All day kindergarten
ihatehillbillies

Tinley Park, IL

#21 Mar 3, 2013
thats good its all day kindergarden class. maybe your kids can read & write better than u White Thrash Manhattan hillbillies
wrong again

Manhattan, IL

#22 Mar 3, 2013
I aint dum, just never been to book lernin. I am smartr then youins.

my kidz is smart to.
mama

Manhattan, IL

#23 Mar 3, 2013
I went to the school website for information but the meeting minutes have not been added in months. WTF?
doe

Glendale Heights, IL

#24 Mar 3, 2013
mama wrote:
I went to the school website for information but the meeting minutes have not been added in months. WTF?
usually takes two months for the person who is not doing their job to post
doe

Glendale Heights, IL

#25 Mar 3, 2013
mama wrote:
I went to the school website for information but the meeting minutes have not been added in months. WTF?
whos not doing their job and getting paid?
KVon Dundee

Manhattan, IL

#26 Mar 3, 2013
doe wrote:
<quoted text>whos not doing their job and getting paid?
every Politician in the country, and millions of financial leaches on welfare.
Hahaha

Elwood, IL

#27 Mar 3, 2013
I have no interest in sending my soon-to-be kindergartener to school for a full day. I, too, have read that there is no benefit in terms of the child's ability to a full day of kindergarten--unless there are some serious deficiencies in the home.

I know they are saying it is optional but I am quite certain they will pressure parents to send their child for a full day--i.e., they'll fall behind or suffer socially if they don't. I just don't believe this is necessary. If they can't provide a solid education in the time they currently have these children, they are doing something wrong. I believe that completely.

And, they have said they would need more teachers. Unless they are planning on having classes with 40+ students in them, they will need more teachers. Unless the teachers will do it for free, they'll have to get the money from somewhere. I presume the already overburdened tax payers in our town.

We moved here looking for a good school system, so far it has been quite a disappointment. Hey, maybe they'll increase the monthly requests for money for the school fundraisers to pay for it all.
cartoons

United States

#28 Mar 3, 2013
Hahaha wrote:
I have no interest in sending my soon-to-be kindergartener to school for a full day. I, too, have read that there is no benefit in terms of the child's ability to a full day of kindergarten--unless there are some serious deficiencies in the home.
I know they are saying it is optional but I am quite certain they will pressure parents to send their child for a full day--i.e., they'll fall behind or suffer socially if they don't. I just don't believe this is necessary. If they can't provide a solid education in the time they currently have these children, they are doing something wrong. I believe that completely.
And, they have said they would need more teachers. Unless they are planning on having classes with 40+ students in them, they will need more teachers. Unless the teachers will do it for free, they'll have to get the money from somewhere. I presume the already overburdened tax payers in our town.
We moved here looking for a good school system, so far it has been quite a disappointment. Hey, maybe they'll increase the monthly requests for money for the school fundraisers to pay for it all.
While your kid will be watching 15 more hours per week, 60 hours a month of cartoons at home, mine will be getting an education. Plus you will be paying for it. Thank you!
Hahaha

Elwood, IL

#29 Mar 3, 2013
cartoons wrote:
<quoted text>
While your kid will be watching 15 more hours per week, 60 hours a month of cartoons at home, mine will be getting an education. Plus you will be paying for it. Thank you!
Well what an assumption you have made. My children get one-on-one attention, support, and love that only a parent can give at home. I raise my children; I don't send them off to others to do it for me. Again, I have read that unless there is a severe deficiency in the home, they have found there is NO benefit to doing this.
lisa

Manhattan, IL

#30 Mar 4, 2013
"We moved here looking for a good school system, so far it has been quite a disappointment." Agreed! Hopefully the new superintendent can turn things around. I would love to see statistics on what type of classes the Manhattan children end up in when they move on to high school. There are many, many wonderful teachers in Manhattan but there are also a few that should have be terminated years ago.
Hahaha wrote:
I have no interest in sending my soon-to-be kindergartener to school for a full day. I, too, have read that there is no benefit in terms of the child's ability to a full day of kindergarten--unless there are some serious deficiencies in the home.
I know they are saying it is optional but I am quite certain they will pressure parents to send their child for a full day--i.e., they'll fall behind or suffer socially if they don't. I just don't believe this is necessary. If they can't provide a solid education in the time they currently have these children, they are doing something wrong. I believe that completely.
And, they have said they would need more teachers. Unless they are planning on having classes with 40+ students in them, they will need more teachers. Unless the teachers will do it for free, they'll have to get the money from somewhere. I presume the already overburdened tax payers in our town.
We moved here looking for a good school system, so far it has been quite a disappointment. Hey, maybe they'll increase the monthly requests for money for the school fundraisers to pay for it all.
Wrong again

Manhattan, IL

#31 Mar 4, 2013
my kidz aint goin to no scool all day!

Dey stay home wit me watchin spongebob!
eazee

United States

#32 Mar 4, 2013
All you have too do is vote for borgo,and biscain and they will raise ''our'' taxes even higher. See problem solved. remember, biscain, borgo, lucus, and naughton no all about raising 'our' taxes. Vote and remember these people who spend your tax dollors foolishly.they will find a way to put it to the people.
embarrassed for you

Manhattan, IL

#33 Mar 4, 2013
eazee wrote:
All you have too do is vote for borgo,and biscain and they will raise ''our'' taxes even higher. See problem solved. remember, biscain, borgo, lucus, and naughton no all about raising 'our' taxes. Vote and remember these people who spend your tax dollors foolishly.they will find a way to put it to the people.
"Know" "Dollars". See, if you went to all day kindergarten you may be able to spell simple words. Also, when you are typing someone's name, it starts with a capital letter (The big one). Also stop changing your name, your poor spelling gives you away each post.
KVon Dundee

Manhattan, IL

#34 Mar 4, 2013
I can't believe you people are pissed because your kids will get more education! No wonder the kids are getting dumber.
Cartoons

United States

#35 Mar 4, 2013
Hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well what an assumption you have made. My children get one-on-one attention, support, and love that only a parent can give at home. I raise my children; I don't send them off to others to do it for me. Again, I have read that unless there is a severe deficiency in the home, they have found there is NO benefit to doing this.
Why then does it take you 5 years to do what most parents can do in four. Cut the cord & let your kids grow up under a professional. Unless you have been reading home school studies your facts are wrong. Our school districts do an outstanding job preparing our kids for high school and college.
IZZY

United States

#36 Mar 4, 2013
KVon Dundee wrote:
I can't believe you people are pissed because your kids will get more education! No wonder the kids are getting dumber.
still sniffing the attractant i see
KVon Dundee

Manhattan, IL

#37 Mar 4, 2013
IZZY wrote:
<quoted text>still sniffing the attractant i see
still have an booze problem I see.
Mom2mom

United States

#38 Mar 4, 2013
Full day kindergarten will probably be like every other school that added full day. 1/2 of the day will be learning, the other half will be structured play. I am all for it as long as the fees aren't raised to cover costs.
Cartoons

United States

#39 Mar 5, 2013
Screw the kids my taxes are too high! Real nice attitude. Dial 1-800- Wha Wha Wha Then move out of here so we can grow. You really can't afford to live here and don't give a hoot about your kids
IZZY

United States

#40 Mar 5, 2013
KVon Dundee wrote:
<quoted text> still have an booze problem I see.
NOPE,you are the one who thinks he is a famous bass fisherman.post absolute nonsense,so you obviously have sniffed way to much fish attracant,me doing a little kicker with it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 15 min Tingley 4,511
Brookstone Springs neighborhood watch. 46 min ON looker 21
Honeytree Improvement Association (Aug '10) 1 hr Concernedabout 43
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 3 hr Fraud 10,619
Neighborhood family puts on 1 1/2 hr fireworks... 3 hr Lockport blows 21
Car show is starting to blow 4 hr Lockport blows 10
DNC Clinton Cheat 5 hr Really 7

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages