Let the Mayor decide

Lockport, IL

#21 Apr 19, 2013
It is interesting to me to note that there are limited funds due to the mismanagement of the taxpayer's dollars the last few years. There is ten thousand dollars that was suppose to be used for roads which is no more. So therefore,, the funds have to come from development. Therefore I say that development comes first...fill the shovel ready projects, get the developers that will come...yes, they will come now with a respectful council..and then go from there. We will get funds and all of the projects can be done. The road fund is down ten grand...! That is a significant amount of money. There needs to be development first and foremost! Yes, first things first and then I say the first project will be the water esp. downtown, and then the town. After that the roads, and revitilizing downtown. The developers will develop and the money will roll in. It has to surrounding towns. Have no fear if he accomplishes one thing that is one thing more than has been done. His problem will be don't have too many bosses like the last Mayor T. had, and be the boss himself. Have a council that wants to work with him and have qualified staff, which have all fled. They are around and the proper people can be hired. It is imperative for growth to have qualified new people employed that know what they are doing. Then it will come...maybe in 12 months but certainly in 18 months time. Look where we are now..nowhere! Look where we will be with qualified people...somewhere...like surrounding towns!

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#22 Apr 19, 2013
Buggy wrote:
Isn't the horse supposed to go before the cart? I think they might be putting the cart before the horse. Just sayin.
yeah thats what I meant it was a long 2 days time for sleep
YOU ARE NNNNOT THE MAYOR

Lockport, IL

#23 Apr 20, 2013
Let the Mayor decide wrote:
It is interesting to me to note that there are limited funds due to the mismanagement of the taxpayer's dollars the last few years. There is ten thousand dollars that was suppose to be used for roads which is no more. So therefore,, the funds have to come from development. Therefore I say that development comes first...fill the shovel ready projects, get the developers that will come...yes, they will come now with a respectful council..and then go from there. We will get funds and all of the projects can be done. The road fund is down ten grand...! That is a significant amount of money. There needs to be development first and foremost! Yes, first things first and then I say the first project will be the water esp. downtown, and then the town. After that the roads, and revitilizing downtown. The developers will develop and the money will roll in. It has to surrounding towns. Have no fear if he accomplishes one thing that is one thing more than has been done. His problem will be don't have too many bosses like the last Mayor T. had, and be the boss himself. Have a council that wants to work with him and have qualified staff, which have all fled. They are around and the proper people can be hired. It is imperative for growth to have qualified new people employed that know what they are doing. Then it will come...maybe in 12 months but certainly in 18 months time. Look where we are now..nowhere! Look where we will be with qualified people...somewhere...like surrounding towns!
Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.
shameful vote total

Lockport, IL

#24 Apr 20, 2013
The loser does not want to hear the truth! He lost and The Mayor taking over will make ALL decisions. It is him that will sit there inept and a nobody and he knows it. It is him that is the scarecrow of Lockport who does not have a brain. He has a girl's name! Guess who it is..it is the not the people's choice...that is why he is so bitter. 26 percent of the vote total..shameful!

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MAYOR STRIET CEO

Lockport, IL

#25 Apr 20, 2013
Let the Mayor decide wrote:
It is interesting to me to note that there are limited funds due to the mismanagement of the taxpayer's dollars the last few years. There is ten thousand dollars that was suppose to be used for roads which is no more. So therefore,, the funds have to come from development. Therefore I say that development comes first...fill the shovel ready projects, get the developers that will come...yes, they will come now with a respectful council..and then go from there. We will get funds and all of the projects can be done. The road fund is down ten grand...! That is a significant amount of money. There needs to be development first and foremost! Yes, first things first and then I say the first project will be the water esp. downtown, and then the town. After that the roads, and revitilizing downtown. The developers will develop and the money will roll in. It has to surrounding towns. Have no fear if he accomplishes one thing that is one thing more than has been done. His problem will be don't have too many bosses like the last Mayor T. had, and be the boss himself. Have a council that wants to work with him and have qualified staff, which have all fled. They are around and the proper people can be hired. It is imperative for growth to have qualified new people employed that know what they are doing. Then it will come...maybe in 12 months but certainly in 18 months time. Look where we are now..nowhere! Look where we will be with qualified people...somewhere...like surrounding towns!
He will be a good Mayor, honest and decisive. He will be transparent and accountable to the public! He will be respectful. It won't be hard to see who is working with the town or against it!

Judged:

12

12

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The critics

Lockport, IL

#26 Apr 20, 2013
Surround yourself with people who know how to run a government and get things done. You need the best help available and you won't find it in the aldermen. You need a competent staff and people who will advise you to the pitfalls you will face in government. You will always have critics but from day one...the Chief Executive Officer is in charge! Critics are looking for a chance to embarrass you and they will especially if they lost an election! Good luck! Know the priorities and work toward them, get a competent staff. Remember you owe it to the people of Lockport! They chose you to do the running of their government and everything goes through you. You are the head of this government and the town will only be as good as you make it. Right from the starting gate, you are the man in charge!

Judged:

12

12

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Business sense

Lockport, IL

#27 Apr 20, 2013
The critics wrote:
Surround yourself with people who know how to run a government and get things done. You need the best help available and you won't find it in the aldermen. You need a competent staff and people who will advise you to the pitfalls you will face in government. You will always have critics but from day one...the Chief Executive Officer is in charge! Critics are looking for a chance to embarrass you and they will especially if they lost an election! Good luck! Know the priorities and work toward them, get a competent staff. Remember you owe it to the people of Lockport! They chose you to do the running of their government and everything goes through you. You are the head of this government and the town will only be as good as you make it. Right from the starting gate, you are the man in charge!
With a business degree I think you are exactly correct. First impression is most important and from then on set the rules and stick to them. Councilmen have a voice but you are the head of the entire government.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lago Vista

Lockport, IL

#28 Apr 20, 2013
The critics wrote:
Surround yourself with people who know how to run a government and get things done. You need the best help available and you won't find it in the aldermen. You need a competent staff and people who will advise you to the pitfalls you will face in government. You will always have critics but from day one...the Chief Executive Officer is in charge! Critics are looking for a chance to embarrass you and they will especially if they lost an election! Good luck! Know the priorities and work toward them, get a competent staff. Remember you owe it to the people of Lockport! They chose you to do the running of their government and everything goes through you. You are the head of this government and the town will only be as good as you make it. Right from the starting gate, you are the man in charge!
I agree. A good elected official is no different than a good officer in the armed forces. The best officers listen to their sergeants who have years of experience.
The best thing that the new mayor and aldermen can do is actually LISTEN to the professional staff that run this town.

Judged:

11

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OMGSTFUALREADY

Lockport, IL

#29 Apr 21, 2013
WOW! the last FIVE posts are from the SAME person. YES, the whackjob even replies to itself, see post #25, how sad. And pathetic. Don't forget, pathetic!

WHOMEVER this "person" is, they are unequivocally, pertinaciously, unrelentingly HOT for the mayor of lockport.

Could this serial poster be the mayor's wife? Or the mayor's mommy?

I mean, COOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOON. Really? Who else would go on and on (x's infinity) about the mayor of their town as much as this dimbulb does??

It's actually kiiiiinnnnndddddaaaaaaa creeeepy.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#30 Apr 22, 2013
OMGSTFUALREADY wrote:
WOW! the last FIVE posts are from the SAME person. YES, the whackjob even replies to itself, see post #25, how sad. And pathetic. Don't forget, pathetic!
WHOMEVER this "person" is, they are unequivocally, pertinaciously, unrelentingly HOT for the mayor of lockport.
Could this serial poster be the mayor's wife? Or the mayor's mommy?
I mean, COOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOON. Really? Who else would go on and on (x's infinity) about the mayor of their town as much as this dimbulb does??
It's actually kiiiiinnnnndddddaaaaaaa creeeepy.
Wow, one guy who posts under 123 names calling out another. Anyway, I guess we should sit back and see what these new folks propose. I know one thing,those streets in Kelvin Grove such as Summit and Read should be shut down to through traffic. I am surprised no kid has been squashed out there yet. These streets need to be rebuilt every six months. You can thank the decision to allow Walmart to build in that poor location. Let's not rollover for these corporate clowns in the future.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#31 Apr 22, 2013
OMGSTFUALREADY wrote:
WOW! the last FIVE posts are from the SAME person. YES, the whackjob even replies to itself, see post #25, how sad. And pathetic. Don't forget, pathetic!
WHOMEVER this "person" is, they are unequivocally, pertinaciously, unrelentingly HOT for the mayor of lockport.
Could this serial poster be the mayor's wife? Or the mayor's mommy?
I mean, COOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOON. Really? Who else would go on and on (x's infinity) about the mayor of their town as much as this dimbulb does??
It's actually kiiiiinnnnndddddaaaaaaa creeeepy.
About as creeeeeeeeepy as when you know who, was using 1000's of alias's thinking they were fooling everyone.

Just can't get over the fact that the misfits got their #$$ handed to them and received their walking papers. Remember them always saying this is what the voters wanted. Remember that after May 2nd meeting, when you will be sitting in the audience from now on. Of course, its a good thing for SLEEPY, can stay home and sleep. Never fear FORKED TONGUE will be around like a bad case of Herpes. Sadly, we are stuck with HEAD COWARD moaning for the next 2 years, trying to be as unproductive as he and ABSTAINGING QUEEN can be. GREAT JOB! now sit home and be quiet, the voters have spoken. Oh yes and please don't give us the 30% percent bull either, for it was just fine when the misfits won with 30% of the voters, but now that they lost with 30% of the voters it doesn't count. RIGHT!

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#32 Apr 22, 2013
OMGSTFUALREADY wrote:
WOW! the last FIVE posts are from the SAME person. YES, the whackjob even replies to itself, see post #25, how sad. And pathetic. Don't forget, pathetic!
WHOMEVER this "person" is, they are unequivocally, pertinaciously, unrelentingly HOT for the mayor of lockport.
Could this serial poster be the mayor's wife? Or the mayor's mommy?
I mean, COOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOON. Really? Who else would go on and on (x's infinity) about the mayor of their town as much as this dimbulb does??
It's actually kiiiiinnnnndddddaaaaaaa creeeepy.
Oh yes, you got anything productive to say about the original topic of new parking ideas.

DIDN'T think so.!!

Judged:

10

10

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Danielle Soloude

Lockport, IL

#33 Apr 23, 2013
thoughts or ideas wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, you got anything productive to say about the original topic of new parking ideas.
DIDN'T think so.!!
Neither did YOU, dimbulb.

And your posts are kiiiiiiiiinda boring. Yawn.

Danielle Soloude

Lockport, IL

#34 Apr 23, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, one guy who posts under 123 names calling out another. Anyway, I guess we should sit back and see what these new folks propose. I know one thing,those streets in Kelvin Grove such as Summit and Read should be shut down to through traffic. I am surprised no kid has been squashed out there yet. These streets need to be rebuilt every six months. You can thank the decision to allow Walmart to build in that poor location. Let's not rollover for these corporate clowns in the future.
What does the location of Walmart have to do with Summit and or Reed St? People who bought homes on those two streets HAD TO of perceived that either street could possibly become a busier street? Each is one of the few streets between Farrell and Briggs st. that connect Division st. to 9th. Have you SEEN the traffic on 9th and/or State St. during peak hours? Wherever shall these people go? You think that they should just sit in bumper-to bumper traffic on 9th for hours? Even if they are just trying to get to where they are SHOPPING: IN LOCKPORT,left from their home : IN LOCKPORT? Or just trying to drop their child off at school, again :IN LOCKPORT. WTF, They paid for these streets, same as you. It's not THEIR fault that YOU couldn't forsee that the street you live on could possibly become a busier street. All that traffic just causes more pollution for Lockport Residents as well. Yay us! Pollution. Yay us! More Dirt. Those two streets should NOT be "shut down to through traffic" PARENTS should teach their kids about street safety and the unteachable ones should be WATCHED by their PARENTS.

Furthermore, nobody is speeding. Stop wasting taxpayer funds on stupid digital "speeding " signs. The ONLY people that could POSSIBLY be complaining about "speeding" are the residents of Lago MahKane, er, I mean "Lago Vista" who just THINK that people are speeding, usually because said Lago Vista Resident is DOING TWENTY MILES PER HOUR BELOW THE SPEED LIMIT.

With their brights on.

at dusk.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#35 Apr 23, 2013
Danielle Soloude wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the location of Walmart have to do with Summit and or Reed St? People who bought homes on those two streets HAD TO of perceived that either street could possibly become a busier street? Each is one of the few streets between Farrell and Briggs st. that connect Division st. to 9th. Have you SEEN the traffic on 9th and/or State St. during peak hours? Wherever shall these people go? You think that they should just sit in bumper-to bumper traffic on 9th for hours? Even if they are just trying to get to where they are SHOPPING: IN LOCKPORT,left from their home : IN LOCKPORT? Or just trying to drop their child off at school, again :IN LOCKPORT. WTF, They paid for these streets, same as you. It's not THEIR fault that YOU couldn't forsee that the street you live on could possibly become a busier street. All that traffic just causes more pollution for Lockport Residents as well. Yay us! Pollution. Yay us! More Dirt. Those two streets should NOT be "shut down to through traffic" PARENTS should teach their kids about street safety and the unteachable ones should be WATCHED by their PARENTS.
Furthermore, nobody is speeding. Stop wasting taxpayer funds on stupid digital "speeding " signs. The ONLY people that could POSSIBLY be complaining about "speeding" are the residents of Lago MahKane, er, I mean "Lago Vista" who just THINK that people are speeding, usually because said Lago Vista Resident is DOING TWENTY MILES PER HOUR BELOW THE SPEED LIMIT.
With their brights on.
at dusk.
I do agree with you on parents teaching their children street safety. In regards to the digital speeding signs, if they put them in the right places for the right reasons, are a good thing. Like why would you put the display in the school zone on Archer, why not put it at the beginning where the zone starts as a extra precaution to drivers rather than a way just to generate revenue. Lockport has grown like many other communities in the area, and since 9th street is really not feasible to become a 4 lane all the way to Rt 53, the traffic will continue to use all streets available to them like you said, we all pay taxes on them. If our tax dollar pays to plow snow,maintain then every taxpayer has the right to use any street they want to get where they want. So we do agree on that as well. The only option if possible is eliminate the parking on downtown 9th street, but then you would need a parking lot, hence the original topic. Everything is related.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#36 Apr 26, 2013
Danielle Soloude wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the location of Walmart have to do with Summit and or Reed St? People who bought homes on those two streets HAD TO of perceived that either street could possibly become a busier street? Each is one of the few streets between Farrell and Briggs st. that connect Division st. to 9th. Have you SEEN the traffic on 9th and/or State St. during peak hours? Wherever shall these people go? You think that they should just sit in bumper-to bumper traffic on 9th for hours? Even if they are just trying to get to where they are SHOPPING: IN LOCKPORT,left from their home : IN LOCKPORT? Or just trying to drop their child off at school, again :IN LOCKPORT. WTF, They paid for these streets, same as you. It's not THEIR fault that YOU couldn't forsee that the street you live on could possibly become a busier street. All that traffic just causes more pollution for Lockport Residents as well. Yay us! Pollution. Yay us! More Dirt. Those two streets should NOT be "shut down to through traffic" PARENTS should teach their kids about street safety and the unteachable ones should be WATCHED by their PARENTS.
Furthermore, nobody is speeding. Stop wasting taxpayer funds on stupid digital "speeding " signs. The ONLY people that could POSSIBLY be complaining about "speeding" are the residents of Lago MahKane, er, I mean "Lago Vista" who just THINK that people are speeding, usually because said Lago Vista Resident is DOING TWENTY MILES PER HOUR BELOW THE SPEED LIMIT.
With their brights on.
at dusk.
Sounds like there is some side anger on Lago Vista. I live on Runyan and really don't care all that much. But to break it down for you sweets. The target retail locations such as Walmart provide the incentive for these residential routes to be overused. In most communities this is the type of study conducted before you let corporate entities affect your towns quality of life for the next 30 years. If you need any further education drop by I'm in the middle of the block.
Danielle Soloude

Lockport, IL

#37 May 8, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like there is some side anger on Lago Vista. I live on Runyan and really don't care all that much. But to break it down for you sweets. The target retail locations such as Walmart provide the incentive for these residential routes to be overused. In most communities this is the type of study conducted before you let corporate entities affect your towns quality of life for the next 30 years. If you need any further education drop by I'm in the middle of the block.
Um, well, are you single? ;)

Hell Yeah I have some side anger over Lago MahKane, er, I mean "Lago Vista"....I have to use Division St regularly and EVEN THOUGH THE SPEED LIMIT is posted in THREE places between Briggs & Farrell, apparently the signs that state "Speed Limit 40 mph" ARE NOT BIG ENOUGH b/c these people can't read 'em! EVERY DAY there's some fossil doing 20 below the speed limit! WTF!?! If you are afraid of the gas pedal, then DON'T DRIVE! JUST ONCE I'd love to see one of these antiques get pulled over for not doing AT LEAST the legal speed limit!! There you go Lockport....There's some BIG revenue to be made on THAT front!! I WILL be suggesting that to the police department.

If I were president, I'd make it law that in order to receive your social security check, you must hand over your driver's license! I've been at the DMV and seen some 70 yr old with a cane that is blind in one eye and can't see out of the other shuffle out of there with their brand-new license....really?? As far as teenagers go.....I'd change the legal driving age to 18 and require that for the first year they are to have no radio in the vehicle, cell phone completely turned off and placed in the trunk and no more than one other passenger in the car. Hell, I don't understand why ANYONE is allowed to talk on their phone while driving!?!? That's SO f'd-up!
Danny Soloude

Lockport, IL

#38 May 9, 2013
Danielle Soloude wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, well, are you single? ;)
Hell Yeah I have some side anger over Lago MahKane, er, I mean "Lago Vista"....I have to use Division St regularly and EVEN THOUGH THE SPEED LIMIT is posted in THREE places between Briggs & Farrell, apparently the signs that state "Speed Limit 40 mph" ARE NOT BIG ENOUGH b/c these people can't read 'em! EVERY DAY there's some fossil doing 20 below the speed limit! WTF!?! If you are afraid of the gas pedal, then DON'T DRIVE! JUST ONCE I'd love to see one of these antiques get pulled over for not doing AT LEAST the legal speed limit!! There you go Lockport....There's some BIG revenue to be made on THAT front!! I WILL be suggesting that to the police department.
If I were president, I'd make it law that in order to receive your social security check, you must hand over your driver's license! I've been at the DMV and seen some 70 yr old with a cane that is blind in one eye and can't see out of the other shuffle out of there with their brand-new license....really?? As far as teenagers go.....I'd change the legal driving age to 18 and require that for the first year they are to have no radio in the vehicle, cell phone completely turned off and placed in the trunk and no more than one other passenger in the car. Hell, I don't understand why ANYONE is allowed to talk on their phone while driving!?!? That's SO f'd-up!
Danny says shut your mouth and leave town if you don't like it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#39 May 9, 2013
Danielle Soloude wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, well, are you single? ;)
Hell Yeah I have some side anger over Lago MahKane, er, I mean "Lago Vista"....I have to use Division St regularly and EVEN THOUGH THE SPEED LIMIT is posted in THREE places between Briggs & Farrell, apparently the signs that state "Speed Limit 40 mph" ARE NOT BIG ENOUGH b/c these people can't read 'em! EVERY DAY there's some fossil doing 20 below the speed limit! WTF!?! If you are afraid of the gas pedal, then DON'T DRIVE! JUST ONCE I'd love to see one of these antiques get pulled over for not doing AT LEAST the legal speed limit!! There you go Lockport....There's some BIG revenue to be made on THAT front!! I WILL be suggesting that to the police department.
If I were president, I'd make it law that in order to receive your social security check, you must hand over your driver's license! I've been at the DMV and seen some 70 yr old with a cane that is blind in one eye and can't see out of the other shuffle out of there with their brand-new license....really?? As far as teenagers go.....I'd change the legal driving age to 18 and require that for the first year they are to have no radio in the vehicle, cell phone completely turned off and placed in the trunk and no more than one other passenger in the car. Hell, I don't understand why ANYONE is allowed to talk on their phone while driving!?!? That's SO f'd-up!
Seems to me that you are advocating for more government intervention. This is the same sort of intervention which caused many of the issues you complain about in another thread. There are plenty of laws on the books currently we do not need anymore laws enforce what we already have. If anything less government control and more individual responsibility. Unfortunately anytime an issue occurs such as texting and driving the first inclination is to pass another inane law which will not solve the greater issue only punish the community for the sins of the one.

You also make mention of taking a drivers license away from those senior citizens in order to receive their social security checks. My father in law is 72 has 20/20 vision runs five miles day and hikes the Rocky Mountains, should we take away his license? He is in better shape than most 20 year olds. Point being what you are advocating for takes away from an individual their ability to enjoy their natural rights that were endowed upon them by the creator and that is life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
OMGSTFUALREADY

Lockport, IL

#40 May 9, 2013
Danny Soloude wrote:
<quoted text> Danny says shut your mouth and leave town if you don't like it!
After being subjected to at least a gazillion of YOUR useless, drunken, nonsensical, dirty homosexual posts, I have decided that I AM VERY MUCH in favor of abortion in cases of incest.

Perhaps your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a
warning to others of what happens when brother and sister mate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Tea Party and Ayn Rand 39 min SharkNews 4
are scissors weapons on school buses 47 min WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE 14
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 57 min Cali Girl 2014 50,015
Romeoville teen severely injured by security rope 1 hr Kmh5754 4
Indiana 2 hr CC Ryder 34
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 18 hr Spermcount1 4,050
My son wants be a model how do I go by doing so? (Sep '08) Sun moonlight drive 8

Joliet Jobs

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Joliet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Joliet

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]