Volunteers build a new Kingdom Hall

Full story: Gloversville Leader-Herald

In spite of heat and humidity, there was plenty of hard work going on Saturday at the site of the planned new Kingdom Hall serving the congregations in Mayfield, Gloversville and Johnstown.
Comments
1 - 20 of 59 Comments Last updated Jun 28, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2007

Judged:

Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs and who are they?

The building of a Kingdom Hall “quick-build” is impressive, but many Witnesses and outsiders do not realize that this is also makes for clever economics. Few people except the religious will devote free time to putting up a building, but Witnesses can do it, and since non-baptized helpers are always present, it affords those reluctant to go door-to-door additional opportunities to “get their monthly time in,” as is required to be considered a Jehovah’s Witness.

The local Witnesses benefit, since it cuts the cost of their loan from the Watchtower Society to get the land, and the Watchtower benefits, not only from the publicity but they also now own more property and buildings (No, the local Witnesses will never own it.).

The Watchtower is big money, being one of the top 40 New York City Corporations making nearly one billion dollars a year. That's just from one of their many corporations.

Unlike in the case of Christians who are persecuted in other lands for talking about Jesus Christ, Jehovah's Witnesses are largely persecuted for following the teachings begun during the second presidency of the Watchtower, when Joseph F. Rutherford took over in a corporate flap and began changing doctrines quickly in the Watchtower belief system. He claimed that angels directly conveyed truth to some of those in leadership. He coined the name Jehovah's Witnesses to make them stand out from being witnesses of Jesus, a typical evangelical expression (and a Biblical one).

If you have been witnessed to by Jehovah's Witnesses and you reject their message, you will likely die shortly at Armageddon with all the other non-Witnesses, since theirs is the only true religion, and (if they can live up to all the rules) they are the only ones to inhabit this new earth. If you believe Witnesses seem rigid now, any non-conformist during the future cleansed earth will be directly destroyed by Jehovah. Even now a Witness will be disfellowshipped for any one of many gaffs, such as smoking, taking a blood transfusion, or even voting.

To even vocally question the teachings of the Watchtower will result in complete cutting off, with family and friends usually being forbidden to talk to them. The Watchtower is a truly Orwellian world, in a time when Orwellian societies are nearly obsolete.

By their own Yearbook accounts, Witnesses are shrinking in number in many Western countries as of the last three years, as the internet facilitates the spread of information (much of it critical of the Witnesses). Witnesses are cautioned against creating JW-related websites, largely to prevent their members from discovering the history and dirty laundry of this organization on other websites.(There are literally hundreds of former members pages in many languages.)

The Watchtower strives hard to control the flow of information to the individual Witness, and prefers that all instruction come through the magazines they carry door-to-door. Without this form of control, even as they themselves admit, they would believe just the same as other Bible believers.

My hope is that there will be a day in each of their lives when the Watchtower magazine is no longer needed, and they can go to college, vote for office, and contribute money and time to other, more vital causes in their community. More than likely they will then cease to be persecuted, except in a few societies more authoritarian than their own.

Sincerely,

Danny Haszard

http://bloxster.net/JehovahWitness/
gauthier michel F

Entre-deux-guiers, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

in France there are many jehovah witnesses
gauthier michel F

Entre-deux-guiers, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

En France il y a beaucoup de temoins de Jehovah
Mark

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Judged:

yea, your very wrong about most of the things you said above.
colin

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Judged:

Jean 3:16

Oui, Dieu a tant aimé le monde qu'il a donné son Fils, son unique, pour que tous ceux qui placent leur confiance en lui échappent à la perdition et qu'ils aient la vie éternelle.
Just listen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

Jehovah Witnesses DO HAVE THE TRUE RELIGION! They no what they are talking about and they go door-to-door because Jesus himself commanded his follwers to do so. Matthew 28:19,20-"Go therefor and make diciples, teching them the things i have commanded you." Jehovah's Witnesses only teach what the bible says. They do not use there own opinions.all of the liture is bible based! If you yourself look at their liturature you will see that it directs you to your personal copy of the bible.
It is true, Jehovah's Witnesses have made mistake...but we all do b/c we are all imperfect. But as their knowledge and understanding grew about the bible they were able to see their mistakes and they made the nesscary changes to fix them.

Next time a witness come to your door, just listen to what they have to say. If you have questions....ask them. They will use their bible to reply. They come to your door to help you and they want to share with you what they no and the hope that they have, So let them!
You will truly see that the do have the true religion and when the time comes, Jehovah will fullfill all of his promises that are now being procliamied by his Witnesses.

Sincerely,
A love of Jehovah God and a believer in the True Religion!

Since: Sep 07

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

Just listen wrote:
Jehovah Witnesses DO HAVE THE TRUE RELIGION! They no what they are talking about and they go door-to-door because Jesus himself commanded his follwers to do so. Matthew 28:19,20-"Go therefor and make diciples, teching them the things i have commanded you." Jehovah's Witnesses only teach what the bible says. They do not use there own opinions.all of the liture is bible based! If you yourself look at their liturature you will see that it directs you to your personal copy of the bible.
It is true, Jehovah's Witnesses have made mistake...but we all do b/c we are all imperfect. But as their knowledge and understanding grew about the bible they were able to see their mistakes and they made the nesscary changes to fix them.
Next time a witness come to your door, just listen to what they have to say. If you have questions....ask them. They will use their bible to reply. They come to your door to help you and they want to share with you what they no and the hope that they have, So let them!
You will truly see that the do have the true religion and when the time comes, Jehovah will fullfill all of his promises that are now being procliamied by his Witnesses.
Sincerely,
A love of Jehovah God and a believer in the True Religion!
Spoken like a true lunatic that has joined a cult.

One thing you have proven, is that Jehovah's Witnesses do not want educated followers.

They discourage not only college, but any schooling outside of cult literature, which is probably aimed at a third grade reading level at most.
Tiger Rose

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

colin wrote:
Jean 3:16
Oui, Dieu a tant aimé le monde qu'il a donné son Fils, son unique, pour que tous ceux qui placent leur confiance en lui échappent à la perdition et qu'ils aient la vie éternelle.
Colin I did not know u knew how to speak french its such a romantic language.
apologist

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

AuroraMom wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true lunatic that has joined a cult.
One thing you have proven, is that Jehovah's Witnesses do not want educated followers.
They discourage not only college, but any schooling outside of cult literature, which is probably aimed at a third grade reading level at most.
You speak out of ignorance. You know that no schooling is encouraged huh? The most minor of fact checking refutes this. ignorant.

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak out of ignorance. You know that no schooling is encouraged huh? The most minor of fact checking refutes this. ignorant.
The most minor of fact checking proves me right.
Prove me wrong.

Provide facts and studies of how higher education is encouraged by the JW cult.

Your ignorance and mental illness comes shining through with every post.

Did you ever get help with that foil fettish??
apologist

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

AuroraMom wrote:
<quoted text>
The most minor of fact checking proves me right.
Prove me wrong.
Provide facts and studies of how higher education is encouraged by the JW cult.
Your ignorance and mental illness comes shining through with every post.
Did you ever get help with that foil fettish??
If you read watchtower articles you would know how wrong you were. I don't have to prove the first thing. I know what is taught. How can someone who does not attend meetings possible speak with authority? Can other people see your "family"?
JWForever

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you just can't keep a kid out of school. It's mandatory to send them to school until they are at least 16. We usually have 1 or 2 teens a year graduate. We are running out of teens, though, but our youngsters are growing and going to school and will graduate one day. Some do go on to college or some kind of extra training.

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

JWForever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you just can't keep a kid out of school. It's mandatory to send them to school until they are at least 16. We usually have 1 or 2 teens a year graduate. We are running out of teens, though, but our youngsters are growing and going to school and will graduate one day. Some do go on to college or some kind of extra training.
Okay, those were some awesome statistics!!

Ever heard of homeschooling??

When I was a kid, it was encouraged to drop out of school at 16, become a pioneer, and accept whatever government handout was offered, since we were "saving mankind" from certain annihilation in 1975.

Going away to college is forbidden, because you may actually learn what a cult you have been in, and learn how to read actual unbiased studies.

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read watchtower articles you would know how wrong you were. I don't have to prove the first thing. I know what is taught. How can someone who does not attend meetings possible speak with authority? Can other people see your "family"?

I am correct you are a twelve year old boy!

No, I have done my time reading the "Watchtower", it is a vehicle of the WBTS, it simply regurgitates cult dogma over and over again.

It has no value in the real world, because it does not even attempt to be a balanced news scource as other religous publications do.
It only prints what will they believe will further their cult.
They twist actual facts, and back up absolutely nothing with data, just annonymous sources, who are never actually named.

Try cracking an actual textbook, you might really learn something.

And I realize you have no friends, but I am not going to show you pictures of my family, as that violates their privacy, and RHW is not going to give you her name and address.

If you crack some books, you may actually be able to converse with boys your own age and get some real friends.
apologist

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

AuroraMom wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was a kid, it was encouraged to drop out of school at 16, become a pioneer, and accept whatever government handout was offered, since we were "saving mankind" from certain annihilation in 1975.
Going away to college is forbidden, because you may actually learn what a cult you have been in, and learn how to read actual unbiased studies.
That is not true, and more of your delusional speech.
apologist

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

How old are you anyway? I am nearly 40 and that nonsense never was spoken in my area, delusion.
abrother

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

AuroraMom wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you didn't save mankind and didn't gain one ounce of knowledge too.
Tiger Rose

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

Amon would you like to come visit my hall so you can personaly meet healthy young well rounded children teens and young adults who get good grades go to college we have a 26 year old attorney,honor role students,fire fighters school teachers and nurses.Maybe this will help calm your nerves and obssesion that you have.I will buy you a plane ticket just don't bring any matches or gasoline........;o)
apologist

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

AuroraMom wrote:
<quoted text>
I am correct you are a twelve year old boy!
No, I have done my time reading the "Watchtower", it is a vehicle of the WBTS, it simply regurgitates cult dogma over and over again.
It has no value in the real world, because it does not even attempt to be a balanced news scource as other religous publications do.
It only prints what will they believe will further their cult.
They twist actual facts, and back up absolutely nothing with data, just annonymous sources, who are never actually named.
Try cracking an actual textbook, you might really learn something.
And I realize you have no friends, but I am not going to show you pictures of my family, as that violates their privacy, and RHW is not going to give you her name and address.
If you crack some books, you may actually be able to converse with boys your own age and get some real friends.
Lady (term used loosley),
I have forgotten more than you have learned. I don't beleive you are all these things you post, really I am unconcerned. When I logoff I leave this petty place to the petty people who populate it. Do I want to see what you or my little pony look like? No. I have everything better to do including watching paint dry and then making sure the grass grows. You are right I am 12, I am 5tup1d and have no friends. I dropped out of school at age 7 was promiscuious, used drugs, burned things down, and sold state secrets to hobbits for the coming revolution.

If I am 12 and on a computer then I could probably get all your info of the net anyway.

I guess it's good Im not huh?

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Judged:

apologist wrote:
How old are you anyway? I am nearly 40 and that nonsense never was spoken in my area, delusion.
LOL!
Sure you are.

You gave yourself away with the poop thing.
I was suspicious, but you played your cards wrong on that one, and removed all doubt.

You forget, I am a mom

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Johnstown Discussions

Search the Johnstown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rebecca Jo Way 1 hr wowwwww 1
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 2 hr Sham Hannuty 16,777
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Ha Ha 6,358
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Ha Ha 6,338
What happened? 3 hr taxed to death 7
Who is this Jordan kid that thinks he's all that? 8 hr Helpforyou 7
FortPlain Boycott Tue taxed to death 4
•••
•••
•••
Johnstown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Johnstown Jobs

•••