First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fireman

Aurora, IL

#23 Feb 10, 2013
hold on wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact I would imagine that on an extremely dark road it would be very difficult to see someone inside a vehicle that is speeding past and be able to see if they are on a cell phone. So the cover of darkness may actually hinder the NLPD ability to see someone on said phone.
Yeah, RIGHT. I believe that statement like I believe the Cubs will win the World Series this year.

Since the early 1900's cars have had headlights.

And for many years cop cars have had Mars lights.

Get real.
Fireman

Aurora, IL

#24 Feb 10, 2013
As people have said on here before, crime in NL pays only if it's of the petty variety.

When a cop nails someone for a few miles over the limit, it'as an easy $120 in 10 minutes for the village. If it's a construction zone or school zone it's much more but again a relatively easy and safe task.

Now stopping REAL crime is a different story. How long were people cobbing catalytic converters in the Metra lot? Months and months. The thefts cost the citizens who were victimized. Meanwhile, there were NLPD squads racking up scores of tickets just fractions of a mile away on US 30.

Had the village patrolled the hell out of the lot (they admitted they weren't) and perhaps had to come face-to-face with some savages wgho were steling all the while, that would have cost them money and loss of safety. Instead, getting out the radar guns and shooting fish in a barrel rakes in the dough.
hold on

Wheaton, IL

#25 Feb 10, 2013
Fireman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, RIGHT. I believe that statement like I believe the Cubs will win the World Series this year.
Since the early 1900's cars have had headlights.
And for many years cop cars have had Mars lights.
Get real.
So its your contention that the NLPD is behind the lack of lighting on U.S. route 30 so they can catch speeders. But then they turn on their headlights and mars lights to see cell phones in the dark which are now more than small enough to conceal in your hand. And you want me to get real. Get a clue. You have no idea what the hell you are talking about. And if any municipality gives you a $120 ticket, the towns cut is under $10 now. The majority goes to the clerks office, the circuit court, states attorneys office or prosecuting attorneys office, etc etc. Its seem pretty obvious that you got ticketed for these offenses and cant get over it. This entire thread had less to do with your concern over a lack of lighting than it did over your desire to criticize the NLPD. Life is short move on, get over it. Or next time just start another thread straight up bashing NLPD, those go over big on this site. Make sure you are clear in the thread title that its about bashing the NLPD, probably most of the bashers missed this one with the obscure title.
Fireman

Aurora, IL

#26 Feb 11, 2013
hold on wrote:
<quoted text>
So its your contention that the NLPD is behind the lack of lighting on U.S. route 30 so they can catch speeders. But then they turn on their headlights and mars lights to see cell phones in the dark which are now more than small enough to conceal in your hand. And you want me to get real. Get a clue. You have no idea what the hell you are talking about. And if any municipality gives you a $120 ticket, the towns cut is under $10 now. The majority goes to the clerks office, the circuit court, states attorneys office or prosecuting attorneys office, etc etc. Its seem pretty obvious that you got ticketed for these offenses and cant get over it. This entire thread had less to do with your concern over a lack of lighting than it did over your desire to criticize the NLPD. Life is short move on, get over it. Or next time just start another thread straight up bashing NLPD, those go over big on this site. Make sure you are clear in the thread title that its about bashing the NLPD, probably most of the bashers missed this one with the obscure title.
No one said that the NLPD is behind there being no new street lights on US 30. Go back to 4th grade and brush up on your literal reading comprehension.

You're wrong a few times, Barney Fife. My main concern about the new road is that it's difficult to see turn offs and such in the darkness.

As far as getting nailed on US 30, nope. I obey all speed limits and wish all people would. I know, however, of all too many people who have been Mickey Moused in this town by the cops.

By the way, show us evidence that says the village gets only $10 out of each $120 ticket. No way I'll believe that figure without sources. A person gets pulled over, sends her $120 to the county and then a clerk records the data. Of course the Illinois Sec of State gets a record of this, too, as they should.

No way that should eat up $110.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#27 Feb 11, 2013
Just Me wrote:
I'm hoping its just not fully completed yet and that they'll have lighting on all cross roads at the very least!
dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb little bumb who i hope no chum will ever come to see u plum :P
hold on

Wheaton, IL

#28 Feb 12, 2013
Fireman wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said that the NLPD is behind there being no new street lights on US 30. Go back to 4th grade and brush up on your literal reading comprehension.
You're wrong a few times, Barney Fife. My main concern about the new road is that it's difficult to see turn offs and such in the darkness.
As far as getting nailed on US 30, nope. I obey all speed limits and wish all people would. I know, however, of all too many people who have been Mickey Moused in this town by the cops.
By the way, show us evidence that says the village gets only $10 out of each $120 ticket. No way I'll believe that figure without sources. A person gets pulled over, sends her $120 to the county and then a clerk records the data. Of course the Illinois Sec of State gets a record of this, too, as they should.
No way that should eat up $110.
Barney Fife, how incredibly original, you are a comedic genius. You should trademark that put down. Never heard it before.
Now here is a little list of who gets money from a traffic ticket. This information was in the state journal register newspaper in Springfield. Circuit clerk, states attorney, automation fee, document storage fee,court security,court systems, criminal surcharge, drivers ed fee, trauma fund-traffic, police vehicle fee,clerks operation and administration fee, review board fee and issuing agency. I will admit I dont know the exact amount but believe me its not much. As you can see from the list, lots of slices from the pie. Where the towns have started to make more money is from the administrative or tow release fees from vehicles towed due to arrest. Most towns are now charging between $250-500 and that is money that goes to the town. Most towns actually get more money from a municipally written parking ticket than a speeding ticket these days. Again less slices to be doled out.

The problem with traffic enforcement is that you have some people yelling that all these guys do is traffic. And then you have more people yelling that nobody is doing anything about all the terrible driving and we need more enforcement. And then its always the get the other guy but no me. Yes I want someone ticketed for speeding down my street, but not me or someone I know for doing the same thing. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.
The Facts

Aurora, IL

#30 Feb 12, 2013
hold on wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney Fife, how incredibly original, you are a comedic genius. You should trademark that put down. Never heard it before.
I will admit I dont know the exact amount but believe me its not much.
All right, Officer Raymer ("Nobody's Fool" 1996), does that make you feel better?

I demanded that you produce facts and all you produced are generalizations. Facts are stubborn things that can't be bullshitted away. The War of 1812 ended in 1814, the Flubs haven't been in a World Series since 1945, and I-80 is an interstate highway. All of those are FACTS. I'm not going to place any credence in your statements any more than a traffic court judge would believe you if you attempted to make a speeding rap stick by saying, "Your honor, Mrs. Smith was going somewhere around 40 MPH."

Now get out your radar toy and your tickey booky and do your duty.

And if you come back here, have facts at your disposal.
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#32 Feb 12, 2013
hose grabber wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be a busy day of washing cars and grilling out at the firehouse.
Demanding things on Topix? Give it up Internet Tough Guy, you want something, find it yourself. Sounds like you have more than enough time on your hands if you sit on here and tell other people how to do their jobs. Demanding things on topix? What a tool.
He's not a fireman anymore than he is Neighbor, Professor or Four More Years when he posts under their names. Other than that, I pretty much agree with the rest of your post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 1 hr Tom 7,392
Local politics 2 hr Newbie 12
What a vote for Bruce Rauner means! 2 hr Doe 39
Welcome To Chicago Ebola! 4 hr Four More Years 28
Lawn cutting for the 2015 season! 5 hr Mr Lawn 1
Darrell,Plea for Koch Brothers Donation 6 hr Four More Years 7
Log Jammed Again 6 hr Lockport local 7
Joliet Dating
Find my Match

Joliet Jobs