Albany, NY

#1 Jan 7, 2011
Does anyone have any opinions on Ambit Energy? To me it seems like a way for your friends or family (whoever is selling the ambit) to make money off of you and brag about it! Hello...thank u for signing up for look at this check i just got in the mail because of you!
the truth

Gloversville, NY

#2 Jan 8, 2011
i am not for ambit...there is a guy in johnstown and one in oppenhiem who goes from house to house and begs for you to sighn up and then sits on there buts and brags how much they are makeing to everyone..i cant wait for this prymid scheme to be over with!!!

Queensbury, NY

#3 Jan 10, 2011
I would not sign with Ambit Energy. If you want to sign with any energy saver sign with Gateway Energy. I have been with them for 5 yrs now and they are great they even give you a sign on bonus for your gas and lights.

Johnstown, NY

#4 Jan 11, 2011
I have Ambit and I seem to be saving money. I received 2 checks a few months ago,they added up to 50 not alot of money but hey National Grid never sent me a check!

Albany, NY

#5 Jan 13, 2011
Alicia wrote:
I have Ambit and I seem to be saving money. I received 2 checks a few months ago,they added up to 50 not alot of money but hey National Grid never sent me a check!
& how much of your own $ did you put up first?

Gloversville, NY

#6 Jan 28, 2011
I didn't have to pay anything!
knows for sure

Gloversville, NY

#7 Dec 9, 2011
i am a consultant for ambit and it is no scam if more people would go to a meeting you would see that this is the best thing that ever happened there is a firemen in johnstown who is the #1 earner in Fulto County.You will see how much money you can make and how easy it is and even if you just sign up as a customer ambit is cheaper then any other co. If you sign up as a customer and if you can get 15 people to sign up with you you can get free energy &Gas.Now did Nat'l Grid ever offer you free Elec.or Gas You will get a check month after month and it is no scam and if the people you sign up signs up 15 people they will get free energy.I doesn't cost you a penny to do this. Please go to a meeting and see how real this is.
knows for sure

Gloversville, NY

#8 Dec 9, 2011
i'm sorry i left out the t It doesn't cost you a penny to do this.
Also Nat'l Grid does not want to be the provider anymore and if you do not pick someone for your provider Nat'l Grid will pick one for you and i am sure if they pick one for you there will not be the benefits that you get from Ambit and no other co. will give you free energy and give you a chance to be a millionare if you work at it you can be a miilionare in 2 years. It can be your own full time or part time business.

United States

#9 Jan 19, 2012
Let me know, Iam tired of National Grid (GREED)
oy vey

Fredonia, NY

#11 Oct 30, 2013
Funny.....are you sure you're saving with Gateway? I just switched a friend from Gateway to Ambit Energy; her kwh rate with Gateway was TWICE what she would have paid, had she just stuck with her utility....twice. She had been with them for 10 years. Most likely they brought her in at a low rate and then raised it and she wasn't even aware of it; they've likely been overcharging her for at least 8 years. It's sickening what some of these companies are doing to people and unfortunately it's taken deregulation from helpful to hurtful for many.

Ambit Energy does not do that. It's one of the best things about their direct selling model. Unlike the other companies who bring you in low and then raise your rates high, Ambit helps you save. Their business model would not work if people didn't save. They have thousands of consultants who know how to check rates -- we certainly couldn't enroll customers -- and more importantly KEEP customers -- if Ambit was treating people like Gateway treated my friend. That's just wrong. When she called, all of a sudden they were willing to match Ambit's rate and offer her a $50 Visa card.....hmmmm, for 8 years you've charged her about $20 MORE per month.....that's almost $2,000 MORE that Gateway stole from her....and to keep her they'll give her a $50 'free' card and put her rate back to what they should have been charging her all along....what a deal. Sickening.

Go to Pennsylvania's utility website and compare your rate with what your utility and what Ambit can provide for you; but buyer beware there too -- look at details like extra monthly charges, cancellation fees, and introductory rates -- some rates look better than others but there are hidden fees; Ambit Energy is the best choice; yes, I'm an Ambit consultant so of course I recommend them -- but do your homework and you will see that Ambit IS the best choice now and into the future -- they don't do gimmicks and trickery -- you can't build a sustainable business on practices like that -- it may work in the short-term, but not the long-term, and if they did that all of us as consultants would not be happy!!!
oy vey

Fredonia, NY

#12 Oct 30, 2013
my apologies, I see you're in NY so New York's website is

Gateway does a fixed price; I never recommend that -- I admit, Gateway's price for my friend when she first switched to them was lower than the utility for the term of the 2-year contract.....they are showing a price of 6.49 cents per kWh now but were charging my friend over 10 center per kWh when online their price was around 5 cents.....they weren't even giving her the price they were offering to new customers!!

Please, you certainly don't have to switch to Ambit, but make sure you're not paying more with the provider you're with....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Yates (Feb '12) 3 hr Bite me 9
Cornell lainer 7 hr Ashley 41
Allen Dillenbeck's daughter (Jul '11) 11 hr Cousin 30
Ex's 11 hr For the truth 43
Chris S VFW 15 hr Low Down 3
laura smith (May '15) Mon Fool No More 38
Patricia Hinkle Oct 23 BDDD 38

Johnstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance