for the the majority of the area's tax base. Without them taxes would be much higher from all the taxing bodies. Industrial buildings don't require many government services... NO kids costing the schools, etc. Therefore they are actually a big net gain for the community. Most of the new warehouses have also created large amounts of jobs, examples: RTC, MAT, FedEx, Samsung, Floorstar, Pactiv, PARC, Kimberly Clark, Chicago Tube & Iron, Great Kitchens, CGI, Pollman North America, should I continue or do you get the point finally? These jobs help create the customer base needed to sustain retail, etc. Which then helps further offset the pressure on taxes. For you information Taylor Rd. was built to accommodate that amount of truck traffic. The total amount of trucks allowed for the entire industrial park was set years ago and the road was built to that standard then. The park has yet to reach that number. So once again you are wrong. And yes, Thank you to the Mayor, Board and Staff at the village that are one of the few places anywhere bringing in new projects these days.
Or you could just live around a bunch of houses with no industry, no jobs, no retail and pay about twice as much in taxes. Get a clue already or at least stop making stupid complaints.
Yes. Everyone loves driving through their town with the view of dozens of 700,000 square foot eyesores. It's really what everyone buying a home is seeking out.

I've got news for you. Over the past 6 years, my home value (and I'm sure yours as well) has gone down 45% while my property taxes have gone down, they've gone down a disproportionate amount. I fail to see how this benefits me. Especially when the village has gone out of their way to piss away that money on unnecessary "improvements" i.e. unnecessary road work and an unnecessary village palace.

Also, how is a two lane road on Taylor with a center turning lane in any way capable of handling that amount of truck traffic? Traffic on Taylor is routinely backed up with trucks turning north on Weber. Traffic on Weber is ROUTINELY backed up to Walgreens going North because of an insufficient interchange at 55. And instead of having those companies that own the warehouses fund the road projects, they get sweet tax breaks to come here and screw residents.

This town needs more retail and dining. Not more empty spaces with few jobs that go to residents and even fewer tax breaks that support their residents.

Location hidden

#8 Jun 18, 2013
Ville wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, since you're an expert and I seem to have no clue, I'd like a round number of Romeoville residents hired by these warehouses.
Romeoville, IL

#9 Jun 19, 2013
Storkleton wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, since you're an expert and I seem to have no clue, I'd like a round number of Romeoville residents hired by these warehouses.
You can not require that any company only hire from one area. Its against the law. Also that would mean that other communities would do the same. So if you work some where else you would be scr@wed. That's just plain stupid.
Storkleton

United States

#10 Jun 19, 2013
So explain to me the why they're a great benefit to me or anyone else as a resident? I'm seeing lots of problems, but no reward
Romeoville, IL

#11 Jun 19, 2013
Storkleton wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Everyone loves driving through their town with the view of dozens of 700,000 square foot eyesores. It's really what everyone buying a home is seeking out.
I've got news for you. Over the past 6 years, my home value (and I'm sure yours as well) has gone down 45% while my property taxes have gone down, they've gone down a disproportionate amount. I fail to see how this benefits me. Especially when the village has gone out of their way to piss away that money on unnecessary "improvements" i.e. unnecessary road work and an unnecessary village palace.
Also, how is a two lane road on Taylor with a center turning lane in any way capable of handling that amount of truck traffic? Traffic on Taylor is routinely backed up with trucks turning north on Weber. Traffic on Weber is ROUTINELY backed up to Walgreens going North because of an insufficient interchange at 55. And instead of having those companies that own the warehouses fund the road projects, they get sweet tax breaks to come here and screw residents.
This town needs more retail and dining. Not more empty spaces with few jobs that go to residents and even fewer tax breaks that support their residents.
None of the industrial buildings along Taylor received any tax breaks. You just made that up. Get your facts straight first.

BTW... Weber is the Will County Highway Department's jurisdiction and the interchange is IDOT's jurisdiction. And both are currently moving forward on widening and improvements.
Romeoville, IL

#12 Jun 19, 2013
Storkleton wrote:
So explain to me the why they're a great benefit to me or anyone else as a resident? I'm seeing lots of problems, but no reward
That's all you want to see.
noak pride

United States

#13 Jun 20, 2013
I am extremely happy with mayor Noak, he in my opinion is romeovilles treasure, his eyes are hypnotizing and his package is that of a baby gerbil. I am a 56 year old bear and I promise I will drink his babies. Hopefully he will do the same. Taking shots of each other would be great, I would love to have a little bit of Noak inside of me. Even if a little bit is all of it I wouldn't mind. Less pain, more like scissoring. Playing swords, HA! More like playing sword vs dagger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sizzles 14 min Merv 13
are scissors weapons on school buses 24 min Orca 11
Romeoville teen severely injured by security rope 41 min Mia 3
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Saint Demetrius 50,006
Obama and Holder should go to prison 1 hr Neighbor 1
school busses and cheese cake 2 hr Donut 24
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 5 hr Hope Peddler 6,985

Joliet Jobs

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Joliet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Joliet

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]