Fall Festival
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lths Family Grads

Lockport, IL

#1 Jun 19, 2013
We should have a Fall Festival in October at the Athletic Field, centrally located. It should have pumpkins, baled hay to sit on, hay rides for people and kids, singers under a staged area, crafts that are home made being sold, along with pumpkins and the like. It should be where people can come and enjoy the fun and it would be a real money maker. There should be a rain date also. It is hard to plan ahead but I think the community and outsiders if it is marketed correctly would have great interest in it. It should end at eleven o clock and begin on Saturday at nine am. It should be a two day thing. There should be NO annoyance to the neighbors. Many communities enjoy things like this. It might help to consult with the Christmas Crossroads people about it. They are certainly successful. It is possible it could be held at Lockport East somewhere but centrally located for folks to enjoy and parking is free. All entertainment should be free and the booths should be charged and the goods they will sell. It could be a real money maker for the ones that are interested. My family have gone to these things in other states and the people really come out. It could be an Apple Fest, A Pumpkin Fest, or a Fall Festival among other things. It is just an idea. It works in other communities because people love things that they can go to and browse around. You do not have to have ferris wheels or drinking. It will not attract people that are interested in that type of thing but families and visitors from afar.
lockporter

Lockport, IL

#2 Jun 19, 2013
Kononw's, Bengsten's, Siegels' Cottonwood Farms already do a great "fall festival." Support local businesses
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#3 Jun 19, 2013
lockporter wrote:
Kononw's, Bengsten's, Siegels' Cottonwood Farms already do a great "fall festival." Support local businesses
Ask yourself, are those places fairly priced? I see them as this all American family persona that love to gouge prices. Good republican businesses that pay their employees like migrant workers. It's ok though...they go to church.
Lockport

Lockport, IL

#4 Jun 19, 2013
st joes has octoberferst, lets have a beer garden and fest at the old A feild
Nacho Libre

Chicago, IL

#5 Jun 20, 2013
The village should celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Downtown Lockport.
That Germanic Guy

Harwood Heights, IL

#6 Jun 20, 2013
Bengstons is expensive as hell, and you don't even get a free pumpkin, those crooks.
Jerky Boy

Homer Glen, IL

#7 Jun 20, 2013
Lths Family Grads wrote:
You do not have to have ferris wheels or drinking.
No fun without drinking
The Red Baron

Chicago, IL

#8 Jun 20, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>Ask yourself, are those places fairly priced? I see them as this all American family persona that love to gouge prices. Good republican businesses that pay their employees like migrant workers. It's ok though...they go to church.
Their employees could always look for work elsewhere, nobody is holding a gun to their head. You and others also don't have to visit the farms, go someplace else if you think it's overpriced or are looking for another Government handout.
Community benefits

Lockport, IL

#9 Jun 20, 2013
Lths Family Grads wrote:
We should have a Fall Festival in October at the Athletic Field, centrally located. It should have pumpkins, baled hay to sit on, hay rides for people and kids, singers under a staged area, crafts that are home made being sold, along with pumpkins and the like. It should be where people can come and enjoy the fun and it would be a real money maker. There should be a rain date also. It is hard to plan ahead but I think the community and outsiders if it is marketed correctly would have great interest in it. It should end at eleven o clock and begin on Saturday at nine am. It should be a two day thing. There should be NO annoyance to the neighbors. Many communities enjoy things like this. It might help to consult with the Christmas Crossroads people about it. They are certainly successful. It is possible it could be held at Lockport East somewhere but centrally located for folks to enjoy and parking is free. All entertainment should be free and the booths should be charged and the goods they will sell. It could be a real money maker for the ones that are interested. My family have gone to these things in other states and the people really come out. It could be an Apple Fest, A Pumpkin Fest, or a Fall Festival among other things. It is just an idea. It works in other communities because people love things that they can go to and browse around. You do not have to have ferris wheels or drinking. It will not attract people that are interested in that type of thing but families and visitors from afar.
The profits from this would benefit our city and not some private organization. It sounds like a wonderful idea.
Community benefits

Lockport, IL

#10 Jun 22, 2013
We could use the money to put forth on projects that are badly needed in this city.
Lockport

Lockport, IL

#11 Jun 22, 2013
Who would organize this "Fall Festival"?

Why discuss something that isn't going to happen.
Community benefits

Lockport, IL

#12 Jun 22, 2013
Suggestions that would create money for the city is a good idea, whether it is now or in the future. It is just an idea. I have been to cities where volunteers that are very interested in their city will do a lot of work and not charge for it. It is a suggestion. St. Charles has such a city function and you cannot find a parking place. Christmas Crossroads benefiting the Women's Club is so successful that finding a parking place is difficult and that is in the winter. We need something different and some cities have an agenda that they have a lot of various things going on for the people that are truly money makers for the city. I am not interested in cars but Cruise Night is an example of how people like events. Anyway, I am not one to say that the idea will float but I think volunteers would love to show the city they care and it takes a lot of planning and preparation for such a thing.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#13 Jun 24, 2013
The Red Baron wrote:
<quoted text>
Their employees could always look for work elsewhere, nobody is holding a gun to their head. You and others also don't have to visit the farms, go someplace else if you think it's overpriced or are looking for another Government handout.
I don't give money to phony money grubbing scumbags...you can spot them easily. They usually pretend to have a Bible background and family values. You go hang with them Captain America.
Captain America

Chicago, IL

#14 Jun 25, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>I don't give money to phony money grubbing scumbags...you can spot them easily. They usually pretend to have a Bible background and family values. You go hang with them Captain America.
Who cares? you f'n Nazi!
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#15 Jul 2, 2013
Captain America wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? you f'n Nazi!
See you in church. You will get over that molestation someday... when you die pinhead.
You are right

Lockport, IL

#16 Jul 2, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>See you in church. You will get over that molestation someday... when you die pinhead.
It is either heaven or the hotseat!
Moses

Chicago, IL

#17 Jul 2, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>See you in church. You will get over that molestation someday... when you die pinhead.
Is your Priest over his molestation? He is probably banging your mom as well.
It is the latter

Lockport, IL

#18 Jul 2, 2013
It is the latter for the guy above! We have NO pity for a poor frustrated old guy that can dish out the medicine but sure can't take it! He wants to punish women. He sure is in the wrong community!
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#19 Jul 4, 2013
Moses wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your Priest over his molestation? He is probably banging your mom as well.
This guy posts when driving home and then posts out of Homer at other times. Very frustrated since his husband got elected to county board and doesn't take him antique shopping as often.
Picker

Chicago, IL

#20 Jul 4, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>This guy posts when driving home and then posts out of Homer at other times. Very frustrated since his husband got elected to county board and doesn't take him antique shopping as often.
I'm too busy antiquing your mommas face with my spew. She has a nice patina going.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Lenox Fire Department tax hike flops. 1 hr Moving 92
Last Post Wins (Sep '12) 9 hr quilterqueen 1,039
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' 14 hr So_da_lish_us 251
Trump the Turd in the Punchbowl 14 hr Lockport local 22
Lockport returns to glory days! 14 hr Lockport local 22
News Lockport looks to make downtown greener (Jan '07) 19 hr Lago Vista 7
Liberal Coup Dreams Die 23 hr HAHAHA 7

Joliet Jobs

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages