Walmart vs Target
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe the Plumber

West Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 23, 2013
There is a pretty big difference between these two stores. The most apparent ones are the shoppers and the cleanliness of the stores. Although I sort of liked it at first, I will be avoiding Walmart. What are your pros and cons of each...why such a different "feel"?
Aaa

Carol Stream, IL

#2 Jan 24, 2013
Just look at the oil stains in the Walmart parking lot. You don't see that many at Target. Walmart is trash. New Lenox has a new slogan- "Welcome to Crestwood".
Yep

Frankfort, IL

#3 Jan 24, 2013
They really can't be compared because Walmart Supercenter is a full grocery store and Target is a scaled down version of Target Super Store.
Professor

Madison, WI

#4 Jan 24, 2013
Target is much more pleasant to shop. Walmart attracts more democrats than republicans. I prefer to shop with people I have something in common with and can relate too!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5 Jan 24, 2013
Target is by far the better store with better quality products, especially the clothing. Walmart has a broader selection though, which rarely makes up for the quality of people roaming through Walmart, and their employees as well. Glad New Lenox now has a great haven for the Joliet trash to find employment at. Ah Walmart, the melting pot of the midwest. The other day I saw a guy walking in wearing almost full hunting camoflauge gear, like he was going to kill a dear in the outdoor section, and a guy walking out full in his best gangbanger garb, pants halfway down his ass, struttin to his hooptie.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6 Jan 24, 2013
Oh yeah one more question about Walmart. Why does it seem that half their parking lot is made up of handicap spaces? Is New Lenox a mecca of elderly and disabled or something?
John Sanchez

Lombard, IL

#7 Jan 24, 2013
Walmart has not only offshored their own operations to the extent that they can, but they have forced other businesses to make a choice between offshoring their production or going out of business when they couldn't provide Walmart with their goods at the price that Walmart demanded.

As to the Walton family, Benjamin Franklin said it best:

"All property, indeed, except the savage's temporary cabin, his bow, his match-coat, and other little acquisitions absolutely necessary to his subsistence, seems to me to be the creature of public convention."

"All the property that is necessary to a man for the conservation of the individual and the propagation of the species is his natural right, which none can justly deprive him of; but all property superfluous to such purposes is the property of the public, who by their laws have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it whenever the welfare of the public shall demand such disposition.

"He that does not like civil society on these terms, let him retire and live among savages."
they are not

Glenview, IL

#8 Jan 24, 2013
Yep wrote:
They really can't be compared because Walmart Supercenter is a full grocery store and Target is a scaled down version of Target Super Store.
Walmart is not a FULL service service store. They are the scaled down version of a grocery store that has cherry picked the most profitable items to sell. Only those who live on prepackaged prepared foods find what they want at Walmart.
NLpigs

Joliet, IL

#9 Jan 26, 2013
I wish we had a meijer, it's better than either of those stores.
Really now

Frankfort, IL

#10 Jan 26, 2013
they are not wrote:
<quoted text>
Walmart is not a FULL service service store. They are the scaled down version of a grocery store that has cherry picked the most profitable items to sell. Only those who live on prepackaged prepared foods find what they want at Walmart.
The produce department at Walmart is far bigger than Target, they have a deli counter and bakery at Walmart and the frozen food section is also larger. So I was comparing Walmart and Target.
hold on

Frankfort, IL

#11 Jan 26, 2013
WalMart is a cesspool of the lowest kind of person in the area. It attracts the minorities like stink to shit. The fact there are stores in the immediate area that cater to these indigent losers contributes to the poor clientele. I knew this would happen as others did as well. The place needs a good fire.
Target, on the other hand seems to attract regular folks. Add the fact there are decent places to eat that don't take LINK cards and you get a better class of people. My how far we have fallen as a community.
Sad

Plainfield, IL

#12 Jan 27, 2013
hold on wrote:
WalMart is a cesspool of the lowest kind of person in the area. It attracts the minorities like stink to shit. The fact there are stores in the immediate area that cater to these indigent losers contributes to the poor clientele. I knew this would happen as others did as well. The place needs a good fire.
Target, on the other hand seems to attract regular folks. Add the fact there are decent places to eat that don't take LINK cards and you get a better class of people. My how far we have fallen as a community.
So you're saying people with LINK cards are a lower class of people? My son has a LINK card and he has Down Syndrome. I think people like you are what brings this community down. You are a D O U C H E B A G!
hold on

Frankfort, IL

#13 Jan 27, 2013
You're an idiot. I obviously meant the people that abuse the LINK system. Not your son.
Professor

United States

#14 Jan 27, 2013
hold on wrote:
OMG! What an extreme right wing nut job! Its extreme comments like yours that are turning republicans into democrats. Your the reason why Romney lost! LOL!
Carrie

Chicago, IL

#15 Jan 27, 2013
Walmart has reasonably priced cheap crap. Target has higher priced cheap crap.
New Lenox Mike

New Lenox, IL

#16 Jan 27, 2013
As a person that visits Walmart at least once a week,both stores have there place and will prosper in New Lenox. I feel the location of Walmart is the issue. We are lucky to have two major interstate highways running through out town,a better location would have been somewhere off I-80 or I-355. I have no problem with either store (one I dress down a little to fit in). I do feel the clientel that Walmart attracts along with the traffic the store generates would be the reasons I would not have placed the store in the middel of town. One big box retail store and one big box hardware would have been enough along 30. All other big box stores should be out on 80 or 355.
hold on

Naperville, IL

#17 Jan 27, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! What an extreme right wing nut job! Its extreme comments like yours that are turning republicans into democrats. Your the reason why Romney lost! LOL!
Why dont you try looking at where the other "hold on" posters ISP comes from. They are from Frankfort and mine says Lombard. It is obviously not me, but your pal who has defended you on several threads. And of course you took the easy route and try to smear me, even though its very clear we are not the same person posting. Its a shame really that you always try and take the easy route and cannot man up to your own shortcomings.
Common Sense

Frankfort, IL

#18 Jan 27, 2013
Professor wrote:
Target is much more pleasant to shop. Walmart attracts more democrats than republicans. I prefer to shop with people I have something in common with and can relate too!
The Dollar Store appreciates your patronage!
Professor

United States

#19 Jan 27, 2013
hold on wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you try looking at where the other "hold on" posters ISP comes from. They are from Frankfort and mine says Lombard. It is obviously not me, but your pal who has defended you on several threads. And of course you took the easy route and try to smear me, even though its very clear we are not the same person posting. Its a shame really that you always try and take the easy route and cannot man up to your own shortcomings.
You like to smear when I tell you someone else is posting under my name. You call me a liar and deceitful. I get it, only you are honest. Probably because your a cop. We know all cops are honest! Right?
hold on

Naperville, IL

#20 Jan 27, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You like to smear when I tell you someone else is posting under my name. You call me a liar and deceitful. I get it, only you are honest. Probably because your a cop. We know all cops are honest! Right?
Not that I think you can even understand it anymore, but here goes. From the IP address location you can see that it was two different posters using my name on here. You posted under one name Professor and Young Gun under the same thread to agree with your own points. Its totally different. I find it amusing that you preach about all your moral values, standing up for the constitution etc etc but yet cannot just admit that I have caught you in multiple lies. For a guy who likes to stand up for whats "right" you sure have some questionable character traits on this site.
And why are you so hung up on my profession, which I may or may not be a part of. Especially if I am such a liar as you would like to believe. Find me telling lies on this site and then you can call me a liar. Until then just man up and admit that you posted under multiple names to back your own position and that you have lied so many times that you cannot keep them all straight. Better yet prove me wrong provide the information that I asked for, that you have already previously posted. Then I will give you the thread name, post number and date that provides contradictory information in your own previous posts. Its a challenge. Put up or shut up. I have already busted you out on two occassions and posted the threads, posts and dates that proved my points before. So please prove me wrong. I will await your response. The truth hurts, but its always better to admit it and move on. So either put up or fess up and lets move on and leave this in the past.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is with them? (May '17) 6 hr Whichwitch 10
Post Office Steals Gift Cards 6 hr Welfare Country 10
Lincoln-Way 210 tax increase. 7 hr Mesothelioma 116
Fire and Fury 9 hr Honestly 288
Democrats look for hope with Maxine Waters 9 hr Honestly 15
Last Post Wins (Sep '12) 9 hr Princess Hey 862
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' 11 hr JoJo 3

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance