First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Crying Towel

Manhattan, IL

#1 Apr 10, 2013
I'll bet there will be some sad faces at the village hall today and for some , very happy faces.
Todays Manhattan

Chicago, IL

#2 Apr 10, 2013
How much is the Village going to have to pay for unemployment compensation to the Illinois Department of Employment Security. You don't lay people off for free.
Manhattan Resident

Manhattan, IL

#3 Apr 10, 2013
Todays Manhattan wrote:
How much is the Village going to have to pay for unemployment compensation to the Illinois Department of Employment Security. You don't lay people off for free.
I believe if a position is teminated or if a person is dissmissed, I don't belive they can draw compensation. Thats the risk you take working for a taxing body. There are no guarantees. And I could be wrong. Still better than those high salaries.
A Horse

Downers Grove, IL

#4 Apr 10, 2013
Very true, but even if a few do end up collecting, it would still only be about 4% of the total cost's of Marian's salary.

The new board needs to have long term goals for any future employment. They need to concentrate on only the skilled and correct applicants for any new positions and plan on hanging on to them for the long term with incentives to the particular positions.( A good employee looks forward to his/her job daily,,,,Not just there for a check) That would change the ball game.
Are Police Chief and Police Officers are a very good example. My hat's off to them.
is this true

Manhattan, IL

#5 Apr 10, 2013
Todays Manhattan wrote:
from what I've been told , employers pay "unemployment insurance" they pay quarterly regardless if someone is laid off or not. I believe the rate at which they pay is based on how many are employed . I think
A Horse

Downers Grove, IL

#6 Apr 10, 2013
is this true wrote:
<quoted text>from what I've been told , employers pay "unemployment insurance" they pay quarterly regardless if someone is laid off or not. I believe the rate at which they pay is based on how many are employed . I think
You are correct in a way.
We pay a percentage based on employment history. As you lay people off and they go to collect, the percentage goes up. The less you lay off the lower the rate. Exactly why it is so very important to higher the correct and qualified employees. The idea is to be the most efficient with what you have, not be reckless and think everything is disposable. That attitude cost's at a very high price.
Our current Federal Government is a prime example of what not to do. LOL.
Been their done that

Gurnee, IL

#7 Apr 10, 2013
Lets see if Biscan keeps his word about all the mistakes he made. Mr Doyle don't let us down, we need big business here. Convention centers will only attract Joliet people. We need to build her to bring it here.
the Jury Room

Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 10, 2013
A downsizing or a restructuring is a consequence that is not attributable to a workers fault and therefore the State of Illinois will approve unemployment benefits for those paycheck employees that are due to be effected. Does the Village Hall erect bunting and lower the flag to half staff in a case such as this? Or otherwise pay tribute to the people that got caught in the middle. It's not as if any of these girls were out campaigning for Borgo. The police officers were not. I hope Doyle can bring joy to Mudville again. But I'm not certain he can. I'm just not certain.
Manhattan Resident

Manhattan, IL

#9 Apr 11, 2013
the Jury Room wrote:
A downsizing or a restructuring is a consequence that is not attributable to a workers fault and therefore the State of Illinois will approve unemployment benefits for those paycheck employees that are due to be effected. Does the Village Hall erect bunting and lower the flag to half staff in a case such as this? Or otherwise pay tribute to the people that got caught in the middle. It's not as if any of these girls were out campaigning for Borgo. The police officers were not. I hope Doyle can bring joy to Mudville again. But I'm not certain he can. I'm just not certain.
Taliking about mudville, Doyle didn't create it. I think people are getting the wrong idea.
the Jury Room

Elmwood Park, IL

#10 Apr 11, 2013
Manhattan Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Taliking about mudville, Doyle didn't create it. I think people are getting the wrong idea.
In 2005 and 2009 the voters overwhelmingly put Borgo in the seat over Doyle. It was until Borgo didn't realize it that it was time to backoff on the taxation that the voters turned on him and ran back to Doyle. Reminds me of dating on the rebound. It never works out the way you think. Bad move to run right back to Doyle and time will show that.
Wake Up

Manhattan, IL

#11 Apr 11, 2013
Nothing will be different under Doyle, he and Borgo are the same. Guess it's hard to look back in time and see the failure that was, and now will be again. Good job idiot voters!
WWF

Chicago, IL

#12 Apr 11, 2013
Wake Up wrote:
Nothing will be different under Doyle, he and Borgo are the same. Guess it's hard to look back in time and see the failure that was, and now will be again. Good job idiot voters!
Who did you vote for (Idiot!)? Or let me guess, you did not vote! The choices were slim and the voters had enough of Borgo. So, Doyle or Mike A. who seemed nice enough but had absolutely no experience. Time to quit bashing and come together as a community and work together. Maybe, just maybe we can turn this town around!
TNA

Manhattan, IL

#13 Apr 11, 2013
WWF wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did you vote for (Idiot!)? Or let me guess, you did not vote! The choices were slim and the voters had enough of Borgo. So, Doyle or Mike A. who seemed nice enough but had absolutely no experience. Time to quit bashing and come together as a community and work together. Maybe, just maybe we can turn this town around!
This town will never change. What you see now you will see 10 years from now. Only difference you will see more rundown homes, more empty houses in foreclosure, and more empty storefronts. The bars will still be doing great though.
WTFE

Brookfield, IL

#14 Apr 11, 2013
the Jury Room wrote:
<quoted text>In 2005 and 2009 the voters overwhelmingly put Borgo in the seat over Doyle.
RE 2009: 153 votes is considered "overwhelmingly?!"

Yeah, ok.
TP SAYS

Bolingbrook, IL

#15 Apr 11, 2013
WTFE wrote:
<quoted text>
RE 2009: 153 votes is considered "overwhelmingly?!"
Yeah, ok.
In this town,that's a landslide.
Boom

United States

#16 Apr 11, 2013
No nearly 300 votes in this town is a landslide
the Jury Room

Chicago, IL

#17 Apr 11, 2013
Then it's a half landslide and nonetheless, a victory that did not spurn a recount.
LOL 2

Chicago, IL

#18 Apr 12, 2013
The stat of affairs in Manhattan can be summed up in one word. Apathy. And some people think Doyle and Beemsterboer are going to turn that around. LOL.
Iheartmanhattan

Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 12, 2013
Nobody will be laid off or terminated. It's Illinois. You can't be fired without cause. The village adminstrator is an appointed position by the Mayor singularly and not subject to State or Federal Employment Laws. She will be gone and her duties will most likely be spread to the Planner and Finance. That is the only change you will see operationally. The change to Doyle will be nothing more than a change in attitude of how business is done. The attitude of the citizens toward each other. A town does not rally behind a single person. Thats called a dictator which is what the last 8 years have been. A strong town will rally behind the name of the town and everything and every one it encompasses. The first step to moving forward is reinstalling the civic pride it once had. With Borgo, we did not have a chance at that. The change that occured by an overwhelming majority puts us that much closer to that. No matter who it was, it is a step to being neighbors again rather than being those who have and those who do not.
LMAO

Manhattan, IL

#20 Apr 12, 2013
Iheartmanhattan wrote:
Nobody will be laid off or terminated. It's Illinois. You can't be fired without cause. The village adminstrator is an appointed position by the Mayor singularly and not subject to State or Federal Employment Laws. She will be gone and her duties will most likely be spread to the Planner and Finance. That is the only change you will see operationally. The change to Doyle will be nothing more than a change in attitude of how business is done. The attitude of the citizens toward each other. A town does not rally behind a single person. Thats called a dictator which is what the last 8 years have been. A strong town will rally behind the name of the town and everything and every one it encompasses. The first step to moving forward is reinstalling the civic pride it once had. With Borgo, we did not have a chance at that. The change that occured by an overwhelming majority puts us that much closer to that. No matter who it was, it is a step to being neighbors again rather than being those who have and those who do not.
actually in the State of Illinois you can fire someone without a reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Reality Of Racism 1 hr Patriot 1
Sharky Confession continued 1 hr Patriot 5
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 1 hr Let it go 9,180
Carly Fiorina 2016 1 hr Patriot 6
Kraus is having problems again today 2 hr Tech Guy 14
joe beno 1912 root is business 747 (Sep '10) 3 hr sunnyland 4
Remove the Propaganda 3 hr 6th Street 1
More from around the web

Joliet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE