City of Johnstown police
Posted in the Johnstown Forum
Since: Nov 11
#1 Nov 2, 2011
It seems that the city of Johnstown police department is not enforcing basic laws. Here are some of the most serious violations I have witnessed.
1. Running stop signs.- I live near a 4 way stop sign and witness at minimum only 1 in 10 cars coming to a full stop. I have witnessed the mayor, city workers on and off the job, council member and many private citizens not coming to a stop. One of the worst violators is the city and no one is worse than the street sweeper who never stops at any stop sign.
2. Sound violations.- There are a large amount of cars with loud exhausts, and load stereos.
3. Parking violations.- I have noticed that there are many cases of cars parking blocking the sidewalk making the sidewalk unusable by pedestrians. One of the most notable occurrences of this is on green street (behind city hall) where the police drive by multiple times ignoring the illegally parked vehicles. Also there are multiple occurrences of cars parked facing the wrong direction. I have even witnessed city vehicles parked illegally in front of the water department.
4. Cell phone wile driving.- I have witnessed many cases of people using cell phones while driving, but some of the worst were watching police officers in squad cars talking on the phone while driving. But the worst was when I witnessed a city worker driving the very large dump truck wile driving behind the Sr center.
5. Speeding - I have witnessed many cars speeding through the city, but the worst happen in the
evening. I believe that some of the streets are used for drag racing based on the speeds of the drivers.
6. Turn signal use.- I have been dangerously close to death on multiple occasions because of drivers lack of using this basic safety instrument. The irony is that most of the time it is walking on the sidewalk in front of city hall. Drivers will be making a turn into city hall and will not use signals as they drive at pedestrians on the sidewalk.
The reason for writing this is the hope that someone in the city who can effect change is reading this. It has been my experience with dealing with the mayor, council members, police and city engineers that nothing will happen as they do not care.
#2 Nov 4, 2011
Good for you of pointing out the obvious. Instead of whining on topix why don't you get involved and run for election, join a committee and take the proactive approach to control the enforcement rather than sidelines gripe. Don't bitch and complain about the fact that the county and state politicians spend countless dollars on welfare and medicaid and DSS regarding State mandate spending. Don't complain that they want to take police, fire and EMS service out of the picture or down to a bare minimum so they can continue to pay for welfare. Freaking cowards. Just like me. Bitch and don't do anything right?
Since: Nov 11
#3 Nov 5, 2011
I think you must be replying to the wrong post. Not once did I mention anything about welfare, Medicaid, or dss. Nor did I mention anything about cutting police, fire, or especially ems. If you were from the area you would know that javac is a volunteer organization. I have followed the proper channels to make these complaints. I have spoken to the mayor, police, councilmen. I do not have the correct name or backing to win a councilman seat in my ward, that is why I am "bitching" on Topix.
I would not go to the Saratoga section and call you a coward so please do not come here and spread your misguided hate.
Add your comments below
|laura smith||2 hr||laurie smith||2|
|Jackson Family: 30 and Counting (Jun '10)||Sat||tired of bull||72|
|anjelia ortiz (Jan '14)||May 2||fannymae||22|
|Anna Herringshaw||Apr 30||Billy Joe Bob||7|
|vfw drunk||Apr 30||tired of bull||6|
|Merger Please!||Apr 28||Really||10|
|Mary blood||Apr 14||iamcurious||1|
Find what you want!
Search Johnstown Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC