April Election
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
frosty

Manhattan, IL

#1 Dec 27, 2012
The deadline to file petitions was the 26th. Anyone know who is running?
Grass is greener

Manhattan, IL

#3 Dec 27, 2012
Bisan came around getting signatures.
Music Man

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 28, 2012
Grass is greener wrote:
Bisan came around getting signatures.
Let me guess. You were damn fool enough to give him yours?
Grass is greener

Manhattan, IL

#5 Dec 28, 2012
No. I wasn't home and my teenager is not old enough to vote. Even if I were home I would not have signed.
Music Man

Chicago, IL

#6 Dec 28, 2012
Grass is greener wrote:
No. I wasn't home and my teenager is not old enough to vote. Even if I were home I would not have signed.
The right thing occurred - however that came about.
socrates

Cicero, IL

#7 Dec 29, 2012
The ballot can not be certified until the time that the window has closed for challenging nominating petitions and allowing for the statutory electoral board process to play out. Anyone has have until Friday, Jan 4th to challenge any candidates' nominating petition. Watch out you politicians, someone may be looking to challenge your petitions. Umm, Borgo, Biscan or Doyle.
plato

Riverside, IL

#8 Dec 31, 2012
oh look. someone wants to portray my bud socrates as being judged "clueless". Clueless is a label more aptly applied to all the dummies that believe in people like Borgo or Doyle or Biscan. They all take from you and give nothing in return. That is what is truly clueless.
Lastly, nominating papers shall be deemed to be valid unless objections are filed in writing ...within five business days after the last day for filing nominating papers. Last day was Wednesday, 12/26. Five business days would then be Thursday, Friday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 1/4. Governmental offices are deemed closed for business on Monday New Year's Eve and Tuesday New Year's Day. Stick that in your parade hat.
cantfoolme

Kirkland, IL

#9 Dec 31, 2012
plato wrote:
oh look. someone wants to portray my bud socrates as being judged "clueless". Clueless is a label more aptly applied to all the dummies that believe in people like Borgo or Doyle or Biscan. They all take from you and give nothing in return. That is what is truly clueless.
Lastly, nominating papers shall be deemed to be valid unless objections are filed in writing ...within five business days after the last day for filing nominating papers. Last day was Wednesday, 12/26. Five business days would then be Thursday, Friday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 1/4. Governmental offices are deemed closed for business on Monday New Year's Eve and Tuesday New Year's Day. Stick that in your parade hat.
Jimbo, why the name change? You can't hide your arrogant writing style now can you?
plato

Mokena, IL

#10 Dec 31, 2012
someone in this town has got to have sum style. Borgo'e got his Jag, Biscan's got his girth and Doyle's got his beer. what's wrong with a bit sarcasm?
youstillhere

Bolingbrook, IL

#11 Dec 31, 2012
cantfoolme wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimbo, why the name change? You can't hide your arrogant writing style now can you?
Simple he has no Balls
scary movie

Mokena, IL

#12 Dec 31, 2012
youstillhere wrote:
<quoted text>Simple he has no Balls
You speaking of Victor Victoria? One Village employee that strikes me as a man impersonating a woman, impersonating a man?
the undead

Chicago, IL

#13 Jan 3, 2013
Really, why vote? To maintain the 127 year long status quo? This town is dead and is lead by nothing more than a collection of the dying.
better off dead

Park Forest, IL

#14 Jan 4, 2013
That explains why the funeral home guy moved out of Manhattan. And death is his business.

Since: Oct 12

Manhattan, IL

#15 Jan 5, 2013
Remember my friends I have also filed to run for Mayor. I may not have the experience of the other candidates, but that doesn't mean I won't try to do my best for this town if I'm elected.
glenn

Manhattan, IL

#16 Jan 5, 2013
First thing you should do is stay of Topix. Get your self a Facebook page and post the link. Have a debate with the others and let us know what your plans are. Good luck to you.
DonaldRHunt wrote:
Remember my friends I have also filed to run for Mayor. I may not have the experience of the other candidates, but that doesn't mean I won't try to do my best for this town if I'm elected.
Crown Royal

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 7, 2013
DonaldRHunt wrote:
see it for what you is...an attempt to thin out the vote for Borgo. it won't work.
road warrior

Mokena, IL

#18 Jan 8, 2013
borgo you had better save us soon from obama and quinn.
road warrior

Chicago, IL

#19 Jan 9, 2013
and i'm voting for the mayoral candidate that promises to get a traffic light put in at cedar and smith. there have been four accidents since the intersection was widened. borgo hasn't done anything about the situation.
dambeaners

La Grange, IL

#20 Jan 9, 2013
road warrior wrote:
and i'm voting for the mayoral candidate that promises to get a traffic light put in at cedar and smith. there have been four accidents since the intersection was widened. borgo hasn't done anything about the situation.
Maybe you should learn how to drive, I never have a problem at the intersection.
Manhattan Resident

Manhattan, IL

#21 Jan 9, 2013
road warrior wrote:
Talk to Will County Highway Department. Cedar was widen by there engineers specks. Cedar is a County Road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 56 min My Parade pencil ... 4,458
NEW LENOX going to the crapper (Dec '11) 1 hr Tuck Frump 58
"After Eight Years" 1 hr Tuck Frump 4
Trumps Amerikkka 1 hr Tuck Frump 14
Fox News Roger Ailes resigns amid Sexual Harras... 2 hr Tuck Frump 6
News New Lenox has paid nearly $1 million in police ... 2 hr POPO 18
Law and Order 2 hr Tuck Frump 9

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance