Romeoville High School Sports Absolutely Suck!!

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sports Fan

Plainfield, IL

#1 Sep 21, 2012
New to the area and I cannot believe how pathtetic the sports teams are at Romeoville High School!!
Ray Rayner

Romeoville, IL

#2 Sep 22, 2012
Sports Fan wrote:
New to the area and I cannot believe how pathtetic the sports teams are at Romeoville High School!!
I hate to admit it, but its the truth. didn't always used to be that way, but the last 15 years or so have been rough on RHS sports. I'm convinced that it also has something to do with the types of parents in the town as well.
sure it does

Peotone, IL

#3 Sep 22, 2012
It starts with the top.
WE NEED AN OVERHAUL!!!
90% of the coaches should get fired they do not care
they are there just for the extra cash.

Let's get a new Athletic Director
one that is not such a push over
he needs to grow a back bone and get on his coaches.
Ray Rayner

Romeoville, IL

#4 Sep 23, 2012
sure it does wrote:
It starts with the top.
WE NEED AN OVERHAUL!!!
Agreed, but theres blame to go around. Alot of these kids lack work ethic and drive and their parents suck as bad as the teams do.
Overhaul, absolutely, but its the same class of breeding people feeding the schools classrooms.
There should be a class and certification required to have children. Our society is rotting.
taxpayer

Romeoville, IL

#5 Sep 23, 2012
sure it does wrote:
It starts with the top.
WE NEED AN OVERHAUL!!!
it is not always the coaches the kids in this town have very bad attitudes and very little self motivation
concerned resident

La Grange, IL

#6 Sep 24, 2012
For those who like to blame others here is a couple things
1. Check your facts.
The RHS boys soccer team is on the rise. Their record is 9-1-1. The RHS girls track team sent a relay team down state for three consecutive years. The RHS girls basketball team is coming off of back-to-back 20 win seasons and a conference championship.
2. What are you doing to help?
Do you coach youth teams? Do you go to coaching clinics to learn more and improve? Do you support and encourage the athletes to develop and learn the skills and work ethic? Do you support the coaches by not undermining their professionalism by criticizing them in front of th athletes?
3. Everyone needs to work together to make RHS successful.
RHS Class of 83

Plainfield, IL

#7 Sep 24, 2012
I'm sorry, but I went to RHS, and I can say the marjority of the teams suck. Other HS set their homecomings against RHS, because they know its an easy win. The football team gets beat week after week by 40 or more points. The other sport teams are just as bad. It starts with the top and works its way down. The coaches need to have a committment to execellance, and get these kids working year round at their sports. If the team is in off season, they need to be lifting weights, doing speed camps, not sitting at home playing video games.
El Wopo

Naperville, IL

#8 Sep 24, 2012
The majority of students are Mexican. Other than soccer, you can forget about having a competitive team. Too bad washing cars, mowing lawns or stealing cars are not a sport, we would go to State every year.
Concerned

La Grange, IL

#9 Sep 24, 2012
I would like to know how you can say that the coaches are lazy. From what I know every coach has some type of training going on, from camps to weight training, speed camps, summer camps. They attend clinics, talk with other coaches and have a vested interests in the kids succeeding. Before you throw them all under the bus, maybe you should walk in their shoes. As far as you being new to the area and saying they suck, what have you done to help improve them.
hope

Romeoville, IL

#10 Sep 24, 2012
You can only coach the players that you are given, this town is satisfied with being okay, parents do not want to put the time into the kid, but then want to cry to the coaches when they do not play, or when they keep losing, the parents are not supportive instead they like to sit back and bitch and complain about how bad the teams are, parents do not teach the kids commitment, they come to practice when they feel like it, they don't instill in their kids what being part of team is, I watch and if some kids aren't playing they do not even pay attention to the game in front of them, you watch other high schools cheering on their fellow athletes, in Romeoville people just want to see other kids fail so their kid gets a shot. All this town does is gossip and complain and ruin it for the kids and families that are trying to change the way sports are veiwed in this town. Nothing is ever going to get better or chacnge if the whole town does not get involved, complaining about something and doing nothing to change it is just pure LAZINESS!! Half the kids in this town don't even go watch their kids play because the team sucks, so you are telling your kid you are only proud if they win? How are they ever going to have confidence in themselves and believe in themselves if the people they love most in their life(PARENTS)don't support them. Come on ROMEOVILLE when are you going to wake up and make this town better, it can be done!!
Ray Rayner

Romeoville, IL

#11 Sep 24, 2012
hope wrote:
You can only coach the players that you are given, this town is satisfied with being okay, parents do not want to put the time into the kid, but then want to cry to the coaches when they do not play, or when they keep losing, the parents are not supportive instead they like to sit back and bitch and complain about how bad the teams are, parents do not teach the kids commitment, they come to practice when they feel like it, they don't instill in their kids what being part of team is, I watch and if some kids aren't playing they do not even pay attention to the game in front of them, you watch other high schools cheering on their fellow athletes, in Romeoville people just want to see other kids fail so their kid gets a shot. All this town does is gossip and complain and ruin it for the kids and families that are trying to change the way sports are veiwed in this town. Nothing is ever going to get better or chacnge if the whole town does not get involved, complaining about something and doing nothing to change it is just pure LAZINESS!! Half the kids in this town don't even go watch their kids play because the team sucks, so you are telling your kid you are only proud if they win? How are they ever going to have confidence in themselves and believe in themselves if the people they love most in their life(PARENTS)don't support them. Come on ROMEOVILLE when are you going to wake up and make this town better, it can be done!!
Amen to that
you are right

