New Lenox welcomes more retailers

New Lenox welcomes more retailers

There are 11 comments on the The Southtown Star story from Oct 15, 2013, titled New Lenox welcomes more retailers. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

A Petco and two clothing stores - T.J. Maxx and Ross Dress for Less - will join Walmart in the New Lenox Town Center, in the 500 block of East Lincoln Highway, Development Director Nancy Hoehn announced Monday at the village board meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

Shopaholic

New Lenox, IL

#1 Oct 15, 2013
NL is doing a pretty decent job of filling up that area around Wal Mart. Petco, IHOP, Culvers and more. Should be full by next year!
dmr37

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 16, 2013
Shopaholic wrote:
NL is doing a pretty decent job of filling up that area around Wal Mart. Petco, IHOP, Culvers and more. Should be full by next year!
still waiting for Menards to be built
Right direction

Oak Lawn, IL

#3 Oct 16, 2013
dmr37 wrote:
<quoted text>still waiting for Menards to be built
How about it. When is Menards coming????
Confussed

Oak Lawn, IL

#4 Oct 16, 2013
dmr37 wrote:
<quoted text>still waiting for Menards to be built
How about it. When is Menards coming???
Neighborly

New Lenox, IL

#5 Oct 16, 2013
I'm happy for these additions. Yea, for TJ Maxx, especially. Occasionally I can find a classic there at a genuine bargain price.

That said, I see a lot of new clothes sold these days are being seemingly made for instant gratification and almost as instant disposability. So, then you can buy it at Ross or TJs next summer and donate it when you've grown tired of it, or it's fallen apart, at the conveniently located drive-up at Goodwill next fall.
Home Depot

Gurnee, IL

#6 Oct 17, 2013
Confussed wrote:
<quoted text>How about it. When is Menards coming???
I heard Menards is opening in 2015.They can always put 10 more fast food places in if it doesn't.
Mallow Man

New Lenox, IL

#8 Oct 17, 2013
Home Depot wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard Menards is opening in 2015.They can always put 10 more fast food places in if it doesn't.
I heard they are going to build a Handy Andy, Silo Electronics, Sambos restaurant and a Bennigans along side of the A&P store
Really

New Lenox, IL

#9 Oct 20, 2013
These stores are a sign that an area is trashy....great!!
Bargains for All

Chicago, IL

#10 Oct 20, 2013
Wow! We soon will have all the same stores that are in Matteson. No more trips east down route 30. Yippee! More crap from China.

e soon on !
moneybags

Bolingbrook, IL

#11 Oct 20, 2013
Neighborly wrote:
I'm happy for these additions. Yea, for TJ Maxx, especially. Occasionally I can find a classic there at a genuine bargain price.
That said, I see a lot of new clothes sold these days are being seemingly made for instant gratification and almost as instant disposability. So, then you can buy it at Ross or TJs next summer and donate it when you've grown tired of it, or it's fallen apart, at the conveniently located drive-up at Goodwill next fall.
Gotta love Goodwill, I just can't get enough of it!!!! I have to stop in twice a day to look for my treasures,it's the best thing to happen to new lenox in years!!!!!
Gunner

Mokena, IL

#12 Oct 26, 2013
It about the tax $$. All is good. If want to live high end then move to Naperville.I'm happy here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christmas in the commons by Ebenzer Baldermann 3 hr Adolph H 12
What next, recount the recount? 3 hr M-14 Rifle 21
Lockport murders 3 hr Jim Webb 15
Trump and Political Correctness 4 hr Appalled 102
SWAT trucks at Target 4 hr Professor 5
Romeoville baseballs matt bottcher commits D1 (Nov '14) 8 hr Reality check 6
If you can't afford The Creamery 19 hr george 14

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages