What was going on at Skate West last ...

What was going on at Skate West last night?

Posted in the Joliet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“No, that's not a picture of me”

Since: Dec 07

Plainfield, IL

#1 Dec 7, 2008
At about 10:45 last night (12/6), I was returning home from work and saw - no exaggeration - approximately 20 Joliet and Will County Sherriff squad cars at the intersection of Gaylord and Theodore in Joliet, right in front of Skate West. The police were preventing cars from going further East on Theodore, forcing them North and South on Gaylord. There were dozens of teenaged kids mulling about, and what seemed to me dozens of thjeir parents' cars maneuvering around.

Anyone have any idea what was up? Just curious...
Joe

Plainfield, IL

#2 Dec 7, 2008
I was there.there was a gang fight and someone got shot

Plainfield, IL

#3 Dec 7, 2008
Joe wrote:
At a friggin' ROLLER RINK, someone had a gun? What a sh**hole town this is becoming...

Thanks for the reply, just the same.
Poor Richard

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Dec 7, 2008
You can't say anything about the gangbangers! They could be mexican or black and you would be a racist! Now say you're sorry and leave them alone!
No_User_Name

United States

#5 Dec 8, 2008
I thought that place was shut down with the owner crying poor.
alright then

Shorewood, IL

#6 Dec 8, 2008
No_User_Name wrote:
I thought that place was shut down with the owner crying poor.
He obviously sold it cause the name on the building is different. It used to say "Skate West" but now just says "Skate" and its centered on the building. Go figure, savages acting like savages... pathetic
fUNNY

Washington, DC

#7 Dec 8, 2008
Poor Richard wrote:
You can't say anything about the gangbangers! They could be mexican or black and you would be a racist! Now say you're sorry and leave them alone!
Yeah cause all the white boys are at home molesting there sisters but lets cover that fact up we dont what people to know about that, what a silly comment.
fUNNY

Washington, DC

#8 Dec 8, 2008
Joe wrote:
If u were really there u wouldnt quote hearsay
Yup

Van Nuys, CA

#9 Dec 8, 2008
fUNNY wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah cause all the white boys are at home molesting there sisters but lets cover that fact up we dont what people to know about that, what a silly comment.
Lets not get started, uneducated one. Please show me a good black, or Mexican "Hood" and I personally will never stereotype again. As far as your molesting comment, you should do your homework before you open your mouth peasant! By the way, you really need to learn how to spell. I guess the third grade education has not done very well for you.
fUNNY

Washington, DC

#10 Dec 8, 2008
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>Lets not get started, uneducated one. Please show me a good black, or Mexican "Hood" and I personally will never stereotype again. As far as your molesting comment, you should do your homework before you open your mouth peasant! By the way, you really need to learn how to spell. I guess the third grade education has not done very well for you.
I find it funny to c how many teachers r on here correcting spelling errors. White people or whatever PC word u want 2 use are notorious for doing what I said u do ur homework just look at all the teachers who have commited such crimes the majority are white, a la Laura Obzera (school nurse). But im sure it doesnt stop with the teachers it starts with the stevens family but we wont mention them either. I can name plenty of "HOODS" who have changed the way they do things n have become motivational speakers and gang counselors. But i could name more white teachers who have commited crimes against children
fUNNY

Washington, DC

#11 Dec 8, 2008
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>Lets not get started, uneducated one. Please show me a good black, or Mexican "Hood" and I personally will never stereotype again. As far as your molesting comment, you should do your homework before you open your mouth peasant! By the way, you really need to learn how to spell. I guess the third grade education has not done very well for you.
Get out of your bubble n may b u will c that white people commit just as many if not more crimes than everyone else. Simple math and statistics; However they are not penalized like everyone else as the jails n prisons reflect that "assumption"

Plainfield, IL

#12 Dec 8, 2008
fUNNY wrote:
<quoted text>Get out of your bubble n may b u will c that white people commit just as many if not more crimes than everyone else. Simple math and statistics; However they are not penalized like everyone else as the jails n prisons reflect that "assumption"
I don't agree with stereoyping or profiling of ANY sort, and both you and the other guy are doing just that. Neither of you is better than the other. There are white, black, brown and yellow criminals of all sorts everywhere you go.

Both of you need to look within yourselves and your communities before you lash out at the other.

And I'm white, in case it makes a difference.
Jim

United States

#13 Dec 8, 2008
Why did this turn into a racist talk ?
I just want to know what happened !
P.S.-
Now matter if you’re white, black, red, blue or what every, every race has those same people that commit crimes !
fUNNY

Washington, DC

#14 Dec 8, 2008
lostinthevines wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with stereoyping or profiling of ANY sort, and both you and the other guy are doing just that. Neither of you is better than the other. There are white, black, brown and yellow criminals of all sorts everywhere you go.
Both of you need to look within yourselves and your communities before you lash out at the other.
And I'm white, in case it makes a difference.
No being white doesn't make a difference to me. I knew making a blanket statement about SP's would probaly offend some people so im wrong for that, but my facts are true at least about the(teachers).
Yup

Van Nuys, CA

#15 Dec 8, 2008
fUNNY wrote:
<quoted text>Get out of your bubble n may b u will c that white people commit just as many if not more crimes than everyone else. Simple math and statistics; However they are not penalized like everyone else as the jails n prisons reflect that "assumption"
Who, Jesse Jackass? Come on! You still have not done your homework. I still do not see you posting the good "Hoods.” All I ask for is one. Only one. And your "Statistics" Yeah... Wrong! Grow up and open your eyes, and use your computer for more than just trying to prove your thoughtless, uneducated guesses.
Jim

United States

#16 Dec 8, 2008
so, what really happened at Skate West the other night.
I was by there as well, I did not know we had that many cops. lol.
fUNNY

Washington, DC

#17 Dec 8, 2008
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>Who, Jesse Jackass? Come on! You still have not done your homework. I still do not see you posting the good "Hoods.” All I ask for is one. Only one. And your "Statistics" Yeah... Wrong! Grow up and open your eyes, and use your computer for more than just trying to prove your thoughtless, uneducated guesses.
Wow! I am embarrassed for you, I won't waste my time on you again, I see that you are truly lost and don't deserve my time.
Yup

Van Nuys, CA

#18 Dec 8, 2008
fUNNY wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! I am embarrassed for you, I won't waste my time on you again, I see that you are truly lost and don't deserve my time.
Thank you, for proving a GREAT point!
fUNNY

Bolingbrook, IL

#19 Dec 8, 2008
The foundation of every state is the education of its youth. Notice any similarities http://www.wnd.com/index.php...
Diane

Shorewood, IL

#20 Dec 8, 2008
That was by my house and thats in Crest Hill not Joliet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only a Corporate Republican would do this! 1 hr Straight Tea 17
St. Jude Mass 1 hr Straight Tea 7
Baby Part Trafficing 2 hr John Sanchez 37
TRUMP in number one spot... 3 hr just saying 13
Lockport's water department employees are royal... 6 hr StevePunk 9
Complete Text of Iran Nuke Deal 7 hr Patriot 25
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 9 hr help 9,834
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Joliet Mortgages