Will Board supports concealed-carry law

Will Board supports concealed-carry law

There are 16 comments on the The Southtown Star story from May 17, 2013, titled Will Board supports concealed-carry law. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

The Will County Board approved a concealed-carry resolution on Thursday, but that doesn't mean county residents can start packing heat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

CC Ryder

Naperville, IL

#1 May 17, 2013
Well this is good, but the state will pass things first to be able even to have opportunetly to get the permit. Of course there will hoops to jump through to actually get it. This is Illinois.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#2 Aug 27, 2013
The only thing that board supports is Walsh's alcoholism and the Chicago machine.
CC Ryder

Blackstone, IL

#3 Aug 28, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
The only thing that board supports is Walsh's alcoholism and the Chicago machine.
Well Barry,
We understand that the Machine runs a good part of everything in the state, but I'm still glad that concealed carry was passed.
Of course was that in mind I'm hoping that state legislature will take up and pass SYG law.
And or if

Beecher, IL

#4 Aug 28, 2013
Steve Balich is the new Kathleen Konicki. A certified wack job.
CC Ryder

Naperville, IL

#5 Aug 29, 2013
And or if wrote:
Steve Balich is the new Kathleen Konicki. A certified wack job.
So tell me why you believe he's a wack jog. Please put into a better context then just saying that. Explain.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#6 Sep 1, 2013
I am not sure Steve has been certified yet. But yes, he is a phony Libertarian. He loves Government as long as it benefits him. That is not a true Libertarian.
Samiam

Beecher, IL

#7 Sep 7, 2013
Everyone knows he is a wack job. Even the normal republicans on the county board. And, as a gun owner, I'd say he is Waaaaaaaay to into guns. It's a little weird. It's almost like a sexual thing for him.
CC Ryder

Roselle, IL

#8 Sep 7, 2013
Samiam wrote:
Everyone knows he is a wack job. Even the normal republicans on the county board. And, as a gun owner, I'd say he is Waaaaaaaay to into guns. It's a little weird. It's almost like a sexual thing for him.
So tell me. What exactly do you mean when up say, "he is waaaaaaay into guns?? Can you elaborate other then what you've previously already said??
JIM HOPPER

Joliet, IL

#9 Sep 7, 2013
MEANS HE WOULD BUY A GUN RATHER THAN PAY FOR HIS KIDS EDUCATION. THEY BUY THEM FOR SOMETHING MORE THAN COLLECTING OR PROTECTION. i LOVE THOSE GUYS THEY WILL PAY GOOD MONEY FOR GARBAGE, JUST TO HAVE IT.
CC Ryder

Naperville, IL

#10 Sep 7, 2013
JIM HOPPER wrote:
MEANS HE WOULD BUY A GUN RATHER THAN PAY FOR HIS KIDS EDUCATION. THEY BUY THEM FOR SOMETHING MORE THAN COLLECTING OR PROTECTION. i LOVE THOSE GUYS THEY WILL PAY GOOD MONEY FOR GARBAGE, JUST TO HAVE IT.
So how old are his kids?? And what are you calling garbage?? Just wondering.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#11 Sep 7, 2013
Doesn't matter what age they are, I'm surprised from your posts you needed that explained. Garbage like a old S and W model 36 that you can dump on some clown for $500.00 when they have five others. I'm a gun carrier also, but some of these conceal carry guys will still end up getting sodomized with their own weapon. They are not prepared. Things will settle down once it gets implemented here. I live part time in North Carolina and it isn't a big deal.
CC Ryder

Crest Hill, IL

#12 Sep 8, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
Doesn't matter what age they are, I'm surprised from your posts you needed that explained. Garbage like a old S and W model 36 that you can dump on some clown for $500.00 when they have five others. I'm a gun carrier also, but some of these conceal carry guys will still end up getting sodomized with their own weapon. They are not prepared. Things will settle down once it gets implemented here. I live part time in North Carolina and it isn't a big deal.
Barry,
Well if what someone is of college age and they are calling them kids it does matter. If not then that may be a different story. Secondly some people buy older firearm for sentimental reasons. Such as maybe their father or another relative had one like it or they just like collecting the older guns. I know many people who collect older firearms and I don't see problem with the number them they have. Of course I understand that their are those people who feel uneasy at the thought of anyone other than LE or Military having access to firearms.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#13 Sep 8, 2013
CC Ryder wrote:
<quoted text>
Barry,
Well if what someone is of college age and they are calling them kids it does matter. If not then that may be a different story. Secondly some people buy older firearm for sentimental reasons. Such as maybe their father or another relative had one like it or they just like collecting the older guns. I know many people who collect older firearms and I don't see problem with the number them they have. Of course I understand that their are those people who feel uneasy at the thought of anyone other than LE or Military having access to firearms.
I think there is always balance in people that prepare and succeed. You know when people go out of balance on any purchase or even when it is borderline. It is their money and guns are fairly liquid investments. As always debt should be eliminated before other non essential items. I have witnessed some folks with stockpiles of weapons lose their homes in the last year so I am biased. Fear is rampant in America and invites poor decision making.
Stevorate

Beecher, IL

#14 Sep 15, 2013
He takes these legal positions on constitutional issues he knows nothing about. He has no legal training on fourth amendment issues like aerial photography. If the states attorney's office says its ok, that is based on court cases. This guy is a grandstanding clown. Can we get Kathy Konicki back? Ooh I can't believe I said that...but it's true. Balich's brand of nuttiness is way more potent than hers ever was.
CC Ryder

Des Plaines, IL

#15 Sep 16, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>I think there is always balance in people that prepare and succeed. You know when people go out of balance on any purchase or even when it is borderline. It is their money and guns are fairly liquid investments. As always debt should be eliminated before other non essential items. I have witnessed some folks with stockpiles of weapons lose their homes in the last year so I am biased. Fear is rampant in America and invites poor decision making.
Barry,
For the most part I'd agree with what you've said. To a degree you are right for some fear is rampant because of the political atmosphere at the present. Unfortunately people many don't look to what is actually necessary in these times. Necessary is the key.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#16 Sep 19, 2013
If it gives you some peace go for it. I don't stop anyone from themselves. It just delays the eventual failure from future poor decisions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 17 min Timing is everything 10,553
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 20 min sickos 3,897
Clinton stretches lead over Trump to 14 points ... 4 hr Fly on his lip 2
Obama 0 for 2 7 hr Trump is a Coward 2
White Supremacist Police Wife Andie Pauly (Ange... (Nov '15) Jun 13 Janet Jones 8
What Is The Deal With Dominic Egizio? Jun 10 Not Joliet 3
Mayfair Subdivision Jun 8 Mind ya 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages