mongos fooddrive
Mongo is God

Romeoville, IL

#1 Mar 30, 2013
Food for Jesus ? Thats what the sign says at the food drive at his restaurant....Really Mongo..now i know your nuts. I told everyone he is crazy..now its confirmed..he thinks he is God....Shame on you for using the LORDS NAME FOR YOUR OWN SELFISHNESS
im shocked not

Bolingbrook, IL

#2 Mar 30, 2013
Mongo is God wrote:
Food for Jesus ? Thats what the sign says at the food drive at his restaurant....Really Mongo..now i know your nuts. I told everyone he is crazy..now its confirmed..he thinks he is God....Shame on you for using the LORDS NAME FOR YOUR OWN SELFISHNESS
You told everyone he is crazy? Who are you to determine or say if someone is crazy?

Many people do the Lord's work and using His name in doing so is in no way selfish. Gathering and sharing with those less fortunate is not crazy.

I will pray for your poor, misguided soul.

I also find it very curious that you believe this man to be crazy yet to continue to visit his establishment. Why?
Because

Plainfield, IL

#3 Mar 30, 2013
... the food is good but, the owners are morons.
rick buscemi

Chicago, IL

#4 Mar 30, 2013
im shocked not wrote:
<quoted text>
You told everyone he is crazy? Who are you to determine or say if someone is crazy?
Many people do the Lord's work and using His name in doing so is in no way selfish. Gathering and sharing with those less fortunate is not crazy.
I also find it very curious that you believe this man to be crazy yet to continue to visit his establishment. Why?
Many people use the Lord's name doing the Lord's work...do you think Mango is doing the Lord's work? He set up a food drive to get people to his restaurant to show a crowd for his meet & greet a couple hours later. He is putting on a show and using whstever means he can....now it's the Lord. People if you couldn't make your mind up who to vote for ( Novak or McMichael ) here's your sign.... it Biblical.. the Lord is being used by a man who wants to be Mayor.This is the type of sideshow we will have if McMichael gets elected. Please think of Romeoville's future , think of all the progress made over the years , think of what a joke Romeoville becomes with Steve McMichael as Mayor. No simple words will change anyone's mind as to who to vote for in April election . So please look at the actions taken by McMichael and ask yourself if 4 years of being a joke is something you want for Romeoville ? Vote Noak and we all can proudly admit to living in Romeoville !
lords work

Bolingbrook, IL

#5 Mar 30, 2013
You didn't complain when your van got filled up with food did you? This wasn't Mongo's food drive. It was a food drive done in the parking lot. Why did Noak send his lap dog Ken Griffin there to threaten the non for profit that was doing it. It was a good thing and the newspapers and village didn't promote it. Shame on them for putting political motives in front of helping people. I saw Richard Love working his butt off and didn't tell a sole who he was. He is awesome and boy is he built. That's the face a Romeoville we need. What a hitter.
Mongo is God

Romeoville, IL

#6 Mar 30, 2013
im shocked not wrote:
<quoted text>
i have never been in HIS establlishment. I thought he does not own it? If thhe lords name is used for the right reasons it it ok....
rick buscemi

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 30, 2013
You didn't complain when your van got filled up with food did you? This wasn't Mongo's food drive. It was a food drive done in the parking lot. Why did Noak send his lap dog Ken Griffin there to threaten the non for profit that was doing it. It was a good thing and the newspapers and village didn't promote it. Shame on them for putting political motives in front of helping people. I saw Richard Love working his butt off and didn't tell a sole who he was. He is awesome and boy is he built. That's the face a Romeoville we need. What a hitter.
First , this food drive came up this past weds. or thurs. when Mango was getting a lot of " heat" for not debating in the public forums set up by third party groups....people whose only interest is to let candidates outline how they intend to do the job if elected. Second , he attached his " meet and greet " to it to assure he had people there to show onlookers the support he has ( or believes he has) from the people of Roneoville. With it being a Joliet based charity no one knows exactly how many Romeovillr residents let alone how many registered voters. McMichael is only in this all for the claim of power ( he calls it fame ). I saw an article in which he was asked why he went into wrestling after football.. his answer was because he missed the cheering crowds and the thrill of competition. Well, you Mango fans , that's what this election is yo him. He's kind of out of the limelight and is searching for the thrill of the crowd, etc. He talks of ideas but has no really plan to get things done. Even if he could raise the value of our homes taxes will rise not lower as in he states.Ideas ( his plans ) have to be paid for down the road. Let's not be the next "joke" in the area.....vote Noak and Romeoville moves forward. Vote Mango and it's not going to be pretty. This Village has come s long way since I moved to this area in 1993.....I hate to see us moving backwards after all the hard work from previous Board members and Mayors.
QUOTE]
The Love of God

Plainfield, IL

#8 Mar 30, 2013
Anyone who is close to Mongo is not right. For Love of God don't vote for Love or Mongo because Romeoville will go to Hell in a year.
rick buscemi

Chicago, IL

#9 Mar 30, 2013
lords work wrote:
Somehow my post above got attached to the Lords Work but people should see my comments but I will go in another direction....are you implying people who get food from a food pantry don't have a right to make comments. I guess you Mango supporters will go after anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion. And since you asked.....no I don't need a food pantry to get anything. But I know that others do and don't think anything less of them as you apparently do. The point here is McMichael is using a great thing to try to get votes. Open your eyes , he is not the person we need or want making decisions for Romeoville or any of us .
Open your eyes residents

Des Plaines, IL

#10 Mar 31, 2013
Neither is Noak or his lap dogs! The group needs to be broken up, aren't you tired
Of people who are just. "yes" boys? I have live here over 35 years isn't the Village's budget meeting usually in March and passed in April? Did I miss it in March, or is the United party waiting until after April 9 to have a meeting? Is someone hiding something?
Lol

Hobart, IN

#11 Mar 31, 2013
Open your eyes residents wrote:
Neither is Noak or his lap dogs! The group needs to be broken up, aren't you tired
Of people who are just. "yes" boys? I have live here over 35 years isn't the Village's budget meeting usually in March and passed in April? Did I miss it in March, or is the United party waiting until after April 9 to have a meeting? Is someone hiding something?
Even Ray Charles can see the meeting is intentionally being out off. There has been no info released as an explanation as to why the meeting has been out off.

The snake continues to slither.
Happy Easter

Bolingbrook, IL

#12 Mar 31, 2013
Open your eyes residents wrote:
You are so clueless. There have already been multiple budget meetings and the budget isn't passed until the last meeting in April every year. That hasn't changed in years.

Did the Aliens probe you too? Is the government sending secret signals through your tv? Go back to your doomsday preping already.
The real Happy Easter

Bolingbrook, IL

#13 Mar 31, 2013
Everyone give it a rest. Wait till tomorrow.
rick buscemi

Tinley Park, IL

#14 Mar 31, 2013
To open your eyes residents....only 2 people running for Mayor and Noak is only real choice. McMichael has made a joke of this election and since the general public has no idea as to his plans to improve Romeoville because he won't debate the issues....How can anyone vote for him? If he gets elected , we have no idea as yo what he'll do or say.....again he won't debate and that bothers me because if he says government needs to be more transparent and chooses not to be so then isn't he saying that he is above what he preaches ? He is just speaking words , he is not speaking thoughts. You real want him for a Mayor ?
villagelifer

Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 1, 2013
Just want to add that I went to food drive, and I ended up throwing all the shit away, it was outdated crap that I wouldn't even feed the LORD'S birds with. so whoever in town got the box PLEASE CHECK THE EXPERIATION DATES
Re-elect Mayor Noak

Romeoville, IL

#17 Apr 1, 2013
He is really the only intelligent choice for Romeoville. We know where he stands on the issues and the plans for the future. We have a good cohesive board in place now and need to keep Romeoville moving in that direction. They have a proven record to be re-elected and I have yet to hear why Mongo is qualified.
Re-elect Mayor Noak

Romeoville, IL

#18 Apr 1, 2013
One question, after the food drive, how many people were actually left to speak with him? Some sources are saying maybe 30 with about 10 being his own staff. This does not sound like a very successful endeavor to me. If he really wanted to get his message across in a grown up manner he would have agreed to the debates.
I worry

Bolingbrook, IL

#19 Apr 1, 2013
That even though McMichael is clearly not the choice that some how he pulls out a win.

People just don't get out to vote and I am sure there are plenty of people who will vote for him strictly on his time with the Bears.

I know it's nuts, but stranger things have happened.

If it does, God help us all.
I worry

Bolingbrook, IL

#21 Apr 1, 2013
Amen.
Dude

Bolingbrook, IL

#22 Apr 1, 2013
I voted on the first day, Mongo did not get my vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fire and Fury 12 min The White Crayon 282
Democrats look for hope with Maxine Waters 4 hr Dennyk 13
Post Office Steals Gift Cards 4 hr Dennyk 7
Trump, Sharky and Neighbor walk into a bar... 4 hr Dennyk 14
Winter Parking Ban 5 hr Mummy of dummies 16
When did running to the doctor......... (Jul '14) 6 hr MPMMB 20
Lincoln-Way 210 tax increase. 8 hr Just Saying 93

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance