Why we love Manhattan Only
Mr. T

United States

#43 Mar 22, 2013
I agree
for sale

Schaumburg, IL

#44 Mar 22, 2013
detroit part 2 wrote:
<quoted text>So how many homes will you be buying to help assist those of us who want to move ? Mine is listed $60k less then I paid 6 years ago, and not one offer. This town is dead, the people just haven't figured it out yet.
I'm in the same boat!:(
Love Manhattan

United States

#45 Mar 22, 2013
detroit part 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So how many homes will you be buying to help assist those of us who want to move ? Mine is listed $60k less then I paid 6 years ago, and not one offer. This town is dead, the people just haven't figured it out yet.
Your situation is no different than the rest of the country. Living here has nothing to do with the real estate market it would have happened to you anywhere.
Love Manhattan

United States

#46 Mar 22, 2013
Love Manhattan wrote:
This is a great town. We have never regretted living here, raising our family here, or the friends we have made here. It's safe & relaxing, love our church, & schools.
If you don 't enjoy all of the above I feel sorry for you. You do need to leave and be happy someplace else.
Those who don't like our town need not post here. You would never be happy!
This was the original post. Really only care about why you like Manhattan. Not you inability to pay the mortgage on your house. Which candidate you do or do not like. Whether your old or new Manhattan.
Is it possible to just list what you like about Manhattan?????
for sale

Schaumburg, IL

#47 Mar 22, 2013
Love Manhattan wrote:
<quoted text>This was the original post. Really only care about why you like Manhattan. Not you inability to pay the mortgage on your house. Which candidate you do or do not like. Whether your old or new Manhattan.
Is it possible to just list what you like about Manhattan?????
No.
the elf of politics

Chicago, IL

#48 Mar 23, 2013
Love Manhattan wrote:
<quoted text>
This was the original post. Really only care about why you like Manhattan. Not you inability to pay the mortgage on your house. Which candidate you do or do not like. Whether your old or new Manhattan.
Is it possible to just list what you like about Manhattan?????
If I understand your posts you ask for two things. You also differentiate between "old" and "new" Manhattan. First you solicit what folks love about Manhattan only and secondly you solicit what folks like like or dislike about political candidates.

I must ask, are you really earnestly seeking your fellow citizen's thought and opinions, or are you being disingenious in your pusuit of responses? And if the later is the case of which is what I believe, then why?

Isn't "why" a different thread? And isn't the subject of why devoted to Doyle, the former mayor? Are you Doyle now attempting to throw a blanket over your reputation? By using a new thread to solict ideas that you could float as your own in the last week of the campaign (April 1 through April 9) Or perhaps you are Biscain doing all of the above with the very same motives? I could see that. Biscain and Doyle are adrift in the very same lifeboat with a single oar they are fighting over, all the while the patch on the botton is eroding loose.

Whom ever you are you don't care so much about the citizen's reading your posts as you do about your own political survival.
Frank

Manhattan, IL

#49 Mar 23, 2013
I like stuff about this town. Just not sure what they are.
Love Manhattan

United States

#50 Mar 23, 2013
the elf of politics wrote:
<quoted text>If I understand your posts you ask for two things. You also differentiate between "old" and "new" Manhattan. First you solicit what folks love about Manhattan only and secondly you solicit what folks like like or dislike about political candidates.
I must ask, are you really earnestly seeking your fellow citizen's thought and opinions, or are you being disingenious in your pusuit of responses? And if the later is the case of which is what I believe, then why?
Isn't "why" a different thread? And isn't the subject of why devoted to Doyle, the former mayor? Are you Doyle now attempting to throw a blanket over your reputation? By using a new thread to solict ideas that you could float as your own in the last week of the campaign (April 1 through April 9) Or perhaps you are Biscain doing all of the above with the very same motives? I could see that. Biscain and Doyle are adrift in the very same lifeboat with a single oar they are fighting over, all the while the patch on the botton is eroding loose.
Whom ever you are you don't care so much about the citizen's reading your posts as you do about your own political survival.
Why is this sooooo hard. I am not a candidate. Actually not happy with any of them. I simply tried to get everyone to realize we live in a nice town. I like it and hope you do too. That and only that was the reason for the post.
Funky Frank

Manhattan, IL

#51 Mar 23, 2013
Love Manhattan wrote:
<quoted optext>
Why is this sooooo hard. I am not a candidate. Actually not happy with any of them. I simply tried to get everyone to realize we live in a nice town. I like it and hope you do too. That and only that was the reason for the post.
this is not a nice town.
Stokin da flames

Manhattan, IL

#52 Mar 23, 2013
Borgo is a jackass and a coward for not showing to the debate. All of you stupid enough to have a yard sign up for that ass is just as stupid!!!
This Guy

Manhattan, IL

#53 Mar 24, 2013
For this town to be a "nice place" down town needs to be cleaned up. The buildings all look like crap, especially that big plastic covered blue and yellow building on the corner. Pizza 4 U looks like it's out of Detroit. If property owners in the old part of town had a little community pride things would not look like they do. There are some great old buildings here, but they are being let go. Not to mention this has to be the darkest town I've ever seen, is it that hard to put in some decent street lights? 52 needs new lighting all through town.

We need businesses, and no we don't need a walmart, but a decent General Store, maybe a sporting goods store. How about a gas station that sells AMERICAN gas? At least one fast food place would be nice as well.

Get rid of the bootleg 1980's technology of a Cable Company, and let people have choices. Get rid of the politicians that have been running this possibly great town into the ground, cleat it up, get businesses running, create jobs, and then this WILL be a great town.
the elf of politics

Chicago, IL

#54 Mar 24, 2013
Love Manhattan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is this sooooo hard. I am not a candidate. Actually not happy with any of them. I simply tried to get everyone to realize we live in a nice town. I like it and hope you do too. That and only that was the reason for the post.
You claim that you are not in politics, therefore you must be in religion. No secular person views this town with a shiny light like you do. The place needs a lot of repair.
for sale

Manhattan, IL

#55 Mar 24, 2013
This Guy wrote:
For this town to be a "nice place" down town needs to be cleaned up. The buildings all look like crap, especially that big plastic covered blue and yellow building on the corner. Pizza 4 U looks like it's out of Detroit. If property owners in the old part of town had a little community pride things would not look like they do. There are some great old buildings here, but they are being let go. Not to mention this has to be the darkest town I've ever seen, is it that hard to put in some decent street lights? 52 needs new lighting all through town.

We need businesses, and no we don't need a walmart, but a decent General Store, maybe a sporting goods store. How about a gas station that sells AMERICAN gas? At least one fast food place would be nice as well.

Get rid of the bootleg 1980's technology of a Cable Company, and let people have choices. Get rid of the politicians that have been running this possibly great town into the ground, cleat it up, get businesses running, create jobs, and then this WILL be a great town.
Nicely stated.
the elf of politics

Cicero, IL

#56 Mar 24, 2013
Start with tearing down the blue, yellow, maroon apt building. Turn that space into a nice center of town gathering space with all the appointments.
big daddy

Champaign, IL

#57 Mar 26, 2013
Yeah. And in four years the mayoral debates can be held right there. It would be perfect. Reroute traffic and have a festival type atmosphere with vendors. Could be good like that.
Thad

Manhattan, IL

#58 Mar 26, 2013
Elf and Daddy should get to gether and shit out some better ideas somewhere else...
big daddy

Chicago, IL

#59 Mar 26, 2013
Thad wrote:
Elf and Daddy should get to gether and shit out some better ideas somewhere else...
Thad, are you a certain someone's love child that is living in Borgo's shanty apt building? You don't want to be relocated, huh?
cutest redhead

Chicago, IL

#60 Mar 27, 2013
Here's a better idea. Put the past in the past. New blood with no ties to the past. Borgo and Doyle are equal in their collective failures. The grass isn't greener with either guy.
Mr. T

Kenosha, WI

#61 Mar 27, 2013
Nice job red
New 2 Town

Hobart, IN

#62 Mar 27, 2013
Is there anybody running that can give this town a fresh start? Or maybe even get a couple businesses to open up in the 20 empty buildings that are around town?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Sep '12) 9 min Maverick 808 783
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 43 min Too much integrity 3,257
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 1 hr Timing is everything 10,490
New poll shows MAJORITY of female voters.... 2 hr Appalled 11
Youre Smarter Than Sharky 5 hr Jim Carrey 3
Bill Clinton Pedophile 5 hr Rooty Toot Newt 49
So She Really Did Lie 5 hr Broomrider 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages