Professor wrote:
Obama's fault!
what a blowhard
Obama

Mokena, IL

#6 Nov 18, 2013
dmr37 wrote:
<quoted text>what a blowhard
I'm fighting all these evil forces attacking America. I have nothing to do with all bad happening in America. Thank you for your blind devotion!
New to this

Frankfort, IL

#7 Nov 18, 2013
Serious question ... Did anyone in New Lenox hear any warning sirens prior to or during the tornado in the area? We live at the south end of this lovely little hamlet and did not hear any sirens. I also thought Will County had a telephone robo-call system that was to be in place to warn of severe weather amongst other emergencies. Curious if others heard sirens and if so, a general vicinity. Thanks!
We heard sirens

Wheaton, IL

#8 Nov 18, 2013
New to this wrote:
Serious question ... Did anyone in New Lenox hear any warning sirens prior to or during the tornado in the area? We live at the south end of this lovely little hamlet and did not hear any sirens. I also thought Will County had a telephone robo-call system that was to be in place to warn of severe weather amongst other emergencies. Curious if others heard sirens and if so, a general vicinity. Thanks!
Live off of Laraway and Nelson roads we heard sirens.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#9 Nov 18, 2013
New to this wrote:
The sirens went off. Sometime around 1245pm. I live in the Rachael Ridge subdivision off Laraway Rd. Near the Berkots store.
go pete go

Joliet, IL

#10 Nov 18, 2013
Get your head out of your Rear & U would have heard them
New to this

Frankfort, IL

#11 Nov 18, 2013
Thank you to the serious responders; it's good to know the system is working.
LakewoodGuy

Chicago, IL

#12 Nov 18, 2013
New to this wrote:
Sirens are probably your very last line of defense and can sometimes come too late. If you have a smartphone, set it up to receive weather alerts. If you were watching the Bears game, you had all the info you needed to know right there. Ed Curran was talking for hours on end about what was coming, where, and what to do.
Happy in NL

New Lenox, IL

#14 Nov 19, 2013
We're off Laraway and Nelson as well and even though we were listening for the siren, we didn't hear it. Even on a clear day when they run the tests, we barely hear it.
Unincorporated

New Lenox, IL

#15 Nov 19, 2013
I thought this thread was about an Oldsmobile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brookstone Springs neighborhood watch. 32 min too retarded to r... 20
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 44 min dollars 4,485
Trump Is Putins Bitch !! 3 hr Sharky 4
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 4 hr Fraud 10,614
Neighborhood family puts on 1 1/2 hr fireworks... 6 hr party pooper 18
What kind of a man would vote for Hillary? What... 7 hr Sharky 46
"After Eight Years" 11 hr Shark News 8

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance