All day kindergarten
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Felicia

Manhattan, IL

#1 Mar 1, 2013
With the state broke and the current power struggle in Congress, how is the school district going to afford all day kindergarten? Will they just raise out taxes? I seriously want to know. Will they have to hire more teachers? Buy more busses? We are nearly taxed out of here as it is. We have been in Manhattan for three years and really love it here. We were hoping to raise our children here but it is looking grim. My husband has started to look for a job out of state.
Keeping it real

Manhattan, IL

#2 Mar 1, 2013
It shouldn't make much difference. Would still be the same amount staff, and there would be no need for more buses. lol. My daughter went to all day kindergarten before we moved here, and in first grade in Manhattan she was well more advanced then the students here. Instead of thinking selfishly, think of the advantages there will be for the children. You could look out of state for work all you want however, the grass is never greener on the other side.
wrong

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 1, 2013
Keeping it real wrote:
It shouldn't make much difference. Would still be the same amount staff, and there would be no need for more buses. lol. My daughter went to all day kindergarten before we moved here, and in first grade in Manhattan she was well more advanced then the students here. Instead of thinking selfishly, think of the advantages there will be for the children. You could look out of state for work all you want however, the grass is never greener on the other side.
Bull Sh1t, multi studies have showed all day kindergarten does not help a child at all.

Your kids was smarter because you had your mother blinders on. Every mom feels her kid is smarter then the rest. Just because your daughter dosn't drool on herself doesn't make her any smarter then the retards. Big deal.

Bigger picture my a$$, that's just another way to say please pay for my share, do I don't have to.
Felicia

Manhattan, IL

#4 Mar 1, 2013
Thanks for your input. I am not thinking selfishly as you suggest but realistically. I have lived in other states and a lot of places are much greener than Manhattan. We are lucky that my husbands line of work give us the luxury to look are other areas. I can't see how they can pull this off without some sort of tax hike or a huge hike in school fees. How do you know they won't be hiring more teachers?
Keeping it real wrote:
It shouldn't make much difference. Would still be the same amount staff, and there would be no need for more buses. lol. My daughter went to all day kindergarten before we moved here, and in first grade in Manhattan she was well more advanced then the students here. Instead of thinking selfishly, think of the advantages there will be for the children. You could look out of state for work all you want however, the grass is never greener on the other side.
Felicia

Manhattan, IL

#5 Mar 1, 2013
You are correct. I saw this online: "Key federal research indicates that for the vast majority of kindergartners, all-day kindergarten is a waste of time and money, although there is evidence that it can be a help to low-income and non-English speaking children." We are middle class and speak English at home. I did hear some federal money is involved but we all know how that goes in Illinois.
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull Sh1t, multi studies have showed all day kindergarten does not help a child at all.
Your kids was smarter because you had your mother blinders on. Every mom feels her kid is smarter then the rest. Just because your daughter dosn't drool on herself doesn't make her any smarter then the retards. Big deal.
Bigger picture my a$$, that's just another way to say please pay for my share, do I don't have to.
Keeping it real

Manhattan, IL

#6 Mar 1, 2013
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull Sh1t, multi studies have showed all day kindergarten does not help a child at all.
Your kids was smarter because you had your mother blinders on. Every mom feels her kid is smarter then the rest. Just because your daughter dosn't drool on herself doesn't make her any smarter then the retards. Big deal.
Bigger picture my a$$, that's just another way to say please pay for my share, do I don't have to.
So what you are saying is, your kid is really stupid and you are jealous? I'm sorry to hear that, but from your illiterate ranting, it appears it may simply be hereditary.
tampm

South Holland, IL

#7 Mar 2, 2013
My kid smart
getsomesaid

South Holland, IL

#8 Mar 2, 2013
He was masterbating,
nextuo

South Holland, IL

#9 Mar 2, 2013
Had Wilson III are.
Edumacated

Mchenry, IL

#10 Mar 2, 2013
I wish people would know the difference between "then" and "than" and use it properly. Also, how to spell masturbating correctly too.
Really

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 2, 2013
They will be hiring new teachers. But they won't be raising taxes. They can't just do that. That's what referendums are for.
Felicia

Manhattan, IL

#12 Mar 2, 2013
Thank you. I had a feeling new teachers would be hires. I suppose something may be on the ballot come election time. I just can't imagine how they plan on pulling it off without getting rid of something to balance the books.
Really wrote:
They will be hiring new teachers. But they won't be raising taxes. They can't just do that. That's what referendums are for.
Really

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 2, 2013
No referendum will be on the ballot.
wrong again

Bensenville, IL

#14 Mar 2, 2013
I didn't say anything was wrong with my kids, basically said you were full of sh1t that your kid was more advanced then the rest.
A referendum is only required for major budget issues, not every raise in budget they award themselves, that's why it won't be on the budget.
keeping it real

Manhattan, IL

#15 Mar 2, 2013
You are a stupid ass just like your kids. Oh, and there is no number one in the word shit.
wrong again

Bensenville, IL

#16 Mar 3, 2013
keeping it real wrote:
You are a stupid ass just like your kids. Oh, and there is no number one in the word shit.
There is when you have a real job with company supplied computers.
What's wrong, is your liberal way of twisting the truth not working? Your lies a bought raising the budget came out? I suppose this is why you think your kid is smarter then the rest, it's just a liberal way of saying they are smarter than you.
wrong again

Bensenville, IL

#17 Mar 3, 2013
keeping it real wrote:
You are a stupid ass just like your kids. Oh, and there is no number one in the word shit.
Let me guess, next your will tell us how it is just a small raise in our taxes and to stop being cheap, like the library group.
Edumacated

Mchenry, IL

#18 Mar 3, 2013
You still don't know the proper use of then or than.
wrong again

Bensenville, IL

#19 Mar 3, 2013
Edumacated wrote:
You still don't know the proper use of then or than.
Ok, I can live with that.
keeping it real

Manhattan, IL

#20 Mar 3, 2013
wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess, next your will tell us how it is just a small raise in our taxes and to stop being cheap, like the library group.
"you" not "your". Damn this town is inbred.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black history Month 42 min EJCDad 8
Obama Team Wins Again 1 hr Sharky 1
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 3 hr Done 10,280
Thomas Toyota coming to Romeoville 4 hr Press Release 1
Fox News has better looking women than MSNBC 5 hr M-14 Rifle 8
Not Fair Not Fair 5 hr Sharky 1
Clean Up Time 6 hr Robert Thomas 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages