congratulations kg on making a low co...

congratulations kg on making a low contract bid for your snow

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
KG Resident

Lockport, IL

#1 Oct 25, 2012
I am glad to see that Kelvin Grove School Board minus Beverly Carlock went with the lowest bid on snowplowing. It is good to see that there are good people in our town who know that the lowest bid is the right way to go. So what if they had to wave the fact that it is an employee. Worst things have really happened in our city. They are running a very efficient school with a superior Superintendent who cares about cost. And really that is what we the taxpayer care about. We do not like under the table politics and no bid contracts to our SPECIAL FRIENDS WHO HAVE GOTTEN EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS IN CONTRACT MONEY--------your taxpayer dollars, out of your pocket. Thank you KG for your fight to be honest and trustworthy. It has been a long time since we saw above board politics in a school. I might add the best school in Lockport! Thanks Supt. Gray, School Board Members minus one that voted for A LOW BID CONTRACT, THE LOWEST BID FOR WORK DONE FOR THE DISTRICT SCHOOLS. BRAVO!!!!
We are family

Lockport, IL

#2 Oct 25, 2012
You can see that most of the board works for the lowest bid! We applaud the low bid contract. That is saying to the taxpayer: we are getting the best bid and the lowest bid for our tax dollars. Plus I do agree that Kelvin Grove is the best school district! Thanks for doing your job well!
Low Bid Contracts a plus

Lockport, IL

#3 Oct 25, 2012
KG Resident wrote:
I am glad to see that Kelvin Grove School Board minus Beverly Carlock went with the lowest bid on snowplowing. It is good to see that there are good people in our town who know that the lowest bid is the right way to go. So what if they had to wave the fact that it is an employee. Worst things have really happened in our city. They are running a very efficient school with a superior Superintendent who cares about cost. And really that is what we the taxpayer care about. We do not like under the table politics and no bid contracts to our SPECIAL FRIENDS WHO HAVE GOTTEN EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS IN CONTRACT MONEY--------your taxpayer dollars, out of your pocket. Thank you KG for your fight to be honest and trustworthy. It has been a long time since we saw above board politics in a school. I might add the best school in Lockport! Thanks Supt. Gray, School Board Members minus one that voted for A LOW BID CONTRACT, THE LOWEST BID FOR WORK DONE FOR THE DISTRICT SCHOOLS. BRAVO!!!!
The board member, Beverly Carleck must have had a friend that she wanted to give it to. She lives next to Tom Kelly. I am glad the majority that were there voted it in and did their duty for the taxpayers! They are doing the people's business and doing it well!
Someone

Lemont, IL

#4 Oct 25, 2012
Why have the policy unless you are going to enforce it. I agree the lowest bid should win but not by bending the rules or policies.
Low Bid Contracts a plus

Lockport, IL

#5 Oct 25, 2012
Someone wrote:
Why have the policy unless you are going to enforce it. I agree the lowest bid should win but not by bending the rules or policies.
All the stuff that has went on at the city with contracts, it takes a lot and I do mean a lot of nerve to complain that this is LEGALLY WAIVED. AND WHEN THEY DID A GOOD JOB LAST YEAR AND THEY ARE SAVING, NOT SPENDING AT A HIGH RATE FOR THEIR FRIENDS, THE TAXPAYERS ARE THE ONES WHO PAY THE COST. SO, AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, IT IS A GOOD THING, A REAL GOOD THING. They are not spending eight hundred thousand dollars on their friends with NO BID CONTRACTS. RULES DO NOT SEEM TO MATTER IN YOUR CITY GOVERNMENT BUT WE RISE UP AND COMPLAIN IF A SCHOOL DISTRICT SAVES THE TAXPAYERS MONEY AND THEY WAIVE A RULE. MY, OH MY, AND I THINK THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IT HAS KNOWINGLY BEEN WAIVED. I SAY THE TAXPAYERS NEED TO SAVE SOMEWHERE, THEY SURE ARE NOT DOING IT AT THE CITY. BRAVO TO THE SCHOOL DISTRICT FROM US!
Someone

Lemont, IL

#6 Oct 25, 2012
Low Bid Contracts a plus wrote:
<quoted text> All the stuff that has went on at the city with contracts, it takes a lot and I do mean a lot of nerve to complain that this is LEGALLY WAIVED. AND WHEN THEY DID A GOOD JOB LAST YEAR AND THEY ARE SAVING, NOT SPENDING AT A HIGH RATE FOR THEIR FRIENDS, THE TAXPAYERS ARE THE ONES WHO PAY THE COST. SO, AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, IT IS A GOOD THING, A REAL GOOD THING. They are not spending eight hundred thousand dollars on their friends with NO BID CONTRACTS. RULES DO NOT SEEM TO MATTER IN YOUR CITY GOVERNMENT BUT WE RISE UP AND COMPLAIN IF A SCHOOL DISTRICT SAVES THE TAXPAYERS MONEY AND THEY WAIVE A RULE. MY, OH MY, AND I THINK THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IT HAS KNOWINGLY BEEN WAIVED. I SAY THE TAXPAYERS NEED TO SAVE SOMEWHERE, THEY SURE ARE NOT DOING IT AT THE CITY. BRAVO TO THE SCHOOL DISTRICT FROM US!
Not sure how or why the idiots of city government became involved in this. I also like saving money but not at thhe exspense of comprimising a sustem that was set up. Why have rules if when you don't want to follow them you can just waive them. Do you know how much was saved. It could be $100 for all I know. This just sets a bad example for future bids contracts and teacher our kids the rules are only there for when the people who made them want them there.
ANONYMOUS

Lockport, IL

#7 Oct 25, 2012
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure how or why the idiots of city government became involved in this. I also like saving money but not at thhe exspense of comprimising a sustem that was set up. Why have rules if when you don't want to follow them you can just waive them. Do you know how much was saved. It could be $100 for all I know. This just sets a bad example for future bids contracts and teacher our kids the rules are only there for when the people who made them want them there.
Ok. since you set up the comparison of the city with this district let me give you some facts. Since you do not know the amount saved and neither do I we are both just thinking at this point. However, the city has spent eight hundred thousand dollars of OUR taxpayer money on an engineer firm. How much could we have saved if they went out for NO BID contracts. Would it been half of that or 400,000 thousand dollars? There is a good example. As for rules, how long have those cars been an issue on the old Rusty garage property? How long has the property on I believe it is 7th St. that the same owner fills his drive with cars? How long and how much money has been lost? What are the rules about that? How about signs on property? Are there rules guiding the use of political signs or not? Are there ordinances? Granted no money is involved but if they would send a bill to the ones running that abuse that it would be revenue for the city. How much money has been paid out so this majority of the city led by non other than the head geru paid out to their own ELECTION lawyers? How much would have been saved for the taxpayers if they had used the city attorney since he is salaried? How much money was paid to get rid of qualified workers in the city to satisfy grudges? We will never know but some of us do because we were told. It is amazing. So you can see there is NO comparison that a small school district is saving us money by waiving a contract that is legal and binding! We are IN money NOT out of money. If only our city ran this efficiently, wouldn't it be wonderful for the taxpayers? Then we have to contend with an absolute idiot on here who never answers anything but talks idiotic about residents, messengers, and the like and is by all standards, a moron! If there is anything untrue in this post, we do not see it! We have researched everything and the facts are the facts. It will soon come out with NO fabrication and NO intimidation as we face here with the head moron. Thanks you listening. We have our opinion and we stand by it!
ANONYMOUS

Lockport, IL

#8 Oct 25, 2012
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
One other thing you might say is the fact that the school district receives our taxpayer dollars and so does this city of Lockport. Look at your last tax bill and see. Does the city follow the rules in all cases? I think lots of revenue could have come to the city if they followed the rules and lots of development would have brought our taxes down! It is a win win with KG. and our tax dollars but not the city!
Congratulations

Lockport, IL

#9 Oct 25, 2012
ANONYMOUS wrote:
<quoted text> One other thing you might say is the fact that the school district receives our taxpayer dollars and so does this city of Lockport. Look at your last tax bill and see. Does the city follow the rules in all cases? I think lots of revenue could have come to the city if they followed the rules and lots of development would have brought our taxes down! It is a win win with KG. and our tax dollars but not the city!
As usual, the contrary member who vowed to do so much good and has always started trouble with the others has spoken to deny the people a good deal. She did not win and her analogy is poor. She better look at what her tax bill is and talk to her neighbor. She is getting nothing for her taxes from this city yet we do not see her complain. Oh no, she is friends with Tommy next door. I live on that street and I know. Congratulations, Kelvin, You did well by the taxpayers and Beverly should be on her way next election. She is not bipartisan, just a trouble maker.
ANONYMOUS

Homer Glen, IL

#10 Oct 25, 2012
ANONYMOUS wrote:
<quoted text> Ok. since you set up the comparison of the city with this district let me give you some facts. Since you do not know the amount saved and neither do I we are both just thinking at this point. However, the city has spent eight hundred thousand dollars of OUR taxpayer money on an engineer firm. How much could we have saved if they went out for NO BID contracts. Would it been half of that or 400,000 thousand dollars? There is a good example. As for rules, how long have those cars been an issue on the old Rusty garage property? How long has the property on I believe it is 7th St. that the same owner fills his drive with cars? How long and how much money has been lost? What are the rules about that? How about signs on property? Are there rules guiding the use of political signs or not? Are there ordinances? Granted no money is involved but if they would send a bill to the ones running that abuse that it would be revenue for the city. How much money has been paid out so this majority of the city led by non other than the head geru paid out to their own ELECTION lawyers? How much would have been saved for the taxpayers if they had used the city attorney since he is salaried? How much money was paid to get rid of qualified workers in the city to satisfy grudges? We will never know but some of us do because we were told. It is amazing. So you can see there is NO comparison that a small school district is saving us money by waiving a contract that is legal and binding! We are IN money NOT out of money. If only our city ran this efficiently, wouldn't it be wonderful for the taxpayers? Then we have to contend with an absolute idiot on here who never answers anything but talks idiotic about residents, messengers, and the like and is by all standards, a moron! If there is anything untrue in this post, we do not see it! We have researched everything and the facts are the facts. It will soon come out with NO fabrication and NO intimidation as we face here with the head moron. Thanks you listening. We have our opinion and we stand by it!
Opps.....my mistake...."I'M" not actually thinking....I NEVER do! This is transparent by my constant rambling and butchering of the English Language.

But, enough about that.....

ALL's I REALLY want to think and talk about is my true love.....KELLY TURNER! C'mon big daddy! come stick your rod up my butt!
kelvinresident

Lockport, IL

#11 Nov 15, 2012
The school board has a lot of other things they need to look at besides this. There are far worse problems in the district then how much they will spend on snowplowing.

They might need to look at how to keep principals and how to deal with teachers who are not doing right by students. I have a feeling that they keep getting rid of principals because they are not able to keep the teachers in line and doing their jobs. Maybe they should start taking a look at which teachers they need to replace.
Why so much hate

Lockport, IL

#12 Nov 15, 2012
kelvinresident wrote:
The school board has a lot of other things they need to look at besides this. There are far worse problems in the district then how much they will spend on snowplowing.
They might need to look at how to keep principals and how to deal with teachers who are not doing right by students. I have a feeling that they keep getting rid of principals because they are not able to keep the teachers in line and doing their jobs. Maybe they should start taking a look at which teachers they need to replace.
D91 is terrible. The administration is terrible. The Milne Grove prinicipal is a control freak who is more concerned with keeping things neat than anything else. The Kelvin Grove principal is just like the last one. Look through the hallways. Read the posters that talk about character, anti-bullying, etc.. then watch the administration turn their heads!!!
worried

Homer Glen, IL

#13 Nov 15, 2012
you people wont be praising the low bidder when he hits you in your car or runs over a child. the lowest bid isnt always the best (quality is) so to the person who had their head up there ass saying the lowest bid is the best, wipe the shit out of your eyes and take a look at what happens when people get the cheapest work they can......They get F****d in the ass
Mr Mcgoo

Lockport, IL

#14 Nov 16, 2012
worried wrote:
you people wont be praising the low bidder when he hits you in your car or runs over a child. the lowest bid isnt always the best (quality is) so to the person who had their head up there ass saying the lowest bid is the best, wipe the shit out of your eyes and take a look at what happens when people get the cheapest work they can......They get F****d in the ass
Sounds like Mr. Mcgoo does not know the story. The fact of the matter is that this person's company did an excellent job last year and unlike the city their performance counts along with the low bid. You have neither. Could it be that you are sticking up for a neighbor of the off beat board member? Sounds like it...You could use some character yourself with that mouth. And just because you look like Mr. Mcgoo, don't pride yourself. We know you and you should be worried. You are a lost case! Kelvin Grove is the best thing in this community! It saves money NOT WASTES MONEY AS THE CITY HAS DONE ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS! ELECTION TIME IS COMING WHEN ALL WILL BE REVEALED ABOUT YOUR SPENDING HABITS ALONG WITH BARRY GOLDWATER AKA DICKIE AND TOMMY THE PIRATE. HAVE FUN, MR. MCGOO! My family is going out to enjoy this weather and a superb fish dinner at the Vfw.
vf
lockport

Lockport, IL

#15 Nov 16, 2012
Why so much hate wrote:
<quoted text>
D91 is terrible. The administration is terrible. The Milne Grove prinicipal is a control freak who is more concerned with keeping things neat than anything else. The Kelvin Grove principal is just like the last one. Look through the hallways. Read the posters that talk about character, anti-bullying, etc.. then watch the administration turn their heads!!!
principals, administration, bla bla bla. we had one pricapal, no adminastrators, it's amazing what has happened in the last 40 years. 75% of your tax bill goes to schools. now we have grade schools with princapals asst principals, administrators, bla bla bla. back in the day a women became a teacher to supplement the income at home. now it's a 60.000 to 100.000 dollar 9 month job
STILL AT IT

Homer Glen, IL

#16 Nov 17, 2012
Mr Mcgoo wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like Mr. Mcgoo does not know the story. The fact of the matter is that this person's company did an excellent job last year and unlike the city their performance counts along with the low bid. You have neither. Could it be that you are sticking up for a neighbor of the off beat board member? Sounds like it...You could use some character yourself with that mouth. And just because you look like Mr. Mcgoo, don't pride yourself. We know you and you should be worried. You are a lost case! Kelvin Grove is the best thing in this community! It saves money NOT WASTES MONEY AS THE CITY HAS DONE ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS! ELECTION TIME IS COMING WHEN ALL WILL BE REVEALED ABOUT YOUR SPENDING HABITS ALONG WITH BARRY GOLDWATER AKA DICKIE AND TOMMY THE PIRATE. HAVE FUN, MR. MCGOO! My family is going out to enjoy this weather and a superb fish dinner at the Vfw.
vf
Um, are you talking about the little old blind man from the old cartoons?

That's Mr. MAgoo you dipshit!!

And nobody gives a hoot what you and your imaginary family are doing. Why don't you be HONEST and tell everyone the truth.....your 83 yr old self is going to take post outside KELLY TURNER'S bathroom window and pray for just a glimpse of the man that makes your wrinkly saggy old vagina quiver.
Why so much hate

Lockport, IL

#17 Nov 19, 2012
Yes it is important to budget correctly. Go KG. Now when will they make the kids a priority? They DO NOT follow through on the pillars of character. They shove it down the kids throat on coloring pages but when there is a kid with bad character there are no consequences. I don't mean a one time behavioral problem. I mean rotten kids getting away with bad behavior over and over again because administration doesn't want to get involved. The teachers are busy teaching while administration hides in their offices claiming "they didn't know about the problem". I'm glad the snow will be removed at a reasonable cost but come on, help the kids who can barely make it through the day because some other kids make fun of them. Famous last administration words: There really isn't anything we can do.
Beverly

Lockport, IL

#18 Nov 19, 2012
Why so much hate wrote:
Yes it is important to budget correctly. Go KG. Now when will they make the kids a priority? They DO NOT follow through on the pillars of character. They shove it down the kids throat on coloring pages but when there is a kid with bad character there are no consequences. I don't mean a one time behavioral problem. I mean rotten kids getting away with bad behavior over and over again because administration doesn't want to get involved. The teachers are busy teaching while administration hides in their offices claiming "they didn't know about the problem". I'm glad the snow will be removed at a reasonable cost but come on, help the kids who can barely make it through the day because some other kids make fun of them. Famous last administration words: There really isn't anything we can do.
As a parent of Kg, I strongly disagree with you! We have people begging to get into our school system and the children are taught character. By the way, if you have the time, it sure seems like you could use some character lessons yourself. And the Supt. has her door open to the public. You are a fibbing lunatic! Most likely you have no children yourself and are a trouble maker!
Curious KG taxpayer

Lockport, IL

#19 Nov 21, 2012
Do you feel that you need any new school board members? I know of an interested person in the neighborhood who values students and education above all else. This person is not sure if he should run for a position. His main vision would be to make sure that the administrators and teachers are held up to standards that will help all students succeed as they move forward in their educational careers. Thoughts?
WE ARE FORTUNATE WITH KG

Lockport, IL

#20 Nov 22, 2012
Curious KG taxpayer wrote:
Do you feel that you need any new school board members? I know of an interested person in the neighborhood who values students and education above all else. This person is not sure if he should run for a position. His main vision would be to make sure that the administrators and teachers are held up to standards that will help all students succeed as they move forward in their educational careers. Thoughts?
Remember how many hours of service it takes and NO ONE needs to watch the Administration in this case. They are more than qualified by years of dedication, background, and experience. Since when is a local person, most likely with NO background in Education, able to know the rigors of being a superintendent or a principal. It is always comical to me to watch these so called do gooders think they have a leg up on everything. If Johnny or Susy gets in trouble they write and stand behind them. That is why we have problems with the youth today. Take it from one who knows and has worked at this school and still does YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS. THEY ARE SAVING YOU MONEY AND WORKING VERY HARD. IF THE CHILD DOES NOT GET A GOOD EDUCATION, IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT IT IS THE FAULT OF THE PARENTS AND THE CHILD. KG HAS AN EXCELLENT RECORD OF ACHIEVEMENT IN THE HIGH SCHOOL. THE TEACHERS THERE...TEACH...NOT LOUNGE. THEY ARE WORTHY OF THEIR POSITION OF THEY ARE GIVEN THEIR WORKING PAPERS. BE THANKFUL ON THIS THANKSGIVING THAT YOU HAVE A SCHOOL SYSTEM FAR AHEAD OF ALL THE REST. BESIDES THAT MRS. GRAY HAS DRIVEN FROM PONTIAC (JUSTIN'S TERITTORY) FOR YEARS AND YEARS. THAT ALONE SHOWS DEDICATION. SHE IS THE HUB BEHIND THAT SCHOOL SYSTEM. GO AHEAD AND DISAGREE BUT THE STUDENTS COMING OUT OF KG ARE ABOVE AND BEYOND THE REST OF THE SCHOOLS. IT IS A NUMBER ONE SCHOOL SYSTEM, ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE! IT IS NOT LIKE OUR CITY...THEY WATCH THEIR PENNIES AND USE IT ON THE STUDENTS, NOT THEIR PET PEOPLE AND NO BID CONTRACTS. KG GOES OUT FOR CONTRACTS AND PICKS THE ONE THAT IS LOWEST AND THE BEST. IT HAS PROVEN TO BE A WIN WIN FOR THE COMMUNITY. I WISH I COULD SAY THE SAME FOR THIS CITY. IT HAS BEEN A LOSE LOSE FOR THE COMMUNITY. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE, BETTER DAYS ARE COMING AFTER APRIL! GOT TO GO HELP MY SPOUSE WITH THE DINNER.

WATCH THE HEAD LAPDOG WRITE ABOUT HIS FANTASIES AND RUIN THE DAY SINCE HE IS HOME ALONE WITH HIS COMPUTER. HE IS A LONG LOST PERSON AND NO NEED TO TRY TO REFORM HIM. HE DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE WHAT THIS TOWN SEES IN HIM. HE IS A CARPETBAGGER FROM UP NORTH THAT CAME HERE AND IS WRECKING OUR TOWN UNTIL APRIL..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 1 hr sickos 3,947
Clinton stretches lead over Trump to 14 points ... 4 hr M-14 Rifle 9
metra heritage line sucks 5 hr clpc 3
TRUMP in number one spot... (Jul '15) 5 hr Some guy 28
Say NO to Syrian Refugees 5 hr Wise up 22
Neighborhood Watch Meeting - Brookstone 6 hr blackpanther999 3
What kind of a man would vote for Hillary? What... 9 hr Look in the mirro... 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages