Volunteers build a new Kingdom Hall

Volunteers build a new Kingdom Hall

There are 59 comments on the Gloversville Leader-Herald story from Aug 25, 2007, titled Volunteers build a new Kingdom Hall. In it, Gloversville Leader-Herald reports that:

In spite of heat and humidity, there was plenty of hard work going on Saturday at the site of the planned new Kingdom Hall serving the congregations in Mayfield, Gloversville and Johnstown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gloversville Leader-Herald.

apologist

Hayesville, NC

#22 Aug 25, 2008
AuroraMom wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
You forget, I am a mom
I am sure your kids dont forget, they would like to though. Poor things.

AuroraMom

Since: Sep 07

United States

#23 Aug 25, 2008
Tiger Rose wrote:
Amon would you like to come visit my hall so you can personaly meet healthy young well rounded children teens and young adults who get good grades go to college )
Wow, are they giving out college scholarships for needy students at the KH these days??

We both know the answer to that one, a resounding NO!

I would love to see statistics at how wonderful the grades are of JW children, and the graduation rates from both accredited high schools and college.

Bring it on Tiger!

I will skip the invitation to visit though. I have spent enough time at the Kingdom Hall, I have vowed never to step foot in one again.
apologist

Hayesville, NC

#24 Aug 25, 2008
your loos.
apologist

Hayesville, NC

#25 Aug 25, 2008
or loss if i can spell
Tiger Rose

Redmond, WA

#26 Aug 25, 2008
Amon did your doctor give you the okay to post? I don't think the forums help you with your hallucinations.

AuroraMom

United States

#27 Aug 25, 2008
apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right I am 12, I am 5tup1d and have no friends.?
I knew it!
Go back to school, open a book and learn something!
apologist

Hayesville, NC

#28 Aug 25, 2008
AuroraMom wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew it!
Go back to school, open a book and learn something!
OK!
Hoochiemeister

Thackerville, OK

#29 Sep 27, 2008
You people need to come to my church:

http://www.landoverbaptist.org

NMB

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#31 Sep 27, 2008
AuroraMom

"When I was a kid, it was encouraged to drop out of school at 16, become a pioneer, and accept whatever government handout was offered, since we were "saving mankind" from certain annihilation in 1975."

Funny I was a senoir in high school in 1975 and I never heard anyone being encouraged to quit school to pioneer.

Everything I remember was encouraging us to make the best use of public school/education so that we could support ourselves if/when we decided to pioneer.

Which do I believe, your claim or my past?

AuroraMom

Oswego, IL

#32 Sep 27, 2008
NMB wrote:
AuroraMom
"When I was a kid, it was encouraged to drop out of school at 16, become a pioneer, and accept whatever government handout was offered, since we were "saving mankind" from certain annihilation in 1975."
Funny I was a senoir in high school in 1975 and I never heard anyone being encouraged to quit school to pioneer.
Everything I remember was encouraging us to make the best use of public school/education so that we could support ourselves if/when we decided to pioneer.
Which do I believe, your claim or my past?
It was said from the podium, so since talks are written by the boys in Brooklyn, you either a) did not go to meetings much b) are lying c) taking cues from your cult, and denying what really happened in your past.

Since you must be pretty brain dead to have stayed in the cult this long, I am not surprised you don't remember what really happened in your past.

NMB

Location hidden

#33 Sep 29, 2008
AuroraMom wrote:
<quoted text>
It was said from the podium, so since talks are written by the boys in Brooklyn, you either a) did not go to meetings much b) are lying c) taking cues from your cult, and denying what really happened in your past.
Since you must be pretty brain dead to have stayed in the cult this long, I am not surprised you don't remember what really happened in your past.
You might want to look up the following:
May 1973 Kingdom Ministry: ""If you are now attending school, can you make adjustments that would enable you to pioneer and yet not neglect your secular education?"

Feb 1st 1970 Watchtower article "What Do You Want Out of Life"

""You are growing up in a world where much emphasis is being placed
on education. While millions of youths are not privileged to receive even
a basic education due to poverty or inadequate educational facilities,
others show contempt for school by playing hooky or attend only
because they have to. Do you manifest such indifference toward your
schooling? Or do you manifest the recognition that the education and
skills you acquire now will have a great bearing on what you will get out
of life?"

September 1st, 1975 Watchtower article "Questions From Readers"

"Christian parents, together with the children, are required to “be
obedient to governments and authorities.”(Titus 3:1) This would include
their obeying the regulations of the state concerning secular education.
In most countries the state requires students to remain in school until a
certain age, which may vary from thirteen to eighteen years. In some
lands only a few years of education are available, and then it is left up to
the family to arrange for the child’s future. In many cases this means
that the child is left to fend for himself. But whenever the law stipulates
that children are to attend school for a given number of years, Christian
children should do this, since it does not conflict with any other Bible
command.—Matt. 22:21."

NMB

Location hidden

#34 Sep 29, 2008
AuroraMom wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll refrain from the name calling. I'll let that up to you!

AuroraMom

Oswego, IL

#35 Sep 29, 2008
NMB wrote:
<quoted text>

In most countries the state requires students to remain in school until a
certain age, which may vary from thirteen to eighteen years.
Christian
children should do this, since it does not conflict with any other Bible
command.—Matt. 22:21."
Thanks for proving my point!
The age was 16 when I was in school, so that was when it was encouraged to quit, and many did.
This was before "home schooling" so I do fear for the JW children now.
At least at school I was able to get an educated.
Home schooling for JW children is a joke, the poor children!!

AuroraMom

Oswego, IL

#36 Sep 29, 2008
Obviously meant can an EDUCATION
There is no learning done at JW meetings

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Bangor Maine USA

#37 Sep 29, 2008
"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things….all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years… as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone"!

-- Awake, 5/22/1969, pg15

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things….all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years… as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Bangor Maine USA

#38 Sep 29, 2008

NMB

Location hidden

#39 Sep 29, 2008
Danny Haszard wrote:
If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone"!
-- Awake, 5/22/1969, pg15
The return of Mr. Pepperspray.

AuroraMom

Oswego, IL

#41 Sep 29, 2008
SpermWhale wrote:
<quoted text>
The JH'ers don't believe in flying saucers or kool-aid or credit swaps. They believe going to heaven when everyone else goes to hell because they are so special....like Micheal Jackson (the child molester).
JW's believe most of them are going to survive an Armageddon here on earth.

They believe ONLY JW's will survive and live on this planet.

I know you are probably thinking "that sounds like hell", and who knows maybe we will all go to heaven and God WILL leave earth for those brainwashed loonies.

Hopefully God will take the children, so the child molestors will only have each other for company.

Since: May 08

Portola, CA

#42 Sep 29, 2008
NMB wrote:
<quoted text>
The return of Mr. Pepperspray.
Just curious here, but is that all you have to say about what he wrote?

Wouldn't you rather refute what he says if you disagree with it? I don't think insulting him is going to make everyone think what he posted isn't true.

I, for one, would like to see what JW's say about that whole "Millions now living will never die" thing in honesty rather than just trying to discredit the ones who bring it up.

Just my opinion, of course.
Tiger Rose

Redmond, WA

#43 Sep 29, 2008
Hi Scourge Danny Haszard peppered sprayed to elderly men who knocked on his door its something he brags about so I guess that is internet name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nbt bank fort plain 6 hr Peeyoo 60
Mitch Evans back in town. Is he still a pot he... 6 hr Cracker 16
News Andrew Jackson is getting bumped from the $20 Aug 24 Jenna Torrey 197
True Value Moron (Oct '14) Aug 24 meathead 2
Ocean Marie Foster Aug 23 neighbor 76
Mayor Barton did a lot for Fort Plain and will ... Aug 22 Whatever 14
who is mayor of FORT PLAIN Aug 22 Whatever 4

Johnstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance