andy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2007

This is a forum to complain or comment how the Hearld news has gone down in quality.
andy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2007

Ok. for the first comment.. lets see

First the quality of the news sucks.. its more non area related...
Theres more chicago influence to it
Elimination of the TV guide, thou its NOT the HEARLD news doing it.. its the sun times network.
So now you have to use the internet to get the guide... real smart .. too bad for those who dont have the internet..
tony

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2007

Let me add also there is more censorship.. look at openline.. now have to give personal information. Also I have wrote letters to the editor.. guess they were not politically correct. One case was one hitting the plainfield park districts wanting to raise taxes to provide money to support non for profit sports groups on the backs of senior citizens and those residents who dont live in PLAINFIELD.. They got a lot of coverage to promote the referendum, but no negative feedback. Makes me feel that editiorial staff is sooo liberal and who believe higher taxes is good...considering counterviews were NOT published.. are working with officals to keep countering views out of print.. Censorship is abound at the Hearld news.. sounds a bit stalinist to me..
eastside

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2007

when I was a 14 year old (1978) I delivered 50 copies of the herald news a day, with a bag on my shoulder through rain and snow, fighting off dogs (because some people use the newspaper to reprimand their pets. 4 dobermans and a collie german shepard mix which bit me)for 15 dollars every 2 weeks. The herald news cost $1.90 every 2 weeks. I also had to collect this money going home to home. I had to make sure when I collected that I had change, because many subscribers after the 2 dollars that I was handed demanded their 10 cents change. sometimes numerous visits were required to get my money.(I say my money because I had to pay Herald news first!) And to think people would yell at me if they owed me for a month! some worked nights and it was very difficult to get what they owed. The only good thing from my experience was meeting TONY RAY yes the famous but not then as far as I knew TONY RAY. what a great guy he was and is.
Billy Bob

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2007

Most smaller papers leave a lot to be desired. I think the herald has taken steps to clean up its editorial page and I think the paper is more local than before. I agree that they're romancing Plainfield, but that's just business. It's a growing area and they want to get a foot in the door.

They do need to make the paper bigger. It seems smaller than before and that makes no sense because the area keeps growing. Otherwise, its no worse than say the Morris paper...
westside

Yorkville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

I do not always receive my paper, yet I paid for a year. This morning I received the sun times instead of the hearld. When I attempted to call to find out what happened, there was so many people calling in I never got through to them. I have been trying since 8am and it is now 11:15am and the phone is still busy or they took it off the hook because of so many complaints.
Paul OConnnor

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

The Chicago Funtimes, Chicago Libune, and the Scareld News are not totally worthless-all three of them work really good in my charcoal chimney to start my BBQ grill. They work really good as dropcloths as well!
Double o seven

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

The Herald and the Manhattan American both suck. Neither paper EVER reports on anything from Manhattan.
CC Ryder

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

And the moderators of the Openline web site suck as well. If they even think you might touching on something that they perceive as politically incorrect or racist they would knock out your comment even if you had no intention of it being see in that light.
Phil Mcgraw

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

They also don't attempt to cover the corruption that is Joliet and Will County. Look at your fine city. All the money has been stolen by City Government and the only buildings that thrive belong to the Catholic Church. The likes of the Shultz family and blind worship to a church that steals your money along with many young boy's lives
Jason

Manteno, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

The herald snooze is run by right wing goons.
that one chick you know

Sugar Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

You know what else sucks?? Reading The Herald via Topix and getting some stupid pop-up every 10 seconds!!!!! ANNOYING. I may look for an alternative news app. Please fix this Topix!! I have loved you up until recently. Pop-ups once in a while are understandable, not being able to get through a sentence before the pop-up comes back however is ridiculous.
go pete go

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

try adblock its works well

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Joliet Forum right now

Search the Joliet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min truth 48,912
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 30 min Chiraq 6,013
teenage sleepovers 35 min BJ Brenda 12
"the 80s called they want their foriegn policy ... 1 hr hot tamale cool today 4
Trouble with NL Teachers 2 hr Really 23
What is the penalty for having a garage sale wi... (Jul '10) 3 hr junk lover 17
Summit Dr....most unfilled potholes of any city... 3 hr Lewis 29
•••
•••
•••
Joliet Dating

more search filters

less search filters