In the past 30 yrs, which mayor(s) of...

In the past 30 yrs, which mayor(s) of Lockport have.....

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Xquuzme

Homer Glen, IL

#1 Apr 25, 2013
Done the MOST GOOD for Lockport? And can you please describe specifics? I haven't lived here all that long and I'm interested to know which were the best mayor(s) we've had here and WHY they were the best. I have family that has lived here in Lockport since the Early 80's, but they've been workaholics who travelled a lot most of the time since moving here and did not pay attention to politics here in town whatsoever. I tried to research this on the internet, but I have been unable to find anything, so I'm hoping that there's people here that are knowledgeable about this? Thank you :)
Simon

Lockport, IL

#2 Apr 25, 2013
I have seen your screen name on other posts. Why are you interested in Mayors of the past? Could it be you are the one and only who never gives up on grudges that he holds near to him for accomplishments he never has done? Could be...is! It really does not matter you know. It is the present we are living in and we now have a new Mayor and you will go forward from this point. The reason is that on the internet stories get old and stale and no one that has any sense lives in the past anyway. People, most people, forget except one! We all know who that is!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Compative loser

Lockport, IL

#3 Apr 25, 2013
Why arent u interested in our future and the new Mayor that is taking over? Why are you constantly ragging on here about things that do not matter. You change names and start forums about the most ridiculous matters. You should worry about Lockport's future. You haven't lived here long. I just looked up posts on here and you have been posting under that name for a long time and suddenly you want a history lesson from us. Give us a break! Must mean your relatives were not interested enough to find out who represented them. Wow. Were they one of the 76%? Go ahead and rag on here. We are use to it. You see we want honesty not what your post denotes to me, in my opinion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Xquuzme

Homer Glen, IL

#4 Apr 25, 2013
Simon wrote:
I have seen your screen name on other posts. Why are you interested in Mayors of the past? Could it be you are the one and only who never gives up on grudges that he holds near to him for accomplishments he never has done? Could be...is! It really does not matter you know. It is the present we are living in and we now have a new Mayor and you will go forward from this point. The reason is that on the internet stories get old and stale and no one that has any sense lives in the past anyway. People, most people, forget except one! We all know who that is!
I don't know what you are talking about. If you don't have any knowledgeable information pertaining to my question to contribute, then please go insanely rant elsewhere.
Xquuzme

Homer Glen, IL

#5 Apr 25, 2013
Compative loser wrote:
Why arent u interested in our future and the new Mayor that is taking over? Why are you constantly ragging on here about things that do not matter. You change names and start forums about the most ridiculous matters. You should worry about Lockport's future. You haven't lived here long. I just looked up posts on here and you have been posting under that name for a long time and suddenly you want a history lesson from us. Give us a break! Must mean your relatives were not interested enough to find out who represented them. Wow. Were they one of the 76%? Go ahead and rag on here. We are use to it. You see we want honesty not what your post denotes to me, in my opinion.
Again, you are insane and must be mistaking me for someone else. Kindly refrain from ranting about matters that do not pertain to me. I pray that YOU are not indicative of the Lockport residents that post here on Topix.com .
Look

Lockport, IL

#6 Apr 25, 2013
I am a high school student and the way I would go about it is that you take a look at pictures in the early part of 2000 and 2005 and 2010 and then you find out who was Mayor when all that was built. It is fourteen years and as I get from the writings on here and looking around nothing has been built since 2010. I think all of the growth came in the latter part of 2000. My mom told me that and showed me pictures of Farrell Rd. before and it was a wasteland. I am 17 years old and that is how I would approach it and I would say congratulations to the Mayor/s that accomplished all the building east of Farrell Road, Lockport and that beautiful Medical Center where I go. Also my mom shops at Aldi food store which was built in that time era. That is a heck of a lot. Well, goodnight and hope you got the drift of my conversation. I think everything is moving right now in surrounding communities so soon they will come here, my mom hopes. I think it is gonna happen.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Compative loser

Homer Glen, IL

#7 Apr 26, 2013
Why arent u interested in my future and my adventures with the new Mayor that is taking over my anus? Why am I constantly roid-raging on here about things that do not matter?? TELL ME WHY???? I change names and hijack ALL forums about the most ridiculous of my gay sexcapades. You should worry about Lockport's future. You haven't lived here long. I just looked up at streit's face for the first time and fell in love and I can't help it but I should be postulating, bent-over, under that new mayor for a long time and suddenly I want a historical homosexual lesson from streit. Don't Give that penis a break! Must mean my parents were brother and sister and not interested enough to find out who photographed them. Wow. Were they one of the 76% of incestuous spawn in my bloodline? I'll Go ahead and roid-rage on here. I am use to it. You see I want horny mayor not what your pretty face does to me, I'm a man who loves men, in my daily life.
Reggie

Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 26, 2013
Robert Wynveen was a good mayor!!!!
interesting

Lockport, IL

#9 Apr 26, 2013
Reggie wrote:
Robert Wynveen was a good mayor!!!!
What were his accomplishments as far as development goes? How long ago was that and did he do anything special for this town of ours? Reggie, tell us.
Life is good

Lockport, IL

#10 Apr 26, 2013
I just asked someone and he is 74 yrs. of age. That must have been before any accomplishments and ancient days of yore! Who really cares at this point? It seems some people are fixated on the past instead of the future! Let's move forward not backwards as the last council did! The Mayor for the last four years and this council were enough to set the city back on its heels for a long time. Hopefully this council and the new Mayor can figure out how to get rooftops built and development. Everyone has been scared away by the tactics and now there is a lack of money thanks to them and their mismanagement and lack of skills as business people. The last two need to move on. An ant could beat them in an election with the percentage loss on their part. Lockport is moving on! Steve Streit has his turn now and the new members. Congrats to all of them and let's make our city one of the best to visit and shop and eat in fine restaurants. Life is good! Thoughts and ideas has it right. They think they are giving orders yet==they are in for the shock of their life! They speak when spoken to! Robert's Rules are in place now. No more disrespect! None! The citizens own this town! We are the government! Rag on and rant on and steal my name==we know who you are and it does not get you any votes. Rag on!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Life is good

Homer Glen, IL

#11 Apr 26, 2013
Life is good wrote:
I just asked someone how old he thought I looked and he said 74 yrs. of age. That must have been before I made any attempt to put a girdle on my beergut and the many ancient days of swallowing ejaculate! Who really cares at this point? It seems some people are fixated on the past instead of the future! Let the new mayor move forward while I move backwards heheheheh as the last homoerotic tryst we had did! The Mayor for the next four years and his closet are enough to excite me and sit naked on my heels for a long time. Hopefully the new Mayor can figure out how to get man cages built and develop a way to incorporate our homoerotic trysts into a daily thing. Everyone has been scared away by my std's and now there is a lack of puss-free foreskin thanks to my mismanagement and lack of skills as a male prostitute. The last two of my brain cells need to move on. An ant could beat me with an erection larger than mine! Especially with the puss-free foreskin on my part. Well, this big anus is moving on from prostitution! Steve Streit has his turn now with my male body, exclusively. Congrats to all of my previous customers and let me make my corpulent self one of the best to sexually pleasure the mayor and get drunk every morning and eat anal excrement in Streit's fine orifice. Life is good! Thoughts and ideas is an eproctolagniac scatophagus like myself. We think we are hircine yet==we are in for the shock of our life because we also appear capric! We speak gowk when spoken to! MY Rules are in place now. No more disrespect! None! The mayor owns my brown hole! We (thoughts & Ideas & I) are the Badaud in this town! I will Rag on and rant on and steal thousands of names==The new mayor knows who I am and it does get my keister excited. Rag on!
I just asked someone how old he thought I looked and he said 74 yrs. of age. That must have been before I made any attempt to put a girdle on my beergut and the many ancient days of swallowing ejaculate! Who really cares at this point? It seems some people are fixated on the past instead of the future! Let the new mayor move forward while I move backwards heheheheh as the last homoerotic tryst we had did! The Mayor for the next four years and his closet are enough to excite me and sit naked on my heels for a long time. Hopefully the new Mayor can figure out how to get man cages built and develop a way to incorporate our homoerotic trysts into a daily thing. Everyone has been scared away by my std's and now there is a lack of puss-free foreskin thanks to my mismanagement and lack of skills as a male prostitute. The last two of my brain cells need to move on. An ant could beat me with an erection larger than mine! Especially with the puss-free foreskin on my part. Well, this big anus is moving on from prostitution! Steve Streit has his turn now with my male body, exclusively. Congrats to all of my previous customers and let me make my corpulent self one of the best to sexually pleasure the mayor and get drunk every morning and eat anal excrement in Streit's fine orifice. Life is good! Thoughts and ideas is an eproctolagniac scatophagus like myself. We think we are hircine yet==we are in for the shock of our life because we also appear capric! We speak gowk when spoken to! MY Rules are in place now. No more disrespect! None! The mayor owns my brown hole! We (thoughts & Ideas & I) are the only badaud in this town! I will Rag on and rant on and steal thousands of names==The new mayor knows who I am and it does get my keister excited. Rag on!
lockport

Lockport, IL

#12 Apr 27, 2013
Life is good wrote:
<quoted text>
I just asked someone how old he thought I looked and he said 74 yrs. of age. That must have been before I made any attempt to put a girdle on my beergut and the many ancient days of swallowing ejaculate! Who really cares at this point? It seems some people are fixated on the past instead of the future! Let the new mayor move forward while I move backwards heheheheh as the last homoerotic tryst we had did! The Mayor for the next four years and his closet are enough to excite me and sit naked on my heels for a long time. Hopefully the new Mayor can figure out how to get man cages built and develop a way to incorporate our homoerotic trysts into a daily thing. Everyone has been scared away by my std's and now there is a lack of puss-free foreskin thanks to my mismanagement and lack of skills as a male prostitute. The last two of my brain cells need to move on. An ant could beat me with an erection larger than mine! Especially with the puss-free foreskin on my part. Well, this big anus is moving on from prostitution! Steve Streit has his turn now with my male body, exclusively. Congrats to all of my previous customers and let me make my corpulent self one of the best to sexually pleasure the mayor and get drunk every morning and eat anal excrement in Streit's fine orifice. Life is good! Thoughts and ideas is an eproctolagniac scatophagus like myself. We think we are hircine yet==we are in for the shock of our life because we also appear capric! We speak gowk when spoken to! MY Rules are in place now. No more disrespect! None! The mayor owns my brown hole! We (thoughts & Ideas & I) are the only badaud in this town! I will Rag on and rant on and steal thousands of names==The new mayor knows who I am and it does get my keister excited. Rag on!
this is why you don't let your kids use drugs
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#13 Apr 27, 2013
I believe Mitchell was competent, He was following Dystrup who was a terrific people person but got caught by a terrible flood and incomplete systems to handle the water. Growth will come when our income and spending habits can support it in Lockport. Government giveaways to attract business just delay (the tax benefits) for decades of having new business. We hope the new guy can shape a good future, but without the downtown in proper form moderate to higher income people will choose other communities to settle. It is economics folks, not magic.
Tom Kelleeey

Lockport, IL

#14 Apr 27, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
I believe Mitchell was competent, He was following Dystrup who was a terrific people person but got caught by a terrible flood and incomplete systems to handle the water. Growth will come when our income and spending habits can support it in Lockport. Government giveaways to attract business just delay (the tax benefits) for decades of having new business. We hope the new guy can shape a good future, but without the downtown in proper form moderate to higher income people will choose other communities to settle. It is economics folks, not magic.
So, you too would not give incentives, just like Mr. Big Shot now Mr. Little Shot! Keep it up and see where we go--just where we are now. Economics is sales tax! Companies go where they get incentives and there are enough rooftops to support a business. It is just economics, folks!
Half of loaf of bread

Lockport, IL

#15 Apr 27, 2013
I agree as you are not giving it out of your pocket. You are taking in half of the incentive to give them an incentive. Frankfort, New Lenox, Romeoville, Bolingbrook, etc. all gave incentives and look what they have compared to Lockport. The building all stopped and it is Mayor Streit now. By the way, list the accomplishments or building from the ground up businesses that appeal to our community. I differ with you on the Mayors you listed. I did not see anything done here by them at all. I do think one of them is associated with Robinson and is an ok guy but business sense..no. I do not care if they are divorced, etc. that is their personal business but when it comes to the city I do care what is done with the taxpayer's dollar. So far, the last few years, nothing has been done at all. All I see is rented storefronts. I do not call that progress. I see the surrounding cities booming and taking in sales tax and we are sitting still. The new guy..is Mayor Streit and he will work hard to undo what has been left for a Mayor to do with any business sense. We have a lot of catching up to do. Everyone is entitled to their opinion even the nut on here who is a sex pervert. I think those comments are useless and degrading that someone would make. I think it shows a great lack of respect for human dignity.
Annie Hall

Lockport, IL

#16 Apr 27, 2013
He has nothing to do except sit and be a serial poster on here. The fact he steals names and writes filthy stuff shows he is a moron!
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#17 Apr 27, 2013
Tom Kelleeey wrote:
<quoted text> So, you too would not give incentives, just like Mr. Big Shot now Mr. Little Shot! Keep it up and see where we go--just where we are now. Economics is sales tax! Companies go where they get incentives and there are enough rooftops to support a business. It is just economics, folks!
To a degree incentives may bring business, but if your population can't support the business it is not coming anyway. I am happy Mr Streit won and the climate is friendlier now. The tollway was locked in before Walmart had any interest in Lockport and the 2007 downturn stopped Home Depot and the growth by the Tollway. You are going to get your Applebees,Chilis, two or three big boxes just like every other cookie cutter American town by a interstate. It got delayed by economics not the troll we let put a majority together by our lack of attention in voting. Economics also involves lost property tax (incentive giveaways) and damage done to your community by tying up police on retail theft calls and future blight by allowing Big Boxes to run all over you by building next to your high school. Look at that disaster strip center design by Mcdonalds and Dunkin Doughnuts. All I am saying is be balanced and have some backbone in your drive to host the retail saviors you all seek. Did anyone notice how both majority and minority council members flipped to opposite sides on the Texaco project. Nice to see how a election can reverse these things. Looks like we may have the character on that council we had before. Funny how all these people on both sides reversed their views. How does the average voter just move past these big signals? Because you are too busy picking sides and you just forget about your core values. I want people that maintain beliefs after the election....the new group and old group just flip flopped. They have not been sworn in yet!
Business sense

Lockport, IL

#18 Apr 27, 2013
2800 people walked into the polls and voted for Steve Streit and the new council. I think they feel that they would be well satisfied with an Applebees, Olive Garden, Home Depot or Lowes, Chilis, etc. I think you are using a philosophy that is not going to work with developers! Notice how the developers stayed away from Lockport with that group. The center where Home Depot was to go is shovel ready and ready to go! This group has turned down outside development. Have you gone pass Walmart lately in the peak of the day. There is not even a parking place. You call it big box I call it development. I think it is fine and I have core values. The 2800 people want development! The new council can't do any worse than this present group who made all the bad decisions and got us nowhere. Flip flop or whatever we have gone to the swamps with them! The money has flowed out of city hall with their so called majority like we were giving it away. Well, I guess you could say we did! Give these people a chance and hopefully we will bring back the glory days of the last part of 2000 when developers considered Lockport like they do surrounding towns and we had a staff/Mayor/community that knew how to run a town. It is time! You have your opinion and I have mine! I think mine is right! Give incentives and use the sales tax to do other things sorely needed or stay where we are...nowhere!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#19 Apr 27, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>To a degree incentives may bring business, but if your population can't support the business it is not coming anyway. I am happy Mr Streit won and the climate is friendlier now. The tollway was locked in before Walmart had any interest in Lockport and the 2007 downturn stopped Home Depot and the growth by the Tollway. You are going to get your Applebees,Chilis, two or three big boxes just like every other cookie cutter American town by a interstate. It got delayed by economics not the troll we let put a majority together by our lack of attention in voting. Economics also involves lost property tax (incentive giveaways) and damage done to your community by tying up police on retail theft calls and future blight by allowing Big Boxes to run all over you by building next to your high school. Look at that disaster strip center design by Mcdonalds and Dunkin Doughnuts. All I am saying is be balanced and have some backbone in your drive to host the retail saviors you all seek. Did anyone notice how both majority and minority council members flipped to opposite sides on the Texaco project. Nice to see how a election can reverse these things. Looks like we may have the character on that council we had before. Funny how all these people on both sides reversed their views. How does the average voter just move past these big signals? Because you are too busy picking sides and you just forget about your core values. I want people that maintain beliefs after the election....the new group and old group just flip flopped. They have not been sworn in yet!
Mostly I just come here to the Lockport section to read about what's going on in town and I just wanted to say, I don't understand why your posts get shoddy ratings......you seem like quite the informative dude.....Is that why? lol Jealousy?

Anyway, regarding this good point you made:

"Because you are too busy picking sides and you just forget about your core values."

From what I've studied so far, I learned that it's been like that since the beginning of civilization, and it's why racism has been going strong for thousands of years.....Those in power encourage and promote it because if we're all busy hating on each other, then we're all too busy to be paying attention to what those in power are doing.

This seems to be quite prevalent on this forum based on what I've been reading. Rather than resident users really getting involved, such as trying to get to the root of Lockport's issues and discuss sound solutions or ideas, it appears as though the only reason some users post on here is to either bash one another (usually in regard to their chosen politician) or to bash Lockport's politicians. It doesn't make any sense. This is exactly how the not-so-liked politicians get voted in. Do people vote for a particular politician solely because it gives them something to come here and gripe about? That's what seems happened with the elections before last.

Keep posting Barry Goldwater! Don't let the Jealousy deter you ;)
Pro Development

Lockport, IL

#20 Apr 28, 2013
Tim Murphy did the most for the city because he removed incompetent staff and brought in all kinds of development. He also began the process of taking care of our roads and water, which had been ignored up until that point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fairmont board doing wonders! 36 min Cherry 20
Unreal Shi_ 4 Brains 5 hr MPMMB 10
What can we do to get American's off of food st... 6 hr Survey Says 60
What happened to the Democratic Party? 8 hr MPMMB 140
breaking news!!!!! 8 hr MPMMB 248
10 ideas Republicans loved until Barack Obama b... 8 hr MPMMB 3
OJ's Free Again 8 hr Donald J Trump 30

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance