Where is Steve Streit?

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Coach

Lisle, IL

#1 Jan 19, 2013
I am supporting Steve Streit but he is no where to be seen or heard. I haven't heard him on WJOL or read about him in the newspapers.

Is he getting out of the race? It must be tough to run for Mayor but you have to get out there and talk about issues. Tell people what your expertise is and how it will help Lockport. He should tell people about all the experience he has in Lockport and how he has made the organizations better.

Good luck Steve.

GDS

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 19, 2013
Coach wrote:
I am supporting Steve Streit but he is no where to be seen or heard. I haven't heard him on WJOL or read about him in the newspapers.

Is he getting out of the race? It must be tough to run for Mayor but you have to get out there and talk about issues. Tell people what your expertise is and how it will help Lockport. He should tell people about all the experience he has in Lockport and how he has made the organizations better.

Good luck Steve.
Not that I'm campaigning for him but he does have a website that answers some of the above questions.

I must say that's more than his opponent has. Can't we ask the same questions of them both ?

Why does Kelly Turner get a pass and Streit does not ?
Better days ahead

Lockport, IL

#3 Jan 19, 2013
Steve Streit has been to my house and we had a great conversation. He and his organization is out full force campaigning. They are not sitting behind a computer as his opponent is doing thinking up names all day and getting nowhere. He has contributed much and the opponent has contributed zero! Look around and you see the stores and medical center built by Mayor Murphey and staff. Then you look around and you see the rented store fronts....whoopeee what an accomplished group of banding together nothingness. We are going places with Steve....development again..sit down restaurants of quality...and guess what, you will not have to travel out of neighboring towns to get what you want. He is also for stores of quality. He is one smart man with a business sense and that is what Lockport needs again. We are at a standstill and have been since business minds are not there anymore. The last of the staff has resigned! Now we just have the cheese eating banding together of the slate people that call themselves independent but vote the same way the old alderman Kelly does. LOOK FORWARD TO BETTER DAYS AHEAD WITH LOCKPORT IN THE LEAD AGAIN VS. IN THE MUD AS IT IS NOW...WITH A BAD REPUTATION THANKS TO THE MOUTHS OF THE OLDSTERS REPRESENTING OUR CITY. LETS MOVE FORWARD!!!!! BETTER DAYS ARE AHEAD!!!! VOTE STEVE, BRIAN, BOB P. AND YOU WILL SEE A BIG DIFFERENCE ESP. IN THE SLEEPY OLD TOWN IT HAS BECOME IN THE LAST FEW YEARS WITH NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, TO GET EXCITED ABOUT. IT IS IN WITH A NEW MAYOR WHO WILL SPEAK FOR YOU...STEVE STREIT.
Coach

Wheaton, IL

#4 Jan 19, 2013
Websites are not campaigning. Turner puts up websites and mail every campaign with his stuff on it. Turner has been elected 3 times to the council and came with in a couple of votes against Trivedi. Don't be fooled, a lot of people know who Turner is and vote for him.

Steve needs to engage in the current issues and get his voice on the radio and his quotes in the paper.

I run in to people all the time who don't know who he is. When I tell them, they say they don't care about the downtown. Steve needs to tell people why he has the knowledge and experience to run a city.

It's hard to support a guy who isn't out in public.
You are a phony

Lockport, IL

#5 Jan 19, 2013
Coach wrote:
Good luck Steve.
He has put his profile on the internet, that is more than his opponent has done. He goes to the people directly not indirectly as the other guy is famous for. He is in this race and he will win. He does not have to follow Kelly's rules, no one does. He is an elected representative who is suppose to be INDEPENDENT. THAT IS A LAUGH! Your post is a giveaway. You are a shameful person talking about the Chamber. You are full of it! Steve is one of many reputable people on there who gave unselfishly of their time. You sir are a phony!!! You are easy to see through like a paper bag!
Coach

Wheaton, IL

#6 Jan 19, 2013
Better Days, you are the same person who is on here all the time. Don't be fooled by your own wishes. You may want Steve to win, but you can't speak for him. If you are the only one speaking for him then people will think Steve is weak and afraid.

I want to hear from Steve not people talking for him. I am worried that he isn't up to the job and you coming on here to talk for him doesn't help.
Coach

Wheaton, IL

#7 Jan 19, 2013
Talking down and insulting people who are for Steve makes him look isolated. If he wins, will it be hard to talk to him or will you do it for him?

I can't see through paper bags. I do want to hear from Steve and not you. If you were running for mayor I would want to hear from you, but honestly, we hear from you all the time. I don't want a mayor who can't talk for himself.

Steve get out there, let's hear from you.
Lockport Opinion

Lockport, IL

#8 Jan 19, 2013
GDS wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I'm campaigning for him but he does have a website that answers some of the above questions.
I must say that's more than his opponent has. Can't we ask the same questions of them both ?
Why does Kelly Turner get a pass and Streit does not ?
Sorry, but the website is kind of lame and I would expect more content and a nicer site from a website developer.

You need a better presence to beat Turner. Give us some more info and specifics about what you want to do for the city. Bullet points aren't enough because you are an unknown. We need more info.
the trickster

Lockport, IL

#9 Jan 19, 2013
Coach wrote:
Talking down and insulting people who are for Steve makes him look isolated. If he wins, will it be hard to talk to him or will you do it for him?
I can't see through paper bags. I do want to hear from Steve and not you. If you were running for mayor I would want to hear from you, but honestly, we hear from you all the time. I don't want a mayor who can't talk for himself.
He is up to his old tricks. He is so private about everything but you, Steve, need to put it all out there. Bunk...bunk...bunk...I don't want a Mayor that has a reputation of taking our taxpayer's money and giving it away and we get NOTHING!!! Thanks, coach....another name...another silly statement. Tom K. sees through paper bags, I hear. You want to hear from Steve, first let's hear from Turner, where is your profile? I know...you don't have one! No vision, no vote! Quit it with your tricks, paper bagger! Why aren't you out there knocking on doors? HaHaHaa! We got your number, little guy, or pudge!
the trickster

Lockport, IL

#10 Jan 19, 2013
Coach wrote:
This is Kelly trying to use another approach. We were not born yesterday, as he thinks! Sorry, buddy, you are not fooling anyone but yourself! Where is Kelly T.'s profile? I know nothing but what I have seen on TV and that is not good! I would rather vote for Mickey Mouse than him! He is so secretive....but Steve needs to be more open. Give us a break! He gives residents no answers and hides! He is a sorry candidate! Steve will make a wonderful Mayor!
the trickster

Lockport, IL

#11 Jan 19, 2013
Coach wrote:
a hoax, Wheaton Kelly!
the trickster

Lockport, IL

#12 Jan 19, 2013
Coach wrote:
Websites are not campaigning. Turner puts up websites and mail every campaign with his stuff on it. Turner has been elected 3 times to the council and came with in a couple of votes against Trivedi. Don't be fooled, a lot of people know who Turner is and vote for him.
Steve needs to engage in the current issues and get his voice on the radio and his quotes in the paper.
I run in to people all the time who don't know who he is. When I tell them, they say they don't care about the downtown. Steve needs to tell people why he has the knowledge and experience to run a city.
a hoax by Kelly! Don't fall for it! People want to talk to you at the door and that is what you do. Get a grass root effort started. Plenty of people want a new Mayor with some innovative ideas. You go straight to the people not postcards and lies on them! People fell for that once but not again! Go straight to the house and they will know you are interested in listening (which they have shown they are not making fools of the residents over and over).
Coach

Wheaton, IL

#13 Jan 19, 2013
Trickster, you might try being less paranoid. There are people who want to see what Steve is all about. Your paranoid rants are hilarious. You do need help.

Steve needs to communicate on his own and without you, you aren't helping his cause. You will scare away more people than you will bring in. Trying to be his guardian is kind of weird.

Steve isn't known at all and Turner is. Most people know where Turner stands, because he's in the papers and on the radio. Steve is not.
Green Acres

Lockport, IL

#14 Jan 19, 2013
Thanks, Wheaton Kelly. You want to direct him and you cannot do it! Your advice is sludge! We don't follow you, you follow us! We are running our own campaign, you run yours .. not letting anyone know anything except TALK ABOUT THE OTHER GUY. THAT IS YOUR PHILOSPHY. iT IS NOT WORKING, WHEATON KELLY, OR LOMBARD KELLY! YOU GOT ONE THING RIGHT..TURNER IS KNOWN...AND THAT WILL BE HIS DOWNFALL AT ELECTION! NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE NEWSPAPERS OR HAVE YOU HEARD OR THE RADIO...WE HAVE THE INTERNET. WHERE IS YOUR WEBSITE, BIG SHOT? THE INTERNET WINS ELECTIONS AND GOING TO PEOPLE'S HOMES. YOU ARE WAY OUT OF IT! KEEP YOUR ADVICE AS NO ONE WANTS IT! YOU MIGHT FOOL SOME PEOPLE BUT YOU DON'T FOOL US. KEEP TRYING!

GDS

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#15 Jan 20, 2013
All good comments about Steve getting out there but I'm taken aback how the discussion is one sided. Why does Turner get a free pass? He should be out there too.

My open letter to Mr Turner goes unanswered I see
J Meaney

Lockport, IL

#16 Jan 20, 2013
Coach wrote:
Exactly! Turner is never out in public. He isn't a part of any organizations in town and doesn't even shop in Lockport.

Now I hear he may not even be living in town and he and his wife have split up.

Turner doesn't have a website and he is always lying in his postcard mail.

I can't trust that clown and hope that Steve wins big.
JWS

Homer Glen, IL

#17 Jan 20, 2013
GDS wrote:
All good comments about Steve getting out there but I'm taken aback how the discussion is one sided. Why does Turner get a free pass? He should be out there too.
He doesn't get a pass. He has a history of not showing up at doors or answering the publics questions. He is a POLITICIAN 1st. He will only speak publically when he knows he can avoid answering questions, or on the radio when he's not face to face with people or by mail again where he doesn't have to face people and his views or lack of can't be challenged. Due to the above reasons people don't waste their breathe asking him to attend public hearings where he has to answer questions. I think a debate or town hall meeting should be set up.
Betty

Lockport, IL

#18 Jan 20, 2013
J Meaney wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Turner is never out in public. He isn't a part of any organizations in town and doesn't even shop in Lockport.
Now I hear he may not even be living in town and he and his wife have split up.
Turner doesn't have a website and he is always lying in his postcard mail.
I can't trust that clown and hope that Steve wins big.
He is a full fledged phony! I dabble in art work, and know someone that was close to him. It is not good! He is bad news! He is for himself!
Amy

Lockport, IL

#19 Jan 20, 2013
You better believe it!
Lockport Opinion

Lockport, IL

#20 Jan 20, 2013
GDS wrote:
Maybe because we are all too familiar with what Turner wants and is capable of so we want to hear how Steve is going to make it better.

Turner, good or really bad is a known person, Steve is pretty much a mystery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are most Democratically controlled cities i... 13 min Look Look Look 3
Why don't liberals believe in charity 2 hr John Sanchez 6
Why is it that the Red Republican states have t... 2 hr M 14 Rifle 1
Please No Way 3 hr Sharky 1
Leighlinbridge HOA (Dec '11) 3 hr Smartest thing 709
Why are most Libertarians men? 5 hr Appalled 40
Shark Proved Incorrect Once Again 6 hr Sharky 70
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages