Unions are parasites on society

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Educated and know better

Arlington Heights, IL

#1 Feb 16, 2013
Unions both public and private are a like a giant tapeworm on society. They take a lot but they give very little.(except to their Democratic Party masters)

If someone can do the same carpentry, plumbing, sheet metal work, or any other trade just as well as a union man can for less money, then why should anyone pay the union rate?

Some union idiot will say its because we need to make sure their families have a middle class standard of living. Well all that really means is they are concerned with their own self interests. Well guess what, so is everyone else. So if I find some other tradesman to do the work for less, then I'm gonna hire him. Period.

Go to the "hall" and complain to your BA all you want. The rest of us don't care. You don't scare us. We will not be intimidated.

Here end of lesson
Duh

Mokena, IL

#2 Feb 16, 2013
Educated and know better wrote:
Unions both public and private are a like a giant tapeworm on society. They take a lot but they give very little.(except to their Democratic Party masters)
If someone can do the same carpentry, plumbing, sheet metal work, or any other trade just as well as a union man can for less money, then why should anyone pay the union rate?
Some union idiot will say its because we need to make sure their families have a middle class standard of living. Well all that really means is they are concerned with their own self interests. Well guess what, so is everyone else. So if I find some other tradesman to do the work for less, then I'm gonna hire him. Period.
Go to the "hall" and complain to your BA all you want. The rest of us don't care. You don't scare us. We will not be intimidated.
Here end of lesson
unions protect very good quality talent from jerk off employers like yourself who think a trades person should bust their ass for very little pay and not benefits whatsoever. Unions protect good people from employers like your who screw his employees over which ever way you feel possible without any backlash for your actions. Employers charge high rates for services but do not want pay jack to their employees. Go find some loser tradesmen who does not mind getting his as kicked buy a jerk like yourself. You get what you pay for. You know it and so does everyone else. Public unions are a different story. They want raises without any concessions. You probably are the type of employer that would hire 10 people and pay them 5 bucks an hour for their services and you would collect thousands buy sitting on your fat ass. Democrats have nothing to do with it. It's called being fair to another human being.
Unincorporated

New Lenox, IL

#3 Feb 16, 2013
We should let the market dictate prices. Not some union thug. I have been subjected to merit raises and performance bonuses my whole career. Bust their ass, not likely.
non smoker

Frankfort, IL

#4 Feb 17, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>unions protect very good quality talent from jerk off employers like yourself who think a trades person should bust their ass for very little pay and not benefits whatsoever. Unions protect good people from employers like your who screw his employees over which ever way you feel possible without any backlash for your actions. Employers charge high rates for services but do not want pay jack to their employees. Go find some loser tradesmen who does not mind getting his as kicked buy a jerk like yourself. You get what you pay for. You know it and so does everyone else. Public unions are a different story. They want raises without any concessions. You probably are the type of employer that would hire 10 people and pay them 5 bucks an hour for their services and you would collect thousands buy sitting on your fat ass. Democrats have nothing to do with it. It's called being fair to another human being.
Who r u kidding? Unions excuse sloths like you from working hard, gets them off for poor performance, hires minorities and unskilled workers, actually produces lower quality work, is crooked and bullies the real hard working people, Gangs up on non union workers, is made up of shady low lifes, should disbanded and pay for performance only
Duh

Mokena, IL

#5 Feb 17, 2013
non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>
Who r u kidding? Unions excuse sloths like you from working hard, gets them off for poor performance, hires minorities and unskilled workers, actually produces lower quality work, is crooked and bullies the real hard working people, Gangs up on non union workers, is made up of shady low lifes, should disbanded and pay for performance only
actually 30 yrs experience,26 with the union, never needed the union once for any issue. Have a three decade track record of excellence. My employer loves my ability talent/ personality. They wish they had more like myself. No take person like yourself. Hates people ,probably has a business , hires 30 illegal immigrants ,does not want to pay an honest wage cause he's to greedy and won't pay an honest American a fairly. Go fly your flag an call yourself a proud American .
Professor

United States

#6 Feb 17, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>unions protect very good quality talent from jerk off employers like yourself who think a trades person should bust their ass for very little pay and not benefits whatsoever. Unions protect good people from employers like your who screw his employees over which ever way you feel possible without any backlash for your actions. Employers charge high rates for services but do not want pay jack to their employees. Go find some loser tradesmen who does not mind getting his as kicked buy a jerk like yourself. You get what you pay for. You know it and so does everyone else. Public unions are a different story. They want raises without any concessions. You probably are the type of employer that would hire 10 people and pay them 5 bucks an hour for their services and you would collect thousands buy sitting on your fat ass. Democrats have nothing to do with it. It's called being fair to another human being.
Someone lied to you. I'm a union member. Local 705 Chicago. I work for YRC INC. Research what Happened there. The WORLDWIDE carrier stated they would go out of business if concessions are not agreed to. The IBT put it up for vote. Membership rejected it, James Hoffa said we don't know what we are doing. He FORCED a revote for the company. Membership rejected it again. He sent the union bullies to Chicago and told us to vote for this concession, sent mail to our homes to intimidate and scare our wives and family IMO. It passed on the THIRD vote. THE EMPLOYEES TOOK A 15% PAY CUT, LOSS OF FURTHER PENSION COBTRIBUTIONS, AND LOST ONE
WEEK OF VACATION EVERY YEAR. Along with changes to working conditions and rules. Union members at YRC INC are now receiving substandard wages and benefits compared to non-union companies. How does that represent your position on unions protecting the working middle class? I would argue and say they are protecting their own self interest. Wouldn't it be great if we could of just continued to revoted until we got Obama out of office? I do!
Duh

Mokena, IL

#7 Feb 17, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone lied to you. I'm a union member. Local 705 Chicago. I work for YRC INC. Research what Happened there. The WORLDWIDE carrier stated they would go out of business if concessions are not agreed to. The IBT put it up for vote. Membership rejected it, James Hoffa said we don't know what we are doing. He FORCED a revote for the company. Membership rejected it again. He sent the union bullies to Chicago and told us to vote for this concession, sent mail to our homes to intimidate and scare our wives and family IMO. It passed on the THIRD vote. THE EMPLOYEES TOOK A 15% PAY CUT, LOSS OF FURTHER PENSION COBTRIBUTIONS, AND LOST ONE
WEEK OF VACATION EVERY YEAR. Along with changes to working conditions and rules. Union members at YRC INC are now receiving substandard wages and benefits compared to non-union companies. How does that represent your position on unions protecting the working middle class? I would argue and say they are protecting their own self interest. Wouldn't it be great if we could of just continued to revoted until we got Obama out of office? I do!
it is unfortunate that in your case that did not work out but never the less keep fighting professor. I have taken cuts and worked with my employer too in this Obama economy. I don't like it but with out representation employers will walk over anyone and anything in order to maximize there gains. This is a extremely sad economy at I hate it too. I did not vote for this administration. But I'm not giving up.i deal with childlike management that treat elder veteran employees like crap cause they can.this is what I'm fighting.
someone

Chicago, IL

#8 Feb 17, 2013
I was ibew for 17 years, I saw coworkers get same pay as me by doing less work, doing sloppy work and praising the the union while doing side jobs and not helping their 'brothers' at non union shops. Now I make about $1 less an hour but I get vacation and sick days and don't pay over$225.00 a quarter for dues. So for me, non union is the way to go and no my customers don't get shiitty work for their money
Nuts

Mokena, IL

#10 Feb 17, 2013
@someone. I am sure you are full of shit and hack work in to make money for you god the employer. Do you even know controls? High voltage splicing? Bending anything over 1" pipe? I didn't think so. You are just a f@cking hack that can barely wire a switch. Enjoy you next pay cut the next time your employer needs to increase profits to buy that new Cadillac.
Duh

Mokena, IL

#11 Feb 17, 2013
Nuts wrote:
@someone. I am sure you are full of shit and hack work in to make money for you god the employer. Do you even know controls? High voltage splicing? Bending anything over 1" pipe? I didn't think so. You are just a f@cking hack that can barely wire a switch. Enjoy you next pay cut the next time your employer needs to increase profits to buy that new Cadillac.
way to put it nuts. When they are handing him his pink slip someday for just showing up for work without any reason why he will get the picture. He probably kisses up to management cause he is unwilling to stand up for his own rights. Unions simply protect good workers from hack managers that like to push employees around. Unions have stood up for solid working people time and time again and in the end it's the managers that get the pink slip for being evil cause they think they can. Grow a pair someone.
Pro Union

Joliet, IL

#12 Feb 17, 2013
Duh and Nuts please do not allow yourselves to be drawn into an argument with these people on here. They continuously bring up this same argument every few months because they have nothing better to do and just want to start s--t. None of these people have the first clue about what a union does or does not do they only know what Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, and all of these other wacko's say. I have union stickers on my car, signs in my yard and often am wearing pro union clothing and i have yet to have anyone say one negative thing to me but on here it seems like the words just flow so freely, go figure.Don't let the people posting anonymously behind a keyboard get under your skin, when it comes down to it they don't know s--t.
Union Historian

Frankfort, IL

#13 Feb 17, 2013
Gents,

Unions were very important to our history. Insurance, Paid Vacations, 40 hour work weeks, being able to retire as an employee were all due to labor unions in our country. These benefits simply did not exist before unions. So if you hate unions and are employed by a company. Just know that unions made it possible. It's our history.

Not so fast pro-union folks. You have to know that like any form of non-capitalist organization, just like government, they become corrupt. Unions abused business in our country, just like the government did. They don't understand how to take responsiblity for other peoples money. They can't save, simply put. Unions do a poor job saving, just like government. When things go well,they demand raises, increases, etc. Well, guess what? Things don't always go well. They abused the auto-industry to the point of failure.

The combination of government employees and unions is the worst disgrace in our country. The pensions and work environment they have created is shameful to our democracy. They hold the taxpayers hostage. These unions are simply a corrupt expansion of government.
Duh

Mokena, IL

#14 Feb 17, 2013
10-4 pro union brother!
Professor

United States

#15 Feb 17, 2013
Pro Union wrote:
Duh and Nuts please do not allow yourselves to be drawn into an argument with these people on here. They continuously bring up this same argument every few months because they have nothing better to do and just want to start s--t. None of these people have the first clue about what a union does or does not do they only know what Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, and all of these other wacko's say. I have union stickers on my car, signs in my yard and often am wearing pro union clothing and i have yet to have anyone say one negative thing to me but on here it seems like the words just flow so freely, go figure.Don't let the people posting anonymously behind a keyboard get under your skin, when it comes down to it they don't know s--t.
Ignoring my great union story? Why don't you elaborate on it? I can't wait to hear you defend the union when they sold the members out in support of the company and themselves.
Professor

United States

#16 Feb 17, 2013
Union Historian wrote:
Gents,
Unions were very important to our history. Insurance, Paid Vacations, 40 hour work weeks, being able to retire as an employee were all due to labor unions in our country. These benefits simply did not exist before unions. So if you hate unions and are employed by a company. Just know that unions made it possible. It's our history.
Not so fast pro-union folks. You have to know that like any form of non-capitalist organization, just like government, they become corrupt. Unions abused business in our country, just like the government did. They don't understand how to take responsiblity for other peoples money. They can't save, simply put. Unions do a poor job saving, just like government. When things go well,they demand raises, increases, etc. Well, guess what? Things don't always go well. They abused the auto-industry to the point of failure.
The combination of government employees and unions is the worst disgrace in our country. The pensions and work environment they have created is shameful to our democracy. They hold the taxpayers hostage. These unions are simply a corrupt expansion of government.
I whole heartedly agree with you. They just did the same to the union freight industry. Bankrupted it and the pension funds. Now the union is the fight of their lives with UPS. The last solid uniontrucking company left in the country. The IBT is on the brink of collapse. The union executives protected their retirement though. The members are screwed!
someone

Chicago, IL

#17 Feb 18, 2013
To nuts and duh, you know nothing about me ot my work. Your attitudes are what is so wrong with this conversation. The ibew could not get me work. I have been non union for seven years now and my skills keep me employed. Both of you are idiots as shown by your arrogance and ignorance. You act.like the union sheep that cause many of the troubles. I know first hand that the brother hood gets kicked aside all the time. The ba has an allegiance to his employer (local), not.to the brotherhood.
Duh

Mokena, IL

#18 Feb 18, 2013
someone wrote:
To nuts and duh, you know nothing about me ot my work. Your attitudes are what is so wrong with this conversation. The ibew could not get me work. I have been non union for seven years now and my skills keep me employed. Both of you are idiots as shown by your arrogance and ignorance. You act.like the union sheep that cause many of the troubles. I know first hand that the brother hood gets kicked aside all the time. The ba has an allegiance to his employer (local), not.to the brotherhood.
someone. I am sorry. I have many IBEW friends that lost work and went on the list. I understand your hated for your union. For many years the building industry and home construction soared. I almost gave up what I did to become and electrician myself but thank god I did not do that. I saw that there were a million electricians out there all grasping for the same ring so I backed off. Your work is not easy but a switch is still wired the same way . Pipe is still bent the same it used to be bent 40 yrs ago. It's an industry that has changed unfortunately not for the electrician. What I do changes rapidly every day. You have to be sharper than a double edged razor to maintain and survive. Being challenged daily is why I survive but employers are making boat loads of money and the worker is still shit on. I need that support from my union to put these guys in their place.not many people can work at the level I have worked for,for decades and I won't give in.your still like me but somehow your dreams were dashed. Keep fighting and know guys like me understand your situation .im not here to insult you.
My Story

Frankfort, IL

#19 Feb 18, 2013
I work for a Fortune 100 company. The latest move is the elimination of overtime. It's called flex time and here's how it works. If the company needs you to stay and work past 8 hours instead of paying overtime the company will let you start later in the day on another work day. If the company needs you to work 10 hours on Monday you get to work 6 hours on Tuesday. This is the type of nonsense employers are putting on their workers. Now this type of thing is all too common in retail. My son, while in High School had to wait by the phone on weekends when he worked at Berkots because they were not sure if the needed him if business was slow, despite the fact that he was already scheduled. I never thought I would see the day when my company would join the race to the bottom (as far as treatment of employees) like the Berkots of the world but it looks like we are headed that way. Why do employers do it....because they can.
Professor

United States

#20 Feb 18, 2013
My Story wrote:
I work for a Fortune 100 company. The latest move is the elimination of overtime. It's called flex time and here's how it works. If the company needs you to stay and work past 8 hours instead of paying overtime the company will let you start later in the day on another work day. If the company needs you to work 10 hours on Monday you get to work 6 hours on Tuesday. This is the type of nonsense employers are putting on their workers. Now this type of thing is all too common in retail. My son, while in High School had to wait by the phone on weekends when he worked at Berkots because they were not sure if the needed him if business was slow, despite the fact that he was already scheduled. I never thought I would see the day when my company would join the race to the bottom (as far as treatment of employees) like the Berkots of the world but it looks like we are headed that way. Why do employers do it....because they can.
Obama forced so many regulations and cost onto business that workers are paying for it. Obama continues to blame companies and greed for your misfortunes. When he is actually causing the problem. Its called transforming America. Obama told you that was his agenda. Didn't you listen?
Ahhhhhhh

United States

#21 Feb 19, 2013
Your daughter is like a parasite on my balls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberals...Pay Up ! 27 min Patriot 4
America Weakened 32 min Patriot 3
Lockport Moving Forward 4 hr Abc 10
It's Good to be Mayor... 4 hr Lockport local 6
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 4 hr help 9,001
Poll Mayoral Election 6 hr Thanks 255
Cruz - Our Next President 10 hr Sharky 30
More from around the web

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]