Norm

Queensbury, NY

#1 Apr 8, 2014
.......... To those of you great Fort Plain residents out there that may have any interest.... What would you folks consider to be the best and wisest use of a very small legacy (100,000) that I am planning on leaving in my will to the people of that village.... I have narrowed it down to just two (2) areas... This being what I believe to be the best benefit for everyone (all citizens) concerned out there.

#1 ... The Fort Plain Library

#2.... The Fort Plain Museum

.......... I do realize that this is not very much money but is all that I can afford.... You people there that actally use these two (2) facilities, what would you prefer?

Norm
curious

Lowville, NY

#2 Apr 8, 2014
Norm....I think it would be better to set up a scholarship fund.You mentioned in another thread that you were a blue collar worker. I would set it up for students who plan to follow a path other than the usual college routine being pushed now. If, for no other reason, it would keep the money from going to the 5 or 6 usual suspects that clean up every year when they hand all of the money out. Those who work with their hands are those that will save the world....
Norm

Queensbury, NY

#3 Apr 8, 2014
curious wrote:
Norm....I think it would be better to set up a scholarship fund.You mentioned in another thread that you were a blue collar worker. I would set it up for students who plan to follow a path other than the usual college routine being pushed now. If, for no other reason, it would keep the money from going to the 5 or 6 usual suspects that clean up every year when they hand all of the money out. Those who work with their hands are those that will save the world....
.......... THANK YOU curious!......... Thank you for your kind and most thoughtful responce to my topic post here.... I did think about what you wrote here about establishing a "restricted" scholarship fund, one for trade school applicants perhaps.... However, What I wish to try an accomplish there (Fort Plain) with my tiny gift is something for the benefit of the entire local community there.... I wish it were a gift of one (1) million dollars but, I never made that much money in my entire lifetime of working.

With Kindest Regards,

Norm
curious

Lowville, NY

#4 Apr 8, 2014
Don't be hasty in your decision....there may yet be another non government supported cause worthy to champion! Give me time to mull it over longer. Have a nice day Norm....we aren't all trolls and curmudgeons on here!
Native

Danielson, CT

#5 Apr 8, 2014
Library-- best choice!!
Norm

Queensbury, NY

#6 Apr 8, 2014
Native wrote:
Library-- best choice!!
.......... Thank You Native for your most kind reply.... Could you please explain to all of us here if you would, as to why you feel the Fort Plain Libraray would be the better choice of the two for my legacy grant?... I've had really great succeess with the people that run both establishments over the many years I've visited there.... It is nearly impossible for me to choose between the two of them.... Splinting the grant money evenly (50k-50k) between them both gives each one, almost nothing in todays marketplace.... It's got to one or the other.... Thank You once again for your reply.

With Kindest Regards,

Norm
Norm

Queensbury, NY

#7 Apr 8, 2014
curious wrote:
Don't be hasty in your decision....there may yet be another non government supported cause worthy to champion! Give me time to mull it over longer. Have a nice day Norm....we aren't all trolls and curmudgeons on here!
.......... No curious!, I won't be acting hastily.... Hopfully, I won't die for several more years yet, and probably not today either.... This is just something that I'd like to have done for that community after I'm gone; and for the wonderful people of that most charming and beautiful village who have befriended me for over all these past 70 years.... A great people there in Fort Plain, true and great Americans!
.......... And No!, I'm not going to respond to anyones silly request reply here that says "You can always give the money to me!" ... It's not going to happen!... If you want some money, you go work for it!
.......... Trolls & Curmudgeons.... In my nearly 70 years of traveling and visiting out there I can truthfully say, I have never had any bad experience with any native Fort Plainer.... I think 99+% of all you people that live in great olde Fort Plain are wonderful!
.......... It's only since comming to this Fort Plain Topix message board here that I have ever encountered any resistance .... To those of you people I say this "Take a bath, brush your tooth, wash & change your clothes more than once a month!"

Best Regards,

Norm

Ron_H

Johnstown, NY

#8 Apr 9, 2014
Norm there are many charities you could give to , thank you for choosing Fort Plain or this area , it is nice to see there are still good people out there willing to give to the future , I agree with curious a trade school scholarship would do some good we need people who could work with there hands as well as their brains , the world was built on the backbone of the working class not just here but all over , choose carefully Norm and may your choice be a good one.
Maggie

Canajoharie, NY

#9 Apr 11, 2014
Both of those institutions are worthy. Both have an established history.
If you decide between these two please split it in half. Both would prosper with $50,000. Libraries are closing down all over due to technology...(internet) and that no one reads anymore. I hope that you consider both. It would benefit everyone and not just a few. Thanks for continuing to think about Ye Olde Fort Plain.
Insane Norm

Fort Plain, NY

#10 Apr 12, 2014
Wow Norm, you were slammed so badly on the other forum now your offering up money? My best guess is that you live in a trailer park and live off of Social Security and have too much time on your hands, I feel so sorry for you, why not take up golf or something? You sound like a complete delusional idiot.
Ron_H

Fort Plain, NY

#11 Apr 15, 2014
How do you know it is the same person , not everyone uses their real name on here , and yes I agree both institutions are worthy , we need not to forget first how to read then work , computers are not the answer for everything and it it is nice to hear people working trying to make a living and putting pride back where it belongs .
Simple

Fort Plain, NY

#12 Apr 16, 2014
We know because he posts all over these forums, always under the name Norm, and often ending his posts with:.........Norm

And he's a total phony, anyway. Carries on and on about retirement homes, taxes, public employees, politicians - all of this concern when he doesn't even live here. And then he had the audacity to make fun of the people who were devastated by the flood!! He said nobody should have helped them recover because they never came to help him with any maintenance & upkeep on HIS home. And let's not forget the comment about "swimming" downtown.

And yet we are supposed to believe that he's just going to donate $100,000 to the Library or Museum. LMFAO. Just another bitter, bored resident making up an anonymous, fake life on topix. Scary thing is, he sounds like he really believes his fantasy!
Ron_H

Fort Plain, NY

#13 Apr 16, 2014
I agree with what you say " Simple " but i look at it this way not everyone uses their real name and yes this person has posted else where I have seen that but I have never believed anything that is put on here and only half of what I see .
Share the Legacy

Lacona, NY

#14 Apr 16, 2014
Maggie wrote:
Both of those institutions are worthy. Both have an established history.
If you decide between these two please split it in half. Both would prosper with $50,000. Libraries are closing down all over due to technology...(internet) and that no one reads anymore. I hope that you consider both. It would benefit everyone and not just a few. Thanks for continuing to think about Ye Olde Fort Plain.
I've had family on the Library board and have myself been on the Museum board. I agree with Maggie that both organizations are worthy and would benefit immensely from your legacy gift. I would recommend contacting Museum Chair Norm and Library Director Whitney for more information on how to set up your generous donation.
insane Norn

Fort Plain, NY

#15 Apr 16, 2014
And like you believe everything said on the internet. Bahaha.....idiots!!!!!!
Ron_H

Fort Plain, NY

#17 Apr 17, 2014
No I don't believe everything on inter net or read here on topix but you never know who is setting behind the computer saying all this stuff .
huckle

Albany, NY

#18 Apr 29, 2014
..........Coach Craig Phillips !!!!!! Fort Plain Legend .........
nauseated

Port Charlotte, FL

#19 Apr 30, 2014
Ron_H wrote:
I agree with what you say " Simple " but i look at it this way not everyone uses their real name and yes this person has posted else where I have seen that but I have never believed anything that is put on here and only half of what I see .
DUH!!! Looks like a Topix newbie here. Bahaaaaaaaaaa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town of Minden board is made up of ? 2 hr community tea party 9
Deacon of Minden 2 hr community tea party 43
who strted the fires in palitine bridge 2 hr stupid 2
raquel snoke 6 hr Ridiculous 1
Tom Quackenbush gets more Veterans property tax... 7 hr Why What 4
Just wondering Thu Park Ranger 4
Jason Brundage (Feb '12) Thu Big Time 23
Johnstown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web