New Lenox Kmart is closing

New Lenox Kmart is closing

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Smart Consumer

Northbrook, IL

#1 Apr 26, 2013
I heard on a WBBM news report that several more Sears and Kmart stores are closing. The New Lenox Kmart store was among those named. This will add yet another empty deteriorating store to our graveyard of businesses past.
Tracy the Troll

New Lenox, IL

#2 Apr 26, 2013
Did they say when are they closing?
Concerned Citizen

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 26, 2013
I did not hear a timetable but it is indeed true. Supposedly, a company has been hired to attempt to lease out the building.

This shouldn't be a shocker. K Mart has been in decline for years. It was just a matter of time after Target and Walmart opened shop.
Tracy the Troll

New Lenox, IL

#5 Apr 26, 2013
It is a pretty dumpy store and there has been some crime. I hope they tear it down and build something good to replace it.
Enough

Carol Stream, IL

#6 Apr 26, 2013
Tracy the Troll wrote:
It is a pretty dumpy store and there has been some crime. I hope they tear it down and build something good to replace it.
Whatever they build I'm sure it will say "Tim Baldermann presents". He's a douche.
Unincorporated

Frankfort, IL

#7 Apr 26, 2013
They will end up with another empty store. A very bad sign of the times I'm afraid.
Neighbor

Reddick, IL

#8 Apr 26, 2013
A lot of lost jobs is my first thought.

Also, considering the long delays in trying to get stores open at the new Silver Cross mall area, nothing will replace K Mart for years IMO.
NL Local

Chicago, IL

#9 Apr 27, 2013
Is there a link to the news artical showing what ones are closing
Real story

Mokena, IL

#10 Apr 27, 2013
Real story

Mokena, IL

#11 Apr 27, 2013
It appears the stores that are operating will not be closing, but will look to lease space within the building to other retailers. Even though this story says the operating stores won't be closing, I'm sure that position may be reconsidered depending on whether they are successful at leasing space or not.
Tracy the Troll

New Lenox, IL

#12 Apr 27, 2013
It's a pretty good location being right off the I-80 exit. A Sam's Club/Costo would be great but the property is probably too small.
Enough

Carol Stream, IL

#13 Apr 27, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
A lot of lost jobs is my first thought.
Also, considering the long delays in trying to get stores open at the new Silver Cross mall area, nothing will replace K Mart for years IMO.
I know Kmart's two biggest competitors, Wal-Mart and Target, were talking about building stores in New Lenox. Wait......... You are such a moron.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#14 Apr 27, 2013
Companies hurting are being pushed over the edge by Obamanomics. JC Penney might be the next to suffer the fate of Obamanomics! There is no end in sight to financial destruction of America from Obama!
Concerned Citizen

New Lenox, IL

#15 Apr 27, 2013
Professor wrote:
Companies hurting are being pushed over the edge by Obamanomics. JC Penney might be the next to suffer the fate of Obamanomics! There is no end in sight to financial destruction of America from Obama!
Sorry but this has nothing to do with Obama. K Mart just didn't keep up with the times and can't compete with the likes of Wal Mart, Target and similar big box retailers. Similar to Eagle when Jewel opened up next door. Funny how you always need a scapegoat rather than swing the obvious.
Four More Years

New Lenox, IL

#16 Apr 27, 2013
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but this has nothing to do with Obama. K Mart just didn't keep up with the times and can't compete with the likes of Wal Mart, Target and similar big box retailers. Similar to Eagle when Jewel opened up next door. Funny how you always need a scapegoat rather than swing the obvious.
Kmart has always been a crummy store. It looked dirty and dated. I think the downfall was due to W. that is as funny as your constant attempts to blame Obama for everything.
great

Mokena, IL

#17 Apr 27, 2013
I burnt my toast this morning. Thanks again, Obama!
really now

Northbrook, IL

#18 Apr 27, 2013
Professor wrote:
Companies hurting are being pushed over the edge by Obamanomics. JC Penney might be the next to suffer the fate of Obamanomics! There is no end in sight to financial destruction of America from Obama!
Could be poor management and the products they are trying to sell. You can blame JC Penney on the Apple business model, Sears/Kmart on bad management decisions. These stores were tanking long before Obama.
Concerned Citizen

New Lenox, IL

#19 Apr 27, 2013
Four More Years wrote:
<quoted text>
Kmart has always been a crummy store. It looked dirty and dated. I think the downfall was due to W. that is as funny as your constant attempts to blame Obama for everything.
I think you misread my post. When have I been critical of our President?
Professor

Mokena, IL

#20 Apr 27, 2013
really now wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be poor management and the products they are trying to sell. You can blame JC Penney on the Apple business model, Sears/Kmart on bad management decisions. These stores were tanking long before Obama.
Read what I stated again. I stated "already hurting" companies are being pushed over the edge in this obamanomics economy. Taxes, regulations, & obamacare are to blame. They can't recover with this additional strain on them. This attack on "WEALTH" going on is hurting everyone. The small guy & corporations. Just wait as we near January 1st for obamacare to be fully implemented.

Congress "democrats & republicans" are holding special sessions trying to figure a way out of this for themselves and their staff! It's a major train wreck!
Yes

Frankfort, IL

#21 Apr 27, 2013
really now wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be poor management and the products they are trying to sell. You can blame JC Penney on the Apple business model, Sears/Kmart on bad management decisions. These stores were tanking long before Obama.
Yes Ron Johnson ran JCPenney into the ground. They recently fired him, but it was about 14 months too late. How many millions or in JCP's case billions does one have to lose before they lose their jobs. Plenty of store employees lost their jobs over that jackass. He who ran the store into the ground walked away with a nice severance package. That is not fair and square.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump making it great 3 hr MPMMB 36
10 ideas Republicans loved until Barack Obama b... 3 hr MPMMB 7
Fairmont board doing wonders! 3 hr Cherry 25
The Solution to Health Care 4 hr MPMMB 41
What can we do to get American's off of food st... 4 hr curse of the dumb 71
What happened to the Democratic Party? 6 hr Jus Sayin 2 U 144
Looking for a good travel baseball team. 6 hr Baseball 4

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages