of 3
Next Last
Romeo Villan

Romeoville, IL

#42 Oct 29, 2012
Wait a minute wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob,
I generally enjoy your commentary but I have to take issue with a few of your points...
1. Over the past 10 years our population in Romeoville has nearly trippled thereby increasing the talent for the high school to choose from. Instead of getting better we have gotten worse!
2. The median income in Romeoville has risen nearly 25% in the last 10 years. Yes the ecconomy has been tough, but it has been tough for all of the surrounding communities and they continue to be successful! Your argument here does not hold water!
3. You make the point concerning Kuna and Bambule being successful with placing talent at the college level...Then I would say why haven't they been successful at the high school level with that same talent.?. Is it the system they run, is it thier leadership style, is it their decision making or lack thereof, is it their communication style, is it their inability to change and be innovative, etc. Bottom line - they get measured by wins and losses!
4. You make referenc to "trolls"...being a journalist yourself, have we forgotten a little thing called freedom of speech! I have read allot of your material and you like to take a pomppus position when it suits you!
I suppose we will agree to disagree but I think I have spent enough years watching and covering high school athletics in a three county area to form a pretty solid basis for my position. That position suits me fine because I actually believe it and live it which is hardly pompous. And there is a difference between journalism and shouts from the back of the room. I may not always have a popular opinion but I use my name when I speak it.
SpartanFan

Romeoville, IL

#43 Oct 29, 2012
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter, the enrollment hasn't gone up. Check your facts.
Here are the enrollment numbers...notice the worst two in the conference not only have the lowest enrollments, but also the worst economics.
Romeoville (H.S.) 1790
Plainfield (East) 1860
Plainfield (North) 1954
Plainfield (Central) 2165
Plainfield (South) 2439
Minooka 2557
Oswego (East) 2001
Oswego (H.S.) 2371
That pretty much spells it out
RHS Support

Romeoville, IL

#44 Nov 2, 2012
I like RHS - it's not perfect but, I enjoyed.
itanimulli

Franklin Park, IL

#45 Nov 2, 2012
Posting the enrollment #'s as an excuse for Romeoville is ridiculous. Those #s aren't far enough apart to make that much of a difference. Besides, years ago RHS had hundreds of bolingbrook kids and we still sucked at just about everything.
Blame the athletic director. Blame the selection process for hiring coaches. Blame the coaches for playing favorites over skill & having attitudes that drive the skilled players away from HS sports.
And most importantly blame the parents for whining on the internet while being too apathetic to actually do something about it.
rhs

La Grange, IL

#46 Nov 26, 2012
romeovilles best sport is wrestling led by bill normand and his amazing staff of john arlis, andy urban rick dellamorte, and matthew joerger!
involved parent

Bolingbrook, IL

#47 Dec 29, 2012
I have had three children graduate from RHS and continued to play in collegiate sports. They did not do it by complaining about how much time they played, how bad their record was, or whether or not they liked their coach. They did it by dedication to their team, school and themselves. Their coaches urged them to improve and help them develop good work ethics, sportsmanship and commitment. They learned responsibility, time management and teamwork. All of which have made them hard working adults. Did they play in every game? No. Were they the star athlete? No. But we went to their games or meets and encouraged their teammates and as a family we all had to make sacrifices because of schedules for games and practices but it was all part of being commited to a team.
If it seems the work ethic of the student athlete is declining at RHS it may be because of lack of support by the parent. Instead of complaining get more involved and be more positive. Athletics are not easy, they require training, practice and more practice. Why not get involved with the program?
Bozo

Bolingbrook, IL

#48 Jun 10, 2013
Why don't Romeoville adopt a winning system as surrounding schools. Find coaches connected to small fry and steer kids into the school. You will surely rid your teams of those lazy local kids and replace them with kids from outside of Romeoville..
Cookie the Clown

Naperville, IL

#49 Jun 11, 2013
Bozo wrote:
Why don't Romeoville adopt a winning system as surrounding schools. Find coaches connected to small fry and steer kids into the school. You will surely rid your teams of those lazy local kids and replace them with kids from outside of Romeoville..
What family would want to voluntarily send their child to RHS for any reason? The schools yearly performance results on student readiness is far below the states average. The school has racial issues. BHS is no better and while the Plainfield High Schools fair a little better academically, their results are nothing to crow about. VVSD SUCKS as a whole, not just some sports programs.
new reader

Frankfort, IL

#50 Jun 20, 2013
If you don't acknowledge enrollment and economic status effect the ability for a football program to be competitive year after year you are not very smart.
WTF

Romeoville, IL

#51 Jul 6, 2013
Wow Okay, well let me say that I have attended RHS and yes we are not great. But you know what, we have fun. It's not all about winning, its about connecting with your team and doing something you love. I know a lot of people that strive to be the best they can at RHS. We are not all the same in the stupid school. Most of us care and work hard. yeah so we have some people at our school that are lazy and just doesn't give a crap. But you know what every school does. And it's not the parents, its not the ethnicity, or the school, or teachers. its just life, it's just another school with it's own problems. not everything is perfect in the world. that is just how it is. And you know what, we have many different kinds of people at our school. It's not just Mexican or whatever you guys think. We are people just like you. And if you people are still going to treat others in a racist way, or talk about this school like you even know anything at all. like you are some sort of genius. Then you are just wasting your time. unless you are actually going to try to change the school or try to change the people or the sports program or whatever. stop wasting your time on the internet typing away talking about this school and start doing something better with your life. and that's it.
Wildcats Rule

Naperville, IL

#52 Jul 7, 2013
WTF wrote:
Wow Okay, well let me say that I have attended RHS and yes we are not great. But you know what, we have fun. It's not all about winning, its about connecting with your team and doing something you love. I know a lot of people that strive to be the best they can at RHS. We are not all the same in the stupid school. Most of us care and work hard. yeah so we have some people at our school that are lazy and just doesn't give a crap. But you know what every school does. And it's not the parents, its not the ethnicity, or the school, or teachers. its just life, it's just another school with it's own problems. not everything is perfect in the world. that is just how it is. And you know what, we have many different kinds of people at our school. It's not just Mexican or whatever you guys think. We are people just like you. And if you people are still going to treat others in a racist way, or talk about this school like you even know anything at all. like you are some sort of genius. Then you are just wasting your time. unless you are actually going to try to change the school or try to change the people or the sports program or whatever. stop wasting your time on the internet typing away talking about this school and start doing something better with your life. and that's it.
MEXICANS, PWT AND GHETTO THUGS - WE ARE RHS!
The future

Western Springs, IL

#53 Aug 17, 2013
Doesn't look good for football. Spartan youth program goes 0-3 to start the season. There is ZERO talent in the area
Soccer Fan

Barnhart, MO

#54 Sep 9, 2013
The school needs to support its Boys Soccer team. The MExicans did not get them their title. The whole team worked together do to the coaches and the leadership on the field. The school could not even come up with the money for proper buses and hotel rooms when they traveled for state but come up for money for a loosing football team. The coaches of the boys Soccer developed 4 players for college standards and the athletic director does not even support. This team has to fight for the field on game day. The team still overcame with no support and put their trophy in the case. Wake up Romeoville pay attention to the kids who do work hard
common sense

Melrose Park, IL

#55 Sep 11, 2013
Soccer Fan wrote:
The school needs to support its Boys Soccer team. The MExicans did not get them their title. The whole team worked together do to the coaches and the leadership on the field. The school could not even come up with the money for proper buses and hotel rooms when they traveled for state but come up for money for a loosing football team. The coaches of the boys Soccer developed 4 players for college standards and the athletic director does not even support. This team has to fight for the field on game day. The team still overcame with no support and put their trophy in the case. Wake up Romeoville pay attention to the kids who do work hard
Why does a "support soccer" post have to include veiled shots at the football team?
Duh

Bolingbrook, IL

#56 Oct 6, 2013
another concerned citizen wrote:
Why do so many romeoville middle schoolers go to bolingbrook high school to play sports?
Easy, because Bolingbrook doesn't have enough academically eligible players to fill up a bench so enter Romeoville kids.
Derrick Rose

Romeoville, IL

#57 Feb 6, 2014
Sports Fan wrote:
New to the area and I cannot believe how pathtetic the sports teams are at Romeoville High School!!
and you sir suck at life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terry Doyle 38 min Lol 7
I want to get rid of Comcast 8 hr Tron 4
O Dekirk or Giarrante 8 hr voter 1
Gwyneth Paltrow Steam Cleans Her Vagina for Energy 9 hr Ewww 3
Who is Mike Bonomo 9 hr Lockport local 5
Patriots Cheer State donations 9 hr Who is that guy 130
Who is Jim Petrakos? 11 hr EJCDad 37
Joliet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web