DeWald Looking to Regain Romeoville M...

DeWald Looking to Regain Romeoville Mayor Job

There are 55 comments on the WJOL-AM Joliet story from Oct 24, 2012, titled DeWald Looking to Regain Romeoville Mayor Job. In it, WJOL-AM Joliet reports that:

Former Romeoville mayor Fred DeWald has filed to run in next spring's municipal election to get his old job back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJOL-AM Joliet.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Citizens Against Dewald

Riverside, IL

#42 Jan 3, 2013
Fred quite pretending to ABC that you only resigned do to your health. Everyone knows that is BS.
What are you doing

New Lenox, IL

#43 Jan 30, 2013
Dewald is so bad! But do we really need another rec center along Rt. 53. Noak is wrong on that one.
Carl

Chicago, IL

#44 Jan 31, 2013
What are you doing wrote:
Dewald is so bad! But do we really need another rec center along Rt. 53. Noak is wrong on that one.
Actually how many times does someone have to tell you that its not another rec center. Its a completely different type of facility. Also it is going to be run by a public private partnership. Therefore the operations are the responsibility of the private partner. This facility will have space for activities like indoor soccer and other large scale competitions. Which can not be held at the rec center because it is designed for other types of activities. This type of facility will draw people to the area to help atract and sustain new businesses in the downtown.
villechick

Wood Dale, IL

#45 Feb 14, 2013
Carl, will village residents have to pay to use this facility since it is going to privately run? If so, I wonder how many people are aware of this. I'll bet a lot of people think it will be run by the Rec. Department. I hope the current thought process is right, that this will bring more business to the East side. But, after listening to the 2/6 Board meeting (I believe that was the date), it's sounding less likely that a grocery store in coming soon. That makes me a little upset, as we were kind of half-promised to expect it soon. Some of us have been waiting years and years to see that happen. Looks like we'll still be waiting.
Ville Resident

Bolingbrook, IL

#46 Feb 14, 2013
villechick wrote:
Carl, will village residents have to pay to use this facility since it is going to privately run? If so, I wonder how many people are aware of this. I'll bet a lot of people think it will be run by the Rec. Department. I hope the current thought process is right, that this will bring more business to the East side. But, after listening to the 2/6 Board meeting (I believe that was the date), it's sounding less likely that a grocery store in coming soon. That makes me a little upset, as we were kind of half-promised to expect it soon. Some of us have been waiting years and years to see that happen. Looks like we'll still be waiting.
You really don't seem to get it do you. We are just coming out of a recession slowly now. Guess what everything isn't going to happen overnight. It will take time. Everything is moving in a positive direction. Other communities are only wish that had as much positive activity as our community does. But things are still going to take time. I don't know what world you live in but its still very difficult to do any economic development anywhere in the United States. So the fact that is is moving at all is a huge success for the community. You have no idea what you are even talking about.
There will be Rec Department activities at the new center as well as outside groups that will pay. That's exactly what has been said the entire time.
You seem to gloss over the fact that the village has also included a major new partner for the retail/groccery development by bringing Next Realty to the project. Next Realty is one of the most successful groups in the country for development. You really have no idea what you are talking about here.
I for one actually watch the meetings and read the papers. Oh and do my own research. You just keep trying to push your nonsense.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#47 Feb 14, 2013
villechick wrote:
Carl, will village residents have to pay to use this facility since it is going to privately run? If so, I wonder how many people are aware of this. I'll bet a lot of people think it will be run by the Rec. Department. I hope the current thought process is right, that this will bring more business to the East side. But, after listening to the 2/6 Board meeting (I believe that was the date), it's sounding less likely that a grocery store in coming soon. That makes me a little upset, as we were kind of half-promised to expect it soon. Some of us have been waiting years and years to see that happen. Looks like we'll still be waiting.
As I wrote before, this whole project doesn't make sense. Village investing over $8 million(without basketball or volleyball courts) to build it, then they will give it back to the company who built it in order for them to run it. I'm sure they have lots of experience and those type of endeavor's. Yes my village residents, for the most part you will have to pay(I'm sure very hefty) to use it. John Noak want you to believe this will be very successful investment. If he really believed that he would've never let somebody else run it and he's leaving money on the table(he's way too greedy for that) but instead he knows this will be complete and utterly disaster. Once that happened they(Noak and Co.) will try to make you believe that Robinson engineering(future operator) fail to live up to its expectations then he will be riding on the white horse and try to rescue it(of course with your tax dollars) turning it into rec center number two. Grocery store? Are you kidding?? No one out there wants to pay to play with this guy and I'm sure price is very hefty.
Truth

Chicago, IL

#48 Feb 14, 2013
VoteNoakOut wrote:
<quoted text>
As I wrote before, this whole project doesn't make sense. Village investing over $8 million(without basketball or volleyball courts) to build it, then they will give it back to the company who built it in order for them to run it. I'm sure they have lots of experience and those type of endeavor's. Yes my village residents, for the most part you will have to pay(I'm sure very hefty) to use it. John Noak want you to believe this will be very successful investment. If he really believed that he would've never let somebody else run it and he's leaving money on the table(he's way too greedy for that) but instead he knows this will be complete and utterly disaster. Once that happened they(Noak and Co.) will try to make you believe that Robinson engineering(future operator) fail to live up to its expectations then he will be riding on the white horse and try to rescue it(of course with your tax dollars) turning it into rec center number two. Grocery store? Are you kidding?? No one out there wants to pay to play with this guy and I'm sure price is very hefty.
Once again a lot of nonsense rhetoric with no proof or substance behind it. Its a shame you or any one else didn't say anything about it at the last board meeting or at the planning & zoning meeting before that. Or actually at any of the meetings on downtown for the last few years. You like to complain on here but you don't have the nerve to say anything in public. Are you afraid they will prove you wrong. And what great plan do you have? Nothing that's the plan you have. Something positive is finally happening and all you can do is complain.
sadbutrue

Indianapolis, IN

#49 Feb 19, 2013
villechick wrote:
Carl, will village residents have to pay to use this facility since it is going to privately run? If so, I wonder how many people are aware of this. I'll bet a lot of people think it will be run by the Rec. Department. I hope the current thought process is right, that this will bring more business to the East side. But, after listening to the 2/6 Board meeting (I believe that was the date), it's sounding less likely that a grocery store in coming soon. That makes me a little upset, as we were kind of half-promised to expect it soon. Some of us have been waiting years and years to see that happen. Looks like we'll still be waiting.
if you listened to the 2/6 boeardmeeting it was also said that romeoville cannot make grocery stores come to town to open for business..with this new development at spartan square it will be a better attraction for stores to wanna come to romeoville and do business...listen to the entire meeting, not just what you want to hear.
gailsucks

Indianapolis, IN

#50 Feb 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again a lot of nonsense rhetoric with no proof or substance behind it. Its a shame you or any one else didn't say anything about it at the last board meeting or at the planning & zoning meeting before that. Or actually at any of the meetings on downtown for the last few years. You like to complain on here but you don't have the nerve to say anything in public. Are you afraid they will prove you wrong. And what great plan do you have? Nothing that's the plan you have. Something positive is finally happening and all you can do is complain.
here i give you a hint..gail, rich, tomascz, mark...thats the core of these fellons..those trolls always have something to say and hide behind screen names...its a shame that Gail as the President of the American Legion, member of the Eagles Club etc has to lower herself to these standards and engage in illegal intimidation tactics of voters...if Ballard chauffaurs mongo on my driveway to threaten me to take one of his signs, i will make sure he doesnt leave....btw..lots of people complaining about Mongo signs popping up in their yards that were not uthorized by the home owners..could there be another election violation be in the works ??????????i hope someone has the guts to do it.
gailsucks

Indianapolis, IN

#51 Feb 19, 2013
sorry..Gail is the President of the American Legion Ladies Auxiliary,not the Legion..
Hello

Romeoville, IL

#52 Feb 19, 2013
Please do not connect any of the organizations in town with any candidate. None of them can politically endorse an individual for office as all are “A-Political”. Individuals will vote and support the candidate of their choice or join their campaign committee; however they are not allowed in the capacity of their position to use their title nor organization for political gain or endorsement. For the American Legion Auxiliary it could cause them to lose their charter. Same as the Lions Club. Both organizations do wonderful work in their own rights and to connect them with either Mongo or Noak is wrong. If there is any talk from the campaign staff saying they are endorsing a candidate using their organization such as the Auxiliary, Lion’s Club, Rotary Club, Knights of Columbus, etc…please report them to the election board.

On a personal note, I support Mayor Noak, as a resident of Romeoville, because of his proven successes in the past four years that he has been Elected Mayor. He has the knowhow and the ability to keep Romeoville on the growth path that we have seen and I believe in his and the current board of trustees visions for our village. I cannot vote for Mongo for a few reasons;
A.) His lack of government knowledge.
B.) To this day he has not once explained in detail how he plans to rework Romeoville.
C.) I have listened to him at Mongo’s panhandering to everyone who was half lit and all he can do is talk about his glory days with the bears.(And this was before he declared he was running for mayor.) Not how he plans to improve Romeoville,(with the exception of the school board and property taxes that the mayors job does not include.)
D.) The company he keeps.
E.) In addition to being a blowhard, obnoxious, unprofessional, unknowledgeable, asinine, pompous, arrogant, self-serving, uneducated, ill-informed, attention seeking has been, wet behind the ears in policy and procedures, bungler of words and last , but certainly not least, simple minded who sticks his foot in mouth every time he speaks.(Reminds me of a male Sarah Palin.)
F.) We have a good man sitting in office now and who thinks through every decision that affects Romeoville. It may not always be the favorite choice of every resident, but with his experience and background, Mayor Noak has the fortitude to make the difficult choices that sometimes arises for the common good.
politics as usual

Bolingbrook, IL

#53 Feb 20, 2013
I would wager that there isn't a grocery store in that area anytime in the next 5 years at a minimum.
Loser Patrol

Chicago, IL

#54 Feb 20, 2013
politics as usual wrote:
I would wager that there isn't a grocery store in that area anytime in the next 5 years at a minimum.
Wow where's your plan? Just another loser pushing their negative agenda.
Biscuit

Romeoville, IL

#55 Feb 23, 2013
Regarding the election, If the choice is between a man who has turned this small sleepy hamlet around or a good old boy football player (who by the way, I really like)I'm going with John Noak! When this village need a football coach, lets call Mongo!
goaway

Indianapolis, IN

#56 Feb 23, 2013
politics as usual wrote:
I would wager that there isn't a grocery store in that area anytime in the next 5 years at a minimum.
do you think the village can tell a grocery store..hey..the people need a store, you HAVE to open one now...no...the village has to have something that would attract a store to want to come open in our town (see previous board meeting minutes)...so with building the new center there is an attraction and a store/chain will more likely look at the location and say..hey, look at romeoville..we can make money there, lets go...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump making it great 3 hr MPMMB 36
10 ideas Republicans loved until Barack Obama b... 3 hr MPMMB 7
Fairmont board doing wonders! 3 hr Cherry 25
The Solution to Health Care 4 hr MPMMB 41
What can we do to get American's off of food st... 4 hr curse of the dumb 71
What happened to the Democratic Party? 6 hr Jus Sayin 2 U 144
Looking for a good travel baseball team. 6 hr Baseball 4

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages