Frankfort fire battalion chief to lose license

Jan 8, 2012 Full story: The Southtown Star 17

Frankfort Fire Battalion Chief Paul Kelch will have his driver's license suspended at the end of January for having too many moving violations, according to the Illinois secretary of state's office.

Full Story
poor taxpayer

Manhattan, IL

#1 Jan 24, 2012
No cop buddies, eh?
Kraus Blows

United States

#2 Jan 24, 2012
This is the rare occassion where a firefighter or cop gets busted for abuse of authority while driving. Awesome!
citizen

Frankfort, IL

#3 Jan 24, 2012
I thought firefighters looked out for each other. This guy needs help. Covering for him is not the answer to his problems. Shame on anyone who thought it was the thing to do , and there were probably many.
TakeBackManhatta n

Bolingbrook, IL

#4 Jan 27, 2012
OH boy
Too bad

Wilmington, IL

#5 Jan 27, 2012
I used to live next to Paul and he was a good guy. I feel bad for him and his kids but that's life, you play and you gotta pay.
ivy

Chicago, IL

#6 Jan 30, 2012
Clearly, this person needs substance abuse help.
Go to the Tank

United States

#7 Feb 1, 2012
ivy wrote:
Clearly, this person needs substance abuse help.
He is a good guy and unfortunetly has a drinking problem. Go check yourself into the TANK or you will get fired and your going to jail. And you will kill someone else, and if you dont kill yourself in the process

Quit wasting time, sign yourself in for 30 days.

Your an AA guy now, aka LAST CHANCE
what

Plainfield, IL

#8 Feb 1, 2012
Kraus Blows wrote:
This is the rare occassion where a firefighter or cop gets busted for abuse of authority while driving. Awesome!
Rare occaassion? Cops and fireman get busted for messing up. What about the Lockport cop on I-55 a few years ago involved in a fatal DUI. Lost his job! The Rosemont FD medic was just convicted for a personal injury DUI accident in Joliet! The Harvey cop recently arrested for DUI in Riverside for crashing into a parked car. And just recently the Westmont fire chief arrest for DUI crash in DuPage County.

Your comment is wrong sir!

Since: Dec 11

Manhattan

#9 Feb 3, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>Rare occaassion? Cops and fireman get busted for messing up. What about the Lockport cop on I-55 a few years ago involved in a fatal DUI. Lost his job! The Rosemont FD medic was just convicted for a personal injury DUI accident in Joliet! The Harvey cop recently arrested for DUI in Riverside for crashing into a parked car. And just recently the Westmont fire chief arrest for DUI crash in DuPage County.

Your comment is wrong sir!
He didn't say it was rare for them to break the law, he said it was rare for them to actually get busted. With the amount of police and firefighters out there the events you described are just a drop in the bucket to the ones where they get a free pass.
No Mercy

Redmond, WA

#10 Feb 6, 2012
I spent 35 years as as firefighter and the public always looked up to us. I had an officer on my department who had the same problem off duty and when the chief found out he said -YER GONE- no rehab, no excuses,pack your stuff and GET OUT. Maybe you cannot do that in this day and age but in every aspect the chief was right. This guy was demoted to Lieutenant and cannot drive, thats like telling a kid he can,t watch tv or ride his bike when he gets caught doing someting wrong. Tinley Park had a cop last year that was drunk while driving a squad car and caused a serious accident and then ran from Frankfort and New Lenox police.
Turns my stomach but he is GONE, career destroyed, criminal charges pending and Tinley Park did the right thing, THEY FIRED HIM.
Truth Hurts

Oak Forest, IL

#11 Feb 7, 2012
Who cares?!?!? Not like he crashed a fire truck
What?

United States

#12 Feb 8, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
Seriously? Trust me
Pooh

Wilmington, IL

#13 Mar 18, 2012
Trust you? Why? Do you know Paul?
WhatThe F

Woodridge, IL

#14 Mar 19, 2012
Who cares!!!!
citizen

Frankfort, IL

#15 Apr 14, 2012
ares!!! Not anyone in Frankfort. This is just brushed under the rug. Can you imagine what else is going on. The people of Frankfort deserve better.

Manhattan, IL

#16 Nov 9, 2012
He totaled my car then took off !!! I pray he never has to rescue me ... What a tool, his insurance did buy me a brand new trailblazer tho... Thanks state farm

Manhattan, IL

#17 Nov 17, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
Who cares he almost killed my wife when he was plastered drunk and hit her when she was stopped at a stop sign thank god my kids weren't in the car .....oh wait n then did it again like two months later to another lady that was stopped at a stop light and he left the scene of the accident both times and had open alcohol and both times said he had to leave to pick up his kids

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America's Castro 3 hr Lets Get Plowed 19
Glenn Beck & the Tea Party 3 hr Reggies Unzipped Fly 8
A Nation In Decline 3 hr Unincorporated 44
Its Time 3 hr Unincorporated 1
Auto Concepts Joliet (Mar '12) 14 hr unhappy 10
best and worst neighborhoods in Joliet (Oct '08) Thu Suzie 8
Slocum calling you knuckleheads Wed Beyonce's Weave 2
Joliet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web