Peotone, IL

#12 Sep 26, 2012
sure it does wrote:
It starts with the top.
WE NEED AN OVERHAUL!!!
You are so right.
But I do agree with the other blogger and the girls basketball coach and girls track coach and boys soccer are doing a great job.
But the other coaches need to go. Kuna walks down these hallways thinking that he is god. Oh wait lets get another DUI. Great role modal.(Teachers looking for your student that should be your class and is a football player I have seen them just sitting in the coaches room)
The cheerleading coach I do not think that someone with special needs should be teaching kids with special needs. She wants to be best friends with the girls talks about her sex life with the girls
no wonder there has been so many cheerleaders pregnant.
Bambule Boys basketball wait lets all call the play together 50,50,50
I Think that is the only play he knows.
And how many of the coaches need to sleep with the players.
Oh wait that is ok since that is how our beloved superintendent met his wife
She was his student when they started dating.
They all think that they are so great.
The boys volleyball ferenbacher all she does is make fun of the players.

Enough ranting football will noy win a game this year
so you want to make a difference.
Hit them hard (unlike our football team.) boycott all sporting events do not buy anything from the concession stand and when they figure they have no money coming in maybe just maybe there will be a change.
my wookie stinks

Romeoville, IL

#13 Sep 27, 2012
i like stir fry when prepared properly. it makes me happy and full.
Former RHS Parent

Romeoville, IL

#14 Sep 27, 2012
you are right wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right.
But I do agree with the other blogger and the girls basketball coach and girls track coach and boys soccer are doing a great job.
But the other coaches need to go. Kuna walks down these hallways thinking that he is god. Oh wait lets get another DUI. Great role modal.(Teachers looking for your student that should be your class and is a football player I have seen them just sitting in the coaches room)
The cheerleading coach I do not think that someone with special needs should be teaching kids with special needs. She wants to be best friends with the girls talks about her sex life with the girls
no wonder there has been so many cheerleaders pregnant.
Bambule Boys basketball wait lets all call the play together 50,50,50
I Think that is the only play he knows.
And how many of the coaches need to sleep with the players.
Oh wait that is ok since that is how our beloved superintendent met his wife
She was his student when they started dating.
They all think that they are so great.
The boys volleyball ferenbacher all she does is make fun of the players.
Enough ranting football will noy win a game this year
so you want to make a difference.
Hit them hard (unlike our football team.) boycott all sporting events do not buy anything from the concession stand and when they figure they have no money coming in maybe just maybe there will be a change.
First of all, I think maybe parents should start taking a major role in their child's education and involvement in sports. So much is based on the teacher/coach. When do parents realize that thier child's first teacher/coach is themselves. Please take responsibitiy for your own before you critize others. My children were in RHS sports. I didn't always agree with the coaches, but I stood behind them, they are teaching them the correct way to learn. The coaches give up all their time for a small stipend. They spend more time with "our" children then you do. Please, by all means....quit your job and try and coach. I attended every game my children played whether they played or sat on the bench. How many of you can say that??? It's nice to win, but they are learning just more than win/lose. They are learning teamwork, camaraderie and building character.
Willy Wonkasauce

Romeoville, IL

#15 Sep 27, 2012
my wookie stinks wrote:
i like stir fry when prepared properly. it makes me happy and full.
Wookie,

I could not agree more with your take on stir fry. Not only does it make me happy, but it also makes me smile when I think about how good it felt going down.

Ever try making stuffed camel?? It sits just right. All you need is a camel and some stovetop stuffing.. prob. more than one box. Lemme know what you think.

Willy
J-Doggy

Romeoville, IL

#16 Sep 27, 2012
Is it just me or do you think "my wookie stinks" and "Willy Wonkasauce" are the same person? I mean come on... who likes stir-fry AND Camel?!?!?! Pick one buddy
stopthenwo

Mount Prospect, IL

#17 Oct 1, 2012
When I went to RHS, the varsity baseball coach was a druggie who let his students and players do just about anything. Romeoville High School sports also have a problem with playing favorites, including the kids of parents who help out a bit, regardless of skill level. Back then, our PONY League baseball team was better than the Varsity H.S. team because the good kids didn't even want to play for RHS coaches. Yeah, the Athletic program is horrible.
lrt

United States

#18 Oct 2, 2012
Any of you join up, go to the school and intelligently voice your concerns and ask what you might do to improve things? Any concern over scholastics?
Ray Rayner

Romeoville, IL

#19 Oct 2, 2012
lrt wrote:
Any of you join up, go to the school and intelligently voice your concerns and ask what you might do to improve things? Any concern over scholastics?
scholastics are equally as bad as the extra curriculars
another concerned citizen

Oswego, IL

#20 Oct 4, 2012
Why do so many romeoville middle schoolers go to bolingbrook high school to play sports?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"America" 14 min Robert Thomas 21
Why Me ? 31 min Robert Thomas 9
Jim Petrakos - Impressive Candidate 44 min Observer 17
Neighbor and Hitler Connection 52 min Patriot 33
News JJC proposes balanced budget for next fiscal year Sat jimbo 1
Connie Purchase Mar 27 LOL at baggy face 13
News 2 die when motorcycle hits semi on I-80 (Oct '08) Mar 24 I ride 20
Joliet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web