is this america
Poopa Smurf

Lockport, IL

#1 Jan 1, 2013
While taking a ride up route 7 yesterday with my wife I noticed that there is a foreign flag on the highway yet again. I think someone complained a few times about it. Yes, the American flag is there but doesn't great know it all have an ordinance against foreign flags put on the parkway again. You will have the almighty on here saying you don't have anything else to do or complain about. Either you have a rule or you don't. Why don't all the people use the parkway like they like. Just park all your cars on the parkway and see how fast the police come. Put your stuff out on the parkway and see if you get ticketed. Yet they let a business use the parkway and evidently have not fined them for doing so as yet. It tells you that there is an under the table agreement for some to use the parkways the way they want and others cannot. We certainly do need new leadership. Do we have anyone that fines these people for doing things they want. First they are down then they are up. I think everyone should put all flags on their parkways and see what happens! If you are told you can't point to the ones that can and if there is no ordinance about the parkway then anyone can use it for their own benefit. It stands to reason there is either codes/ordinances or laws. I will not do the code man's job, he should be riding up and down these streets and seeing the code violations. Just try that in other towns. It is a carnival town on rt. 7 anyway with the flags and bright lights that abound. A city that is historic should not allow anything such as this. I would say maybe flowers or trees but that is it! It is not a matter where you take it down for a week and then put it back up. If it is ok'd then there should be a flag pole with the American flag high and above and the foreign flag below it and not the same size. I for one am contacting the proper people and I took a picture of it and other things to send. It looks like a carnival town atmosphere. Thankfully other towns do not allow this type of thing to happen and that is why people choose to shop there. Of course, there are good reasons not to move here with the leadership we do NOT have.
America the beautiful

Lockport, IL

#2 Jan 1, 2013
This town back up the ordinances and codes? You have to be kidding! They have friends, you know. They only go after the ones that they do not like. They will fine them for having leaves in their parkway or not the proper bags or people parking on the grass, sometimes. It is amazing that anyone would think they have time???? to look at the ordinances/rules/codes to be followed. There is no time for such a silly thing like that. We let politicians put their signs on parkways and they are not suppose to. It is the citizen that has to complain. The government of this city does not complain. Everything and anything goes.
America the beautiful

Lockport, IL

#3 Jan 1, 2013
I took a ride up there when it was light and you are exactly right. The flags are on the parkway. Who gives them permission for this and if that was so every family could put their polish flag out, their mexican flag out, their chinese flag out, their japanese flag out, their english flag out, etc. ON THE PARKWAY. It should not be. The American flag should be on a pole if it is permanent. There should be an ordinance and the code guy should fine the people who do not follow the codes or laws. If no laws it shows what our town is made of. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. THE AMERICAN FLAG IS THE ONE THAT SHOULD BE ON TOP AND ANY OTHER FLAG LOWER. THERE ARE FLAG RULES IN AMERICA. WHERE IS THE LEADERSHIP HERE? I DON'T SEE IT!
Move Backward

Lockport, IL

#4 Jan 1, 2013
Lockport has been allowed to degrade and go downward. Instead of Move Forward our motto should be Move Backward! An historic town should have stiff rules and look like Frankfort. They keep the rules! We do not! This guy stops for a week or two and then is back at it! If that is the only way he can get business, he needs to go out of business! The American Flag is to be on a flagpole when they put it out everyday, not some makeshift deal in the ground and then the foreign flag. If you are proud to be an American, and we all should be, that is the flag we fly plus others are lower, according to the U.S. Flag Code.
No change

Lockport, IL

#5 Jan 2, 2013
You will not see change in this town until you elect a person with the character that this town has been known for in the last century. We have people that have lived here their whole life and their ancestors before them. This town should be moving forward and it was until it stopped with these eggheads! April should bring a complete change of this majority. We should elect Steve Strait and new alderpersons not connected at all to the present majority and really endorsed by them to be their puppets again. Then maybe you will see all the changes come about that are needed. We need independent thinkers not bobbleheads as we have now. We need an independent person leading us, like Steve Strait is. We do not need that woman either that is a puppet of the majority. In my opinion we are headed for another four years of nothingness if we vote in the same elements we have now.
Lockport local

Lockport, IL

#6 Jan 2, 2013
No change wrote:
You will not see change in this town until you elect a person with the character that this town has been known for in the last century. We have people that have lived here their whole life and their ancestors before them. This town should be moving forward and it was until it stopped with these eggheads! April should bring a complete change of this majority. We should elect Steve Strait and new alderpersons not connected at all to the present majority and really endorsed by them to be their puppets again. Then maybe you will see all the changes come about that are needed. We need independent thinkers not bobbleheads as we have now. We need an independent person leading us, like Steve Strait is. We do not need that woman either that is a puppet of the majority. In my opinion we are headed for another four years of nothingness if we vote in the same elements we have now.
That "woman running" is actually two women running. Both picked by Turner and Balisch. Kelly Turner who is male in gender, wants to get a majority of women elected, like "Mary" in the 4th ward. You see how "Mary" has represented those in the 4th Ward. We have heard nothing from this person but a bunch of nattering. Samantha Neitske is much the same on the High School board. Just go to a meeting and see how involved she is. She takes her instructions from Balisch who got her elected in the last race. Now she wants to be an alderman in the 3rd ward replacing Fentress. Balisch and Turner will lead her around like they do "Mary". People we don't need puppets for Turner and Balisch in the city of Lockport! We need strong leadership if the city is to "progress".
Thinks everyone his patsy

Lockport, IL

#7 Jan 3, 2013
No change at all until we elect people who think for themselves and are not a pawn of the headmaster. Be sure to investigate all the candidates running, especially in Fentress ward and against a good man in the second ward. These are people the headmaster wants out and himself in and a handpicked city. Do you want more of the same that you have now? Do you want progress? Investigate the backgrounds of these people and people that have been on boards how they voted and who was behind them. It is imperative we all do a good job of selecting the best of the best this time around otherwise Lockport is doomed to renting store fronts, and having the residents have NO SAY in anything. If you want the no contract bid system to continue then you vote for more of the same. If you believe lies on postcards unless they are proof then you have more of the same. Talk of them personally or you get what you deserve in this town for years to come. NO PROGRESS..OTHER TOWNS PROGRESS..OTHER TOWNS DON'T USE EXCUSES''OTHER TOWNS LISTEN TO THEIR RESIDENTS..OTHER TOWNS DO NOT HAVE NO BID CONTRACTS..OTHER TOWNS HAVE RESTAURANTS...OTHER TOWNS HAVE QUALITY SHOPS BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP...OTHER TOWNS ARE PROGRESSIVE...AND HERE WE ARE WITH STOPPED GROWTH FOR THE PAST FOUR YEARS. I DO NOT CARE WHAT OTHERS SAY, THAT IS MY OPINION. I JUST GOT BACK FROM FRANKFORT AND GOING TO BOLINGBROOK TO SHOP. ISN'T IT TOO BAD THIS TOWN HAS NOTHING. VOTE FOR PROGRESS IN THIS TOWN. READ STEVE STREIT'S BIO/WEBSITE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For every Joey sign in town, there's 20 Streit ... 3 hr VOTE 4 STREIT 13
Joey Drops Out 3 hr VOTE 4 STREIT 2
Alternates 3 hr MyPantiesMatchMyBra 7
Spending your tax dollars 4 hr MyPantiesMatchMyBra 16
More Freedom Lost! 4 hr MyPantiesMatchMyBra 6
How low can Donald go 4 hr MyPantiesMatchMyBra 22
So who's the best candidate for NL road commiss... 6 hr VOTE PEDRO 10

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance