Dying unions
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Laughing AT you

New Lenox, IL

#1 Dec 18, 2013
Just wondering how all of you big tough union members are handling the fact that private sector unions are dying on the vine.

Building after building gets built with non-union labor while you guys stand in front with a silly inflatable rat.

Do you really think anyone cares?

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey.....goodbye !
Unincorporated

Darien, IL

#2 Dec 18, 2013
Laughing AT you wrote:
Just wondering how all of you big tough union members are handling the fact that private sector unions are dying on the vine.
Building after building gets built with non-union labor while you guys stand in front with a silly inflatable rat.
It's hard to change your way of life. If you are brought up in a union household and only know this way, what are you going to do? If you cross the line you take a pay cut and perhaps get your ass beat. That's besides being made an outcast in your own circles. They are in a real fix that's for sure. Keep the illegals out of the country and we might have a chance. Shoddy work from shoddy people.
No longer needed

New Lenox, IL

#3 Dec 18, 2013
Laughing AT you wrote:
The Union is a JOKE! They just have to pay the workers the "prevailing wage".
That big rat out in front means SH*T!
Peter

New Lenox, IL

#5 Dec 18, 2013
Unincorporated wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to change your way of life. If you are brought up in a union household and only know this way, what are you going to do? If you cross the line you take a pay cut and perhaps get your ass beat. That's besides being made an outcast in your own circles. They are in a real fix that's for sure. Keep the illegals out of the country and we might have a chance. Shoddy work from shoddy people.
It's not about being on Team A or Team B. What is the best thing for you to do to support your family? Take the pay cut, take the ass beating (call the police), and do what's best for your family/career in the long run.
If you already have the know-how that you were brought up in a union household and that other ideas exist, you've already made the first step.
I don't really think that many unskilled or illegal laborers are stealing jobs that need to be filled by skilled laborers. But I'm not out there checking documentations. I do not support any illegal labor. I think it spits in the faces of all those immigrants who went through the proper process. I just don't think illegal labor is a reason to support unions.
Good luck to you.
Jimmy Hoffa

Lockport, IL

#6 Dec 19, 2013
The unions killed themselves through back door deals with the other side. Just like the capitalists killed capitalism by the destruction of the middle class. When the customer stops believing and the union member stops believing they won't give you their money or trust.Even Americans catch on eventually once they get past the 24 hour brainwashing their communications provide. The companies that have eliminated middle managers can eliminate unions and profit.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#7 Dec 21, 2013
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about being on Team A or Team B. What is the best thing for you to do to support your family? Take the pay cut, take the ass beating (call the police), and do what's best for your family/career in the long run.
If you already have the know-how that you were brought up in a union household and that other ideas exist, you've already made the first step.
I don't really think that many unskilled or illegal laborers are stealing jobs that need to be filled by skilled laborers. But I'm not out there checking documentations. I do not support any illegal labor. I think it spits in the faces of all those immigrants who went through the proper process. I just don't think illegal labor is a reason to support unions.
Good luck to you.
Unions support illegal amnesty. It's like cutting your own throat. I don't think they realize that. They are brainwashed with that democratic propaganda that they care about them. All the democrats care about is getting their money every election cycle. The stupid unions keep giving ! LOL!!!!!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#8 Dec 22, 2013
The idea of labor unions are a wonderful thing. Nobody would argue that workers should earn their fair share. In theory, they're necessary.

In reality, they're unsustainable. Graft, complacency and all around self-importance is the ruin of labor unions. They're nothing short of a pyramid scheme that grows increasingly expensive and even more increasingly inefficient.
Finkelstein

New Lenox, IL

#9 Dec 22, 2013
Storkleton wrote:
The idea of labor unions are a wonderful thing. Nobody would argue that workers should earn their fair share. In theory, they're necessary.
In reality, they're unsustainable. Graft, complacency and all around self-importance is the ruin of labor unions. They're nothing short of a pyramid scheme that grows increasingly expensive and even more increasingly inefficient.
100% TRUE!
Professor

Mokena, IL

#10 Dec 22, 2013
Storkleton wrote:
Not to mention that all the union officials earn between 100k to 500k yr !
I need a union

Mokena, IL

#11 Dec 22, 2013
Storkleton wrote:
Great! Who will stick up for the workers now? Most corporations have managed to eliminate pensions. You better do what your employers says and work when your employer says so. Let's get rid of everything unions fought for. Overtime pay, paid vacation, sick leave, maternity leave, workers compensation, safety standards, child labor laws, etc. It's all just a big pyramid scheme. Workers in China and India don't need these things. Why should Americans?
We know we can trust CEO's to do what's right. They won't enrich themselves at the expense of the workers. They never ask workers to work harder for less pay.
I think someone named Storkleton takes quite a bit for granted.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#12 Dec 22, 2013
Unions don't get anyone rich other than a few "representatives" that charge a mighty commission on top of workers backs that bring in more workers.

If you think you're not feeding the top, I don't know what to tell you.

If you don't think unions are corrupt, greedy and complacent, I still don't know what to tell you.

The rich will always continue to get rich. The rest should be promoted on merit
Professor

Mokena, IL

#13 Dec 23, 2013
This is what the unions have become. Members are paying the union officials lucrative salaries for this type of representation. The union whom is supposed to represent the members and negotiate contracts for them are now accepting PROPOSALS directly from the company and putting them to vote with the membership? WOW! Maybe that's because the UNION holds 25% shares in YRC? They now are CEO'S and have a financial vested interest in YRC! What a joke!

http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/article/skeptica...
laughingallthrwa ytotheban

Blackstone, IL

#14 Dec 23, 2013
hows that 8.75 an hour working out for you?
WTF are you people

Joliet, IL

#15 Dec 23, 2013
Union members don't use the internets it seems
what

Manhattan, IL

#16 Dec 23, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention that all the union officials earn between 100k to 500k yr !
no they dont
Professor

Mokena, IL

#17 Dec 23, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
no they dont
Here is a breakdown of the Teamster $150K club! I'm tired of educating you "Low Information Citizens" Quit being a fool and educate yourself!

http://www.tdu.org/news/annual-150000-club-re...
Professor

Mokena, IL

#18 Dec 23, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
no they dont
Just to further educate you........you can download the long form from the link I posted of all salaries over $120K. The list is miles long! Everyone in my local make over $120K
I need a union

Mokena, IL

#19 Dec 23, 2013
Storkleton wrote:
Unions don't get anyone rich other than a few "representatives" that charge a mighty commission on top of workers backs that bring in more workers.
If you think you're not feeding the top, I don't know what to tell you.
If you don't think unions are corrupt, greedy and complacent, I still don't know what to tell you.
The rich will always continue to get rich. The rest should be promoted on merit
You can't tell me anything because you don't know anything. "The rich will continue to get rich." Wow! That was deep. You didn't address a single point about working conditions, standards of living, safety, etc.. Nobody is denying there is union corruption. That doesn't mean it can't be fixed. You don't think there is corruption in corporate America, political America? You thinks CEO's get paid on merit? It's a closed club and you and I are not in it. Unions were the only ones sticking up for the workers. If you don't think the corporate owners are corrupt, greedy, and more than willing to screw over human beings to take more for themselves than you're blind and a fool.
I need a union

Mokena, IL

#20 Dec 23, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to further educate you........you can download the long form from the link I posted of all salaries over $120K. The list is miles long! Everyone in my local make over $120K
I assume by "everyone" that you just mean the Union administration. There is a problem with the Union management enriching themselves. Though what would your salry and benefits be without a union. Can you honestly say you would be making the same amount or more without a union?
Professor

Mokena, IL

#22 Dec 24, 2013
I need a union wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume by "everyone" that you just mean the Union administration. There is a problem with the Union management enriching themselves. Though what would your salry and benefits be without a union. Can you honestly say you would be making the same amount or more without a union?
When I started working 25yrs ago.......No. Today most non union companies in my field pay the same if not more in some cases. There are only a handful of union companies left in my field. The union invested everything in the democratic party and now they almost extinct because of it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joliet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 1 hr Facts 4,038
Benghazi: Trey Gowdy Clears Hillary Clinton 3 hr Sharky has no minnow 5
Here's the growing list of big-name Republicans... 3 hr M-14 Rifle 2
Shark Entertainment 3 hr Sharky is s Pervert 7
Lory Lynch Meets Privately w Bill Clinton 3 hr Lynching 8
Say NO to Syrian Refugees 4 hr unkie sam 36
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 5 hr Halloween 10,569

Joliet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance