Will County workers on strike
da

Manhattan, IL

#213 Nov 30, 2013
Unincorporated wrote:
<quoted text>I don't rely on the police for protection. They are there in minutes when seconds count. It's not their fault, they can't be everywhere. When is the last time you heard of a cop preventing a crime because he was in the right place at the right time. That's what I thought. Me neither.
When was the last time you solved a robbery, solved a murder, stopped a murder, rescued someone from domestic abuse, arrested a speeder or drunk driver, found a missing kid, stopped a gangbanger or a drug dealer. Your problem is you can't comprehend all the things they do for you because thanks to them putting their life on the line you don't need to worry about it. Instead of only thinking of how it pertains to you inside your home, imagine if they weren't out there doing all these jobs that they do so well don't you don't even concern yourself with the idea of being afraid.
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#214 Nov 30, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
UH OH!!!!! Now you sparked a nerve with your mentor "Appalled" You know how she hates immigrants!
There are immigrant companies that pay $12 an hour. You are making my point......COMPETITION! You can shop at the store using those immigrant $12 drivers to deliver their product. You have a choice as a consumer! There is a reason people chose to use my company. They don't have too. They have many other choices. We the tax payers don't have any choice. You public sector employee's are forced down our throats. If you are the best option......the consumers will chose you. COMPETITION MY FRIEND! YOU SHOULDNT FEAR IT IF WHAT IM STATING IS NOT TRUE????? LOL!
I don't hate immigrants. My grandparents were immigrants. I hate that immigration laws are not enforced and hardworking Americans have to suffer the consequences of illegal immigration. I hate that the problem is so big and financially consuming that taxpayers feel forced to target hardworking Americans who supply them a service in an effort to keep themselves and the illegal immigration population afloat. This is where you don't have a choice, Professor. This is what is forced down your throat.

Even if you privatize you will not have a choice. The way the system is set up your elected officials will make the choice for you. They have chosen to ignore illegal immigration. They chose to misdirect pension funds which created this problem. NL is headed by a man who chose to screw the system for his own personal gain. It cracks me up that you think you will have any kind of choice where your elected officials are concerned.
Unincorporated

New Lenox, IL

#215 Nov 30, 2013
The unions and the state lied to the public sector employees by promising them something they could never deliver on. That would be these sweetheart pensions. 8% return on investment is needed by the unions funds to deliver on their pension promises. In this day of 0% interests rates, it can't happen. Math doesn't have a position. It just is.
Why are these folks striking in this poor economic environment? To get more money, obviously. We all think we deserve more after being on the job for so many years. That's normal. When a private company isn't making the money needed for raises, there are none awarded. Apply this logic to the public sector. It makes sense. Fire everyone who doesn't want the job at the current excellent pay and benefits (which would be the fact they are employed). Let's see how they do in the private sector. There are thousands of people who would give their right arm for the Will County jobs these strikers are taking for granted. Fire them all. It's time to get costs under control, not business as usual. The Will County taxpayer is broke and those that aren't, are at their limit.
What's your tax bill? has it EVER gone down substantially in any year? Mine hasn't. My house has lost a lot of value yet I am supposed to pay more for less property value? I thought when the housing sector collapsed we would all get a break. Nope, they just changed the multiplier. What a crock!
Hold on

United States

#216 Dec 1, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
UH OH!!!!! Now you sparked a nerve with your mentor "Appalled" You know how she hates immigrants!
There are immigrant companies that pay $12 an hour. You are making my point......COMPETITION! You can shop at the store using those immigrant $12 drivers to deliver their product. You have a choice as a consumer! There is a reason people chose to use my company. They don't have too. They have many other choices. We the tax payers don't have any choice. You public sector employee's are forced down our throats. If you are the best option......the consumers will chose you. COMPETITION MY FRIEND! YOU SHOULDNT FEAR IT IF WHAT IM STATING IS NOT TRUE????? LOL!
Oh but you have plenty of choices. Is anyone holding a gun to your head to make you live in this area. No I didn't think so. You want lower taxes and less services move just 50 miles south. See my point we all make choices and we pay the price tag that comes with them. Bye bye.
Hold on

United States

#217 Dec 1, 2013
Oh and by the way. Not many people make their decision on where to purchase products based on who the trucking outfit is. As a matter of fact I would guess that as long as the product they are buying is the same, they would much prefer a cheaper shipper to help keep costs lower. The problem is that you can't admit that you got everything in your wage and pay scale due to your union doing exactly what these peoples union is doing right now. In fact I would go so far to say that more private sector unions use strong arm tactics and intimidation far and away more than any public sector unions Accept these facts and quit being a hypocrite. Non union folks out here can say as they please. You as a major benefactor from your union should not
Neighbor

Wheaton, IL

#218 Dec 1, 2013
da wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time you solved a robbery, solved a murder, stopped a murder, rescued someone from domestic abuse, arrested a speeder or drunk driver, found a missing kid, stopped a gangbanger or a drug dealer. Your problem is you can't comprehend all the things they do for you because thanks to them putting their life on the line you don't need to worry about it. Instead of only thinking of how it pertains to you inside your home, imagine if they weren't out there doing all these jobs that they do so well don't you don't even concern yourself with the idea of being afraid.
That sounds really good, but the reality is: Most police officers will go through an entire career without discharging their weapon in the commission of their job. Let's face it, they arrive after everything is over & done 99% of the time. I do not want to take away from their esteem, but they can't be everywhere no less on time. What you see on TV is a "show", not reality too. I hear you, but just don't put "all cops" into one category as you seem to do.
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#219 Dec 1, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds really good, but the reality is: Most police officers will go through an entire career without discharging their weapon in the commission of their job. Let's face it, they arrive after everything is over & done 99% of the time. I do not want to take away from their esteem, but they can't be everywhere no less on time. What you see on TV is a "show", not reality too. I hear you, but just don't put "all cops" into one category as you seem to do.
Nice flip, but it just made you look foolish. Just another case of you not being able to tell right from wrong because your personal agenda gets in the way.

They don't have to discharge their weapon. Their mere presence in society makes a difference. Can't say the same for everyone.
MAYir Ray

Cicero, IL

#220 Dec 1, 2013
vote for drunk Larry,,,,,
Unincorporated

New Lenox, IL

#221 Dec 1, 2013
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice flip, but it just made you look foolish. Just another case of you not being able to tell right from wrong because your personal agenda gets in the way.
They don't have to discharge their weapon. Their mere presence in society makes a difference. Can't say the same for everyone.
Concealed Carry works exactly the same way.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#222 Dec 1, 2013
Hold on wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but you have plenty of choices. Is anyone holding a gun to your head to make you live in this area. No I didn't think so. You want lower taxes and less services move just 50 miles south. See my point we all make choices and we pay the price tag that comes with them. Bye bye.
I want lower taxes by giving us tax paying consumers choices in who provides services for us. Lower taxes don't mean less service. We can possibly get better and cheaper service through competition. Consumers deserve choices. The public sector workers and unions denies that because they understand they are not going to be the preferred choice if allowed! This goes for all public services! GIVE US A CHOICE!!!!!!!!!
Professor

Mokena, IL

#223 Dec 1, 2013
Hold on wrote:
Oh and by the way. Not many people make their decision on where to purchase products based on who the trucking outfit is. As a matter of fact I would guess that as long as the product they are buying is the same, they would much prefer a cheaper shipper to help keep costs lower. The problem is that you can't admit that you got everything in your wage and pay scale due to your union doing exactly what these peoples union is doing right now. In fact I would go so far to say that more private sector unions use strong arm tactics and intimidation far and away more than any public sector unions Accept these facts and quit being a hypocrite. Non union folks out here can say as they please. You as a major benefactor from your union should not
Consumers have choices in service providers in the private sector. Can't the tax payers have the same in the public sector? You don't appear to want us too? You are selfish, lazy, & greedy. GIVE US CHOICES IN SERVICE PROVIDERS!
Neighbor

Wheaton, IL

#224 Dec 1, 2013
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice flip, but it just made you look foolish. Just another case of you not being able to tell right from wrong because your personal agenda gets in the way.
They don't have to discharge their weapon. Their mere presence in society makes a difference. Can't say the same for everyone.
You are funny....But if your right, then Rent-A-Cop at $15/HR would be all we need according to you. Once again, your imagination gets in your way. Note: I stated I do not put all Cops into one category. Go look up category to be sure you understand the word, and then think about what I may have meant. You can ask me for further clarification if you wish?
Professor

Mokena, IL

#226 Dec 1, 2013
hold on wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont care what choices you get. Do you honestly believe that your taxes would be lowered through contract services workers. I have to tell you quite honestly. My taxes have gone from $4200 up to $7300 in the last 13 years. And I can tell you its not due to these low level workers making 30 grand a year. You can believe whatever the hell you like. Enjoy your fantasy, where privatization of these workers takes place and your taxes go down. If you believe that your taxes are going to go down out here, then I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. As I said, we all make choices. And obviously one of those choices was to live out here for lower crime rates, good schools etc etc. And with that comes bigger tax bills. And if you dont want to pay for those luxuries then you move to a different area. Many areas pay far more than us as well. You made a choice and now you pay for that choice. Just stop ripping on these people for trying to get a living wage just like the one you got from your union contracts. You are a hypocrite plain and simple. You make 3-4 times what these folks make. And you got it through your union and through strikes etc etc. Accept that fact and move on.
Why do you insist in denying the tax payers a choice on who we hire for services? You are selfish, lazy, and greedy. You are afraid they will do a better job and for cheaper! LOL!
Professor

Mokena, IL

#228 Dec 1, 2013
hold on wrote:
<quoted text>
And then you think that your taxes will be lowered. You are a damn fool. It was okay for you to get yours, but everyone else be damned. You made a decision to live here, now you want Will county to privatize all services. Okay Tattoo go ring the bell for Mr Rourke. The plane for your fantasy island is not only landing its crashing. You can post all your nonsense, and dream your dreams. The bottom line, you will not be correct. Kind of like the whole Obama election thing. Im tired of your nonsense. I made my points enjoy your dream world with your pal that I wont mention by name. Put on Dream Weaver by Gary Wright and have some whiskey.
You know your being extremely selfish and greedy "Hold On" The tax payers deserve a CHOICE of service providers! Competition is part of a Capitalist Society! Don't fear competition!
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#229 Dec 1, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
You are funny....But if your right, then Rent-A-Cop at $15/HR would be all we need according to you. Once again, your imagination gets in your way. Note: I stated I do not put all Cops into one category. Go look up category to be sure you understand the word, and then think about what I may have meant. You can ask me for further clarification if you wish?
I do not need clarification. Your intent to demean law enforcement was quite clear.
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#230 Dec 1, 2013
LOL. Apparently Topix thought that was worth repeating.
Neighbor

Wheaton, IL

#231 Dec 1, 2013
Appalled... Talk to your Doc... You are really getting off beat out here.
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#233 Dec 1, 2013
Unincorporated wrote:
<quoted text>
Concealed Carry works exactly the same way.
Touché. LOL.
Neighbor

Wheaton, IL

#234 Dec 2, 2013
Four More? You are a proven liar, and coward. You even reneged on a $500 donation to the Food Pantry before Thanksgiving. You have no honor.

You know the above is true & I know it's true. I outed you then, and I out you now. As I told you, every time you attack Professor or I out here, I will out you with the truth about you.

Appalled? lay down with dogs & you get flees.
Hold on

United States

#236 Dec 2, 2013
I find it humorous that some of you think privatization is the answer First thing I have to say is, it will still be run through elected officials who are out to get their cut. You think there would not be rampant fraud, kickbacks, mismanagement and huge cost over runs with that system.
Secondly look at the village of new Lenox they are rebating 60 percent of their portion to homeowners and that comes out to what 180 a house give or take So let's will county saved 30 percent through privatization, and that's being generous you might get back say 80 bucks a year. Great but that is not going to save anyone who has a 7000-8000 tax bill.
I just don't see privatization as a real cost saver or alternative To me I see some on here that have just a complete dislike for anything related to a government agency. Just keep in mind that most of these folks make very low wages and they are not the reason your tax bill keeps going up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Yrs Ago UNI Told Appalled she is screwed 34 min Appalled 34
The Secret on TrumpCare is NOW out! 1 hr Not at all surprised 30
Hey fellow Trump Supporters, just checking in..... 1 hr MyPantiesMatchMyBra 13
Route 66 Dirt Track 2 hr Racer 5
Scotland's advice to America: 3 hr MyPantiesMatchMyBra 1
Meet Trumps Mentor 4 hr MyPantiesMatchMyBra 3
where is all the russian collusion news 4 hr Got Sharky 25

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages